Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV.

+16
Cazio117
BLACK SNOW 13
XUnxSt0pxabl3x
Masterofkills09
Spaztar Sorrena
G1i7ch King
Super Mega King
Made in Finland
Cry Vengeance
El Mexi Can 915
AaUndeadMarine
Kush Befor Dusk
Pwnisher James
MrKurt2012
DeadApe
Eaglendia
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty "Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV.

Post  Eaglendia 24th June 2010, 2:42 am

GTAIV - "Traitor!" (Ideally 9 people, but playable with 8. Would be doable in Free Mode with a full room, but the game is basically ruined because you can't keep the blips off. I guess you could play in BOGT, though, but the rules would have to be modified accordingly.)

I was thinking about that old game everyone's played at least once when they were younger. It was usually called "Werewolf", "Mafia", "Assassin", or something to that effect; as I reminisced, I wondered if anyone had ever tried to play a game like this on GTA. I wrote down a few basic rules and got some friends together to give it a shot; on the second try, we had something.

Rules:
No Class-A Vehicles (GT, Turismo, Coquette, Infernus, Sultan RS, Banshee. NRG 900 is allowed)
No Helicopters/Boats; all players must remain in the play area as long as they are alive, and go to the designated location when killed, unless the Moderator says otherwise.
No Explosives/RPGs/Throwing Weapons/Shotguns/Snipers (More on this later.)
Played in Team Deathmatch. Each player must be a different color.
- Standard Weapons/Parked Traffic/No Pedestrians/Morning Time/Variable Weather/Blips - None/Proximity Voice/Reticle Health Off
- All players are allowed to pick up one SMG and one Assault Rifle. Players may also pick up any available medkits and pistols.
- You may use any available vehicles, but don't be a dick (Driving for the entire game, griefing with the fire truck, etc etc.)
- The traitors are considered to be a team. All other players are considered to be a team. If you "teamkill", the Moderator will inform you, and you will be restricted to your pistol for the remainder of the game. If an entire team is wiped out, the opposing team wins.
- Have fun! Work with your team or the detective to figure out who the traitors are, make plans to get the jump on those stupid innocents, or even roleplay a little. All players are free to use their phones to call each other, or the Moderator should they need help.

--- CLASSES ---

- Is not actually involved in the game. Usually the lobby leader, the Moderator assigns classes to all players, decides the play area, and where the killed go; the Moderator usually remains there as well. (Choose a relatively small play area, as when people die the game will get smaller fast. Bohan works nicely.)
- Assigns Detective in the lobby; this assignment is known to all players. In a 9 person lobby the Detective goes to the Moderator's 'team'. Can also assign any special Civilian classes in the lobby should you choose to make your own variant of the game.
- Assigns 2-3 Traitors during the game in secret(via phone), before 7:00 in-game time when the game begins. i.e. "You are a traitor. Your teammates are X and Y. Work together to kill the innocents."
- Serves as the judge for teamkills; decides who is in or out in the event of an "unfair" death. Keeps track of who is alive and dead.

*DETECTIVE
- One time during the game, may call or otherwise contact the Moderator, and ask about one person, alive or dead; the Moderator then tells them what class that person is. The Detective is allowed to share this information with anyone.
- Is otherwise just a Civilian.

*TRAITOR
- The Traitor team's goal is to kill the civilians by any means necessary; teamwork, brute force, stealth, and deception are all options here. Traitors know the identity of all other players in the game, but they are still outnumbered, so a bit of subterfuge is a must if they are to win.
- Should work together, but also attempt to take advantage of the fact that Civilians can't tell you apart from another one of them.
- As a traitor, you may choose any one of these Traitor-only items, and pick up only one: body armor, shotgun, sniper rifle, or suicide bomb (grenades, but you may only use them to kill yourself)

*CIVILIAN
- No special abilities. Vulnerable, as you usually only know the identity of the detective. Build a team out of the other available, but remember: anyone who asks you to work with them could be leading you into a trap. You are a Civilian if you do not receive a phone call before 7:00 in-game time when the game starts.

Thoughts -
I haven't gotten the chance to actually participate, but the game seems to be running pretty well with the rules as they are. We're going to play some games Sunday night, and try to adapt the game for regular Deathmatch in order to add some more stuff. (More players, two Detectives, special classes, larger play area, etc.) Not sure what the ratio of traitors to innocents would be but It'd have to be worked out.

Last edited by Eaglendia on 26th June 2010, 3:44 am; edited 4 times in total
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

https://www.youtube.com/eaglendia

Back to top Go down

"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty Re: "Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV.

Post  DeadApe 24th June 2010, 3:49 am

Great write up. I've been trying to do a "the thing" style game since forever. There are a couple of problems that arise and still do even with this rule set. But we can try to work these things out and I think we will have a cool custom game.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

"Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV. Empty Re: "Traitor!" - Need help crystalizing an idea for a Werewolf-style game on GTAIV.

Post  MrKurt2012 24th June 2010, 5:15 am

You should get garrys mod and play this game mode called trouble in terrorist town its kinda like what you described. There is a detective picked randomly and there are traitors that can buy special equipment and such the lo nger they survive. The detective also gets special equipment like the ability to teleport, test dna and follow footsteps and other stuff like special equipment its alot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_W26rxv94

MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 24th June 2010, 12:37 pm

Im not gonna lie, but the game was actually a lot of fun. It built up a lot of suspense when trying to figure out if the guy behind you is a traitor or not.
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 24th June 2010, 2:36 pm

if you play again feel free to invite me if im on.
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 25th June 2010, 2:48 am

TRAITOR IS AWESOME! This game is seriously sick. The craziest stuff has happened in only 2 games. Its also great because it becomes a roleplay in itself. Also I am the best detective ever, and assassin.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 25th June 2010, 5:11 am

Rules updated, and added some thoughts on the game. Post your feedback or ideas if you wish. We're probably going to play some games Sunday night as well as test the game with 12 or more players and in areas other than Bohan; I'll schedule that a little later.
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

https://www.youtube.com/eaglendia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 25th June 2010, 12:48 pm

Last nights game was the best, especially that last mexican standoff between DeadApe and I.
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 25th June 2010, 5:53 pm

Add a mole?

The mole is also a traitor however he does not know who the other traitors are and the traitors do not know who he is. The mole needs to find out who the traitors and civilians are without blowing his own cover. The detective gets to identify one player as the mole. If he guesses right, all the traitors are revealed by the moderator.

Ex: Detective calls moderator and asks if Fattyboy is the mole. Moderator reveals that not only is Fattyboy the mole but the traitors are Magicman, Slacker, and Cry Vengeance.

Note: Maybe the mole cannot kill until he finds out who the other traitors are?

DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 25th June 2010, 11:01 pm

this really sounds fun, you cant have your retards in it because it requires you to think.. I WANNA TRIEEE >Sad
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 26th June 2010, 1:02 am

This games a lot of fun. Hopefully we play it on RDR

Edit: OMG Eaglendia was the moderator and he didn't pick traitors so instead he let us tear each other apart.
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 26th June 2010, 1:02 pm

Mexican and I made the best god damn team, we wiped out everyone.
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 26th June 2010, 9:19 pm

AaUndeadMarine wrote:this really sounds fun, you cant have your retards in it because it requires you to think.. I WANNA TRIEEE >Sad

Irony, it's whats for dinner.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 26th June 2010, 10:39 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:Irony, it's whats for dinner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL-IaFKsIw4
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 27th June 2010, 2:17 am

I've been playing this with Eagle ever since he created it; it's really, really fun. It's some of the most fun I've had on GTA in so long.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  G1i7ch King 27th June 2010, 4:16 am

if you guys ever keep doing this can u invite me?

G1i7ch King
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spaztar Sorrena 27th June 2010, 3:14 pm

So, is there any word yet on when Traitor is expected to start tonight?
Spaztar Sorrena
Spaztar Sorrena
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterofkills09 27th June 2010, 3:35 pm

Could you do it some time after 9:30pm EST?
Masterofkills09
Masterofkills09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 27th June 2010, 3:38 pm

invite me please when it starts.
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  XUnxSt0pxabl3x 27th June 2010, 4:50 pm

I'll try and be there invite me please.
XUnxSt0pxabl3x
XUnxSt0pxabl3x
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 27th June 2010, 5:04 pm

Hit me up with an invite when you gonna do this.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazio117 27th June 2010, 5:09 pm

If your doing this today i think theres a Zed match at 8 so you may want to host at 10 but ill be there Smile Just send an invite

Cazio117
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  XUnxSt0pxabl3x 27th June 2010, 10:36 pm

This is going on right now right?
XUnxSt0pxabl3x
XUnxSt0pxabl3x
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  JumpingSNIPA 27th June 2010, 10:58 pm

I'd really like to try this I've played this sort of game on garrys mod so the rules are pretty much the same except I'd still suck.
JumpingSNIPA
JumpingSNIPA
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 9th July 2010, 7:11 pm

I was in yeserdays game... THIS STUFF IS GOLD!!!! ...seriously though, this was the most exciting community game i've played in awhile. I personally think what makes it so good is the suspense; you never know who the traitors are (as I proved to Eagle yesterday.. noone suspected meh Smile ). Great game though, hope you host another soon. Very Happy
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum