Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific

+10
johnny be dead
zombie dude
eaustinn36
cool141
AaUndeadMarine
G00EY LOUIE
Mander A1
Slacker Hero
El Mexi Can 915
DeadApe
14 posters

Go down

REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific

Post  DeadApe 11th September 2010, 1:00 pm

I know a lot of you don't care about reviews anyway but just thought you might be interested. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1117228p1.html

You already know its going to get above a 9 anyway.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty Re: REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific

Post  El Mexi Can 915 11th September 2010, 1:07 pm

I'm sure it's going to get a 10/10. (Not that I have a problem with that)
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific Empty Re: REACH review hits IGN @ 9:01pm Pacific

Post  Slacker Hero 11th September 2010, 1:45 pm

OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Mander A1 11th September 2010, 2:30 pm

I love reading IGN reviews and can't wait for this one. Surely taking everything Reach has into account this has got to be a near-perfect score. I mean no other game has come close to having such a robust offering. A beefy campaign, with complete coop, fully customizable firefight with matchmaking support, crazy-awesome online multiplayer, with tons of playlists, and the much-loved custom-games lobby, upgraded graphics, a phenomenal soundtrack, a well-developed theater mode, and the beloved forge! Like, how the hell are they fitting all that onto one disc?
Mander A1
Mander A1

http://www.paradoxforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  G00EY LOUIE 11th September 2010, 2:31 pm

I realy want it but I just dont have the money. DAM ECONOMY!
G00EY LOUIE
G00EY LOUIE
Thats right, limp away!

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/messagewall/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 11th September 2010, 3:14 pm

i would love to see a matchmaking with custom games.. someone has a custom game set up, i.e. whoever is leader. and it gets people like a slayer match..

of course doing that would have a lot of trolling.. like him and gravity hammer and they spawn in a 2x2 room
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  cool141 11th September 2010, 3:20 pm

i can't wait for this man it gonna be wicked!

cool141
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 12th September 2010, 1:19 am

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1117228p1.html

9.5 out of 10..

read it
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 12th September 2010, 1:35 am

Halo means so much to so many people. This is not extraordinary in the culture of videogames. What's exceptional is how many different things it means to those players. For me Halo has always been a social experience, with lifelong friendships forged over a shared love of the game. Some hop online to randomly test their merit in competitive matches. Others find themselves lost in the fiction, playing through the campaign alone and then poring over the extended story in books and anime. Still others look to Halo for a creative outlet as level forgers or machinima producers. This range in how we play Halo is a testament to how feature-rich development studio Bungie has made the franchise, and Halo: Reach is the ultimate punctuation on a decade's work.

This is the end of the Halo road for Bungie -- the group is set to move on to a new original game next while Microsoft takes over responsibility for the franchise's future -- and that sense of this being a finale is in Halo: Reach. It shows clear reference to past games, refines well-established game mechanics, adds a few exciting twists, and polishes the rest to a glossy finish. The result is one of the most complete, fully-featured packages you'll find in gaming.

Little here will surprise the hardcore Halo fan, especially if they were among the millions that took part in the multiplayer beta earlier this year. The approach to making a first-person shooter remains the same as it has in the past for Halo. There's a co-op friendly campaign filled with the dreaded Covenant aliens, sparkling online competitive multiplayer, the four-player Firefight mode, and lots of flexibility to allow everyone to tweak settings to their liking. If you've played a Halo game in the past, you'll feel instantly at home.

That's not to say this is just another rehash. There's plenty of new and exciting content in Halo: Reach and it begins with the main character. Master Chief is out. This time you'll step into the shoes of Noble 6, a nameless hero for players to project themselves onto. Noble 6 doesn't even have a defined gender. Thanks to a deep new customization system, you're free to fit Noble 6's look to your personality.
Noble 6's tale begins with an introduction to Planet Reach. This colony is the center of humanity's military might, and home to the Spartan program that produced Master Chief himself. The events of Halo: Reach take place as a prequel to the main Halo trilogy and -- though they take small liberties with the established fiction -- help to tell the story of the events that lead up to events of Halos 1 through 3. The war with the Covenant is already raging, and things don't look good for us humans.

Noble 6 is the rookie member of Noble Team, a squad of Spartans stationed on Reach. You'll get to know each of the other team members through the course of Halo: Reach as you work with them to complete various missions, but the action always follows Noble 6's adventure.

The whole shebang will last you about nine or ten hours on your first play through on the Heroic difficulty (less if you're real good and more if you aren't). During that time you'll find a lot of tried and true mainstays of the Halo formula. That means plenty of big battlefields, crazy vehicles, lots of aliens to fight, and tons of weapons to help make the Covenant pay. Though past Halo games were filled with repetitive landscapes and circuitous, difficult to follow plots, Halo: Reach does not suffer from these problems.
This is the most straightforward and enjoyable tale of destruction the franchise has yet to produce. And don't worry if you haven't played the other Halo games yet – though Reach will feel a lot deeper and more compelling to longtime Halo fans, it can stand on its own as a self-contained story. The tale starts out simple enough, but it quickly escalates to stunning set pieces before pulling out all the stops. The last third of the game is just one big thrill ride, and the revelations that occur during that part of the game are sure to make any Halo buff go ballistic. The ending in particular left a huge impression on me. I don't want to spoil anything, but just know that the space combat Bungie used to tease Halo: Reach is only the beginning.

Now, though the Halo formula is intact and there are plenty of wink-and-a-nod references to past games, Reach is a big step forward. Little successful elements of old Halo games are sprinkled here or there while a newfound sensibility in level design and pacing is wrapped around the core. The action is always moving through one combat scenario to the next, with plenty of gameplay and scenario twists to keep things fresh.

The best new addition? Armor abilities. These are an evolution of the equipment found in Halo 3 and drastically change the way you play in their updated form. These temporary but reusable extra abilities add things like sprinting, jet packs, and invincible armor to the franchise for the first time. The result is a faster, more acrobatic game that affords the player more flexibility in how they'd like to approach each fight. Also, jet packs are awesome. How did we go without them this long?

These new features and refined, classic design work in concert well enough that Halo: Reach often meets that gaming ideal of pure immersion -- the core components that can remind you that you're playing a game are a nonentity while you focus on the action at hand. While playing I found myself slipping into that state quite often, only occasionally ripped out by nasty difficulty spikes. Halo: Reach is a tough game on the harder settings -- easily the most difficult in the franchise -- and it only gets more challenging as you add co-op players thanks to a scaling difficulty.

That sense of immersion is helped along quite a bit by the amazing audio work and the new graphics engine built for Halo: Reach. Marty O'Donnell, the lead sound guy at Bungie, has once again delivered an epic soundtrack that is so good that it elevates the entire game. That's no small feat.

While that music pummels your ear drums, your eyes get to feast on one gorgeous looking game. The alien vistas and color palette are striking, and the sense of scale is oftentimes off the charts. You're fighting amidst a war that rages across an entire planet, and Bungie doesn't let you forget it. Even so, there are times when the epic battles don't quite feel so incredible thanks to a lack of detail or the occasional framerate stutter while the engine can't keep up with what's happening.

It's difficult to separate out the core components of Halo: Reach because they all sort of blend together into one massive experience. The campaign can be played alone or with up to four-players on a split-screen or online. Likewise, you can play the Firefight mode, a single map test of skill and endurance against waves of Covenant enemies, with a few friends cooperatively. All of those great additions that made it into the campaign? Well they're here too. This mode was introduced in Halo 3: ODST, but has finally met its promise thanks to online matchmaking and a more robust set of options. One of which is a competitive versus mode where you can compete for points while one or more players take up the side of the Covenant.
Or you can just go all out in a fight against other players by joining the competitive online multiplayer game. Like Firefight, the core concept remains the same as past Halo games while new features, weapons and modes have been added. Armor abilities and tweaked physics make the game that millions have poured hours and hours into feel fresh once again. It doesn't hurt that the new modes like Headhunter and Invasion are a ton of fun. The format is warmly familiar, but it all feels so new after digging into the competitive game and learning new tricks and skills.

Wrapped around all of this is an addition that Bungie calls player investment. Everything you do -- be it play the campaign or complete an online match -- earns you credits. Rack up enough and you can unlock customization features to make your Noble 6 look elite, and that look carries through all modes in the game -- even cut scenes. Don't be surprised if you find a goofy, pink-and-blue Noble 6 invading your game like IGN editor-in-chief Hilary Goldstein did. If you make your character look dumb, it's your own fault.

Likewise, Xbox Live members can take part in daily or weekly challenges created by Bungie with an eye towards compelling players to come back again and again to prove their skills. This, for me, is the kicker. I don't think I'm going to be able to stop logging on every few days for a new challenge, followed by a little message to a friend taunting them about how I did it faster.

The one aspect of Halo: Reach I found lacking was in the multiplayer map selection. There are 13 total for competitive games, but four of those are either direct copies or retreads of maps from past Halo games. Everything plays quite differently with all of the gameplay tweaks, but I can already see myself looking forward to the first map pack. It's tough to complain about a lack of content in such a feature rich game, but I was left hoping for more.
That issue is mitigated to some extent by the incredible amount of flexibility built into Halo: Reach. The Forge, where players can lightly edit the competitive maps, is back and now much more user friendly. Most won't take advantage of that tool, but they will benefit from the new map and game variants that the hardcore create and share with the community.

It's also incredibly simple to just hop in and edit the rules of the game, both for Firefight and in normal multiplayer games. You can tweak everything from which enemies you face in Firefight to how much damage weapons do, and a whole lot more. Think of a crazy game variant -- even one that doesn't have anything to do with shooting -- and you can probably make it and share it with your friends in Halo: Reach. The whole system is incredibly powerful and equally impressive. The only downer is that there is no way to search for a custom game. If a game type isn't in the predetermined matchmaking hoppers and you don't have friends online, you're out of luck.

