Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers*

+10
Rob606
zombie dude
Zomando
Cry Vengeance
BlitherCube
M3LA
GenocidePsycho
KZ Powned
Spiderman
DeadApe
14 posters

Go down

Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers*

Post  DeadApe 13th November 2009, 12:43 am

So if you have played through the awsome campaign, or watched it on youtube you have seen the "controversial" scene at the airport where you play as undercover agent Sgt. Joseph Allen and are forced to brutally slaughter an entire airport of civilians and guards. The entire scene is pretty gruesome as you and your cohorts spray your machine guns into hundreds of people while keeping a very calm and cool demeanor. If you take the time to look around you will see bloodied civilians propped up against the walls, bleeding out, only to be finished off if you shoot them. You'll also see people dragging bodies of family and friends, trying to escape.

I had heard about the scene before I played (not in detail because I didnt want to read any spoilers, I heard there was a scene with terrorists killing civilians.) I thought that it was probally being blown out of proportion, and then I saw the disclaimer at the start of the game that lets you skip the mission entirely (who honestly did that?) I was definitely horrified while playing it, and it was a little nerving shooting the civilians but I did it. But should this scene have even been put in the game? Was this just Infinity Ward trying to get some publicity by putting some unneccesary gratuitous violence? While I dont know if the scene was that essential to the story, I think that it was definitely memorable (I dont know if this is good or bad,) and its another great shock to the story.

Alot of people, especially game reviewers (particularly IGN reviewers) are saying that this was a total abomination. What do you guys think?

Last edited by DeadApe on 13th November 2009, 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty Re: Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers*

Post  Spiderman 13th November 2009, 1:21 am

Cool story bro.
Sgt. Thomas Private Joseph Allen, a U.S. Army Ranger stationed in Afghanistan, who later goes undercover in Russia for the CIA under the alias, "Alexei Borodin"
I can copy/paste too!
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty Re: Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers*

Post  KZ Powned 13th November 2009, 2:27 am

i played through that scene with my friends and found it to be quite gruesome, personally i think it added to the Holy shit factor in the game, adding a sense that this is much bigger and real than just a regular cod story (adds depth)

actually when i was playing through the mission my friend was totally mortified, and completly freaked out about it, In total i shot my gun a couple of times but never really tried to hit anyone.
To lighten the mood in the room i playfully shot tvs in the terminal

Although the scene was really over the top, its just going to add to the list of reasons people want to ban videos games. But for all who are not retarded, it will add itself to the list of the most ballsy missions any game has ever put someone through.

And im happy its such an amazing game like MW2 and not hello kitty island adventure
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  GenocidePsycho 13th November 2009, 4:48 am

The Scene Was Amazing, But They Should Have Put It As A Cut Scene, Not A Mission, The Best Mission Is The Last Two, So Sad Crying or Very sad ...
GenocidePsycho
GenocidePsycho
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 13th November 2009, 8:22 am

I didnt think it was that shocking.Killing innocent civillians in airport.What about GTA IV?killing civillians with rpg's...why no body thinks that is shocking? Its just a game.
M3LA
M3LA
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 13th November 2009, 9:44 am

Right but GTA doesnt force you to kill civilians, or even mass kill. And the civies show no emotion besides running away.

Um, I didnt copy and paste anything, thought that was pretty clear, in fact you pointed out yourself I totally got the name wrong *fixed*
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 13th November 2009, 3:57 pm

IM KIDDING GUY CALM DOWN
But yeah the first time i played I didnt kill anyone because I thought your werent suppose to. The 2nd time i went nuts. I didnt have a problem because..you know...I have a dick
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 13th November 2009, 5:44 pm

I'm not a moralfag so killed everyone and laughed as they fell to my bullets. In fact the first thing I did was fire a grenade launcher into the first big group.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 13th November 2009, 5:55 pm

Their not real people.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomando 13th November 2009, 5:57 pm

I watched a video of it. I dunno why, but now I want the game a lot more.
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 13th November 2009, 6:04 pm

well i thought it was a video game so i didn't care about the fictional people. I even sought out the people on the ground crawling and put a bullet between there eyes as they cried for mercy, and you know what... I'd do it again.

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob606 13th November 2009, 7:09 pm

It's only a game, so i'm not going to say "Stop taking so much pleasure out of killing civillians you pshycotic dicks".

But I personally refrained from shooting any civilians. Not because i'm a 'moralfag', and not because i don't have a dick. Purely because I chose not to. I wouldn't do it in real life, and the character I was playing as is the avatar of myself, so I didn't do it in the game.

On regards to why IW put it in; they did it, it's there, the media had a field day about it. Nothing's going to change that now.

Rob606
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 13th November 2009, 7:23 pm

Even though i dont own the game yet, I have seen a walkthrough of the level. From what I've seen it is pretty horrible by most standards. However the fact alone that Infinity Ward posted a disclaimer and even an option to skip the whole level in general should keep anybody from bitching too much. If somebody does than its just pointless bickering. Razz
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 13th November 2009, 7:53 pm

It's a game.

When a new medium of entertainment comes around all the old people throw a shit fit. It's a powerful scene and it sets up most of the plot for the rest of the game. And if I'm not mistaken, you do pay the consequences for this later.

Unless you're mentally unstable, you realize that it's a fictional depiction of a violent scene and you understand that in real life it's not cool to do shit like that. If you can't handle the scene, skip it. Simple as that. Some stupid fucks (Politicians and assholes on Faux News) think that video games are training kids do in order to become killing machines.

Anyway, if you can't handle it then don't.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 14th November 2009, 3:20 am

If your referring to me, that wasn't my point in what I wrote. I was just drawing attention to the argument because alot of people were saying they should have taken it out.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 14th November 2009, 3:25 am

Its also a strong part of the story and theres no other cut scenes so why should this be?
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomando 14th November 2009, 10:29 am

I actually like these cinematic scenes better than cutscenes, I dunno. If they could've done that with Left 4 Dead SINGLE player, I would've like the game a lot more.
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

Post  MAG7VUM BROW7V 14th November 2009, 1:34 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:Their not real people.

THANK YOU.
MAG7VUM BROW7V
MAG7VUM BROW7V
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  aHungryBuffalo 16th November 2009, 12:59 am

personaly i think that is probaly one of the best and funnest missions in the game i mean in what other mission do you get to kill innocent people without the game complaining
aHungryBuffalo
aHungryBuffalo
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Controversial game scene MW2 *spoilers* Empty ..

Post  GenocidePsycho 16th November 2009, 1:25 pm

''Remember, No Russian...''
GenocidePsycho
GenocidePsycho
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum