Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Murder Mystery Game Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Murder Mystery Game Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Murder Mystery Game Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Murder Mystery Game Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Murder Mystery Game Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Murder Mystery Game Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Murder Mystery Game Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Murder Mystery Game Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Murder Mystery Game Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Murder Mystery Game Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Murder Mystery Game Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Murder Mystery Game Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Murder Mystery Game

+8
Meatshield718
A Groovy Tophat
MrKurt2012
ApocalypseVVolf.
VrAzZLe Meister
sgt zombie23
snowwolf1996
Desert Sleepy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Murder Mystery Game Empty Murder Mystery Game

Post  Desert Sleepy 26th October 2012, 5:26 am

Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub10

I wanted to do something for October, and I thought "What's better for Halloween than a murder mystery?". This game is meant to go by quickly, ideally in maybe a week. The basic idea is, each player controls a character, they PM me what they want to do, and I PM them an update (with pictures and relevant data). At the conclusion of the game, I post ALL characters updates, with labels, as one big story. What this means is, you would control your guy, and you would only see things through your own eyes (to be secure, I'm making a unique servimg account for each player). And you would be the only one, too, so if you find a gun and decide to stash it in a cabinet, unless another player is watching you as you do it, you'd be the only one to know. This means all characters are completely in the dark about everything, except their own whereabouts and things they've seen. You may hear a loud smashing coming from the top floor, and by the time you get there, find that someone's been beaten to death with a plasma TV.

Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub11

If you get into a fight, they're done by simply describing exactly what it is you'd like to do. If you want to move slightly to the left, you'd better mention that. Be detailed. If you want to smash someone with a chair, you'd better describe in detail how to hold the chair while hitting, what you're aiming for, and if you're, for example, charging forward while doing it. You won't really have any indication of what your opponent is going to do until they do it.

As for talking to other players, that is still done by PMing me. If you see someone, and would like to ask them their name, you'd PM me with your action being "Say to the guy on the left 'Hey, what's your name?'" or "Shout out 'Hey asshole on the balcony! Why do you have a knife?'". Other players may hear what you're saying, depending both on how close they are and how loudly you speak, so if you want to keep something between you and another player, either find a private place to talk and watch out for eavesdroppers or whisper.

As for movement, every player will be able to move approximately the same distance per turn. You'll be able to move about from one room to another, depending on how large the room is. You'll also hear things if they're loud enough. If you enter a room and see some knives on a counter, you can for example, pick one up and put it in your coat pocket, or walk to another room. If you take too long and start holding up everyone else, you'll simply wait idly in the room you're in for that turn.

Example:
Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub12
You hear a ruckus going on upstairs, and what sounds like glass breaking, so you rush upstairs.

Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub13
However, you arrive too late.

Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub14
Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub15
The killer seems to be gone, and a player has been killed.

And that's basically how to play the game. If you want to play, Just post in this topic "Participating." (don't tell which player model you want in the post, or any details that may compromise your identity in game) and send me a PM detailing which model you'd ideally want, and then order the others from one you want most to least. There are nine models (and nine potential players accepted). So, for example, if you want model 8 the most, you'd PM me "Hey, playing the game. Want to play Number 8. 6, 3, 9, 7, 1, 2, 5, 4.". This would mean you want 8 the most and 4 the least. I'll give you the one on your list that's still available, meaning if 8's taken, you'd get 6, and if 6 is taken, you'd get 3, and so on. Don't quit because you didn't get the model you wanted, since it has absolutely no effect on the actual game.

I'd like to ask that if you do participate, you not discuss the game with other people, since this could give you or them an unfair advantage. Even non-participants might end up talking about what you did if you tell them. Basically, don't share with other players out of game, since it's pretty much meta-gaming. Play fair! Anyway, if you're playing, you know how to sign up. The premise is below. When the game starts, each player will flee from the corpse to a separate room in the house. I'll note when the game has started in this topic, and at that point I'll send everyone an update for their character and they can send me their action.

The characters are numbered one through nine, going from left to right.
Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub20
One to four.
Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub21
Five to nine.

Premise:

It is approximately ten years in the future. Mr. Stahl, the Regional Manager of the office you work as a salesman at, has invited you and some of your co-workers over for a celebration at his sizable house. Apparently, the company is profiting, despite a recent rash of thievery by someone in the office clean-up crew. Upon arrival, he announced that at the end of the night, he'd be awarding a large cash bonus to the salesman who made the most sales this month as a reward for their effort. He said he'd keep it a secret until the end of the party, and insisted that you put it out of your minds for now and enjoy your drinks. A few minutes later, everyone in the house heard a loud bang and rushed to the lobby area.

Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub16

Mr. Stahl has fallen from the balcony. He's dead. Pretty convenient timing.

Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub17

Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub18

Murder Mystery Game Cs_sub19

There's a killer on the loose.

You try to call the police with your cell phone, but the line is busy. There's something on the news about a sudden increase in cases of cannibalism all over the city. You can leave the house, but you shouldn't stray too far, as the streets clearly aren't safe. You need to stay here until things blow over and the police are freed up. However, the house isn't safe with a killer about, so you panic and retreat to a separate room from everyone else. Unfortunately, you took Mr. Stahl's advice about enjoying your drink to heart and can't seem to remember anyone you associated with today's name. They must work in a different section of the office.

You need to find this killer and dispatch him. When these cannibal riots or whatever end and the police respond, it'll be perfectly understandable. You just have to do what you have to do. However, it would probably be best to not kill people who you don't suspect. Can't trust anyone though. The killer could be anywhere. Or anyone.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Murder Mystery Game Empty Re: Murder Mystery Game

Post  snowwolf1996 26th October 2012, 8:25 am

Participating
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 26th October 2012, 11:57 am

Participating
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 26th October 2012, 3:12 pm

Participating.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 26th October 2012, 4:49 pm

Participating.
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 26th October 2012, 6:04 pm

Participating.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 26th October 2012, 6:30 pm

Participating
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 26th October 2012, 7:00 pm

Taken so far: 4, 9, 2, 8, 1, 5, 6. Two players haven't picked yet.

Last edited by Desert Sleepy on 26th October 2012, 11:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 26th October 2012, 9:02 pm

Will play.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 26th October 2012, 9:30 pm

Participating.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 26th October 2012, 10:54 pm

Just need one more player, and then it can start.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 26th October 2012, 11:01 pm

Participating, although if anyone else wants in I wouldn't mind giving my character up.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 26th October 2012, 11:08 pm

Game will probably start sometime tomorrow. Anyone who hasn't picked their character by then (only 2 as of now) will be automatically given one.

EDIT: Alright, all slots filled and all characters chosen. With any luck, the game will start some time tomorrow.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Murder Mystery Game Empty Desert Sleepy here!

Post  CRACKER KILLER 27th October 2012, 2:38 am

Due to inbox capacity issues, I decided to run the game through this profile. This profile's been around since last Halloween, so I didn't create it specifically for this (I created it to try and solve Cry Vengeance's scavenger hunt). Though with the community being as relaxed as it is, I doubt it matters anyway.

Anyway, if you get a message from this account sometime tomorrow, it'll probably be the one signaling the start of the game. I'm hoping to have each player do at least two moves each day (at least), though I may be underestimating how much work that'll entail. Hopefully not. So if you get a message from this account, it's for the game, and this is also the account you should send your responses to.
CRACKER KILLER
CRACKER KILLER
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 28th October 2012, 3:49 pm

Murder Mystery wrote:Due to inbox capacity issues, I decided to run the game through this profile. This profile's been around since last Halloween, so I didn't create it specifically for this (I created it to try and solve Cry Vengeance's scavenger hunt). Though with the community being as relaxed as it is, I doubt it matters anyway.

Anyway, if you get a message from this account sometime tomorrow, it'll probably be the one signaling the start of the game. I'm hoping to have each player do at least two moves each day (at least), though I may be underestimating how much work that'll entail. Hopefully not. So if you get a message from this account, it's for the game, and this is also the account you should send your responses to.

Dude your name has to match your gamertag. STAHP
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 28th October 2012, 4:25 pm

This game hasn't started yet, has it?
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 28th October 2012, 8:24 pm

VrAzZLe Meister wrote:This game hasn't started yet, has it?

Not yet. Was waiting for something, but it should start tonight with any luck. Just want to note that I'm not sure how exactly it'll work out. The map may not have enough weapons, maybe too many, but in any case, this'll pretty much tell me what needs fixing if anything goes wrong. Might need a bigger map.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  CRACKER KILLER 29th October 2012, 1:21 am

Currently cranking it up. Expect to receive mail soon if you're participating.
CRACKER KILLER
CRACKER KILLER
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  CRACKER KILLER 29th October 2012, 9:49 pm

A note about AFK players: It isn't really feasible to wait for a response from every player, so the game moves on without them. However, if you are AFK and somebody approaches you, you'll be sent a message alerting you to this, and given a decent amount of time to respond. If you still don't do anything and that person subsequently attacks you, you'll be sent another message and be given at least 24 hours to respond to the attack before it happens. If you don't respond, you'll presumably be hit by the attack, and they'll probably keep attacking you, with shorter windows for you to respond in (it would take forever if each murder took several days to commit).

As for people who are already active (people who have responded at least once so far), you'll be given more generous windows to respond in, since I know you're actually participating and wouldn't want to screw you over because you happened to be at work or in school while you were attacked. If you respond to another player attacking you, it will go at whatever pace it needs to since you've received the message and know you're in a fight.
CRACKER KILLER
CRACKER KILLER
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  CRACKER KILLER 3rd November 2012, 9:40 pm

Got an idea to encourage activity, and hopefully both even the odds and spice things up.

There are nine players, and one of the players is the killer. The goal of anyone who isn't the killer is to find the killer before they get murdered. The killer's current goal is to get Mr. Stahl's bonus that was promised to the salesman of the month. The bonus is in the house somewhere.

So here's the idea. I recently got a job, and from my first day made 40 dollars. So, I'd like to offer a 40 dollar prize to the "winner". There are quite a few different ways it could turn out. Here are a couple examples:

-The killer kills everybody, and leaves the neighborhood with the bonus.
-The killer is killed first, leaving eight survivors, and all players agree to end the game there and split the bonus.
-The killer is killed at some point, and at least one of the remaining players opts to continue the game, and they now are out to snag the bonus for them self. If all players who choose this option are killed, the remaining players will again be given the chance to either split the reward or continue, until only one player is left or all remaining players have agreed to split the reward.

A couple notes: The prize is forty dollars, and there can be a maximum of eight winners (if the killer is the only one killed, and all eight non-killers live). The prize is split evenly between the winners. So, with eight winners, each winner would get a five dollar prize. Alternatively, if there are two winners, each gets a twenty dollar prize. A singular winner gets the prize all to them self, and if things get too vindictive and might lead to some players being butthurt at the winner, I might choose to not show player names in the final story (it'll just show their character names).

Also, you don't have to be the last man standing to be the only one who receives the award. If you escape the neighborhood with it, you'll collect it (this won't be made easy). This means everybody shouldn't start picking each other off immediately. The killer is currently the only one who should be killing completely unprovoked.

Anyway, if you have any input, feel free to input it. You can say it here, PM it directly to me, or PM it to me with the request that I express it publicly (if you want to say your piece but remain anonymous). If you don't say anything, I'm assuming you're fine with it. This isn't necessarily implanted; if there are enough players against the idea for whatever reason, I'll just continue the game as is. The idea was to both give players incentive, and possibly lead to some entertaining backstabbing moments near the end (Sort of like the bank scene from the Dark Knight) or maybe some players will form alliances with the agreement to split the bonus between themselves. Anyway, tell me what you think.

Also, sorry for the recent lull in activity, my recently acquired job and the beginning of fall (leaf raking season) have kept me busy, but I'm still trying to update frequently.
CRACKER KILLER
CRACKER KILLER
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 3rd November 2012, 10:20 pm

I already found the cash prize so everybody better stop looking now.... it's a waste of time
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 4th November 2012, 6:34 pm

If i win, can you deliver the 40$ (or however big of a cut i get) in person?

Also, im not even kidding.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  CRACKER KILLER 5th November 2012, 1:19 am

A Groovy Tophat wrote:If i win, can you deliver the 40$ (or however big of a cut i get) in person?

Also, im not even kidding.

Well, depends on if you can meet me at a spot. In that case, I'll deliver forty dollars, cash, in a briefcase. I already own a briefcase for precisely this reason.
CRACKER KILLER
CRACKER KILLER
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  CRACKER KILLER 8th November 2012, 10:33 am

Updated most players to their current situation. Others require someone else to either do something or acknowledge what they did to advance, meaning if you haven't gotten an update tonight, then it's because someone else has to do something and as soon as they do you'll be updated.

More important news though. A single spot has opened up, so if you'd like to play, just post here, and I'll mail you to inform you about your character's situation and any other relevant info. This character as of now hasn't come into direct contact with anyone, so this change shouldn't have any effect on the game, and it should also be easy to just step into their shoes. Remember, the winner/winners gets/get a prize!
CRACKER KILLER
CRACKER KILLER
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  CRACKER KILLER 13th November 2012, 9:34 am

Was going to update today, but GMod currently isn't working (checked the game hub, it's crashing for everybody who tries to use it upon launch). There's still a single spot available, however if it isn't claimed soon I'll just cut the player size down by a member.
CRACKER KILLER
CRACKER KILLER
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next