Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

+4
eaustinn36
Made in Finland
Jagdgeschwader
Ravenger
8 posters

Go down

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

Post  Ravenger 15th May 2011, 3:46 pm

Looked through the front page and didn't see anything about it, so decided to make one, if there IS a current thread going on about this somewhere else, I apologize for nothing. ENITIATE MANEUVER: WALL'O TEXT GAMA 3

Seems that Capcom is handing the reigns of the RE licence over to Slant Six Games, of SOCOM fame, for their newest venture back into Racoon. As the name states, we're taking a step back into 1998 during the original outbreak that destroyed the sleepy, colorado town. Though, unlike past games, we're not taking control of random survivors or poorly equiped S.T.A.R.S members. No, this time, we're taking charge of the big guns. The Umbrella Security Service.

Your mission as the USS is simple. Kill any and all survivors encounted in racoon. Sounds easy enough, until you factor in the hordes of flesh eating zombies, Umbrella's 'escaped' B.O.W's, and what ever else the T-Virus has in tow, but being the Corporate funded BAD ASSES that you are, you have a few tricks up your sleeve as well.

Harkening back to their SOCOM roots, Slant Six has decided that RE should no longer be a solo venture. You take control of one of four team members, with either the computer or your buddies making up the difference in singleplayer and online Co-Op. Each character is promised to play differently from one another, each taking up a certain role within the team with specific abilities and unlockables. Here's what little has been released about them...

Vector: Recon Expert : Can take on the persona of fallen enemies to confuse his foes and is equiped with Active Camoflage, allowing him to get in close to enemies that don't notice the telltale shimmering closing in on them.

Bertha : Medic : Can enhance her own abilities as well as those of her allies, while enducing deadly status effects on her enemies. Also, RUSSIAN ACCENT! Veapons and vhat not.

Beltway : Demolitions : Forgoing subtlety, he makes use of a variety of explosives, ranging from mines to remote charges and even non-lethal varients for those that like to get up close and personal.

Spectre : Surveillance : Basically, he sees things. Lots of things. With his goggles, spectre can access a variety of vision modes, allowing him to see targets long before they've seen you. Modes such as infra-red and sonar allow him to spec targets even through solid walls, and allows him to follow them anywhere on the battlefield via his minimap. Spectre's a must if you plan to set up ambushes, and speaking of such....

Since you're essencially playing the bad guys in the game, you can pull some pretty underhanded tactics on the survivors you're charged with eliminating. As I mentioned in Bertha's bio, status effects will play a keen role, much like they did in older RE games, but now they have a twist. When injured, players run the risk that their wounds can start to bleed profusely, this sends any zombies in the area into a sort of blood lust, hording the injured party. Bad news for teammates, even worse news for the survivors, as if may be more benificial to simply clip a target from a distance and allowing the zombies to finish the job, than taking them on in a prolonged firefight. This mechanic is evident in both single and multiplayer, so strategies are abound, just waiting for you sadistic members to put them into action.

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City is slated for a winter 2011 release on the PS3, Xbox, and PC. Here's to Hopin' that it's a winner.

Oh, and one more thing. You can kill Leon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWD6Z5E5bAk
Ravenger
Ravenger

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty Re: Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

Post  Jagdgeschwader 15th May 2011, 8:00 pm

Misspelled 'initiate'.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City Empty Re: Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

Post  Made in Finland 15th May 2011, 8:46 pm

Why do we even have a Games board (and a dozen sub-boards for games) when everything game related always gets posted in General Discussion?
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 15th May 2011, 9:21 pm

I guess everything can be described as a form of general conversation? I think this should be in the Resident Evil board, but whatever.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 15th May 2011, 9:28 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:I guess everything can be described as a form of general conversation? I think this should be in the Resident Evil board, but whatever.

What are you talking about? It is in the RE board Wink

Crazy people these days...
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 15th May 2011, 9:31 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:
Jagdgeschwader wrote:I guess everything can be described as a form of general conversation? I think this should be in the Resident Evil board, but whatever.

Woah. Shocked
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Ravenger 15th May 2011, 9:33 pm

Constantly forget that there are sub-boards for various game series here.
Ravenger
Ravenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 15th May 2011, 10:05 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:

That still leaves, oh I don't know, 200 videogame threads in general Discussion...

And rather than having a million sub-boards, wouldn't it just be easier to have the Games board as an general board where you can post threads, rather than making a new sub-board for every game (and not being able to discuss any other games, except in General Discussion...).
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 16th May 2011, 12:59 am

Yes but 200 game threads in General Discussion aren't being constantly talked about. If you want to fix the problem, encourage people to post in the specific sub-board for that game. Also, there isn't a sub-board for every game, and I don't think the only games we play are GTA, CoD, Battlefield, Farcry, Halo and Resident Evil.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 16th May 2011, 1:10 am

Honestly, the gameplay in that video looks pretty underwhelming.

Not really excited for this game at all.

maybe it's because i want an actual good RE game
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 16th May 2011, 1:18 am

I'll buy it eventually.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 16th May 2011, 1:24 am

Looks relatively interesting, but it might pan out to yet another disappointment. 4 player coop might be alright. What sounds really awesome is the idea of a versus mode; four soldiers versus survivors in a big city like that. Either way, I don't think it's fair to judge until we see a little more.
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

https://www.youtube.com/eaglendia

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 16th May 2011, 1:44 am

Im not really sure wat to think. First off i dont even want to consider that a RE game. it looks like Splinter Cell with zombies. And second.... ACTIVE CAMO?? WTF?
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 16th May 2011, 1:51 am

Talk about tech we won't have for another fifty years or so at the earliest.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 16th May 2011, 7:40 am

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Talk about tech we won't have for another fifty years or so at the earliest.
Not to mention it's set in 1998...

Also the whole squad is retarded. They're supposed to be specialized in zombie killing. Why the fuck would half of them have melee weapons as their main, when close quarter combat is a sure way to get infected?
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Vashed1995 16th May 2011, 9:31 am

I'll stick with getting the HD version of Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica-X on XBL.

http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/adventure/residentevilcodeveronica/news/6305345/hd-resident-evil-4-code-veronica-x-spooking-xbl-psn
Vashed1995
Vashed1995
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum