Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Triad (Game Topic) Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Triad (Game Topic) Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Triad (Game Topic) Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Triad (Game Topic) Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Triad (Game Topic) Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Triad (Game Topic) Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Triad (Game Topic) Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Triad (Game Topic) Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Triad (Game Topic) Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Triad (Game Topic) Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Triad (Game Topic) Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Triad (Game Topic) Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Triad (Game Topic)

+20
NickisanEnigma
Flasktoss55
MrKurt2012
Gbps
DJDemitri
Leniette
. ADestroyer360
Garquin
Super Mega King
snowwolf1996
DeadApe
Namorg
ApocalypseVVolf.
A Groovy Tophat
Meatshield718
Kugeth8
Eaglendia
eegleindia
Dexta117
Sigmatic Scholar
24 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Triad (Game Topic) Empty Triad (Game Topic)

Post  Sigmatic Scholar 26th January 2012, 9:18 pm

Triad (Game Topic) Triad%20Logo
Welcome, Undead Xbox, to Triad... The Sigmatic Scholar's hot new forum game that he totally put off starting for way too long.

This adventure takes place in the Sigmatic Plane, the mythic realm vaguely mentioned in MSPC as the homeland of Professor Vanguard and Colonel Genesis. Here, the essence of reality can be harnessed and manipulated, and the power to do so is mundane.

SHIT BRO SIGN ME UP
Hold on one goddamn second you guys. There's some shit you gotta know first. I gotta make sure that I do all this right.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU'VE DONE THIS BEFORE
Do you remember Rapture? The Sigmatic Epilogue? Yeah me neither. This is essentially my first forum game. The updates will probably come a bit slower than you're used to with the legendary Eaglendia. As the school year goes on, Triad may slow down to Endemic pace, but I will pick it back up as soon as I can if that should happen. We're in the big leagues now.

OKAY, SO DO WE NEED TO KNOW ANY OF THIS SHIT ABOUT THE SIGMA OR WHATEVER?
You don't need to, but it certainly helps to have a basic understanding. I won't be delving deeply into Sigmatic Theory (but I can if you really, really want me to, I guess), but I will casually reference some aspects of it throughout the game.

SO WHEN CAN I CREATE A CHARACTER? LET'S GET THIS GOING.
Slow down brah. See, like any good forum game, Triad features a cast of 10 colorful douche bags. However, for various reasons that I will outline a bit further down, I've already written short descriptions for each color, but these are just guidelines. The player will be expected to build a character upon the framework of the color. This business is going to be a bit more story driven, so have fun with character creation.

A'IGHT. THAT'S COOL I GUESS. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
Well, to sign up all you have to do is make a post saying the following:
1.) First and second choice of color
2.) The name of your character (first and last)
3.) A short answer to the question "How do you prefer to play this style of game?" (Note, there is no right answer. If you like hunting for items, then that's what you like)
4.) Pick a number between 1 and 20

DO I REALLY HAVE TO DO THIS SHIT?
Yes. Yes you do. There is only one person who I'm even considering saying has an assured spot. You may have to fight for your spot, especially if you pick a popular color. As such, I'd recommend that, if two people are already fighting for your first choice color, you choose a different one.

CAN I CHOOSE MY STICK DUDE'S CLASS? I WANNA BE A HALF-WOLF QUARTER-HUMAN QUARTER-DEMONLORD BERZERKER MAGE WITH A SPIRIT SWORD THAT-
Get out.
While there are classes (Seer, Mage, Brute) and affiliations for each class (Void, Flux, Force, Meta), those apply only to how the character uses their Sigmatic powers (more on that a bit later). I already rolled random stats to determine class, affiliation, and ability with Sigmatic Techniques (using random.org if you're curious). Because some classes may be more popular and there should be balance, I just went ahead and pre-balanced it this way. The descriptions are formed by considering the stats I rolled as well as the color.

Aside from that, you may develop your character in any way you see fit.

Let's do this.

Triad (Game Topic) Titlescreen

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sigmatic Scholar on 28th January 2012, 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sigmatic Scholar
Sigmatic Scholar
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Triad (Game Topic) Empty Re: Triad (Game Topic)

Post  Sigmatic Scholar 26th January 2012, 9:20 pm

A group of colorful douchebags finds themselves in some fairly generic looking streets of the Sigmatic Capitol, Sig Cordon. The head of the empire that lies in the western-most reaches of the mainland. As the humble and every-so-often less-than-perfect narrator, I admit that I cannot possibly be all these people, nor assign them all names. I can, however, briefly outline the style of Sigmatic power employed by each of them.

Triad (Game Topic) 001

Now, before I go any further with something as menial as plot development... Who's gonna be who?

Triad (Game Topic) RED
Some might say that your method of Sigmatic manipulation is a bit crass, but the way you see it, you get some serious shit done. If you get attacked on the street (not that you really have to worry about such a thing in the Capitol), why bother with a light show when you can just push the fuckers away with brute force?

Triad (Game Topic) ORANGE
You never really had any real Sigmatic power to speak of, so you always tried to make up for it by training yourself physically. However, due to your very slight affinity to the Void, and your brutish nature (a dangerous combination) you've been known to have a few... accidents.

Triad (Game Topic) YELLOW
Like ORANGE, you never had any notable Sigmatic power. Maybe a glowy moment now and again, but no control. You were always okay with this, feeling that if it really came down to it, you're quick and agile enough to get out of any bind. You're that kind of guy, always smiling regardless.

Triad (Game Topic) CHARTREUSE
You're damn fine at what you do. And what you do best is be a Flux Mage. You're one with the flux; you ARE the flux, by Cor, no matter how many times any of the others might call you "pretentious." Really, you think, they're probably a bit jealous. Such is life for the Sigmatic adept.

Triad (Game Topic) GREEN
You're a somewhat rare one. A Void Mage. Frankly, it's a bit strange to you. There are the few that are afraid of Void power, and it's a bit scary to you too. Typically you only use your Void techniques for a bit of sleight of hand, some street magic here and there to get some extra fundage. You know how it is.

Triad (Game Topic) TEAL
You don't have all that much Sigmatic power, but at least you have a bit more than YELLOW and ORANGE. Still, you don't have something else you're great at to make up for your lack of Sigmatic skill. You've always been a bit insecure about that. But even so, your weak (somewhat rare) Meta powers are a crowd pleaser when you're having a good day.

Triad (Game Topic) BLUE
You're a pretty average guy. An average Force Mage and pretty happy as a person. But what makes you special is your slight tendency as a Seer which manifests as heightened perceptiveness. You're pretty good at dodging any danger that you encounter. You flow like water and all that. No big deal.

Triad (Game Topic) INDIGO
Okay, maybe Void Mages aren't THAT RARE. Well regardless, you're kinda fucking scary. Unnatural affinity and skill with the Void, and that can't be emphasized enough. Since Void powers have to possibility to be the most reality-fucking, people are naturally a bit afraid of you when you tell them what you're good at. You tend not to tell people...

Triad (Game Topic) PURPLE
You're pretty pleased with your more-than-decent Force powers. As a Mage, you've actually learned to fine tune them to the point that you can play some easy-going pranks on your bros: invisible walls and the like. You've even learned to briefly overcome the force of gravity and float around for a bit. All in all, everything is goin' pretty well for you.

Triad (Game Topic) MAROON
You've never really been into the whole Sigmatic power scene like your friends have. Just as well, all you've got going in that regard are a few Seer moments: heightened intuition of the Flux. This does, however, really come in handy when it comes to your real passion of Sigmatic tech. It really amazes you how the essence of the universe is harnessed to the point that it's mundane.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sigmatic Scholar on 26th January 2012, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sigmatic Scholar
Sigmatic Scholar
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dexta117 26th January 2012, 9:33 pm

1.) Chartreuse, Indigo
2.) Dexter Harris
3.) Hunting for loots and learning new spells, maybe dabble in the restricted zone Wink
4.) 19
Dexta117
Dexta117
The Man of Tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  eegleindia 26th January 2012, 9:38 pm

1.) First Choice: Orange Second Choice: Maroon
2.) Nolan Vario
3.) I generally enjoy exploration, both of physical locations and of game mechanics (combat systems, crafting systems, etc.) Exposition about life in the Sigmatic Plane would be great as well, and experiencing it from the perspective of someone unable to use the world's power to it's full potential would be very interesting.
4.) 7

Last edited by Courtyard Droll on 27th January 2012, 3:19 am; edited 4 times in total
eegleindia
eegleindia
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 26th January 2012, 9:39 pm

1.) First Choice: Purple
Second Choice: Blue
2.) Allistor Brent
3.) My preferred playstyle would be making this game.
Actually I'm not really sure how I play because I haven't played too much of these games. Sometimes I get obsessed with revenge when I feel I've been wronged in such a context--and otherwise, if the world interests me enough, then I'll likely feel driven to explore, crack a few jokes, and develop my character as I interact with others. It'll be a blast, I'm sure.
4.) 17
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

https://www.youtube.com/eaglendia

Back to top Go down

Post  Kugeth8 26th January 2012, 9:42 pm

1.) Indigo and Green for me
2.) David Folsense
3.) Awww yeah! We got guns over here! It's like Christmas!
4.) 18

Last edited by Kugeth8 on 26th January 2012, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kugeth8
Kugeth8
I don't miss.

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 26th January 2012, 9:48 pm

1.) First and second choice of color - Indigo and Green
2.) The name of your character (first and last) -Enthis Rho
3.) A short answer to the question "How do you prefer to play this style of game?" I enjoy adventure, action, and story telling.
4.) 11

Last edited by Meatshield718 on 26th January 2012, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 26th January 2012, 9:49 pm

1.) Yellow, Orange
2.) Thomas Hatt
3.) Keep quite (as far as dialog goes) until needed and just kinda do my own thing when i get a chance. Crafting is another thing I greatly enjoy doing in games like this, because you always end up with either something awesome or absolutely hilarious.
4.) 14

Last edited by Tophat 44 on 26th January 2012, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 26th January 2012, 10:00 pm

Color: 1: Red / 2: Yellow

Name: Veronir Klaus

Play Style: I can't really accurately describe a certain play style, but I like my options and open-world decisions, As for attitude towards others, I'll insert my own opinion, but very rarely become aggressive or push my ideals. In general, I'll just "go with the flow."

And y'know, I'm Canadian.

Number: 8

Last edited by ApocalypseVVolf. on 26th January 2012, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 26th January 2012, 10:02 pm

1.Teal, Green
2. Name: Jay Evans
3. I prefer to play this style of game with a a pretty big amount of item searching/exploring/story building. But some badass fight scenes are great as well, and also thinking of new and unexpected ways to use our surrounding and or spells to our advantage.
4. 20
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 26th January 2012, 10:45 pm

1.) Red, Orange
2.) Claude Bronson
3.) I want to power through with aggression and maybe a little bit of thinking, but mostly aggression. Hot headed team leader right here. I don't know shit about the sigmatic plane but I want to hurt things.
4.) 17

Last edited by DeadApe on 26th January 2012, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 26th January 2012, 10:47 pm

1.Yellow,Teal
2.Name: Ralon Courshire
3.I love to use my creative tactics to make my friends and I at an advantage.
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 26th January 2012, 10:50 pm

1.) Green, Blue
2.) Homer Albright
3.) Exploration, adventure, and danger. I like to have a world to explore with puzzles to solve and danger to be had.
4.) 5
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 26th January 2012, 11:18 pm

1.) Teal, blue
2.) Victor Nefarian
3.) "How do you prefer to play this style of game?" I Demand all the power I Will be a unstoppable powerhouse.
4.) 6

Last edited by Garquin on 27th January 2012, 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 26th January 2012, 11:59 pm

