Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Gears of War 2 Review Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Gears of War 2 Review Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Gears of War 2 Review Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Gears of War 2 Review Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Gears of War 2 Review Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Gears of War 2 Review Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Gears of War 2 Review Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Gears of War 2 Review Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Gears of War 2 Review Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Gears of War 2 Review Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Gears of War 2 Review Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Gears of War 2 Review Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Gears of War 2 Review

5 posters

Go down

Gears of War 2 Review Empty Gears of War 2 Review

Post  LegendaryFroggy 11th September 2009, 4:48 am

This is my second review.
I will be taking a new approach at this reviewing stuff.

Story
Continuing where the first title left off, the lightmass bomb crippled the Locust Horde. Though not completely extinct, They were severely hurt. Now, the locust Horde has regained its former glory, with a few more toys. Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago must now re battle the locust in this Sequel to Epic's epic video game Gears of War.
The story was well scripted. With reality and fantasy mixed in, it should give any player the thrill they look for in a game. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that has yet to play this game, but there is enough to keep any gamer satisfied. Although the cutscenes could use some work, its overall a very good story.
Score: 10/10

Graphics
The graphics in this game are top notch. The blood and gore earned this game its M rating. Although it may not look different from the last GoW, I assure you there is a significant difference. It looks like Epic worked their asses off to make this game better, and they did beyond better. When I load a session (Whether it be single or multiplayer) the graphics look horrible, but only a few seconds later it goes back to its former gory, bloody good looking self.

Sound
Not much has changed in the sound department for me. The sounds are still amazing, its just that it seems like they used the same audio from the last game. The dialogue is the same too(although it was good in the last game too).
Score: 9/10

Gameplay
Trust me when I say this, but this game will assure you at least 100+ hours of gameplay. Every time you play, you will feel the intenseness in battle, and it also added a few new gameplay mechanics. Your always faithful companion (no not some dog that dies later on) Dominic Santiago is also a valuable ally. The AI tends to jump over cover only to jump back over but that is a small draw back and i will not count it in my review. There is also Horde mode which puts you up against wave after wave of increasingly difficult enemies. There is also an offline mode for those who have silver or just don't have an xbox live account. You can also play coop with a buddy split screen or online.

Re-playability
You will surely be playing this game for awhile. There are a lot of possibilities in this game. You can go online and test out your skills, play Campaign and figure out WTF is happening in the GoW universe, play coop with a friend, or play offline and hone your skills. (But if you have a silver and aren't planning on getting gold or if you have an offline account then you can still play offline, just won't be able go online.)
Score: 9.75/10

Overall Score: 10/10
LegendaryFroggy
LegendaryFroggy

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 2 Review Empty Re: Gears of War 2 Review

Post  BlitherCube 11th September 2009, 3:35 pm

I agree with the rating on the story, GOW is one of my favorite video game story lines. I also agree the graphics are always above other games coming out at the same time. I never really listened to the sound in the game as I didn't give a shit back then. Gameplay is pretty good, I wouldn't say 10/10 but its high. I hate multiplayer on this game though.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 11th September 2009, 3:45 pm

You must really love Gears. Its an ok review, be careful when you give out 10's. Basically it means that the game has absolutely no room for improvement, and is perfect. When talking about gameplay you should go into greater detail. Talk about how the controls feel, if the cover system works, how the guns handle -- gameplay. Thanks for the review.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  LegendaryFroggy 11th September 2009, 4:58 pm

Yeah im still not that good of a reviewer.
LegendaryFroggy
LegendaryFroggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 11th September 2009, 5:03 pm

Why did you post it here? I would think it would be on the other website.
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  killerbran man 8th October 2009, 10:06 pm

i think the multplayer kink of sucks
killerbran man
killerbran man
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down