Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Japan, pt. II Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Japan, pt. II Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Japan, pt. II Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Japan, pt. II Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Japan, pt. II Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Japan, pt. II Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Japan, pt. II Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Japan, pt. II Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Japan, pt. II Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Japan, pt. II Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Japan, pt. II Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Japan, pt. II Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Japan, pt. II

+7
ABigSoggy Wafle
DeadApe
Namorg
Masta Shef
BLACK SNOW 13
Meatshield718
Made in Finland
11 posters

Go down

Japan, pt. II Empty Japan, pt. II

Post  Made in Finland 14th March 2011, 11:07 am

Next time someone starts a flamewar, how about ban him instead of locking a thread which he is disturbing with his presence? Continue discussion about earthquakes and global warming, please.

Also the best global warming theory I've heard, is that too much warming will disturb the Gulf Stream (the water stream that grants anything in Europe from above Germany to not be perma-frozen) which would cause an ice age. That's how the previous ice ages occurred, and that's what is going to happen again eventually. It's already been almost 12'000 years since the last ice age, so statistically it's almost the time for a new one.

Black Snow is partially right in my opinion. Ice age is an reoccurring phenomenon. However, it is commonly accepted theory that humans create gases that speed up the process, which is known as the Global Warming theory. We can only slow it down or speed it up, but a new ice age is coming. Or at least that's what I believe.

Also, this:
http://pics.kuvaton.com/kuvei/japan_streetview.jpg

Last edited by Made in Finland on 14th March 2011, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Japan, pt. II Empty Re: Japan, pt. II

Post  Meatshield718 14th March 2011, 11:38 am

Made in Finland wrote:Next time someone starts a flamewar, how about ban him instead of locking a thread which he is disturbing with his presence? Continue discussion about earthquakes and global warming, please.

Also the best global warming theory I've heard, is that too much warming will disturb the Gulf Stream (the water stream that grants anything in Europe from above Germany to not be perma-frozen) which would cause an ice age. That's how the previous ice age occurred, and that's what is going to happen again eventually. It's already been almost 12'00 years since the last ice age, so statistically it's almost the time for a new one.

Black Snow is partially right in my opinion. Ice age is an reoccurring phenomenon. However, it is commonly accepted theory that humans create gases that speed up the process, which is known as the Global Warming theory. We can only slow it down or speed it up, but a new ice age is coming. Or at least that's what I believe.

Also, this:

This.

There has been a large increase of Carbon Dioxide as well as other greenhouse gases in the last few years. It is confirmed that these gases do cause a "green house" effect, which speeds up the process of global warming, thus melting our icecaps more quickly. This is bad because it can ruin water currents and raise water levels into many places where cities have been built. Glaciers will also screw up the salinity of the water, which is bad for the fish as well. Then comes the possibility of a second ice age...

Either way, whether you believe that we are the main cause of global warming or not, it's still happening right now. >.>
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 14th March 2011, 3:07 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
Just wow....
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 14th March 2011, 4:04 pm

The only thing I can think of to stop Global Warming is to drop a giant ice cube into the ocean...
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 14th March 2011, 4:10 pm

Masta Shef wrote:The only thing I can think of to stop Global Warming is to drop a giant ice cube into the ocean...

+1
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 14th March 2011, 4:14 pm

Nah brah we need to kill all the bunny rabbits. There definitely whats causing global warming, i can see it in their eyes
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 14th March 2011, 4:42 pm

Meatshield718 wrote:
Masta Shef wrote:The only thing I can think of to stop Global Warming is to drop a giant ice cube into the ocean...

+1
Futurama style, nice.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 14th March 2011, 8:14 pm

Technology can reverse the global warming and excess greenhouse gases (remember the greenhouse gas effect is essential to life on earth)

THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR!
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 14th March 2011, 9:45 pm

Equilibrium will be reached.... eventually.

Also, here is my opinion on Japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmotTE-VlY
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 14th March 2011, 10:07 pm

crazy.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 14th March 2011, 11:28 pm

"GOD SHOOK Japan to wake them up

you are going to hell

Pray so we can kill all the Atheists"

"ONCE he hits Europe and America by Easter Everyone will believe"

God damnit

this is the reason why i stopped going to church

and because i fell asleep alot

KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 15th March 2011, 1:27 am

Can't believe one sentence started most of this..

I don't even know where to start. I mentioned "global warming is obviously real", because it is. This isn't a disputed issue anymore; maybe at was a decade ago, but the evidence supporting the theory is overwhelming.

As for the "extra snow" point mentioned in the last topic: this is a direct result of global warming. Don't confuse weather with colder temperatures. Snow is a form of precipitation that is climate dependent (mainly based on time of year). Snow, like rain, hail, sleet, etc.. shifts based on warming patterns. What happens is the "extremes" tend to form: Either area move toward extreme weather and precipitation (including flooding or snow storm records), or desertification, where drought occurs in result to heat waves.

As for temperatures increasing: this is an undisputed fact. Since record keeping began in the 1800's, of the top 10 hottest years on record, nearly all of them happened within the last 10 years. One of the warmest on record was actually this past summer. This winter has also been setting record precipitation records.

As for global warming being cyclical: I agree; however, that being said, the "cycle" we are in now is very abnormal. Based on regular warming trends, the recent "spike" is strange, and it so "coincidentally" started around the industrial revolution. This is proof that humans are not only accelerating the warming trend, but distorting it beyond environmental stability. I mean hell, I've written a 20 page college paper on this a couple years ago.

I guess that's all from me, for now.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 15th March 2011, 2:50 pm

moar.

http://pics.kuvaton.com/bshit/222222.jpg
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 15th March 2011, 8:36 pm

Well, fuck.

Japan, pt. II Ton91
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 15th March 2011, 8:39 pm

This is all lulzy.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 16th March 2011, 1:57 pm

Slacker Hero wrote:Well, fuck.

Japan, pt. II Ton91
I'm sure you all know that's photoshopped, but concerning the radiation leaks from Fukushima reactors I think everyone should read this rather than the mainstream media reports:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/14/fukushiima_analysis/

Sure, it's a little too optimistic about the situation (which is still on-going), calling the accident a triumph and whatnot, but at least it's way more accurate than the hysterical mainstream media is about the situation...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 16th March 2011, 4:47 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
Slacker Hero wrote:Well, fuck.

Japan, pt. II Ton91
I'm sure you all know that's photoshopped, but concerning the radiation leaks from Fukushima reactors I think everyone should read this rather than the mainstream media reports:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/14/fukushiima_analysis/

Sure, it's a little too optimistic about the situation (which is still on-going), calling the accident a triumph and whatnot, but at least it's way more accurate than the hysterical mainstream media is about the situation...

Yes, I heard it was shooped a few hours later.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 17th March 2011, 12:18 am

In terms of serious radiation, we have nothing to worry too much about. Even if this becomes a Tranoble like accident, we should only get trace amounts despite all predicted wind conditions. Japan maybe screwed, however, if they don't cover the plants. I would cut losses here and make the best effort to encase the reactors in concrete and lead.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 17th March 2011, 11:09 am

From what I heard, in recent updates, there is a high probability at this point of a total system core meltdown. Water levels are near zero (or at zero for reactor 4) and the govt has turned to desperation of doing seawater drops by helicopter. We'll find out what will really happen in the next couple days, but from what it is looking like so far, it is moving toward a worse case scenario. Japan is never going to recover from this anytime soon.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 17th March 2011, 12:54 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:Japan is never going to recover from this anytime soon.
Lol.

Anyways, yeah, it has taken a turn for the worse. The water level went down critically, for some reason. I don't exactly know how the hell they managed to pull that off, since they already switched from purified water to seawater, and all nuclear plants are located on a shore...

Though as Waffle said, the radiation wouldn't be a problem outside of Japan even if the core melts down. Even in the Chernobyl (Tranoble?? Very Happy) case only a relatively small area around the city was evacuated, and the plant was sealed. As far as I know, no one died of the radiation on a long range, and there are people who still live in the area because they didn't want to evacuate, and none of them have died of long term radiation either. Some animals have had mutations, though. Only people who got serious doses of radiation were the ones sealing the plant. I mean they even dug a tunnel under the reactor and built a concrete container in case the floor of the reactor melts away, and handled the radiated debris with near to no protective wear (I think they had nothing more than lead plates over their chest, a pair of gloves and safety goggles...). I'm sure if the Japanese reactors melt down, they'll at least know a little more about protection than the Russians who took care of Chernobyl...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 17th March 2011, 3:07 pm

Yeah I know, contradiction.. but you get what I mean't.

Don't know if this is accurate but I also heard everyone in the plant currently is on a "suicide mission", meaning they are not going to survive in the end from radiation poisoning. Heard they already said "goodbye" to their families Sad

As for affecting elsewhere, yes, traces will be found around the world, but not in high amounts. Not enough for "concern" at least. Still though, it is Japan that is the focus. I still think (if things continue to get worse) it has the potential to become worse than the Chernobyl incident. And even though this plant is the one in focus right now, it is not the only one that is damaged..

And as far as the water levels go, even if the seawater is right there, pumping it into the reactor areas is proving near impossible now, since there is barely anything to power a pump. That's why the heli water drops were called in, but it still might not be enough.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 18th March 2011, 12:40 pm

I think the reactor in Fukushima is twice as small as the Chernobyl plant, so even if it melts down then there's not going to be much concern, even for the Japanese.

Also, helicopters need batteries and fuel too. Shocked Though the strangest thing here is, that everyone seems to be willing to help Japan financially, but the thing I do not understand is why the fuck could they not just give them something that would help keeping the nuclear plant cooling going on? Money is not much to be happy about when there's absolutely nothing to spend it on!

They'll need the money a couple weeks from now, but what they would have really needed a week ago is some equipment and engineers from neighboring countries...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 18th March 2011, 1:36 pm

Made in Finland wrote:Even in the Chernobyl (Tranoble?? Very Happy) case only a relatively small area around the city was evacuated, and the plant was sealed. As far as I know, no one died of the radiation on a long range, and there are people who still live in the area because they didn't want to evacuate, and none of them have died of long term radiation either. Some animals have had mutations, though. Only people who got serious doses of radiation were the ones sealing the plant.

It's true that not many people died from the actual incident but it has been blamed for cancer related deaths and a 20-30% infant morality rate increase twenty years after the incident. I mean, the data is inconclusive and all over the place this is because many people who lived in the area moved around all over Russia and the collapse of the USSR didn't help with record keeping. Even though it's inconclusive it's nothing to take lightly, at least I think. That's not to say the media isn't overloading with all the coverage either.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down