1.) Green, Indigo
2.) Steve Harrow
3.) 45% planning, 45% bum rush, 10% blind, stupid luck
4.) 15
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Leniette 27th January 2012, 12:03 am

1) Maroon, Chartreuse, Yellow!
2) Arachne Iona
3) I just really want to know everything about the Sigma ever because it's one of the coolest concepts I've come across in a long, long time. Also I like treasure hunting. I like treasure hunting a LOT.
4) 5.659
Leniette
Leniette

Back to top Go down

Post  DJDemitri 27th January 2012, 12:37 am

1) Yellow, Red
2) Vladamire "DJ" Kongov
3) 50% survival (like sleep at night, eat, yadda yadda)
50% national war (Like the homeland is at war with ... And we are given positions to take on the enemy)
4)13
DJDemitri
DJDemitri
I dismember Zombies slowly

Back to top Go down

Post  Gbps 27th January 2012, 12:45 am

1.) Blue, Orange
2.) Urabask Arcbound
3.) I prefer analyzing the game's structure, looking deep within for hidden secrets to the game's functionality and exploiting them for my own profit. I try to get into the mind of the other players, finding their weaknesses and how to exploit them. The human mind is feeble.
4.) Triad (Game Topic) Screenshothr
Gbps
Gbps
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 27th January 2012, 1:57 am

1.) First Choice: Teal

Second Choice: Green

2.) Hanzo Hondo

3.)If I am allowed to play I would be the guy who would sit back and assist other players when they are in need of my help, I usually am not the one to charge in and get myself killed straight away though, I also would like to learn more about the sigma and the concept of it as well. It sounds like a good time to be had and I could definitely adapt my style of play to my color/class as well, also I would like to witness shit go down and respond to it.

4.) 7
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 27th January 2012, 2:45 am

1.) Maroon (Deep Pink), Chartreuse
2.) Sane Gibbon
3.) I like to thoughtfully examine the locations and characters, while collecting items and clothing to give my character a personal operation and appearance. Combat is secondary to me.
4.) 6
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  NickisanEnigma 27th January 2012, 3:30 am

1- Maroon, 2nd choice Yellow

2- Nathan Quark

3- I'm all about the story telling aspects of the game. Getting minimal hints of a character background and fleshing it out, making it entertaining, but above all, functional as a piece of fiction.

4- 7
NickisanEnigma
NickisanEnigma
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 27th January 2012, 4:33 pm

1.) Blue, Teal
2.) John Patterson
3.) I like to analyze things before I make my decisions, and like to keep my characters with little information, so that others may find out for themselves.
4.) 19
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  oO Coggy Oo 27th January 2012, 6:30 pm

1.) First choice: Yellow
Second choice: Pale blue
2.) Eric Cogston
3.) I prefer playing in a small group, instead of going it alone. I also like the levelling and upgrading aspect to characters, as well as finding new items.
4.) 7
oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sigmatic Scholar 29th January 2012, 12:01 am

Spoiler:

Ah, it looks like there are enough players to be all these people.

Triad (Game Topic) 001

In spectral order they are...

Triad (Game Topic) 01
DeadApe with Red.

Triad (Game Topic) 02
MrKurt2012 with Orange.

Triad (Game Topic) 03
Tophat 44 with Yellow.

Triad (Game Topic) 04
Dexta117 with Chartreuse.

Triad (Game Topic) 05
Super Mega King with Green.

Triad (Game Topic) 06
Namorg with Teal.

Triad (Game Topic) 07
Gbps with Blue.

Triad (Game Topic) 08
Kugeth8 with Indigo.

Triad (Game Topic) 09
Eaglendia with Purple.

Triad (Game Topic) 10
And Leniette with Maroon.
Sigmatic Scholar
Sigmatic Scholar
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 29th January 2012, 12:09 am

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. THANK YOU.

This is so much better then that other forum game.

I do find it weird that you picked like 5 people who are already in a forum game though.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next