Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Red Faction: Guerilla Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Red Faction: Guerilla

+2
ABigSoggy Wafle
BlitherCube
6 posters

Go down

Red Faction: Guerilla Empty Red Faction: Guerilla

Post  BlitherCube 9th September 2009, 12:22 am

*No Spoiler Alerts*
Story: Well I heard a lot of people say the campaign wasn't the greatest but I for one loved it. Earth recently colonized mars and the Earth Defense Force are pretty much communists that make the government suck. While people moved to Mars to have a new life and mine for ore, the EDF make them overwork and underpaid. Alec Mason, a man moving to mars to have a new life, finds out his brother is in a rebel group against the Red Faction. Well something happens (I'm not telling) and Alec Mason joins. The story is pretty epic in my opinion as you need to gain morale to keep Red Faction growing and fight the EDF on Mars in various missions and guerrilla activities (Nice word for terrorist attacks). Also I got really connected with the characters and felt as if I knew them.
9/10

Gameplay: The gameplay in this game is so smooth. I got used to the controls in 5 minutes and never have to think what I am pressing. The only slight problems I had was switching weapons as it took 2-3 seconds but I never used the quick switch back and forth and the cover system isn't the greatest. Everything is destructible so even when you are getting bored you will have fun blowing shit up. The vehicles are really easy to control and the terrain is perfect for them. The map is open world but not nearly big enough where it is a hassle getting place to place.
9/10

Sound: The sound in this game is amazing, not gonna lie. While doing certain missions where I had to travel, I stopped and listened to the background music for a little while. It was pretty epic and fit all the situations perfectly. During big battle scenes the music is still going and is intense but softens up so you barely notice but it makes the game that much better. Also gunshots/explosion sounds are spot on and creative.
8/10

Graphics: The graphics in this game are beautiful. The explosions look realistic, gunshots are nice and creative. While the buildings get demolished and fall, you can't help just watching in amazement. The only problem with graphics I had was when you get close to rocks they look like aluminum foil but look really nice from far away (Fallout 3 anyone?). The whole atmosphere is presented perfectly as "The Red Planet". The landscapes are gorgeous from far away and as you drive or walk the footprints/tire treads will stay spot on.
9/10

Replay Value: After I beat this campaign there were still plenty of things to do in single player. There are a bunch of side missions to complete such as, time trial races, blowing up important buildings, Raids on EDF bases, defending bases from EDF, Destruction Master (blowing up structures with certain weapons and limited ammo),and many others. There are also lots of things to find throughout the map like Ore Mines, Secret Power ups and EDF propaganda. You also unlock the impossible difficulty. I played through on normal and had a little trouble while I heard playing on hard was nearly impossible. I can't imagine what Impossible is like and probably won't play it for a while.
7/10

Multiplayer: The multiplayer in this game is by far the best 3rd person I have played online. There are a lot of game modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the flag, Siege (destroy certain buildings), and others to take you away from the typical "kill the opposing team". There is a leveling up system thats pretty good and you unlock new characters to play as, sledgehammers to use, and icons to show your level. The weapon system is kind of like Halo where you start with whatever the default weapons are and need to pick up weapons throughout the map. There are also about a dozen backpacks with unique abilities such as jetpack, blasting through walls, healing, running super fast and others that are even more awesome. The same destructible environment as single player is here so the map is never the same when you play it. (Also I think zombies would be amazing on this) Also there is wrecking crew to play when you have some friends over. This game mode does not feature xbox live but you take turns on the same console destroying as much as you can with different weapons or destroying certain things. Its pretty fun, nothing to be excited over, just a little extra.
9.5/10

Conclusion: I think that this game is the best game out this year so far, a great way to start the nice 360 gaming season. It has a pretty good story and amazing multiplayer. Defiantly worth 50-60 dollars in my opinion and usually I would never pay that much for a game (and I didn't =P)

Final Grade: 91/100

If you don't like this game, don't post here flaming it please.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Red Faction: Guerilla Empty Re: Red Faction: Guerilla

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 9th September 2009, 12:27 am

FLAME FLAME FLAME!! GRR!! Acctually this is a great review. I am defiently going to have to rent this at least...
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 9th September 2009, 2:29 pm

This game is worth it. I rented it and it was soooo cool. Im gonna buy it soon.
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 9th September 2009, 3:58 pm

wtf, Magicman says its a good game and everyone's like yea right you liar, but ohh Blither cube says it is so lets all go out and buy it right now. i hate you guys.

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 9th September 2009, 4:17 pm

Well you have to write a long wall of text as a review.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 9th September 2009, 5:07 pm

magicman313 wrote:wtf, Magicman says its a good game and everyone's like yea right you liar, but ohh Blither cube says it is so lets all go out and buy it right now. i hate you guys.
Don't worry magicman when told me it was cool i was like im gonna get it

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 4th October 2009, 5:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9It2R1AzKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYkzJ5b34uk&feature=related

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  killerbran man 8th October 2009, 9:36 pm

this is an amazing game i beat it in a couple of days but it was the funnest 3 days of my life the graphics are beast and the controls are really smooth the only problem i had with it was that i was in a lobby with friend and as we startedthe game it made me party leader then lagged so much that i couldn't play matchmaking but it makes up for it sence u can play private matches and still get exp i would rate this game a 9.5 out of 10
killerbran man
killerbran man
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down