Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Resident Evil 5 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Resident Evil 5 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Resident Evil 5 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Resident Evil 5 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Resident Evil 5 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Resident Evil 5 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Resident Evil 5 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Resident Evil 5 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Resident Evil 5 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Resident Evil 5 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Resident Evil 5 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Resident Evil 5 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Resident Evil 5

+5
Gam3rfr33k
BlitherCube
Made in Finland
MrKurt2012
Ross Saxophone
9 posters

Go down

Resident Evil 5 Empty Resident Evil 5

Post  Ross Saxophone 11th June 2009, 3:23 pm

Well, where do I begin with this? I blasted through the fifth installment in the series (which is actually the seventeenth) in a weekend on 'Normal' difficulty. I decided to split this review up into parts because I kept forgetting what I wrote.. yip.

Story
It's impossible for me to not compare this to Resident Evil 4 (from here on known as RE4), as the two games are virtually direct sequals of each other, RE4 had the whole secret agent thing going on with the highly original (NOT) plot of terriorsts stealing a member of the presidents family. Fair enough. Resident Evil 5 howevers plot is a bit all over the place. For the first few moment of the game all I knew was some kid called Irving was selling some bio weapons in Africa, then suddenly all the locals go crazy on me and then Irving turns into a Gears of War Villain Rip-off and now Weskers involved somehow..? What. No seriously, the story here was crafted so loosly together, yes there were twists and turns involving a certain lady, but bottom line is, with RE4 you knew what was going on fairly early in the game, and you got to know the villains who popped up every now and then. With RE5 there is never that hatrid between the player and antagonist built, yes it's Wesker, and yes to some people that was enough for them, but for me, I would I have liked to have more confrontations to give that god awful fight in the Volcano (I know like WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! How did this happen) some emotion. Please I better stop before I ramble on about the Volcano, it was the most stupid thing I've seen yet, like something a ten year old would think off, not to metion the fact that Chris and Sheget out of the fucking way and stop getting yourself killed you dumb bitchva did not roast being that close to moltern rock is beyond me.
Score: 5/10

Gameply
Yes, after the story always comes gameplay, and really, if you played RE4, it's virtually the same. The was however one huge fault I had with this, I'll explaine it in two words. Attache Case. What.. the.. fuck. The attache case used in RE4 was perfect, it added a whole new element where you would oftern find youself in a dilemma to drop that last herb for some Magnum ammo. So all those huge boxes in RE4 was scaled down to nine. NINE (lulwut). Every item takes up one box, so an RPG takes up the same amount of space as a herb, need I say how much of a stupid thing this was. (Oh and I didnt count Shestop picking up those fucking red herbsva because she basicly wastes every item you give her). The game tends to focus on action action action and more action, RE4 had a nice balance between action puzzle backtrack action. I felt I was being rushed constantly, levels were usually crafted in a straight line, and it felt like a striaght line, the enviroment didnt fell lived in, it felt like everything had been convienantly placed there just for you like the fact that there are items in the bottom of a bloody Volcano (seriously, a Volcano, what were you thinking). Sheva, well.. in all fairness she is okay, she usually stumbles out into gun fire (yes the neo-Zombies now wield AK47's) but for the most part she does come in handy, but given the option, I would much rather go it alone.
Oh and be warned about halfway threw it all turns Tomb Raider on your ass.
Score: 6/10

Sound
Let's be fair none of us really give a tosh about what it sounds like, the voice acting is okay albeit a little quiet and out of sync with the characters lips in some places, but it does an okay job. Sound effects are nice, it really does sound like some sort of super worm bursting out of someones neck. However, soundtrack wise, the game is shockingly bad. Before I played games like Grim Fandango, the Metal Gear Solid series and Resident Evil 4, I never cared much for soundtrack but when I played this, I thought holy shit, am I played another James Bond game. That about sums it up. All the sound is the same, action-esq shit with to many tubas. RE4 really built up a sense of fear, the Ganado theme was actually pretty creepy, especially at 3:00am with all the lights out, and the Merchants theme really did summon a sense of lonliness and solitude, I felt none of this here, it all sounded like a generic tune ripped straight from Resistance Fall of Man. For a 'Horror' (I use the term loosely) game music should play an intergral part, but really the theme tune from Lavender Town in Pokemon Blue built more of a scary atmosphere than this ever hoped to do.
Score: 3/10

Graphics
You dont need me to tell you how lovely the game looks, well as lovely a game with heads exploding can look I suppose. Just a few screen tear issures really.
Score: 8/10

Replay Value
This is a hard one considering I've only just played it, but already, I can see it sitting on my shelf for eternity in a month or so. When looking at replay value, I tend to look at games such as Call of Duty 4 and Grand Theft Auto IV which always seem to have an empty case. Although this game does have Mercenary Mode, for those not in the know, a survive for aslong as you can on a map you played earlier in the game, to be honest I really can't see me playing it for longer than say half hour at a time, yes it is a nice concept, but yes it does get boring even when you have had a go at some of the other characters such as Wesker and a certain lady. The infinate ammo unlock is fun for about five minuets and you'll only really use it to beat the game on Professional difficulty and get some of those last achievments. As for the DLC, all I can say is that it was a plain rip-off and obviously devolped during the game cycle but was left out to earn a bit of extra cash, so I'm leaving that out.
Score: 5/10

Conclusion
Despite a game I have talked negatively about I did actually enjoy the single player, but apart from the visually stunning look of the game, it is kind of a let down, and is still overshadowed by its predecessor RE4.
Resident Evil 5/17 (AKA Generic Action Title): 54%
Ross Saxophone
Ross Saxophone
God damn Sunlight

http://www.google.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 Empty It was a good challenge while it lasted.

Post  MrKurt2012 11th June 2009, 3:37 pm

You should try winning it on every mode even impossible thats what me and garquin did and we feel acompolished 100% completion all badges [little blue things on wall], artifacts [little sapphires and jewels] thats all that needs to be said and also all achievements except for the dlc ones still number 10 in world on prison on slayers on versus dlc even though no one plays really.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 Empty Re: Resident Evil 5

Post  Made in Finland 11th June 2009, 4:35 pm

It's funny you mentioned Gears of War rip-off... I mean seriously, it's like the boys at Capcom suddenly wanted their games to sell better at America, and decided to take example of the most American game around, Gears of War 2. Just think about it...

Chris suddenly turned from a regular guy in to a god damn gorilla. He looks like a Gear even without the power armor for christs sake!

There's a partner sticking with you at all times. Though in Re5 the partner was slightly sexier than in GoW2...

In GoW2 the enemies shoot at you. That's what they do in Re5 too! This used to be the best zombie game series....

GoW2 has huge loads of scenarios where you're on a moving platform (ex. A boat with wheels and a flying squid). En Re5, for the first time in Re history, you jump on the back of a Humvee and shoot enemies with a minigun. And later on a small boat.

GoW2 has one of the gayest, buggiest, glitchiest, most annoying water bosses. And Re5 has one too! Well... To be fair, there was a very similiar water boss on Re4, so maybe GoW2 is the rip-off in this case... Still.

The last and the most obvious. In GoW2 you kill the last boss with a Hammer of Dawn, which was already introduced in GoW1. In Re5 you find a magical satellite beam gun that works EXACTLY like the Hammer of Dawn. And the huge Uraboros looks like a black brother of the lambent Brumak.

I'm sure I forgot to mention some, I'll edit them there after I finish GoW2 on insane.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 11th June 2009, 8:12 pm

Yea i would give this game like a 6/10. It was fun but not really replayable. The graphics were really good but i was expecting a scary game. I mean like really scary and this was just action. Whatever happened to real zombies and not bugs infecting the brains.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 Empty Attache Case

Post  Gam3rfr33k 1st July 2009, 9:14 pm

i think the reason they didnt add the Attache Case was because it is two people if u were on live ur partner would be annoyed if u paused the whole game to rearrange ur pistol plus i dont want to know where leon was keeping those items

Gam3rfr33k
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 1st July 2009, 10:23 pm

The game for me pissed me off. I was able to beat it with out going through another pair of pants. A zombie game that isn't scary is just un-heard of for me. The boss battles were kind of fun but that wasn't exactly something to look forward to. The only plus side for me was collecting the jewels and spending them on sick weponds but even then it wasn't worth the price. RE4 definetly kicks the shit out of this game. As for the valcano I tended to let it slide until Sheva walks infront of Wesker like is some kind of teddy bear. And to save her from falling, I have to beat a boulder senseless and shoot Wesker.. Wait I ACCTUALLY PUNCHED AND KNEED A BOULDER? WTF? This game was just sad and in no way satisfied me. The DLC seems like so much of a joke that I didn't bother spending money on it. The most fun I had was killing every zombie with a hand cannon but that has its limits. As for A.I. I never felt in danger ever. Not even in on the hardest difficulty. I played the game again just to watch Sheva get destroied by that bug thing.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 2nd July 2009, 5:36 am

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:A zombie game that isn't scary is just un-heard of for me.
Maybe the fact that Resident Evil 5 isn't a zombie game has something to do with it?

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:RE4 definetly kicks the shit out of this game.
So wait, you didn't think RE5 sucks because it wasn't scary zombie game, but in your opinion RE4 kicks ass? How come? It isn't a zombie game either, and it was about just as scary as RE5 was.

Have you ever tried the older games? You should.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 2nd July 2009, 12:31 pm

Ok Ok so they aren't ZOMBIES there like bug infested people and what not but still RE4 was fun because it had some great momments that made me keep playing. RE5 had momments where I just wanted to throw my xbox through a wall. And I don't own any old systems to play them so do you think I could find a PC version?
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 2nd July 2009, 2:21 pm

Story The story is not some sort of masterpiece. But its resident evil, and you know its not going to make much sense anyway. Its interesting enough to keep you watching the gorgeous cutscenes.
Score: 7/10

Gameplay
Listen, we all want zombies. Now that thats out of the picture, this is a fantastic game. Even though the controls might take some getting used to, they work. Pin pointing enemy body parts has never been so much fun. The map changes drastically between each level, from the desert of africa, to labs, to cargo ships, to swamps and volcanos. I never felt this game get repetitive at all. This is a game you MUST PLAY CO-OP. I mean online coop. Get a friend, and play through the entire campaign and you'll have a blast. Anyway, the gameplay changes up, adding very fun bosses and rail-shooting missions to the mix.
Score: 10/10

Sound
Great sound. All the gun sounds match up and sound nice and crisp. Heads exploding sound like heads exploding. The voice acting isnt TERRIBLE, in fact listening to Irving is pretty funny. There are sounds for everything in this game, footsteps, chris turning his body, switching guns, falling, trying to get himself back up again. The soundtrack is like what Ross said though, something out of a James Bond movie. I thought it fit nicely though.
Score: 8/10

Graphics
This is the greatest looking game I have ever seen on the xbox. I would tell you to buy this game for the graphics alone. Why doesnt every game looks like this? The character models for everyone are extremely detailed, especially gun models. Movements are extremely fluid and seem very human. Lighting is perfect, and the landscapes are beautiful.
Score: 12/10

Replay Value
Alot of games have that option to play on a harder difficulty and put that as their "replay value" *cough*bioshock*cough*. Professional mode is definitely something to go for in this. You probaly dont have all of the guns through your first playthrough, and you definitely dont have them all upgraded fully. Ive played through the campaign twice now and still dont have all the guns fully upgraded. Doing this unlocks more guns, and infinite ammo for that gun (which you can turn off.) Theres also mercenaries mode which is alot of fun if you have a good partner. I would NOT however buy the multiplayer add on. Its an entire waste of money and a disgrace to capcom that they would charge you for that piece of crap in the first place. So for a single player game its got alot of replay, not nearly as much as RE4 though. Youll be playing this game for at least a month, then you can put it on your shelf.
Score: 7/10

Conclusion
Fantastic game, definitely worth a buy. It might not be what your used to for Resident Evil, but who cares, its awsome.
Resident Evil 5: 9/10.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  BeakedBruce 2nd August 2009, 4:17 am

I had a real fun time playing RE5 My buddie and I would go on Co-op and if anyone would remember the level where one of you had to hold a lamp and the other would shoot the zombies in that mazey tunnel. Well my friend had the lamp so I go to knife a crate to get some ammo and turn around. He's Gone O.O So here I am sitting in the dark completely pitch black and I hear zombies shuffling around. >_< I got my buddie back later on in the game with the waist high water and the Alligators xD
BeakedBruce
BeakedBruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MAG7VUM BROW7V 2nd August 2009, 5:40 am

I would consider them zombies. They did say that the parasite has to kill them to begin the process of turning them against other humans. Even if the death is instantly occuring then back to life, it's still there, and that still makes them zombies.

Just not cannibalistic zombies.
MAG7VUM BROW7V
MAG7VUM BROW7V
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 2nd August 2009, 8:24 am

MAG7VUM BROW7V wrote:I would consider them zombies. They did say that the parasite has to kill them to begin the process of turning them against other humans. Even if the death is instantly occuring then back to life, it's still there, and that still makes them zombies.

In that case, I guess it's OK for the zombies to start shooting and driving motorbikes in GTA IV zombies.

There is not such a thing as a non-cannibalistic zombies, because that's what zombies are. Dead people who have been resurrected, and have nearly no brain activity, except for the need to feed.

If they are smart enough to shoot and drive, they aren't zombies.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  BeakedBruce 2nd August 2009, 4:22 pm

Made ln Finland wrote:
MAG7VUM BROW7V wrote:I would consider them zombies. They did say that the parasite has to kill them to begin the process of turning them against other humans. Even if the death is instantly occuring then back to life, it's still there, and that still makes them zombies.

In that case, I guess it's OK for the zombies to start shooting and driving motorbikes in GTA IV zombies.

There is not such a thing as a non-cannibalistic zombies, because that's what zombies are. Dead people who have been resurrected, and have nearly no brain activity, except for the need to feed.

If they are smart enough to shoot and drive, they aren't zombies.

Yes, but what about Voodoo zombies aren't they a little more human like?
BeakedBruce
BeakedBruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 2nd August 2009, 5:23 pm

Voodoo "zombies" are hypnotised people...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down