All told, the multiplayer suite is one of the best ever. The Halo multiplayer game has been expanding since the early days of the original Xbox, and now it's hit a point where the amount of , flexibility, number of modes, and potential for fun is just out of this world. Very few other games can compete with this level of polish, presentation, and attention to detail. And just when you think you've seen it all, don't forget to hop on to bungie.net to find extra stats, shared in-game screenshots and movies, and a vibrant community ready to help you extend the life of your game for months and months.
Closing Comments
Halo: Reach is a fantastic package, with several core components that on their own can outclass many other games. The campaign is excellent, backed by solid storytelling and a powerful audio-visual experience. The competitive multiplayer is familiar, yet brand new with a lot more options and a faster pacing. And the cooperative Firefight arcade mode has finally met its potential. Whether you like playing with friends like me or you're more of a lone wolf, Halo: Reach has evolved to the point where it'll make everyone happy. It's a fitting end to Bungie's involvement with the franchise, one that both references the past and injects new life into a tried and true formula. Newcomers and Halo fans alike will find plenty to love in Halo: Reach. Even if you've grown tired of the Halo formula through the years, I'd still recommend this game to you. It's just that good.
IGN Ratings for Halo: Reach (X360)
Rating Description
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
10 Presentation
A package that all other developers can look to as the definition of complete.
9.5 Graphics
A few stutters here or there can't stop this from being an incredible looking game.
10 Sound
Once again, a masterful soundtrack.
9.5 Gameplay
Familiar, and yet brand new. These are some of the best first-person shooting mechanics around.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
Little things like more maps or a better way to hop into custom games could extend the long life even further. Even so, there's a ton of content here.
OVERALL

Incredible
(out of 10)

AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 12th September 2010, 2:34 am

Wow for a second marine I thought you went all out in a halo review.... copy n' paste.... Neutral
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 12th September 2010, 2:37 am

lol should of gotten a 10/10

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 12th September 2010, 2:49 am

MagicMan313 wrote:lol should of gotten a 10/10

I've seen at least 5 perfect scores from various reviewers. In fact one is IGN UK.

@HaloWaypoint on Twitter is posting links to all the reviews.
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 12th September 2010, 3:16 am

lol now thats what im talking about

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny be dead 12th September 2010, 3:22 am

gosh, i love Halo Combat Evolved... opps i mean Halo 2..... opps i mean Halo 3..... opps i mean Halo ODST... opps i mean Halo Reach. They're all so similar i get them confused with each other sometimes.

johnny be dead
Im an Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 12th September 2010, 11:45 am

eaustinn36 wrote:Wow for a second marine I thought you went all out in a halo review.... copy n' paste.... Neutral

yes because i have halo reach and have played it erik. :/

no there were pictures and 3 pages so it was more like, copy, tab, paste,copy, tab, paste,copy, tab, paste,copy, tab, paste,copy, tab, paste,
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 12th September 2010, 12:34 pm

johnny be dead wrote:gosh, i love Halo Combat Evolved... opps i mean Halo 2..... opps i mean Halo 3..... opps i mean Halo ODST... opps i mean Halo Reach. They're all so similar i get them confused with each other sometimes.

I think the word you're looking for is whoops.
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 12th September 2010, 2:30 pm

MagicMan313 wrote:lol now thats what im talking about

Hey, how about you and Slacker look at the video review and "Do yourself a favor, and go pick this one up."

Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 12th September 2010, 5:17 pm

lol even though master chief isn't it this around, calling this a Halo game is no Reach.

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny be dead 12th September 2010, 5:18 pm

El Mexi Can 915 wrote:
johnny be dead wrote:gosh, i love Halo Combat Evolved... opps i mean Halo 2..... opps i mean Halo 3..... opps i mean Halo ODST... opps i mean Halo Reach. They're all so similar i get them confused with each other sometimes.

no, i think the word i was looking for was oops. That's why i said it.

johnny be dead
Im an Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 12th September 2010, 5:49 pm

johnny be dead wrote:
El Mexi Can 915 wrote:

no, i think the word i was looking for was oops. That's why i said it.
You said "opps" four times and not a single "oops".
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny be dead 12th September 2010, 6:02 pm

whats your point.

johnny be dead
Im an Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 12th September 2010, 6:03 pm

I thought the point was pretty obvious: You said "opps" instead of "oops".
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  johnny be dead 12th September 2010, 6:08 pm

oh, my mistake sir. I was unaware these forums were patrolled by a pizza faced, finnish troll. I made a small mistake, so why don't you hop off my nuts.

johnny be dead
Im an Idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Stapp 12th September 2010, 6:14 pm

BLACK SNOW 13 wrote:I'm putting you on the foe list cause your music is shit.

I am only trying to spread peace and happiness to everyone here and you have to go and insult me, good job the grinch who stole christmas.
Scott Stapp
Scott Stapp
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 12th September 2010, 7:24 pm

johnny be dead wrote:oh, my mistake sir. I was unaware these forums were patrolled by a pizza faced, finnish troll. I made a small mistake, so why don't you hop off my nuts.
Alright Magicman Calm down

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum