Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots

+3
iS Plague
Made in Finland
Ross Saxophone
7 posters

Go down

MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots

Post  Ross Saxophone 27th July 2009, 4:23 pm

I fucking love this game.

Story
If you have never played a Metal Gear Solid game, you are probably denying yourself of one of the most epic (in the true meaning of the word) tales ever woven in video games. I don't want to spoil it, but basically your one of four badass clones (Solid Snake, Naked Snake, Soldus Snake and Chuck Norris) bred from the greatest soldier that ever lived (Big Boss), and your trying to prevent the entire world's destruction from nuclear warfare.
MGS4 completely outshone it's predecessors and any other game for last ten years in terms of just sheer compelling story with charactors that you actually truely care about. Everyone wishes they could be as cool as Old Snake when they grow old and wrinkly.
I'm not afraid to admit it, I fucking cried at the heart renching finale of the game, in possibly the most epic old man bum fight in the history of the world ever.
Score: 10/10

Gameplay
Okay, here's where it get's tricky. Stealth. Thats the only way you can play this game unless you want to restart from a checkpoint about sixty times. If you not a fan of creeping about in the long grass waiting for the opptunity to snap some hapless rookie's neck than this game is not right for you.
The gameplay does allow for small areas of the game where you are encouraged to just run headlong first with your XM8 held high as you pop some ass in their caps, but this is few and far between.
There are some incredible boss battles which really mix up the game and make great use of the PS3's SixAxis system.
Score: 7/10

Sound
I'm going to hold up my hands right now and say I rarely notice sound in video games, but my God, I would actually buy the soundtrack to this. I can't explain how the music just works in this game.
This Explains All.
And This
The sound effects are really detailed, Old Snakes footprints change as walks through the grass and then onto gravel or mud. However, the gun noises do let the game down alot, it seems like all the assault rifles sound the same, all the handguns sound the same.
Score: 8/10

Graphics
I don't need to tell you this, but here goes anyway. This game has the most immersive, realistic and detailed graphics of any other next gen game released so far.
To be honest when I look at games right now, I compare their graphics to Metal Gear Solid 4. If you play Gears of War/GTAIV/CoD4 and then load up MGS4, the change is as noticable as if you played a PS2 game and then say Assassassassassassassassins Creed.
Score: 10/10

Replay Value
With Metal Gear Solid 4, you also get Metal Gear Online, which is.. how you say.. shit.
But forget about that, all your items and points you had collected throughout the game roll over, so when you next play, your better equipped and prepared, allowing you to just storm through the levels and play the game in a different style. The game is also filled with tons of little easter eggs and secrets that you will have missed along the way.
Now back to MGO. Okay, the actual way the game plays is pretty good, but the matchmaking is so terrible it's like giving birth threw you urethra. I mean you'll wait there for half hour or so and your still not in a game. The idea of MGO is great, you earn points in game which you can then trade in for new outfits and such but your not going to because your'll never get into a game. It's no CoD4, not by a long shot.
Score: 5/10

Conclusion
It's fantastic. I can't really say anymore than that. Fanboy-ism aside, I really am pissed that this could not be enjoyed by everyone. Luckily Metal Gear Rising will be available on all platforms, shame we have to play as that fag Raiden.
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: 80%
Ross Saxophone
Ross Saxophone
God damn Sunlight

http://www.google.co.uk

Back to top Go down

MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots Empty Re: MGS4: The Guns Of The Patriots

Post  Made in Finland 27th July 2009, 4:40 pm

Yeah, this is why I want a PS3 too, but I'm not buying a damn 600$ console just for one game.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  iS Plague 27th July 2009, 5:01 pm

I think they're 400 now...
Idk
besides MGS4 is an amazing game!
I honestly loved it for its stealth gameplay Its graphics and its Music i guess Ross nailed those 3.
I would suggest getting this game for you ps3 owners.
iS Plague
iS Plague
Zombies dun like meh.

http://isclan.wsr3.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MAG7VUM BROW7V 27th July 2009, 5:37 pm

Metal Gear Online shit?

Whoa buddy, crossed the line there.
Metal Gear Online is excellent i love it.
Character customization, original game types (not just dm, tdm, cap the flag

MGO is quite difficult to get used to, yes. And a lot of people think its shit cause it's hard, but once you get used to how you have to play it, it's a very fun and tactical online game and i love it.

The only time you have to wait a long time to join a game is in Automatching, which matches you up with players of your own skill, but even then no one uses automatching becasue hosted servers give you more points and you can level up faster.

To compare it with Call of Duty is, well, not exactly fair. Call of Duty is a first person shooter, MGO is third.
MAG7VUM BROW7V
MAG7VUM BROW7V
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross Saxophone 27th July 2009, 5:41 pm

I'm not saying the actual componant is shit, I'm trying to say the initial matchmaking is a major turn off, other wise I would play it alot more. Plus, it takes a good hour to set up an account, and everytime I turn it on to play, I'm forced to sit through a five hour update.

But I agree, the customisation is boss, especially the game (can't remember the name) where you play as Old Snake and the MK. II
Ross Saxophone
Ross Saxophone
God damn Sunlight

http://www.google.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  MAG7VUM BROW7V 27th July 2009, 5:50 pm

Ross Saxophone wrote:I'm not saying the actual componant is shit, I'm trying to say the initial matchmaking is a major turn off, other wise I would play it alot more. Plus, it takes a good hour to set up an account, and everytime I turn it on to play, I'm forced to sit through a five hour update.

But I agree, the customisation is boss, especially the game (can't remember the name) where you play as Old Snake and the MK. II

Oh yeah it's not team sneaking but i know they abbreviate it as SNE.

I love playing prison on that though, especially if snake is a gaurd cause if you kill him you take his dog tags Razz
MAG7VUM BROW7V
MAG7VUM BROW7V
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 27th July 2009, 6:27 pm

Must... Resist... Buying.. PS3 for one game.... but it seems sOOOO epic!
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 27th July 2009, 9:03 pm

i loved that game, the last 30 is probably the most epic part of any game i've played

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  FERL116 13th August 2009, 6:10 pm

This is the reason I want a Ps3.
FERL116
FERL116
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down