Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What is your car preference? *(select all that apply if necessary)*

35% 35% 
[ 33 ]
4% 4% 
[ 4 ]
23% 23% 
[ 21 ]
10% 10% 
[ 9 ]
5% 5% 
[ 5 ]
9% 9% 
[ 8 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
9% 9% 
[ 8 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
4% 4% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 93

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Bladewind23 on 4th August 2010, 9:41 pm

[moved from other topic: New Fastest Production Car]


I know what car it is now

Barabus TKR (and its ITALIAN not american.)

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/21/barabus-tkr-0-60-mph-in-1-67-secs-270-mph-top-speed/

300-400 of these babies are planned for production, and that production started in '06 judging by the site.

Heres the list I saw it on. (From 2009)

1: Barabus TKR - 270.3 mph
2: SSC Ultimate Aero - 257.2
3: Bugatti Veyron 252.9 - mph
4: Koenigsegg CCR - 250.4 mph
5: Koenigsegg CCXR - 249.8 mph
6: Lotec Sirius - 248.5 mph
7: McLaren F1 - 240.2 mph
8: TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 240 mph
9: Koenigsegg CCX - 226.4 mph
10: Bristol Fighter T - 225 mph

the Veyron SS is missing simply because its (the list) from 2009 (Not sure why the 9ff and the Saleen TT aren't on there).


Last edited by Bladewind23 on 4th August 2010, 9:52 pm; edited 6 times in total
avatar
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Posts : 1159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Bladewind23 on 4th August 2010, 9:57 pm

BUT WAIT

Theres more!

http://www.vectormotors.com/wx8-specs.html

Not in production yet, but getting there.

300 mph, talk about speak of the devil on both Meatshield and Eaustinn's parts..


Vectors were always so freaking awesome...

W12 is still my fav
avatar
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Posts : 1159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 on 4th August 2010, 10:27 pm

Nice find Bladewind that car looks very good.
avatar
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Posts : 4232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Bladewind23 on 4th August 2010, 10:33 pm

looks like the Veyron SS was already obsolete the second it rolled out of the factory, eh?
avatar
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Posts : 1159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  eaustinn36 on 5th August 2010, 1:27 am

Bladewind23 wrote:I know what car it is now

Barabus TKR (and its ITALIAN not american.)

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/21/barabus-tkr-0-60-mph-in-1-67-secs-270-mph-top-speed/

300-400 of these babies are planned for production, and that production started in '06 judging by the site.

Heres the list I saw it on. (From 2009)

1: Barabus TKR - 270.3 mph
2: SSC Ultimate Aero - 257.2
3: Bugatti Veyron 252.9 - mph
4: Koenigsegg CCR - 250.4 mph
5: Koenigsegg CCXR - 249.8 mph
6: Lotec Sirius - 248.5 mph
7: McLaren F1 - 240.2 mph
8: TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 240 mph
9: Koenigsegg CCX - 226.4 mph
10: Bristol Fighter T - 225 mph

the Veyron SS is missing simply because its (the list) from 2009 (Not sure why the 9ff and the Saleen TT aren't on there).


omfg lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how much of a facepalm this is. I've been in so many debates about the made-up TKR on youtube over the past 3 years (long before UX) it's not even funny.

Let me address both cars at once, then go into detail.

1. Barabus TKR - DOES NOT EXIST. To this day, not even one car has rolled off the line. Why? Because the company went under about a year ago (or so i've heard). The Barabus TKR's top speed is 0 mph. Why? Because the prototype hasn't even has a key turned yet to start it (or button pushed?). Why? Because the car never had an engine.

All pictures you see on google/youtube are from an 2006 autoshow where the SHELL of the car was displayed. They (barabus) haven't even completed a prototype.


2. That Vector.... basically same situation (minus the company going under part). The main difference is that I think they actually completed a concept version (I think)... but still, NONE are in production. Besides, like other cars (Henessey Viper Venom for example) have not even been tested past 200mph. Therefore, all stats are SPECULATION. And in this case... 300mph? EXTREME SPECULATION.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also don't even want to go into how outdated those internet articles are (believe me, people sent me links of them 2 years ago). Those articles were released when the company announced the new TKR (when they were in the "planning" stages to build it).

Not to mention to, but that top 10 list you posted is beyond outdated and innaccurate. The CCR hit a TESTED top speed of 241mph. In addition, even check the Koenigsegg website (even though some of there stats are speculation); you can see: CCXR > CCX > CCR.

Bristol Fighter T has only been tested to 209.7mph (about 210mph). Again, anything beyond that is speculation.

The Bugatti Veyron (2005) broke the 253mph barrier, not 252.9mph.

Where is the Saleen S7 TT, or any of the other cars from 2009 and earlier that should be on there?

Lotec Sirius? lol? Sry for being repedative, but same old same old: speculation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sry to rip your arguement apart, but "top 10 fastest production cars" is what I live for (sorta). The list shown on the OP is 100% accurate to this day. Don't believe me? Check my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, before anyone starts a counter arguement, i'd like to address 2 cars (as addressed on my channel) that are street-legal and in production, but are PENDING speed confirmation. Neither however, are a threat to the new Veyron SS... for now.

1. 9ff GT9R - An upgraded "R" version of the GT9 (much like the "SS" version of the veyron). Produced and completed in 2009; awaiting testing. Estimated top speed = ~260mph.

2. Keating TKR - Much like the Barabus TKR, only this company actually followed through on making the car, and is British. Estimated top speed = ~260mph.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be end of "debate" good sir king

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0-60 in under 3.2 seconds, nearly a 200 mph top speed... and 78 mpg? You are looking at Porsche's latest legend.

For the latest UX Events, be sure to check the events section: http://www.undead-xbox.com/f18-events
R.I.P. 9/27/12  - A potential legend, has become a tragic failed dream.
avatar
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Posts : 4518

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Bladewind23 on 5th August 2010, 1:35 am

I was never arguing anyway, I was expressing opinion.

The WX8 is still in development no doubt, the small block is going to blow the SS out of the water anyway, and that ones already been proven.


You have an extreme state of DENIAL is the problem here.

avatar
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Posts : 1159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  eaustinn36 on 5th August 2010, 1:46 am

Bladewind23 wrote:I was never arguing anyway, I was expressing opinion.

The WX8 is still in development no doubt, the small block is going to blow the SS out of the water anyway, and that ones already been proven.


You have an extreme state of DENIAL is the problem here.


Show me a video or something that PROVES it is proven. The small and big blocks have not been tested yet. No creditable source in the world acknowleges any vector as even in the top 10 (from the world record books to auto shows). It's all specualtion.

It's not denial; it's fact.

You sir are in an extreme state of misinformation and deception.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0-60 in under 3.2 seconds, nearly a 200 mph top speed... and 78 mpg? You are looking at Porsche's latest legend.

For the latest UX Events, be sure to check the events section: http://www.undead-xbox.com/f18-events
R.I.P. 9/27/12  - A potential legend, has become a tragic failed dream.
avatar
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Posts : 4518

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Bladewind23 on 5th August 2010, 1:50 am

You do know it IS possible to test an engine before it enters the car, VECTOR themselves on THEIR website have the proof.

And you're STILL in denial, you just don't want to admit it.
avatar
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Posts : 1159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Masta Shef on 5th August 2010, 1:58 am

Testing an engine and testing the engine in the car are totally different. Weight and drag are just two variables you aren't taking into account. Before you say Austinn's in denial bring some real life evidence to the table. Until than it is neither proved nor disproved so you cannot argue that it is.
avatar
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Posts : 864

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  eaustinn36 on 5th August 2010, 2:14 am

Bladewind23 wrote:You do know it IS possible to test an engine before it enters the car, VECTOR themselves on THEIR website have the proof.

And you're STILL in denial, you just don't want to admit it.

wow dude....

Testing an engine outside of a car means NOTHING. Engine power and size is not even close to the other factors that weigh in. Aerodynamics, tire durability, downforce, and so much more is required.

Look at the SSC for example.... they said it would do 272mph.. it did 256mph.

Besides, American car companies are NOTORIOUS for over inflating their performance figures (this is NOT opinion, it's fact). It's not just the Aero. You know that Saleen S7 TT in the list? Well Saleen said it would do 260mph... it did 248mph.

On the other hand (again this is fact, not opinion), european car companies are much more precise with their predictions. Lets do some examples. The 2005 Bugatti Veyron was predicted at 253mph.. it did 253mph. The 9ff GT9 was predicted at 253mph... it did 254mph. And would ya believe the new Bugatti Veyron SS was predicted in the upper 250's or low 260's... it did 267mph. Shall I keep going?

Also, going back to my original point in this post, engine size means nothing. Look at the Bugatti Veyrons 8 Liter W16 with 4 huge turbos... shouldn't that go 400mph? No.... You know the main reason the first Veyron hit 253mph? TIRES. If it would go any faster, the tires would burst because they couldn't handle the stress (or so VW Engineers determined). And not to mention a new tire on a Veyron costs about $20,000 each, so it is clear that they aren't your average high speed racing tire.

And how am I in denial if i'm taking all of your "facts" and showing you how they are all wrong in these series of unnecessarily long posts?...



EDIT: On a different note, I don't see how your trying to say the Veyron SS is faster when it hasn't been tested (in car form) yet. EVERY credible source in the world (except a few companies in denial, and obvious vector) acknowledge the new veyron as the fastest. Even SSC congratulated VW on the achievement.

I am also in no way trying to "dis" american cars (IMO the ones after 2005 I like a lot; this is mainly for Masta Shef). It just goes for ANY company in the world: if it is not proven, the claim is worthless.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0-60 in under 3.2 seconds, nearly a 200 mph top speed... and 78 mpg? You are looking at Porsche's latest legend.

For the latest UX Events, be sure to check the events section: http://www.undead-xbox.com/f18-events
R.I.P. 9/27/12  - A potential legend, has become a tragic failed dream.
avatar
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Posts : 4518

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  eaustinn36 on 5th August 2010, 2:40 am

[moved to this topic b/c this topic was created for all "vehicle related arguements", and it was becoming too heated]

I would also like to say the Vector would be a great car.. if it ever came out in like 2-5 years. As far as i'm concerned though, for now it is like the Barabus TKR; for all we know the car development could fall through.

Bladewind, your argueing like this car is already on the market; as far as I can see, it is still a concept car. You know MANY concept cars (especially supercars) never make it into production right? I'm not saying this car won't, but still, speculation is speculation.


EDIT: I looked at their site a little more (vector). Id like to quote a few things:

Small Block - "260-275 + mph top speed (Bonneville gearing)". That is a huge range, and seeing how big it is, it is clear they haven't even tested it close to those speeds. For the other supercars on my official list, predictions are to the nearest 1mph, not a range of 15mph. And also, 260mph is still in that range.

Big Block - "300 mph projected top speed (Bonneville gearing)". Need I say "projected"? Even Vector got past their self-pride and admit it. And before you say anything, refer back to my last post about american cars "over-inflating performance figures".

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0-60 in under 3.2 seconds, nearly a 200 mph top speed... and 78 mpg? You are looking at Porsche's latest legend.

For the latest UX Events, be sure to check the events section: http://www.undead-xbox.com/f18-events
R.I.P. 9/27/12  - A potential legend, has become a tragic failed dream.
avatar
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Posts : 4518

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 on 5th August 2010, 3:28 am

Bladewind23 wrote:And you're STILL in denial, you just don't want to admit it.
About Porsche being lazy designers..... Cause they claim thier new cars they rolled out have new body parts but still looks the same.
Explain that eaustin.
avatar
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Posts : 4232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  eaustinn36 on 5th August 2010, 3:35 am

BLACK SNOW 13 wrote:
Bladewind23 wrote:And you're STILL in denial, you just don't want to admit it.
About Porsche being lazy designers..... Cause they claim thier new cars they rolled out have new body parts but still looks the same.
Explain that eaustin.

Each new model is different... however, they are fine differences. What most people don't understand is that the unique body style and form is what defined Porsche. This is why many Porsche entusiasts flipped out when porsche decided to design an SUV (the Cayenne Turbo), because it didn't conform to porsche's unique shape. This was before, of course, everyone found out it could do speeds near 200 and was in the top 3 fastest SUV's in the world.

It's the subtle things, and what is different under the hood, that makes each model unique. If Porsche was to radically change their design (like some car companies), then they would lose a lot of respect from many buyers (including me), which would hurt the company. You'll also find that many "high-end" supercar companies don't change their design, unless there is a flaw with the old one. IMO, and Porsche's, they have achieved perfection already. However, there are some models that were not "perfect", and were redesigned. Look at a 2000 Porsche Boxter, and a 2007 Porsche Boxter, and tell me they're not different.

Besides, if they were "lazy designers", then why are they one of the biggest and most successful sportscar companies (if not the biggest). Porsche also has a strong history in Le Mans races and other world titles. Lazy designers... hardly. More like "world class".

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0-60 in under 3.2 seconds, nearly a 200 mph top speed... and 78 mpg? You are looking at Porsche's latest legend.

For the latest UX Events, be sure to check the events section: http://www.undead-xbox.com/f18-events
R.I.P. 9/27/12  - A potential legend, has become a tragic failed dream.
avatar
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Posts : 4518

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 on 5th August 2010, 3:40 am

I still think it some of the laziest ever.

New discussion. Why is the Nissan GT-R better than everything in it's class?
avatar
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Posts : 4232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  eaustinn36 on 5th August 2010, 3:47 am

That seems like a pretty bias question.... but anyways...

Better in what? Performance? I can assure you the Porsche GT2 or GT3 would destroy it in a straight line (there was a drag race done somewhere before, can't remember the link).

Or are you talking about the Nürburgring? I'll have to look up the times before I can counter anything (because unlike some other people, I actually do the research and look beyond the surface into the cold hard facts of every car, before I post a defensive comment based on no grounds to make me look bad).

I'll get back to ya.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0-60 in under 3.2 seconds, nearly a 200 mph top speed... and 78 mpg? You are looking at Porsche's latest legend.

For the latest UX Events, be sure to check the events section: http://www.undead-xbox.com/f18-events
R.I.P. 9/27/12  - A potential legend, has become a tragic failed dream.
avatar
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Posts : 4518

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 on 5th August 2010, 3:50 am

LOL STRAIT LINES. (DRAGS)

We are talking about circuit my friend. And the Nurburgring.

inb4 ZR1 is faster cause that was bs.
avatar
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Posts : 4232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  eaustinn36 on 7th August 2010, 9:05 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:That seems like a pretty bias question.... but anyways...

Better in what? Performance? I can assure you the Porsche GT2 or GT3 would destroy it in a straight line (there was a drag race done somewhere before, can't remember the link).

Or are you talking about the Nürburgring? I'll have to look up the times before I can counter anything (because unlike some other people, I actually do the research and look beyond the surface into the cold hard facts of every car, before I post a defensive comment based on no grounds to make me look bad).

I'll get back to ya.

Finally got to looking up the times. Impressive? yes. Best in class? No.

Apparently the new Corvette ZR1 has a faster lap time around the track, and amazing cars like the Porsche GT2 I mentioned earlier, are only slower by a few seconds. They're all pretty good, but overall, considering the GTR has no straight line speed, I wouldn't call it the best.


And on a slightly related note, for production cars, the Gumpert Apollo (best handling production car in the world) still has the fastest lap on the Ring by a decent gap (something I didn't know).

So, not only does Germany have the speed record, but the lap record (and therefore in theory handling record) as well. WOOOT!! Very Happy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0-60 in under 3.2 seconds, nearly a 200 mph top speed... and 78 mpg? You are looking at Porsche's latest legend.

For the latest UX Events, be sure to check the events section: http://www.undead-xbox.com/f18-events
R.I.P. 9/27/12  - A potential legend, has become a tragic failed dream.
avatar
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Posts : 4518

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 on 7th August 2010, 9:08 pm

Only reason the ZR1 was faster cause they had a better driver.
avatar
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Posts : 4232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  eaustinn36 on 7th August 2010, 9:10 pm

BLACK SNOW 13 wrote:Only reason the ZR1 was faster cause they had a better driver.

Better Driver? You want to bring that as a factor.

Then the only reason the GTR was faster than the GT2 was because the GTR had a better driver.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0-60 in under 3.2 seconds, nearly a 200 mph top speed... and 78 mpg? You are looking at Porsche's latest legend.

For the latest UX Events, be sure to check the events section: http://www.undead-xbox.com/f18-events
R.I.P. 9/27/12  - A potential legend, has become a tragic failed dream.
avatar
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Posts : 4518

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 on 8th August 2010, 1:20 am

eaustinn36 wrote:
BLACK SNOW 13 wrote:Only reason the ZR1 was faster cause they had a better driver.

Better Driver? You want to bring that as a factor.

Then the only reason the GTR was faster than the GT2 was because the GTR had a better driver.
Nah, I think it had some Aerodynamic problems

Also was the times you check for the GT-R. Were they the normal GT-R or V Spec
avatar
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Posts : 4232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  KZ Powned on 8th August 2010, 3:08 am

OO MYYY GOD

k lets move on to hot hatches

I have always been a fan of the new subies but still love the Mazda 3 and the golf GTi

how about you guys??
avatar
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Posts : 940

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Bladewind23 on 8th August 2010, 3:14 am

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
avatar
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Posts : 1159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 on 8th August 2010, 3:27 am

BEST HATCH EVA

avatar
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Posts : 4232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Bladewind23 on 8th August 2010, 3:28 am

thats not a hatchback snow...
avatar
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Posts : 1159

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 on 8th August 2010, 3:30 am

Bladewind23 wrote:thats not a hatchback snow...
Opse wrong pic

I meant this:
avatar
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Posts : 4232

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cars and Supercars - What is the best?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum