Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Metal Gear Solid Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Metal Gear Solid Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Metal Gear Solid Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Metal Gear Solid Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Metal Gear Solid Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Metal Gear Solid Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Metal Gear Solid Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Metal Gear Solid Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Metal Gear Solid Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Metal Gear Solid Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Metal Gear Solid Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Metal Gear Solid Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Metal Gear Solid

3 posters

Go down

Metal Gear Solid Empty Metal Gear Solid

Post  Ross Saxophone 31st August 2009, 8:31 pm

Well, in light of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid Rising (which will now also be available for the Boxnam so I expect you all to purchase it even if we have to play as fagman Raiden, I decided to crack open Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation 1 and thus spawned this review.

Story
The story in this is amazing and so well crafted with larger than life charactors that somehow all work. The setting is just perfect and the banter over Codec is so well scripted. Every little detail of the story in this game just screams hollywood film. Just as you think you have the storyline all figued out, theres another dramatic twist. Too good for words.
Score: 8/10

Gameplay
This is a stealth game, you can try the all guns blazing method, but ultimatly, you are forced to use stealth in order to progress. If you do not like tacticle espionage this game is definatly not for you. Thats it, bottom line, that is the gameplay. Yes, there are different weapons and such and what not, but ultimatly, you have no option to choose your playing style. (In Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, you do have an option to a certain extent to go loud or silent, as areas are not locked off if you try to access them with an Alert, this is why the score is lower).
Score: 5/10

Sound
The music is incredible, some issues with the voice acting, but that is purely due to age. David Hayter is amazing as Snake and the guns all sound like.. well.. guns!!
Score: 7/10

Graphics
THEY SUUUUUUCK!!!
Score: 1/10

Nah, joking aside, this game is fairly old so don't expect to see fine details, facial expressions, but really, they could at least make some circular objeects. Pixels galore! The graphics were never a huge part of the Metal Gear series, and this shows, I'm afraid to say it but, technology did exsist to make this game that bit more pretty.
WARNING: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, play this game after playing Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun of the Patriots because you're eyes will not tolerate that much uglyness.
Score: 4/10

Replay Value
Bottom line. You will play this game once and nowadays. With all the options of multiplayer on othergames, and collectables, the Metal Gear franchise has moved forward and has seemed to leave this game. Now only played regulaly by die hard fans and people who have no other game to play.
Score: 2/10

Conclusion
Okay, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Metal Gear Solid for the PS1. It's just overshadowed these days by its sucessors. Back in the day, you could oversea the faults that this game had, just because of it's incredible storyline.
Metal Gear Solid: 26%

I'm playing MGS:2 next, then MG:3, then MG: Ghost Babel and finally MG: Portable Ops, so I shall be spamming your screens with my reviews of each of them. So they are coming soon!
Ross Saxophone
Ross Saxophone
God damn Sunlight

http://www.google.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid

Post  BlitherCube 31st August 2009, 8:40 pm

Nice Review but that bad of a score even with the 8/10 on the story?
Anyways I shall rig up my old N64 and make some reviews for those games.
For example, one of the greatest games of all times, Zelda:Ocarina of time and some other great ones in my bag o' games.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  MAG7VUM BROW7V 31st August 2009, 11:27 pm

Very nice review, i agree 100%

By the way if anyone reading this thread wants to play MGS 1 with some fairly good graphics try Twin Snakes, which is the remake for gamecube. The graphics gameplay and voice acting is bumped up a couple of notches, thanks to the gamecube.
MAG7VUM BROW7V
MAG7VUM BROW7V
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down