Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever

+3
Jagdgeschwader
eaustinn36
Made in Finland
7 posters

Go down

Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever

Post  Made in Finland 10th February 2012, 1:04 pm

Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty Re: Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever

Post  eaustinn36 10th February 2012, 3:17 pm

Dang... I love how the US makes up over 50% of them... Rolling Eyes

Looks like 1957-58 and 1962 were the worst years.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever Empty Re: Timelapse of every nuclear explosion ever

Post  Jagdgeschwader 10th February 2012, 8:01 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:Dang... I love how the US and Soviet Union make up over 80% of them... Rolling Eyes

Looks like 1957-58 and 1962 were the worst years.

Fix'd
Something called the Cold War, used to be a very serious threat.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eegleindia 10th February 2012, 8:06 pm

OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE POLITICS.
eegleindia
eegleindia
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 10th February 2012, 8:15 pm

Used to be a threat?
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 10th February 2012, 8:18 pm

Well, these days there aren't two countries that absolutely hate each other to the bone that are armed with nuclear arsenals large enough to destroy the world ten times.

"Used to be a very serious threat"

A loose nuke will kill a lot of people, but not an entire planet full of them.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 10th February 2012, 9:05 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Well, these days there aren't two countries that absolutely hate each other to the bone that are armed with nuclear arsenals large enough to destroy the world ten times.

Last I checked Pakistan and North Korea don't like us too much. Iran doesn't either, for that matter (yes, I know they aren't nuclear yet, but they will inevitably be).

As long as nukes exist, there will always be a cold war, throughout the world; the [never-ending] one going on now just isn't that obvious.

And honestly, I don't see how test-detonating 1000+ nukes helped deal with the threat at all; it was basically a "who has the bigger toy" competition, and of course, we "had to" out-do everyone else. The USSR realized the threat of a nuclear war also; I doubt that just because the US detonated more nukes for testing (far more), the USSR was any more deterring from launching one of their own on America.

@Courtyard - yup Rolling Eyes
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 10th February 2012, 10:36 pm

The US launched the most nukes eh? Not surprising.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 10th February 2012, 11:53 pm

We LOVE things that go boom apparently
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 11th February 2012, 1:33 am

eaustinn36 wrote:
Jagdgeschwader wrote:Well, these days there aren't two countries that absolutely hate each other to the bone that are armed with nuclear arsenals large enough to destroy the world ten times.

Last I checked Pakistan and North Korea don't like us too much. Iran doesn't either, for that matter (yes, I know they aren't nuclear yet, but they will inevitably be).

As long as nukes exist, there will always be a cold war, throughout the world; the [never-ending] one going on now just isn't that obvious.

And honestly, I don't see how test-detonating 1000+ nukes helped deal with the threat at all; it was basically a "who has the bigger toy" competition, and of course, we "had to" out-do everyone else. The USSR realized the threat of a nuclear war also; I doubt that just because the US detonated more nukes for testing (far more), the USSR was any more deterring from launching one of their own on America.

@Courtyard - yup Rolling Eyes

You don't really know your cold war history do you?

First off, the majority of these are underground, either for testing or getting rid of the weapon.

Pakistan and North Korea can not like us all they want. The fact of the matter is that absolutely nobody likes them either. If they ever wanted to start a nuclear war with the world, they would be wiped off the face of the planet like a bug off of a shoe. Unlike in the Cold War, when the Soviet Union and US were large enough to completely destroy each other and initiate MAD.

You also have to keep in mind that except for France and England having a small arsenal, that the European defense consisted of approximately 90% US ICBMs.

The Russian Federation has the largest stockpile of nuclear weapons in the world.
By far more, do you mean three hundred?
At their peak, the Soviets held 45,000 nuclear weapons in 1986.
Currently, as of 2010, they hold approx. 12,000.

Currently, according to the Federation of American scientists, both the US and Russian Federation have a total of 4000 ICBMs collectively ready for launch on a moment's notice, with about 7800 collectively held in reserve.

At our peak, the United States held around 32,000 nuclear weapons in 1966.
Currently, as of 2010, we hold approx 5,000

These are of course estimates, based on occasional leaks and using publicly available information to guess. Ostensibly, these numbers are closely held national secrets.

Showing off is very important, it shows what you're capable of. The Soviet Union detonated the largest bomb in history in 1961

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

The United States attempted to detonate a weapon on the moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119

But this project never went through, instead the actual landing on the moon was seen as more acceptable in the eyes of the public. But we did detonate a nuclear weapon in the atmosphere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish_Prime

Quaint? Isn't it?

Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th February 2012, 2:52 am

I only have 5 points to make...

1. Yes, I do know my cold war history. I'm NOT talking about the USSR and US one though...

2. Showing off is stupid. The USSR saw the Japan ones; how many bombs do you have to detonate to prove a point? Who cares if yours is "30% larger". Fact is that that even the oldest nukes are very destructive, and 1000 of them still out-do the biggest ones today. Just detonate one to show you have them, and then you made your point.

3. Of course they were underground, or over the ocean, otherwise cancer rates in the US would rise 700%+. However, underground =/= safe. The radiation is still there, and it does find ways out of the ground over a long time, leading to health issues.

4. You, nor anyone else, KNOWS how China or Russia will react if Iran or North Korea launches a nuclear strike. China is closer to the Koreans than the US is, and you don't know if any backroom deals are occurring.

5. You never really countered my point... just stated #'s. My question: Why do we even need these weapons, if we are never going to use them? This is why nukes worldwide need to be disarmed (and no, detonating is not disarming). Clearly they should never be used, and the US will never use theirs; so get rid of them.

And if the US refuses to get rid of them, then we better allow nations like Iran to have them; nothing angers me more when the US states "Oh.. we can have this, but you can't". It's hypocritical.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 11th February 2012, 3:12 am

It's true that we have greatly reduced our nuclear stockpiles since the Cold War era. However, it's also true that we STILL have the firepower to EASILY end all mankind.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th February 2012, 3:16 am

Super Mega King wrote:It's true that we have greatly reduced our nuclear stockpiles since the Cold War era. However, it's also true that we STILL have the firepower to EASILY end all mankind.

My thoughts exactly.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 11th February 2012, 8:45 am

eaustinn36 wrote:I only have 5 points to make...

1. Yes, I do know my cold war history. I'm NOT talking about the USSR and US one though...

2. Showing off is stupid. The USSR saw the Japan ones; how many bombs do you have to detonate to prove a point? Who cares if yours is "30% larger". Fact is that that even the oldest nukes are very destructive, and 1000 of them still out-do the biggest ones today. Just detonate one to show you have them, and then you made your point.

3. Of course they were underground, or over the ocean, otherwise cancer rates in the US would rise 700%+. However, underground =/= safe. The radiation is still there, and it does find ways out of the ground over a long time, leading to health issues.

4. You, nor anyone else, KNOWS how China or Russia will react if Iran or North Korea launches a nuclear strike. China is closer to the Koreans than the US is, and you don't know if any backroom deals are occurring.

5. You never really countered my point... just stated #'s. My question: Why do we even need these weapons, if we are never going to use them? This is why nukes worldwide need to be disarmed (and no, detonating is not disarming). Clearly they should never be used, and the US will never use theirs; so get rid of them.

And if the US refuses to get rid of them, then we better allow nations like Iran to have them; nothing angers me more when the US states "Oh.. we can have this, but you can't". It's hypocritical.

You get to be a hypocrite when you control world matters like we do. Not everything is a gentleman's duel man. I guess that's the problem with your side, you think everything has to be fair.

Are you saying that we're comparable to a madman like Ahmadinejad?

Why do we need these weapons? As much as I don't like nuclear weapons either, nobody will ever get rid of all of them. They're an insurance policy.

Also, if you didn't get the numbers. Both sides did pretty much detonate one for every 500-700 or so they had. Showing off shows your capabilities, as bad an answer as that is, is important in war. nuff said.

Because China and Russia are propagating with an insane government like the North Korean to destroy the world? OK Call of Duty. Newsflash, that means they blow up too. Who the hell except for some ass backwards jihadist or Kim Jong who's his face think it's a good idea to initiate MAD?

"HA HA! That will show those Capitalist dogs who the real bosses are! Yeah! This was a great idea North Korea, now we can control the world economy!"
"Kapitan! Lots of blips on the radar! They look like, missiles!"
"FUUUUUU-"

And this is what would happen if Erik was a Capitalist hating Russian/Chinese from the old Soviet Union/Mao Zedong days."
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th February 2012, 5:49 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
You get to be a hypocrite when you control world matters like we do. Not everything is a gentleman's duel man. I guess that's the problem with your side, you think everything has to be fair.

Why do we need these weapons? As much as I don't like nuclear weapons either, nobody will ever get rid of all of them. They're an insurance policy.

Also, if you didn't get the numbers. Both sides did pretty much detonate one for every 500-700 or so they had. Showing off shows your capabilities, as bad an answer as that is, is important in war. nuff said.

Because China and Russia are propagating with an insane government like the North Korean to destroy the world? OK Call of Duty. Newsflash, that means they blow up too. Who the hell except for some ass backwards jihadist or Kim Jong who's his face think it's a good idea to initiate MAD?

"HA HA! That will show those Capitalist dogs who the real bosses are! Yeah! This was a great idea North Korea, now we can control the world economy!"
"FUUUUUU-"

And this is what would happen if Erik was a Capitalist hating Russian/Chinese from the old Soviet Union/Mao Zedong days."

1. The USSR knew we had nukes; we didn't have to remind them 1000+ times over 40 years. Who cares if (hypothetically) we detonated 100 and they detonated 700+ like they did; nothing would've happened still.

2. Wait wait wait... "this is what would happen if Erik was a Capitalist hating Russian/Chinese from the old Soviet Union/Mao Zedong days".. So let me get this straight, I don't agree that we should "control world matters" and constantly blackmail (with nukes) any nation we don't like... so therefore, i'm a communist? Wow jag, you just fit the stereotype.

But wait.. the Constitution (that the GOP LOVES to reference) does not state we have the authority to police the world. So if i'm a "communist" in that I disagree with a world police mindset... then.... CAPITALISM IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Damn... I never knew that.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 11th February 2012, 6:08 pm

Regardless of the borderline ontopic/offtopic, I agree with Eric here...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th February 2012, 6:29 pm

Made in Finland wrote:Regardless of the borderline ontopic/offtopic

Yeah sorry about that; if you want me to split it just let me know.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 11th February 2012, 7:32 pm

Nah, it's fine. Didn't expect much of a discussion on the video, just wanted to share it...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 11th February 2012, 8:15 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:
Jagdgeschwader wrote:

"FUUUUUU-"

1. The USSR knew we had nukes; we didn't have to remind them 1000+ times over 40 years. Who cares if (hypothetically) we detonated 100 and they detonated 700+ like they did; nothing would've happened still.

2. Wait wait wait... "this is what would happen if Erik was a Capitalist hating Russian/Chinese from the old Soviet Union/Mao Zedong days".. So let me get this straight, I don't agree that we should "control world matters" and constantly blackmail (with nukes) any nation we don't like... so therefore, i'm a communist? Wow jag, you just fit the stereotype.

But wait.. the Constitution (that the GOP LOVES to reference) does not state we have the authority to police the world. So if i'm a "communist" in that I disagree with a world police mindset... then.... CAPITALISM IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Damn... I never knew that.

Woah, somebody is putting text in my posts!

Never called you a Communist, but if you were a Soviet from the old days, you wouldn't like Western philosophies now would you?

Also never said anything about the constitution, so I don't know where you got that from.
Also never said anything about being the world police.

I also wasn't the one talking about Russians and Chinese talking with North Koreans about blowing up the world Mr. Call of Duty. Razz

Oh, and I guess the Soviets didn't have to remind us either 700+ times, but you know, they're not America so they don't fall under your criticism your lordship.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 11th February 2012, 8:26 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Never called you a Communist, but if you were a Soviet from the old days, you wouldn't like Western philosophies now would you?

Yes I wouldn't like the west, but not enough to start a nuclear war over it (ending the world).

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Also never said anything about being the world police.
Jagdgeschwader wrote:You get to be a hypocrite when you control world matters like we do. Not everything is a gentleman's duel man. I guess that's the problem with your side, you think everything has to be fair.

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Oh, and I guess the Soviets didn't have to remind us either 700+ times, but you know, they're not America so they don't fall under your criticism your lordship.

Just because they do it doesn't mean we have to; we need to be the better nation, and not stoop to their low level.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 11th February 2012, 9:20 pm

I guess when you put that mentality to it, there isn't really a point in trying.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum