Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC

+8
BLACK SNOW 13
steveeeee
KZ Powned
RedrumSalad
DeadApe
VrAzZLe Meister
A Groovy Tophat
Super Mega King
12 posters

Go down

Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC

Post  Super Mega King 11th July 2011, 4:26 pm

http://www.metrowny.com/news-entertainment/archives/589-Windows_8_will_allow_for_Xbox_360_games_to_be_played_on_PCs.html

Teknylate.com and Insideris.com have reported that with the next versions of Microsoft’s PC operating system, Windows 8, will include the function to allow users to play Xbox 360 games on their PC’s. Interesting, Games for Windows Marketplace, the previous PC game portal from Microsoft, was integrated into Xbox.com. With rumors of the next Xbox system looming, how does this reflect Microsoft’s plan for gaming going forward?

Microsoft has not made an official statement about the feature yet. From the two sources, the Xbox Live Dashboard or marketplace will be accessible through the PC. Users should be able to download and play any content from the Xbox Live marketplace as well as read game discs with their PC to play them.

The service will still cost a subscription fee. Whether existing Xbox Live members will need to pay extra to use the PC extension isn’t known. Technical details are very scarce at this time.

So, let’s speculate on what this move could mean for the next Xbox (Xbox 720 if you wish). My first suspicion is that backwards compatibility of 360 games in the next system may be a factor. Microsoft may be considering dropping backwards compatibility of Xbox 360 games in the new system for the sake of technological restructuring. Microsoft did start off the Xbox 360’s life with no backwards compatibility and no promise in the future. Fast forward and you see Microsoft not only allowed original Xbox discs to be played in the system, but started hosting the best of the library as downloadable titles.

Perhaps, the next Xbox will forego BC for the early time-frame, so Microsoft is covering its back through this PC initiative. Sony proved that you can even remove BC mid-way into your consoles life-span without killing your business. Microsoft may be ready to take a bigger risk this time because of the competition’s success.

Considering that Microsoft is primarily a PC oriented company, it would be no surprise if they are trying to merge their platform with their other PC products. I’ve said before that one of the big video game companies may design their next system more like a gaming PC, rather than a dedicated gaming machine. Microsoft is clearly trying to make Xbox an entertainment platform for music, movies, television, and gaming.

Building Xbox game playing into their new OS (which is meant to be used on PC, tablet, and mobile) may be Microsoft’s way of getting around their lack of portable gaming presence. Instead of participating in the handheld war between Nintendo DS and Sony PSP (3DS and soon-to-be Vita), Microsoft will target devices people already own. I’ve also stated before how LAN play is extremely desirable to Xbox fans, and PC fans are no different. Now, you don’t need an Xbox Laptop, you just need Windows 8 on your current laptop; a much better option to the all consumers and Microsoft.

What purpose will the next Xbox serve then? It will play the games that most devices can’t play yet. It will be the box under your TV. The average consumer doesn’t upgrade their PC parts too often and the next Xbox is sure to have specs matching, if not exceeding high-end PCs of today (and I’m talking like today-today, not 3-months-from-now-today). Most people don’t even know they can hook their PC up to a standard HDTV. Surely, we’ll see Xbox 720 games become playable on PC someday, but not until those specs are standard. Then again, your next PC could be the next Xbox.

Teknylate.com: Play Xbox360 games on PC - Windows 8 Insideris.com: More Xbox 360 Games on Windows 8 details

WELP
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty Re: Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC

Post  A Groovy Tophat 11th July 2011, 4:54 pm

Im a little worried about this but at the same time im excited for this.

Just hoping that when the new xbox comes out.... eventually it doesnt cost like nearly 1k, because slowly the price of gaming is being unbearably expensive as time passes.

If it does.... then guess im sticking with 360 Razz
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC  Empty Re: Windows 8 will allow 360 games to be played on PC

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 11th July 2011, 4:56 pm

I can't really get too excited. I play PC for Steam......
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 11th July 2011, 5:03 pm

This is very exciting news. Anything to bridge the gap between consoles and PC's sounds good to me.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 11th July 2011, 6:26 pm

Not to me, tho. Because the PC community and the 360 community are very different. I believe that they should be kept separate :/
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 11th July 2011, 8:05 pm

fuck yes

i will no longer be separated from my xbox

i just hope that they bridge the gap for live so that people using the PC can chat to the people using xboxs

and youll probs have to use a controller for the games unless you wanna go and remap all the controls

personally i dont see the point in everyone seperating and sitting in a cornner with all their friends who have the same system

fucking bride the gap and bring the gaming community together

dont be close minded, embrace the coming together of gamers enjoying games together everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  steveeeee 12th July 2011, 12:48 am

robots are going to take over the world
steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 12th July 2011, 3:52 am

steveeeee wrote:robots are going to take over the world
Tophat wouldn't mind that...

On a serious note, this sounds great! We can possibly support GTA Zombies on PC if we have players that have computers powerful enough.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  eegleindia 12th July 2011, 2:55 pm

Found a more reliable source, but they point out that it might just be for the ability to control your console remotely to trigger updates or manage downloads.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/12/xbox-360-pops-up-in-win-8-code-console-game-compatibility-comin/
eegleindia
eegleindia
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 12th July 2011, 4:32 pm

Would like to get a solid statement before I get excited.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  o QuickShott o 12th July 2011, 4:37 pm

eh, has anyone heard about Dust 514 the game? its supposed to be connected to EVE online, but we are soldiers, not spaceships. and PS3 people play against us, PC people send down support.
o QuickShott o
o QuickShott o
I don't miss.

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 14th July 2011, 4:32 pm

Mixed feeling about this. On the surface it sounds great, but I have that strange feeling this is one of those things where it "sounds great at first but would lead to unintended and unknown consequences."
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum