Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

To be honest borderlands looks average.

+7
Namorg
soulja66
El Mexi Can 915
Cry Vengeance
GumboNoodle
BlitherCube
DeadApe
11 posters

Go down

To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty To be honest borderlands looks average.

Post  DeadApe 8th October 2009, 3:03 pm

Let crackdown be crackdown and get your own graphic style. I dont think that the graphic style in the game is at all "unique" or "creative" it looks like a game with great potential got a horrible graphical reboot.

But DeadApe, its not about the graphics, its about the gameplay!

While graphics are shouldn't be the main focus of any game, if a game doesn't look good, its bound to negatively affect your experience. The gameplay looked pretty borderline (no pun intended.) It was cool when the player got her "second wind" and the variety of guns is interesting, but it seems like feeling like a god with no challenge might get boring after a while.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty Re: To be honest borderlands looks average.

Post  BlitherCube 8th October 2009, 3:25 pm

We all are entitled to opinions good sir.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

To be honest borderlands looks average. Empty Re: To be honest borderlands looks average.

Post  DeadApe 8th October 2009, 3:33 pm

Blithercube wrote:We all are entitled to opinions good sir.

Of course. Let the debate begin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcaeI7g4Zaw
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  GumboNoodle 8th October 2009, 5:42 pm

I'm not a huge fan of this game or gearbox. There Brother in Arms games were OKAY the AI was a little....stupid and I don't think they've ever had any experience with any rpg style games but who am I to JUDGE without playing it.
GumboNoodle
GumboNoodle
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 8th October 2009, 6:46 pm

Well I have not heard about boarderlands that much let alone knew about except for when I saw snippets of you guys talking about it.

So it must not be that great. Very Happy
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 8th October 2009, 6:48 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:Well I have not heard about boarderlands that much let alone knew about except for when I saw snippets of you guys talking about it.

Oh yea just like I never heard of Operation Flashpoint until I saw you guys talking about it. And umm lets ask czechmate, knoxville or whoever else has the game how good it is?
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 8th October 2009, 7:18 pm

Blithercube wrote:
Cry Vengeance wrote:Well I have not heard about boarderlands that much let alone knew about except for when I saw snippets of you guys talking about it.

Oh yea just like I never heard of Operation Flashpoint until I saw you guys talking about it. And umm lets ask czechmate, knoxville or whoever else has the game how good it is?

Its average at best.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 8th October 2009, 7:36 pm

Actually deadape I think you are wrong. I understand you don't like the graphics and neither do I but they're not bad, in fact they are very good. So plz don't say borderlands is a bad game because it has bad graphics cuz that statement is very wrong. The game is not bad and neither are it's graphics.
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  soulja66 8th October 2009, 9:36 pm

in my opinion I think that borderlands is going to be another left 4 dead or worse unreal tournament

soulja66
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 8th October 2009, 9:42 pm

um i don't really care about peoples opinions. For some reason with me i like the graphics and the whole idea of the game is great. Although graphics more like fallout 3 would be nice but then it would be the biggest remake in history i suppose....

I agree with blither i didn't hear about operation flashpoint until like 4 days ago

And for me i would say its a great game but your opinion is your opinion and i rather don't give 2 shits =]
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 9th October 2009, 12:10 am

soulja66 wrote:in my opinion I think that borderlands is going to be another left 4 dead or worse unreal tournament

Too bad neither of those games are RPGs.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 9th October 2009, 12:21 am

soulja66 wrote:in my opinion I think that borderlands is going to be another left 4 dead or worse unreal tournament

Where in the hell did you get those comparisons?
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  soulja66 9th October 2009, 12:33 am

ive seen videos of borderlands nd it looks like its going to be most likly to be like left for dead because it has so many guns and I dont think that the devolpers will actally make so many gud and actually differnt levels

soulja66
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 9th October 2009, 12:34 am

soulja66 wrote:ive seen videos of borderlands nd it looks like its going to be most likly to be like left for dead because it has so many guns and I dont think that the devolpers will actally make so many gud and actually differnt levels

Well Left 4 dead has what 7 guns? So I don't see how that is the same. Also Borderlands is open world so that solves not having a lot of levels. Plus Left 4 Dead is a zombie game while Borderlands is far from it.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 9th October 2009, 7:40 pm

Technically, Borderlands isn't stealing the cel shaded look from Crackdown. If anything it's a rip of Jet Set Radio, which was one of the first games to use Cel Shading.

In response to Mexican, graphics can most definitely affect gameplay and people's opinions of the game. I know people who hate Cel Shaping with a passion, they probably won't be picking this up.

Personally though, I like that style when used correctly. From what I'm getting from all the Borderlands trailers is that it's a frantic and twitchy Roleplaying shooter. It's definitely unique from other games. I will admit though I always think of Fallout 3 when I see gameplay but I'm pretty sure it's not anything like it.

I won't be getting it. Not now at least. It screams rental or used, imo. Just like Crackdown, glad I didn't buy it for full price because I'd be upset that I spend all that money on a game I'll only get one play through of.

Also, 100th Post.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 10th October 2009, 11:34 am

ok, lets just be cool. One man once said you can't judge a game until you have played it. Let us hold of this argument until we have solid evidence.

zombie dude
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 16th October 2009, 3:51 pm

Hm a slight persuasion. http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/103/1035752p1.html

But not really.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Savag3Ch3wbacca 16th October 2009, 4:02 pm

whats border land??
Savag3Ch3wbacca
Savag3Ch3wbacca
Odds are I'm better then you.

http://www.myspace.com/adamumumsomething

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 16th October 2009, 4:19 pm

Umm the zombies really don't affect me at all, in fact they might make the game a little worse imo. Its about being on another planet with aliens and shit idk where zombies come into play.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 16th October 2009, 4:24 pm

what eve its dlc and on a seperate part of the whole map so ya blither
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 16th October 2009, 4:26 pm

Ooh he said shut yo mouf.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  GumboNoodle 16th October 2009, 8:53 pm

MagicMan313 wrote:ok, lets just be cool. One man once said you can't judge a game until you have played it. Let us hold of this argument until we have solid evidence.

Corrections:
You cannot jude unless you bought if for full price. No renting or playing it at a friends house YOU GOTTA PAY THE FULL 60 bucks, and you have to buy all the dlc for it AND you have to get it the day it comes out so it's a fresh feeling of enjoyment AND you have to watch all the videos on it AND you if it was multiplayer you would have to be the best at it.
GumboNoodle
GumboNoodle
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 25th October 2009, 8:21 am

I played it yesterday. Splitscreen co-op with my friend. He was using the sniper guy and I was using Lillith. All I can say is that it is fun as hell. I chose Lillith because of the phase walking,, which I of course spent all my character points to so it would last longer and recharge faster. Our tactic was basically that my friend starts sniping people, gaining a lot of aggro, and I phase walk behind the enemies and pick them off from there. If I got in to trouble I could just phase walk out of there.

Though he wan't there to give me sniper support for me at all times. See, my friend always wanted to scavange the ares. And I was always in a hurry to go kill as many people as I can, so naturally he got all the best weapons. He did share the loot with me, but he kept all the best weapons to himself. I didn't mind at all, since I had pretty good guns. I had the shotgun that fires 2 rounds at once (from a boss battle) and an assault rifle that did over 60 damage with each bullet. And some sniper I hardly used, and a rocket launcher.

Since I was always killing people while he was scavanging the area and providing sniper support, I ranked up as fast as hell. We started with his character being level 20 and I had level 1. At the end of the night I had level 20 character and he had level 21.

We got out of Fyrestone, and did something like 5-10 quests on the next area, but then I decided it was time to go home (we had played for like 7 hours non-stop). Maybe we will continie some day. Oh, and I got a nice bunch of achievements. 20 out of 50 in one night. Though it should be 21, but the drive over 25 enemies achievement was glitched and I couldn't get it even though I drove over at least 50 enemies.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 25th October 2009, 7:56 pm

I got borderlands a couple day ago and in my opinion it is nowhere near average. I liked the fact that even if you and your friends are the same character you can still play together. There is no need to start another character you dont wanna play as to join your friends game. I found my self jumping in and out of different friends game earning XP, helping other do quest, or doing quest i hadn't done yet. I also liked that when you finish a quest with a gun reward, every single person who gets the gun is different. Even tho some skills you can unlock are boring suck as increased gun damage other skills make up for that like the skill that lets you heal your team members by shooting then, which is really helpful when your down and the person trying to heal you is getting shot plus it saves money because your teammates never have to buy health packs. And the class mods are really thought out for example one teammate can have a team higher XP earning mod, The other can have a team ammo regeneration, and other things like that which not only help yourself but others. Also each weapon type (shock , acid, fire, explosion) each have their own specialty of killing. Shock depletes shield faster, acid goes through armor and kills wildlife better, fire specialty is for body without shield, and explosion affects nearby enemies.
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down