Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
 MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

MOH SHOULD I BUY IT?

+13
eaustinn36
MrKurt2012
AaUndeadMarine
Meatshield718
BOBBY BOCCE
Garquin
BLACK SNOW 13
KZ Powned
ABigSoggy Wafle
RedrumSalad
Slacker Hero
Masterofkills09
the unknown
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MOH SHOULD I BUY IT? - Page 2 Empty Re: MOH SHOULD I BUY IT?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 17th October 2010, 11:57 pm

Okay look I'm putting everything to the side now. I just seen the ending and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Maybe you guys are not getting some sort of connection but that was a very emotional thing I seen. It really hits home when honoring are troops.
I think you guys can't relate to this game like I did.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 18th October 2010, 12:03 am

I related to the honoring of the troops and how much they go through and it was emotionally sad, it does not have anything to do with the game being good or bad though. I have family members that served in the army it has nothing to do with liking the game. I may not like the gameplay but I like what the game stands for.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 18th October 2010, 12:06 am

BLACK SNOW 13 wrote:Okay look I'm putting everything to the side now. I just seen the ending and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Maybe you guys are not getting some sort of connection but that was a very emotional thing I seen. It really hits home when honoring are troops.
I think you guys can't relate to this game like I did.

If you want to see something that honers special forces, read one of the many great books on it. Try Flags of our Fathers, Horse Soldiers, Fly Boys, Blackhawk down, and Band of Brothers. Horse Soldiers is one of my favorite modern military books.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 18th October 2010, 12:15 am

I've read those but being a military kid all my life just makes this even more special in my opinion. Not saying you don't honor are troops it just I connect with this so much more.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 18th October 2010, 12:47 am

Alright then as a final opinion

you should buy this game if you are not looking for the best shooter out there, but a shooter that gives a more down to earth look at what the men and women of the Army are enduring in Afghanistan. This game will hit home to people who are more passionate about the idea of the modern war being this horrible war zone that just never seems to end.

although the game takes a lot of themes and mechanics from other games (you know), ultimately this game is about the real war happening now and not some fictional occurrence flying around the world, fighting a fictional enemy on a fictional battlefield no one can connect with

If you really like this game then you are more invested in the story behind it than how it stacks up to the leading competitors

personally i was not a fan of the game, with the issues (you know) and the mission design that was a little broken in places and had me wondering why i was limited comapred to other shooters in terms of freedom.
I still had fun with the story mode and felt the sense that, " Fuck, i hate the Taliban, god damn,and in this is never ending war zone that the armed forces are enduring everyday", i understood the core idea the game was built upon but sadly the mechanics to help me experience it were just lacking and will probably be the main reason why so many people will disconnect with the game.

in closing

this game is for the guys who saw he trailer and wanted to have a true authentic war simulator that was for a war that we could connect with personally. Although the disconnect between the idea for the game and the mechanics will have alot of people wondering why (the other game) got a facelift and started going to the gym (not better just slightly different)

if you are a person who holds his unique-ness of a game to its idea, mechanics and graphics as a whole package for something worth 60 dollars then MOH is not the game for you

If you are a person who puchases the game for the idea and value behind it and dont really care if they borrowed the steering wheel from another car to show you it then go get it

just one more thing

Blockbuster hasnt closed all of its stores down yet
Please go and rent this one, or borrow it from a friend first and try it out, if it clicks then by all means go get it, but if your feeling like you have played this before then maybe you might want to go try (the other game) out because it is much more polished as an all around game and will leave you feeling satisfied that your money has not been lost

i hope this will help you Iz EpIc ScOpEZz in your buying decision

and i hope that we can stop the arguing and move on, everyone has their opinion and im pretty sure we have herd them all now
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladewind23 18th October 2010, 1:00 am

To answer the main question about the game.

NO

For all of the above reasons.
Bladewind23
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 18th October 2010, 2:31 am

K I haven't played the game so I'll leave my condescending opinion out of it but I can't really see how this VIDEO GAME honors the troops over seas.

1. Its a video game that depicts the deaths of American soldiers for your entertainment.

2. Its an FPS and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the the story telling capacity of a 10 year old.

3. Highly over-exaggerated depiction of what soldiers in Afghanistan do.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 18th October 2010, 3:38 am

^Mostly slander

In accordance to your numbering:

1. Implying that MoH is the only game to do it.

2. Your first sentence basically make this not much valid. You are judging something without experiencing it yourself.

3. I can slightly agree with, but what other games does this perfectly (except AA)? I do know of Taliban swarming troops in vast numbers.

Also you got to look at this from the fact they are looking at this from a Spec Ops (Tier 1) view. Even though you play as rangers in one mission.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 18th October 2010, 3:50 am

1. MOH not being the only one to do it does not make it any more "respectful."
2. Fine but it doesn't change my opinion.
3. Fine.
4. Slander implies that I know what I am saying is untrue and that I spoke it, not wrote it, which is libel.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 18th October 2010, 2:53 pm

GAME OF DA YEAR

zombie dude
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum