Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Dragon Ball Z Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Dragon Ball Z Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Dragon Ball Z Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Dragon Ball Z Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Dragon Ball Z Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Dragon Ball Z Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Dragon Ball Z Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Dragon Ball Z Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Dragon Ball Z Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Dragon Ball Z Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Dragon Ball Z Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Dragon Ball Z Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Dragon Ball Z

+3
zombie dude
A Groovy Tophat
DeadApe
7 posters

Go down

Dragon Ball Z Empty Dragon Ball Z

Post  DeadApe 26th January 2011, 1:49 pm

Whatup, xbox live has been down for the past week, expecting it to get fixed this week hopefully. In the meantime I've been on the computer (when it works,) and watching t.v, mostly Dragon Ball Z Kai on nicktoons.

Dragon Ball Z Kai is a re-cut of Dragon Ball Z. Basically all of the enemy voices have been redone, blood and extreme violence has been edited out (killing children, dismemberment, all the good stuff) new intro song (really bad) and a new narrator. So basically its worse than Dragon Ball Z but that doesn't say much since the show pretty much retains its awesomeness. The new voices are VERY similar to the originals, and are very good, although I'd much prefer the older ones. The lack of blood is unnoticeable unless you've watched the series before and remember how characters were beaten and bruised a lot more.

But anyway the point of this topic is that Dragon Ball Z was my FAVORITE show when I was little. I was a huge fan. I have seen every episode, every movie (except the newest brolly movie, and the live action movie) I had all the action figures, and subscribed to the unofficial DragonBall magazine for years.

I remember the show was awesome, but after re-watching the Frieza saga I am realizing the show is even better than I remembered. The score for the show is fantastic and I never paid any attention to that. The animations are excellent, considering they can be fighting for 3-4 episodes and it doesn't get boring.

Anyway, whats your favorite saga?

Edit: Oh. Also you can watch clips on youtube in HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lifR5ZbkFfY

DAMN WAS THIS IN THE ORIGINAL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iul2Yt3o40k&feature=related ??
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Z Empty Re: Dragon Ball Z

Post  A Groovy Tophat 26th January 2011, 3:38 pm

I loved watchin DBZ Smile when i was littler ( no trolling please ) it was my favorite show. We should stream the whole un-cut version on UXTV over the next couple months. Sound like a good idea?
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 26th January 2011, 3:42 pm

I wish, but I think that requires Slacker downloading the whole series. Note this would also take forever. But we should do a whole saga at least.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 26th January 2011, 4:24 pm

why don't you just watch every episode here

http://dbzepisode.org/

zombie dude
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 26th January 2011, 4:26 pm

Why that is a fantastic idea sir.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 26th January 2011, 5:07 pm

Why don't you guys just watch the original show with subs?

From what I've heard, the US dub makes a story entirely it's own by saying something entirely different from the original. Don't know really, I never watched the original either for more than 10 episodes...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 26th January 2011, 5:36 pm

Okay, this is some interesting timing. I just finished watching the (non-Nicktoons, uncut episodes) dub of DBZK up to the most recent episode. I figured enough time had passed since I watched the series as a kid that it wouldn't seem dull. Plus, I liked that some of the voice actors were the same as the ones from the previous Funimation dub.

I love Frieza's voice. It is creepy.

Made in Finland wrote:Why don't you guys just watch the original show with subs?

From what I've heard, the US dub makes a story entirely it's own by saying something entirely different from the original. Don't know really, I never watched the original either for more than 10 episodes...

Unless BOTH the DBZK dub and the Viz manga translation change the story from the original Japanese, then it's not too different. Besides, not only do those of us who watched the dub as younger folk have the nostalgia factor, but it's more difficult to really grasp emotion in another language when we're just watching animated characters. I usually watch foreign movies in their original launguage, with subs, but I typically watch anime with dubs.

DeadApe wrote:
But anyway the point of this topic is that Dragon Ball Z was my FAVORITE show when I was little. I was a huge fan. I have seen every episode, every movie (except the newest brolly movie, and the live action movie) I had all the action figures, and subscribed to the unofficial DragonBall magazine for years.

Damn, are we the same person? I didn't have all of the action figures, but I did read the entire manga series and owned several volumes. I never subscribed to the magazine, but I seem to remember getting a few issues. I, too, did not watch Dragon Ball: Evolution, as I'm never in the mood to watch garbage slowly rot.

DeadApe wrote:
Anyway, whats your favorite saga?

From Dragon Ball, King Piccolo saga.
From Dragon Ball Z, Captain Ginyu saga, or possibly Android saga.
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 26th January 2011, 5:45 pm

Edit: It is not just the enemy voices that are re-dubbed in Dragon Ball Kai. I am pretty sure all of the voices have been re-dubbed. A lot of the voice actors have changed too, at least for secondary characters like Bulma. The differences are barely noticeable.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 26th January 2011, 6:19 pm

Flasktoss55 wrote:but it's more difficult to really grasp emotion in another language when we're just watching animated characters.
That might be true if 90% of anime dubs wouldn't be shit whithout even giving a thought to emotion. Sure it's hard to grasp emotion in different languages, but it's even harder when there is no emotion.

Disney movies, Final Fantasy, Cowboy Bebop and Mad Bull 34 dubs are pretty much the only good enough ones to compete with the original that I've ever heard. Then again I usually watch everything in the original language whenever it's possible so I don't bother with dubs that much.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 26th January 2011, 6:27 pm

Aren't all Disney movies made in english?
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 26th January 2011, 6:31 pm

DeadApe wrote:Aren't all Disney movies made in english?
Yeah, but I'm talking about the European/Asian dubs. Check them out on YouTube if you want, they're all amazing. They probably spend ages trying to find matching voice actors. Most of them sound almost like the english voice actors, some sidekicks even sound better.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 26th January 2011, 6:41 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
That might be true if 90% of anime dubs wouldn't be shit whithout even giving a thought to emotion. Sure it's hard to grasp emotion in different languages, but it's even harder when there is no emotion.

Okay, your opinion. I still say it's hard to understand emotion in a language you don't understand without real visual cues. Japanese, in particular, for me.
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 26th January 2011, 7:08 pm

Personally, there's not many anime that I watch dubbed. Cowboy Bebop and DBZ are the only ones I'm okay with with dubs and DBZ simply because the japanese voice actors are equally as terrible.

I've watched all of Evangelion subbed and I tried watching it dubbed once, and it was terrible.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 26th January 2011, 8:29 pm

I watched all of Trigun dubbed, not bad. I think I like those voices better than the english ones, which are pretty goofy.

Edit: Today I watched a bunch of episodes of Dragon Ball Z Kai, and the original uncut Dragon Ball Z (dubbed in english.) The Dragon Ball Z Kai dubs are MUCH better for the main cast. They are less awkward and bad voice actors are pretty much replaced. Some voices aren't as good, like friezas but that's just my preference.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazio117 27th January 2011, 5:45 pm

I used to be a huge DB & DBZ fan when i was younger, Although i still like Dragon Ball z, The awesome ever so long battle scenes with half the earth being ripped apart in a blind flow of light.. Awesome! I haven't really watched it that much since i was like 16 but when i see it on the TV I'll watch it. My favorite villain is probably Frieza, He is pure evil. Cell is an android created to be evil so that's different, He doesn't really get the whole "emotion" thing. Majin Buu was a creature created of pure evilness so like cell he has no clue about goodness (apart from the Fat buu because he absorbed a kind hearted Kai) So frieza mainly just because he was a bad ass pure evil power hungry freak and took delight in destroying planets and killing anyone who even looked at him wrong. It's kinda sad though how in the later seasons they made him out to be a weakling..

Cazio117
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum