Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Destiny: Bungie's New Universe

+5
Super Mega King
snowwolf1996
Jagdgeschwader
Desert Sleepy
FoundDa Kiwi
9 posters

Go down

Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty Destiny: Bungie's New Universe

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 17th February 2013, 4:37 pm

FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi
Zombie Killer Of The Year
Zombie Killer Of The Year

Back to top Go down

Destiny: Bungie's New Universe Empty Re: Destiny: Bungie's New Universe

Post  Desert Sleepy 17th February 2013, 6:37 pm

So, looks like it's going to be a first person shooter set in the future where humanity is fighting to survive against a mysterious, powerful foe. Humanity will go extinct if we don't win. And it's all going to be done in first person with guns in the future. Huh, this reminds me of something.

I am glad there's at least going to be something that isn't a sequel on the market, and the video did look nice. But I'm a bit underwhelmed. Maybe they'll somehow do something new with FPS's. Or better yet, maybe they'll actually write an engaging story and universe. That would certainly sweeten the deal. And maybe they'll cut the 360 exclusive shit too. Halo and Halo 2 were both on PC, but I'm pretty sure none since then are.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 17th February 2013, 8:44 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:So, looks like it's going to be a first person shooter set in the future where humanity is fighting to survive against a mysterious, powerful foe. Humanity will go extinct if we don't win. And it's all going to be done in first person with guns in the future. Huh, this reminds me of something.

I am glad there's at least going to be something that isn't a sequel on the market, and the video did look nice. But I'm a bit underwhelmed. Maybe they'll somehow do something new with FPS's. Or better yet, maybe they'll actually write an engaging story and universe. That would certainly sweeten the deal. And maybe they'll cut the 360 exclusive shit too. Halo and Halo 2 were both on PC, but I'm pretty sure none since then are.

If you're talking about Halo's universe, it's extremely in-depth and engaging. It's just not explained so much in the video game. It's mostly in 3rd party media, such as the books. A lot of franchises do this.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 17th February 2013, 10:06 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:So, looks like it's going to be a first person shooter set in the future where humanity is fighting to survive against a mysterious, powerful foe. Humanity will go extinct if we don't win. And it's all going to be done in first person with guns in the future. Huh, this reminds me of something.

If you're talking about Halo's universe, it's extremely in-depth and engaging. It's just not explained so much in the video game. It's mostly in 3rd party media, such as the books. A lot of franchises do this.
star wars as an example. ..we would never know the life of a clone trooper without the republic commando series
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 17th February 2013, 10:28 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:

Might be just me, but I've never really cared about reading into the Halo universe because the games themselves did not have an engaging story.

When I'm talking about a video game and its bland story, it doesn't really mean anything to me when people tell me that there are books that expand on it.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 17th February 2013, 10:43 pm

Super Mega King wrote:When I'm talking about a video game and its bland story, it doesn't really mean anything to me when people tell me that there are books that expand on it.
This. That's just poor execution and writing.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 18th February 2013, 3:24 am

Jagdgeschwader wrote:If you're talking about Halo's universe, it's extremely in-depth and engaging. It's just not explained so much in the video game. It's mostly in 3rd party media, such as the books. A lot of franchises do this.

I wasn't saying that Halo didn't have an engaging story and universe, I just don't expect most new games, and especially shooter games to have one. I was insanely into Halo (and the entire Halo universe) since the first game. I read Fall of Reach, First Strike, The Flood, the graphic novel/art book thing, Ghosts of Onyx and Contact Harvest (in that order), and I do love the Halo universe. This might have something to do with nostalgia, since I first played Halo a long time ago and have felt pretty attached to the story since. Loved the first one, (started reading the books during the wait for Halo 2), loved the second one, and while I felt a bit less enthusiastic about the third one (though still liked it a lot), I still enjoyed the story of it. As far as I was concerned, that was the end of the Halo story, and everyone lived happily ever after. I was satisfied.

Didn't feel quite so great about Reach. I liked a lot about it, but the story didn't have the benefit of nostalgia and had to stand on it's own merits. I wasn't really drawn in by the story or any of the characters. They all seemed a bit boring (and in Kat's case, horribly accented). I only felt bummed over a character's death when it was my own death at the end. As for Halo 4, I haven't gotten to play it yet (my brother's had the Xbox for several months now due to a long term back injury), and maybe it will impress me. Not really confident about that though. I felt a sense of completion at the end of Halo 3, and didn't feel enthusiastic about seeing it rebooted, as much as I love Halo.

So basically, I'm skeptical about this game's writing and universe because I'm not sure it'll be good enough on its own for me to care. I'm much older now, and there are no nostalgia glasses to fog my view here. That's a problem since I'm not really counting on Bungie to actually put significant effort into making an engaging and well written story. They've got brand recognition and they know it, so this game'll probably be a success regardless of whether the story's actually any good or not.

And it doesn't help the matter that it looks to be a first person shooter. How much can really be done with that formula?
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 19th February 2013, 1:47 am

I have a small lockbox labeled "Destiny" with $90 inside. It was originally meant for a skanky prostitute, but I guess I could just see how this thing turns out.
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 19th February 2013, 3:37 am

Made in Finland wrote:
Super Mega King wrote:When I'm talking about a video game and its bland story, it doesn't really mean anything to me when people tell me that there are books that expand on it.

And Halo has a bland story? I think most people that play it would disagree. If you don't like it, whatever then.

Halo offers a good enough story to keep you going through the story. It doesn't overwhelm you with material, but the books and other 3rd party media offer a nice "If you're even more interested, you might like this!" material. Also, a lot is touched upon in the terminals.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 19th February 2013, 11:42 am

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Made in Finland wrote:

And Halo has a bland story? I think most people that play it would disagree. If you don't like it, whatever then.

Halo offers a good enough story to keep you going through the story. It doesn't overwhelm you with material, but the books and other 3rd party media offer a nice "If you're even more interested, you might like this!" material. Also, a lot is touched upon in the terminals.

Mileage may vary I guess. Most people I talk to seem to agree the story's not that great, but that's fine, because (most) Halo games have good enough gameplay to carry them.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 19th February 2013, 2:13 pm

ApocalypseVVolf. wrote:I have a small lockbox labeled "Destiny" with $90 inside. It was originally meant for a skanky prostitute, but I guess I could just see how this thing turns out.

DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 19th February 2013, 6:44 pm

I will agree that bungie dropped the ball a little bit when it came to fully expanding their universe. However, that being said. IMO halo's story is quite damn interesting, especially since it ties into the whole ancient astronomer theory and is chock full of Crusader symbolism. Unfortunately many of the elements of halo's story that are real head turners, can only be fully explained by third party sources (I.E. books, comics, waypoint, and ect).

Supposedly, 343 is actually focusing primarily on story explanation and universe expanding with the next halo's. So we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that this is the case.
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 19th February 2013, 6:56 pm

Rumors are out that Destiny will be on xbox720 and ps4 also.

via slacker hero

http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy

view source
ctrl f ps4
http://puu.sh/25fuE
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content