Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world

+12
B Mane65
SilentBokChoi
eaustinn36
JumpingSNIPA
BLACK SNOW 13
Cazio117
zombie dude
Bladewind23
oO Coggy Oo
Dexta117
Kush Befor Dusk
ABigSoggy Wafle
16 posters

Go down

Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 23rd August 2010, 3:36 pm

The top 25 from Newsweek’s ranking of the “best” 100 countries:

1) Finland....lulwut?
2) Switzerland
3) Sweden
4) Australia
5) Luxembourg
6) Norway
7) Canada
8 ) Netherlands
9) Japan
10) Denmark
11) United States
12) Germany
13) New Zealand
14) United Kingdom
15) South Korea
16) France
17) Ireland
18) France
19) Belgium
20) Singapore
21) Spain
22) Israel
23) Italy
24) Slovenia
25) Czech Republic

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2010/08/19/newsweek-ranks-u-s-11th-best-country-bush-fault-obama-can-stem-slide#ixzz0xSJ39aLi

Also, http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/06/newsweekcom_zombies_attack.html
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty Re: Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 23rd August 2010, 3:54 pm

go canada!
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world Empty Re: Newsweek's top 25 countries in the world

Post  Dexta117 23rd August 2010, 4:23 pm

How the fuck is Australia 4? and New Zealand 13?
They must of got them around the wrong way Shocked
Dexta117
Dexta117
The Man of Tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  oO Coggy Oo 23rd August 2010, 4:58 pm

What UK's 14th well I can understand that

Last edited by oO Coggy Oo on 23rd August 2010, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladewind23 23rd August 2010, 4:59 pm

Go Switzerland!
Bladewind23
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 23rd August 2010, 5:01 pm

I didn't read the article, but how is this being rated. By Economically standards, technologically, best standard of living, or just over all better?

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  oO Coggy Oo 23rd August 2010, 5:05 pm

“If you were born today, which country would provide you the very best opportunity to live a healthy, safe, reasonably prosperous, and upwardly mobile life?”

oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazio117 23rd August 2010, 6:00 pm

How the hell is Germany better than the UK, We owned those mother f's in WW2 o.O

Ahh well atleast we beat France >.<

Cazio117
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 23rd August 2010, 6:23 pm

I'm now moving to Canada
(Depending on the next election though)
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  JumpingSNIPA 23rd August 2010, 6:58 pm

Why is Japan #9 they are ahead in technology to everyone
JumpingSNIPA
JumpingSNIPA
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 23rd August 2010, 7:42 pm

okay wtf. What are the standards of this rating system? No way in hell Germany is that low.... and to be fair: No way is the US that low. And after looking at the article, it seems pretty bias, or based on the guys personal opinion. And no offense to Fin, but Finland #1? Sry no way.

However, I can see how Switzerland is so high... thats what you get with excellent banks and avoiding all conflicts/wars for over 250 years...

@cazio - I resent that.

And France should def be a lot higher. And Australia that high? Not.

I can bet healthcare isn't one of the ratings (or maybe not education either), because if it was, so many of the upper ones would be knocked off the entire list.

[/rant]
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBokChoi 23rd August 2010, 8:01 pm

WOOOT Canada #7.why is US That Low?And Finland #1?Fuck that. Suspect
SilentBokChoi
SilentBokChoi
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  B Mane65 23rd August 2010, 8:34 pm

Finland should not be # 1, no offense, although it is a good country. They don't really deserve that title. I can understand why Sweden is # 3 or something because they are very rich and their employment system is fair. (Example: You get fired from a company, in Sweden Laws, the company still has to pay you while you look for another job)
B Mane65
B Mane65
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  mattfosho77 23rd August 2010, 8:43 pm

This is going to stir a lot of arguments, just be lucky you guys have a home , every country has its up and downs no country is perfect. I don't know how finland as #1 in education, i thought it would be one of the asian countries as they have school almost all year round and little vacation.

Last edited by mattfosho77 on 23rd August 2010, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
mattfosho77
mattfosho77

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000347829821

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 23rd August 2010, 8:45 pm

CiTRiCzReVeNg3 wrote:(Example: You get fired from a company, in Sweden Laws, the company still has to pay you while you look for another job)

You get that in Germany too. In fact, you used to get (until about 1999 or so, maybe later) an all expense paid vacation to a spa resort high up in the Alps while you recover from an "on-the-job" injury. And before anyone says anything, they did actually do that (I have relatives). Had to drop it though because money got tighter, and not to mention the global recession. Germany is also the "economic powerhouse" of Europe (and in the best fiscal situation of all major Euro nations), and is the worlds largest exporter of goods (by value). They even surpass China, Japan, etc.. also universal healthcare, high education, etc... Shouldn't be #1, but definately in the Top 5 (or 10 at least).

And don't get me wrong, Finland should be up there, maybe still in the Top 10, but def not #1.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 23rd August 2010, 9:52 pm

@blacksnow if you come to canada you are going to be forced to learn to ski or snowboard.

dont worry thats a good thing.
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 23rd August 2010, 10:51 pm

I'm pretty sure they don't just pull these numbers out of their asses guys.

And regardless, who cares if your country is 15 while another is 5. At least we aren't in a third world country.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazio117 24th August 2010, 7:07 am

Slacker Hero wrote:I'm pretty sure they don't just pull these numbers out of their asses guys.

And regardless, who cares if your country is 15 while another is 5. At least we aren't in a third world country.

That's true. Out of all honesty Germany does have a better system then the UK my previous statement was supposed to be "amusing" France should be higher as well, Finland should be lower and a few others. Also the UK also has a system like this, If your fired from a company or made redundant they have to give you a months pay (which should be enough to find a new job) And we also have one of the top health care systems in the world the NHS which is all government paid. Like in some countries you have to pay hospital fees like your hospital bed, Treatment, Extra medicines ect.. In the UK we don't have to pay for anything like that.

Cazio117
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 24th August 2010, 2:37 pm

Bottom three: Cameroon at #98, Nigeria at #99 and Burkina Faso at #100.

Where Newsweek placed the U.S. in some categories:

> #2, between Germany and France, in “Quality of Life Among Populous Nations.”

> Also #2, below Singapore and above South Korea, in “Economic Dynamism.”

In two categories featured in the magazine the U.S. didn’t make it into the ten countries listed: “Education” (Finland #1, South Korea #2, Canada #3 and even Estonia, at #7, beat the U.S.) and “Health” (Japan #1, Switzerland #2, Sweden #3, Spain #4, Italy #5).
[/newsweek]

They are basing it off of facts, not opinions. They add in standardize test scores, #'s of unemployment, over all economic condition, average life spans, everything! Though it could be bias one way or another, the changes wouldn't be that different. Personally, I think America's place is pretty much spot on. We aren't perfect, but we seem to be making the same mistakes over and over again. Finland deserves that top spot, but Germany (given pasted events) deserves a little more credit. I would consider them to be a fairly successful country and defiantly in better shape than the US. But, they are the "experts".
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 24th August 2010, 3:08 pm

oh well. It is "newsweek" after all.

What I don't understand though is what category did Germany rank so low in that it bumped them down to 12th? I honestly can't think of anything considering they were best in “Quality of Life Among Populous Nations.”.....

If anyone can think of a single realistic category that did this, please let me know.

Then again, "success in wars" is probably a category (which would be complete BS) Neutral

EDIT: And to further prove my point that this is inaccurate, does anyone else notice that France is #16 and #18? And no... this is not a typo, check the article.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 24th August 2010, 3:26 pm

Lul newsweek sucks at their article. Also, I guess Germany still has an enormous debt after the World Wars. Also, they also house some pretty fucked up groups. Not to say we don't, but, I believe Germany has a higher crime rate for it, not positive, but if I were to guess, that would be the best answer.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 27th August 2010, 10:10 am

Well I'm not surprised that Finland got a good score, but I didn't expect number 1 spot. As for USA being 11th I was surprised... I didn't expect it to even be on the list. No offence to any Americans, after all the citizens are only human. But the people who run the country are rotten as hell.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 27th August 2010, 10:14 am

Oh,fuck yeah bitches!!
M3LA
M3LA

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum