Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Will this win me $100? Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Will this win me $100? Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Will this win me $100? Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Will this win me $100? Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Will this win me $100? Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Will this win me $100? Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Will this win me $100? Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Will this win me $100? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Will this win me $100? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Will this win me $100? Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Will this win me $100? Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Will this win me $100? Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Will this win me $100?

+3
Made in Finland
DeadApe
ABigSoggy Wafle
7 posters

Go down

Will this win me $100? Empty Will this win me $100?

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 2nd December 2009, 12:30 am

My school is having an essay competition of why life is good. The grand prize is $100 "cash money." The max number of words is 150 and no less than 100. Here is mine, tell me what you think or completely ignore it and write your own. If you do write here, I would appreciate some criticism but, it you don't have to.

To be able to breathe the salty crisp air as the white water crashes against the sand and dissipates delicately into the golden grits like a glass of fresh champagne.

To be able to witness the white sheets that covers all but a few green patches of pine. Blankets, which glow with a bright beam that tumbles down on to the softly beaten trail. The trail then evaporates into the horizon of snow capped mountains and “whited out” lakes set up in a near, “dollhouse” manner.

To be able feel the light scream of a hollowed guitar, whose tight copper woven strings are tapped onto the rose wood fret board as the nylon lightly picks the corresponding strings, which carries a beat; a beat that cascades like a delicate flower into the cool night sky up among the diamond shining stars in the vast sea of space.

To be able to forget the hardships, for the sweet isn’t as sweet until you have tasted the bitter chill of defeat and dismay.

This is why life is good to me.

Last edited by ABigSoggy Wafle on 2nd December 2009, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I seem to prefer sweaty more than sweety... ew)
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Will this win me $100? Empty Re: Will this win me $100?

Post  DeadApe 2nd December 2009, 12:42 am

Cant imagine anyone would write something better. If anything, there is alot of conceit, a bit too piled on for me, but still very good and Im sure they eat that stuff up. I only say that so I can say at least one bad thing. Hope you win!
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 2nd December 2009, 1:38 pm

You'll get disqualified because they will think you copied it from the internet.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 2nd December 2009, 2:33 pm

I coppied this and sent it in. Sorry but the money is mine i couldnt resist.
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Zomando 2nd December 2009, 5:18 pm

I think you could win.
Zomando
Zomando

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 2nd December 2009, 5:30 pm

wow that pretty good......really really good.
In my school there was also a competition like this but with a different topic and a 75 dollar prize. Andi honestly didnt give two shits and you all know i cant write for shit but somehow I won.....
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  x1 Thanatos 1x 2nd December 2009, 7:44 pm

Is that money taxed before you get it?
x1 Thanatos 1x
x1 Thanatos 1x
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 2nd December 2009, 7:50 pm

DeadApe wrote: Cant imagine anyone would write something better. If anything, there is alot of conceit, a bit too piled on for me, but still very good and Im sure they eat that stuff up. I only say that so I can say at least one bad thing. Hope you win!

Yea I kind of felt that way to. The run ons and fragments kind of pissed me off but, I think it is alright. Thanks for your and everyone elses input... Even knox's lol.

**Edit: No I don't think so Thanatos. The goverment isn't incharge of the compition but, I know they do that for the lottery. They take about 1/2 of your earnings, what a joke!
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  x1 Thanatos 1x 2nd December 2009, 7:58 pm

ABigSoggy Wafle wrote:
DeadApe wrote: Cant imagine anyone would write something better. If anything, there is alot of conceit, a bit too piled on for me, but still very good and Im sure they eat that stuff up. I only say that so I can say at least one bad thing. Hope you win!

Yea I kind of felt that way to. The run ons and fragments kind of pissed me off but, I think it is alright. Thanks for your and everyone elses input... Even knox's lol.

**Edit: No I don't think so Thanatos. The goverment isn't incharge of the compition but, I know they do that for the lottery. They take about 1/2 of your earnings, what a joke!

Indeed, it was more of a joke though. The day the Government gets in control of school competitions will truly be a wonder.

Not to get off topic or anything, but have you noticed education has gotten worse ever since they took control of schools, their funding, "curriculums?" I hate the Government.

Also, good luck in the competition! Smile
x1 Thanatos 1x
x1 Thanatos 1x
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 2nd December 2009, 8:06 pm

Thank you and soo true. We had actual pycs. cut from our school, now for consoling we get some cat lady who says everything is going to be ok. This isn't something we can just blow off either. Within the last year, I think we have had about 5 or 6 suicides. Pretty fucked upped. But, got for bid the drama club doesn't become a sport and get funded by the school, OH NO! The schools are now just looking for money to scrape together just to get past one semester. It is just detraining more and more.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum