Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise.

+11
Bladewind23
Garquin
zombie dude
Spiderman
mboddz751
Meatshield718
RedrumSalad
Masta Shef
M3LA
Made in Finland
Slacker Hero
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise.

Post  Slacker Hero 7th June 2010, 12:38 pm

(from computerandvideogames.com)

So as some of you might know, recently Value canceled Portal 2 event at e3 in order to reveal a "surprise" event.

Many speculated that the surprise was half life 2 episode 3 given the fact that it's nearly going the way of Doom Nukem Forever. Half Life 2 came out in 2004 and episode 2 came out in 2007 so it's been a while.

People got excited for this new surprise event until today when Gabe Newell made this statement.

According to fan site Halflife2.net, Valve boss Gabe Newell fired off a private message to say simply, "it isn't Ep 3".

The PM was supposedly followed by another calling the supposed 'teaser' image that appeared online last week, "fake". Unless this is yet another impostor scam then, that's that rumour put to bed.

Valve e-mailed press last week to announce the cancellation of its schedule Portal 2 event, to be replaced by "a surprise". The internet went wild.

It's since been reported that a '360 and PS3 journalist' has been told by Valve that the 'surprise' at E3 won't be of great interest to them.

Whatever Valve's showing off at E3, we'll be there in force - ready to let you know exactly what's going down. Stay tuned.

So yeah, thoughts on this? I'm not a huge half life fan. Not because I don't like the series, it's because I haven't played much of it but I realize that people have been waiting on episode 3 for a while. There's a chance that Episode 3 will be announced or something but I have a feeling it won't.

Link to article
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty Re: Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise.

Post  Made in Finland 7th June 2010, 12:42 pm

Isn't it obvious? They just said it's not Ep3 to confuse us and make us think it's not Half-Life related. But in fact, they're going to announce Half-Life 3 instead of a short episode.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Empty Re: Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise.

Post  M3LA 7th June 2010, 2:06 pm

Ohohohhoo Half-life 3 would be sweet!
M3LA
M3LA
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 7th June 2010, 4:57 pm

Im gonna shit bricks when it turns out to be L4D3.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 7th June 2010, 4:59 pm

Masta Shef wrote:Im gonna shit bricks when it turns out to be L4D3.
That wouldn't even be a fucking surprise, they've been milking that series to death all along...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 7th June 2010, 5:01 pm

or TF3, lol
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 7th June 2010, 5:02 pm

It would still be good to continue HL seeing as how its less mainstream. Half Life isnt the kind of game everyone plays so im sure the fans would appreciate it.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 7th June 2010, 5:20 pm

Masta Shef wrote:It would still be good to continue HL seeing as how its less mainstream. Half Life isnt the kind of game everyone plays so im sure the fans would appreciate it.

I mean it's not like it's the 6th best selling PC game of all time not including Steam online sales but... IT could be Half Life 3.

I don't want to see L4D 3 there unless they change the game format to something new.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 7th June 2010, 5:24 pm

What Meatshield said. It's only one of the best selling games ever, but it's not like anyone plays it...

Yeah. Right.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 7th June 2010, 5:30 pm

Its not exactly COD is my point. Although it had good sales, I can't imagine everybody who bought the game still plays it. So for the people who still do i'm sure they want Ep.3
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 7th June 2010, 5:34 pm

Well it's singelplayer only, no wonder no one plays it anymore. But there are literratly millions of fans out there who want to know what happens next. I'm fairly sure Half-Life has more support than Call of Duty, especially after the West and Zampella incident.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 7th June 2010, 5:42 pm

Thats what i mean hardly anyone plays it except for the Gmod fans and what not, so another installment would be nice.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 7th June 2010, 6:25 pm

you play half life?

@ M3LA - hell ya, I really wanna see Aperture Science play a major roll in the plot

pic related, its whats aboard the Borealis

Gabe says Episode 3 is not Value's e3 surprise. Portal-cake
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 7th June 2010, 7:02 pm

Masta Shef wrote:Thats what i mean hardly anyone plays it except for the Gmod fans.
How could you possibly know this?
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 7th June 2010, 9:50 pm

i think they are going to announce "half 4 dead strike fortress"

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 7th June 2010, 10:08 pm

Masta Shef wrote:Its not exactly COD is my point. Although it had good sales, I can't imagine everybody who bought the game still plays it. So for the people who still do i'm sure they want Ep.3

I don't think more people will be playing COD MW2 in 5 and a half years as people are playing Half Life 2 and mods for it right now. Honestly Half Life is as Main Stream a game as any for the PC, and many people still play it, as well as a noticeable amount of people looking forward to Half Life 3 than Call of Duty Black Ops (With the exception to IGN of course)
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 8th June 2010, 8:38 am

Damnit this makes me wanna play Half-life again but sold the damn orange box.

I really wanna find out how the story continues after *SP-POILER* what happened to Alyx's father...*Swiiiosh!!!!* "Ughioooh...."-NOOOOOO!!

oh and lol mboddz!
M3LA
M3LA

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 8th June 2010, 4:10 pm

Knoxville912 wrote:
Masta Shef wrote:Thats what i mean hardly anyone plays it except for the Gmod fans.
How could you possibly know this?

The Gman told me...

@Meatshield i know but, its a club. I mean really a lot of people i know dont know anything about computer games. Same with Battlefield 2, although it was a huge success I only actually know two people that played it besides myself(1 of them being Mboddz). Whats mainstream on the computer isnt mainstream everywhere. A lot of computer games dont get the credit they deserve because computer games arent as mainstream as say Xbox or PS3 anymore. Do you get what im saying now?
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 9th June 2010, 8:04 pm

I've got an

LOL UPDATE.

Portal 2's been delayed until 2011.

http://www.crushfragdestroy.com/2010/06/09/portal-2-delayed-to-2011-valve-makes-funny-to-defuse-angry-mob/

Now I'm pretty sure if Gabe doesn't deliver on Half Life Episode 3 or Half Life 3, people will take to the streets.

If he gets up on stage and his surprise is either L4D3, Hats for Counter Strike or a valve game made specifically for the console, people will kill him.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 10th June 2010, 12:34 am

Slacker Hero wrote:I've got an

LOL UPDATE.

Portal 2's been delayed until 2011.

http://www.crushfragdestroy.com/2010/06/09/portal-2-delayed-to-2011-valve-makes-funny-to-defuse-angry-mob/

Now I'm pretty sure if Gabe doesn't deliver on Half Life Episode 3 or Half Life 3, people will take to the streets.

If he gets up on stage and his surprise is either L4D3, Hats for Counter Strike or a valve game made specifically for the console, people will kill him.

That's very upsetting. However, that means this new undiscovered game going to be awesome.... right? Right guys? *sobs*
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 10th June 2010, 7:14 am

Half-life war game?

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 10th June 2010, 8:35 am

Gabe said that the surprise has nothing to do with half-life....its going to be about portal 2....

Gabe...

FUCK YOUU!!!
M3LA
M3LA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladewind23 10th June 2010, 2:19 pm

Gabe's surprise will be that he finally lost weight

And gave up on McDonald's for the fiftieth time.
Bladewind23
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 10th June 2010, 3:25 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
Masta Shef wrote:Im gonna shit bricks when it turns out to be L4D3.
That wouldn't even be a fucking surprise, they've been milking that series to death all along...

2 games that are still being supported to this day and the series is being milked?
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 10th June 2010, 6:48 pm

DeadApe wrote:2 games that are still being supported to this day and the series is being milked?
Two games in under two years and loads of DLC's. I'd call it milking, but I guess that's where the whole gaming industry is headed...

Nevertheless, it wouldn't be surprising if it's about L4D. Unless their plan is to make the surprise something so obvious everyone will be surprised because they thought they were gonna get an actual surprise.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum