Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty

+18
eaustinn36
ApocalypseVVolf.
Desert Sleepy
MrKurt2012
FoundDa Kiwi
sgt zombie23
snowwolf1996
Jagdgeschwader
ztron
Made in Finland
KGBOOM
bman4782
El Mexi Can 915
WestHybrid 360
mboddz751
Meatshield718
DeadApe
Super Mega King
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty Re: third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty

Post  Made in Finland 4th January 2013, 11:59 pm

mboddz751 wrote:you litterally just chewed out and spit up what my last post was. try again you pathetic troll.
That's not what you said, unless you have a hard time conveying a thought and expressing yourself...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 Empty Re: third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty

Post  mboddz751 5th January 2013, 12:00 am

i said games can be played from the perspective or with features of a TPS but can still be cetain genres. thats literally what you just repeated.
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  WestHybrid 360 5th January 2013, 12:03 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-person_shooter

You guys need to stop over-analyzing the games. If it's got a camera over your head and you have a gun, it's a third person shooter.

Dead Space. Third Person Shooter.
Grand Theft Auto. Third Person Shooter.
Saints Row. Third Person Shooter.
Resident Evil. Third Person Shooter.

There's really no debate.
WestHybrid 360
WestHybrid 360
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th January 2013, 12:03 am

WestHybrid 360 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-person_shooter

You guys need to stop over-analyzing the games. If it's got a camera over your head and you have a gun, it's a third person shooter.

thank you
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  bman4782 5th January 2013, 12:04 am

Grow up guys let it go, its getting pretty old now.

bman4782
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  ztron 5th January 2013, 12:05 am

third person shooters are shitty and if you like them then you're shitty - Page 2 ABANDON%20THREAD
ztron
ztron
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 5th January 2013, 12:06 am

I hate myself for reading everything in this topic
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 5th January 2013, 12:06 am

mboddz751 wrote:i said games can be played from the perspective or with features of a TPS but can still be cetain genres. thats literally what you just repeated.
No you didn't, you just pointed out that "they're 3rd person and you shoot most of the time, there fore they must be TPS".

mboddz751 wrote:edit: did i ever state the defintion of a TPS...no didn't, so stop trying to prop me up on a point i never made
Seriously, are you fucking mentally challenged or something? Are you trying to say, that before I interrupted your multi-spam spree, you were NOT discussing "the definition of a TPS"? Then what is it exactly, that you were talking about?

@WestHybrid: Go to Wikipedia or some other place where you can see what genre a game is, and look up those games. Sure enough, maybe half the games have TPS mentioned, but never as the primary genre, and on the other half not even mentioned.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 5th January 2013, 12:08 am

mboddz751 wrote:
Super Mega King wrote:Grand Theft Auto is definitely not a third person shooter though I can see where you're coming from. The GTA series isn't built around the shooting mechanics and shooting

WHAT thats some buuuuuulllllllshhiiiiiiit. sure its open world, but what are you doing for easily 90% of the game besides driving? hell you can even shoot while driving.

I was trying to create a distinction between games that are true third-person shooters like Gears of War or Spec Ops and games that simply incorporate shooting elements like open-world Rockstar games.

In "true" third-person shooters, the game is built around the shooting, and the shooting drives the gameplay forward. In Gears of War, if you aren't shooting, then you're moving to the next segment where you DO shoot. Same for Spec Ops. That's why they're "true" third-person shooters.

In the GTA games, there's a lot more to the games than a series of shooting segments. There's an open world to explore, driving, activities, etc etc... the point being that while third person shooting IS a major factor in the game, the game isn't designed as a third person shooter. It's an adventure game that takes elements from arcade racers and third-person shooters, hence it being more aptly described as an "action-adventure."

But yeah, you're right, something can be a blend of genres. A survival horror game like Dead Space can use elements of a third person shooter, and it does. I just wanted to stress that the games I generally don't like (and I targeted a bit in my post) was TRUE third-persons like I first described, and not action-adventure, survival horror, blah blah blah.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th January 2013, 12:09 am

Made in Finland wrote:
mboddz751 wrote:i said games can be played from the perspective or with features of a TPS but can still be cetain genres. thats literally what you just repeated.
No you didn't, you just pointed out that "they're 3rd person and you shoot most of the time, there fore they must be TPS".

mboddz751 wrote:edit: did i ever state the defintion of a TPS...no didn't, so stop trying to prop me up on a point i never made
Seriously, are you fucking mentally challenged or something? Are you trying to say, that before I interrupted your multi-spam spree, you were NOT discussing "the definition of a TPS"? Then what is it exactly, that you were talking about?

@WestHybrid: Go to Wikipedia or some other place where you can see what genre a game is, and look up those games. Sure enough, maybe half the games have TPS mentioned, but never as the primary genre, and on the other half not even mentioned.

i never directly stated what the definition was...you implied you know what it is. btw are you sure you're not throwing the tantrum?

btw that wasn't my last post you referenced...good job.

and west's article is from WIKI...are you mentally challanged?

Last edited by mboddz751 on 5th January 2013, 12:12 am; edited 3 times in total
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 5th January 2013, 12:09 am

you can melee too so they could also be considered third person beaters(:
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  WestHybrid 360 5th January 2013, 12:12 am

Made in Finland wrote:

Clearly the brick lodged in the back of your skull is stopping the reception of thoughts to your brain. I JUST gave you textbook definition of a TPS. It doesn't matter if it's primary or not. It's still the genre of the game, and can be defined by it accordingly.

I'll give you the equation again.

Game A has shooting. Game A also has a third person camera. Therfore Game A is a TPS. It may also be a fantasy, or an action adventure, but the underline fact of the matter is that it's still a God damned TP-fucking-S.
WestHybrid 360
WestHybrid 360
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 5th January 2013, 12:13 am

That list merely lists every game that incorporates the genre into its gameplay. Only for Dead Space is any of those games is "third person shooter" the primary genre/focus. Look at the wiki article for each game.

Dead Space: Survival horror, third-person shooter
Grand Theft Auto: Action-adventure, Open world, Crime
Saints Row: Action-adventure, open world
Resident Evil: Survival horror
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th January 2013, 12:17 am

Super Mega King wrote:

That list merely lists every game that incorporates the genre into its gameplay. Only for Dead Space is any of those games is "third person shooter" the primary genre/focus. Look at the wiki article for each game.

if that wasn't dodging the point...
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 5th January 2013, 12:18 am

mboddz751 wrote:
Super Mega King wrote:

I'm not. Please refer to my post a bit higher up on this page where I agreed with you and hybrid to an extent and tried to explain the difference in my mind between a "third person shooter" and an "action adventure" game.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  WestHybrid 360 5th January 2013, 12:19 am

I'm shooting from a third person perspective. Tell me I'm not playing a TPS.
WestHybrid 360
WestHybrid 360
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th January 2013, 12:20 am

Super Mega King wrote:
mboddz751 wrote:
Super Mega King wrote:

I'm not. Please refer to my post a bit higher up on this page where I agreed with you and hybrid to an extent and tried to explain the difference in my mind between a "third person shooter" and an "action adventure" game.

yeah i read that. That i can agree with.

Last edited by mboddz751 on 5th January 2013, 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 5th January 2013, 12:20 am

mboddz751 wrote:i never directly stated what the definition was...you said you know what it is. btw are you sure you're not throwing the tantrum :)
And because you didn't directly state "I am discussing topic X" means you weren't, then? You were even saying "not counting that game as a TPS is bullshit", so are you telling me the point you were trying to convey was NOT "IMO that game fits the definition of a TPS" and disagree with the statement?
mboddz751 wrote:btw that wasn't my last post you referenced...good job.
Well no shit, Sherlock. You edited your post AFTER I had already made my previous post. What'd you expect me to do? Go back in time to reply?

SMK put it pretty well. TPS as a genre is pretty damn well defined, and none of those games really fit that definition. Then there are broader genres, like action-adventure, where TPS is just a part of another, broader genre. That doesn't make the whole fucking game/genre into a TPS. That's like saying every game that requires any thinking at all is a strategy game.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  bman4782 5th January 2013, 12:21 am

Popcorn time.

bman4782
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th January 2013, 12:22 am

Made in Finland wrote:
mboddz751 wrote:i never directly stated what the definition was...you said you know what it is. btw are you sure you're not throwing the tantrum :)
And because you didn't directly state "I am discussing topic X" means you weren't, then? You were even saying "not counting that game as a TPS is bullshit", so are you telling me the point you were trying to convey was NOT "IMO that game fits the definition of a TPS" and disagree with the statement?
mboddz751 wrote:btw that wasn't my last post you referenced...good job.
Well no shit, Sherlock. You edited your post AFTER I had already made my previous post. What'd you expect me to do? Go back in time to reply?

SMK put it pretty well. TPS as a genre is pretty damn well defined, and none of those games really fit that definition. Then there are broader genres, like action-adventure, where TPS is just a part of another, broader genre. That doesn't make the whole fucking game/genre into a TPS. That's like saying every game that requires any thinking at all is a strategy game.

dude I'm not gonna sit here and defend myself against my own words, I know what I meant when i typed my posts...how about you refer to wests point. or can you not strawman that?
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 5th January 2013, 12:25 am

WestHybrid 360 wrote:I'm shooting from a third person perspective. Tell me I'm not playing a TPS.
I'm driving a car. Tell me I'm not playing a racing game.

mboddz751 wrote:dude I'm not gonna sit here and defend myself against my own words, I know what I meant when i typed my posts...how about you refer to wests point. or can you not strawman that?
Look, you didn't really say shit until I pointed out that (IMO) you're wrong. Only after that you started saying "but what i meant was... and i meant it all along!". So either you have a really hard time expressing yourself, or you're just making shit up as you go.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th January 2013, 12:28 am

Made in Finland wrote:
WestHybrid 360 wrote:I'm shooting from a third person perspective. Tell me I'm not playing a TPS.
I'm driving a car. Tell me I'm not playing a racing game.

mboddz751 wrote:dude I'm not gonna sit here and defend myself against my own words, I know what I meant when i typed my posts...how about you refer to wests point. or can you not strawman that?
Look, you didn't really say shit until I pointed out that (IMO) you're wrong. Only after that you started saying "but what i meant was... and i meant it all along!". So either you have a really hard time expressing yourself, or you're just making shit up as you go.

ok i clearly stated that I think gta, mass effect, and gears can all be credited as TPS's because of their perspectives. HOWEVER, a game can still have other genres...where did i flip flop from that?

and i will admit my response to deadape damaged my own arguement a bit. but i refuse to have you hoist me by it to dodge the point
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 5th January 2013, 12:33 am

mboddz751 wrote:ok i clearly stated that I think gta, mass effect, and gears can all be credited as TPS's because of their perspectives. HOWEVER, a game can still have other genres...where did i flip flop from that?
You never said that (the bit in bold). Not until I mentioned it, in which event you started insisting that's what you meant all along. And THEN you insisted you weren't even talking about what defines a TPS.

Disregard my previous post, it was really overcrediting you by saying you actually made something up. All you've done is said "but that's not what I meant, so you're wrong and I'm right" over and over again without any actual arguments.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 5th January 2013, 12:36 am

you had hard evidence posted in your face and you blantantly ignored it dude...and then tried to tell the kid that posted to cite the very source he just slammed you with. Now obviously I could have conveyed my opinion better, but you'r still only dodging point by turning this in to a debate about the portayal of my argument.

this is obviously working up more then one person so lets just agree to disagree huh?
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 5th January 2013, 12:39 am

mboddz751 wrote:you had hard evidence posted in your face
Someone else explaining his opinion after the argument had already begun, and you going "oh yeah... that makes sense... yeah, that's totally what I meant all along too!" is your idea of hard evidence?

But oh well, it is pretty pointless now.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next