Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Dead island Movie Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Dead island Movie Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Dead island Movie Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Dead island Movie Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Dead island Movie Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Dead island Movie Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Dead island Movie Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Dead island Movie Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Dead island Movie Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Dead island Movie Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Dead island Movie Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Dead island Movie Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Dead island Movie

+3
DeadApe
Flasktoss55
Garquin
7 posters

Go down

Dead island Movie Empty Dead island Movie

Post  Garquin 30th September 2011, 7:52 am

Lionsgate has optioned the rights to make a Dead Island movie, with the game's famously haunting announcement trailer acting as the film's main inspiration.

"The film Dead Island will be an innovation of the zombie genre because of its focus on human emotion, family ties and non-linear storytelling," said Lionsgate.

"Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Dead Island trailer, we too were awestruck. This is exactly the type of property we're looking to adapt at Lionsgate - it's sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential."

The film is currently in the very early stages of development. Producer Sean Daniel, who worked on The Mummy, Tombstone and Dazed and Confused is heading up the project. No acting or directing talent has been announced.

Those that are excited about the film should probably reserve their excitement for now. Books, comics, TV shows, games - lots of stories are optioned to become films, only to stall for one reason or another. Dead Island has a long road ahead of it before it makes it to the big screen.

But, we can't say we're not intrigued. A film based on a trailer that had little or nothing to do with the actual game? Interesting. What do you guys think? I can't wait for it.

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Dead island Movie Empty Re: Dead island Movie

Post  Flasktoss55 30th September 2011, 10:06 am

Lionsgate has optioned the rights to make a Zombie Game movie, with the game's famously zombie gameplay acting as the film's main inspiration.

"The film Zombie Game will be an innovation of the zombie genre because of its focus on zombies, gameplay and killing zombies in the game," said Lionsgate.
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 30th September 2011, 1:32 pm

THE MUMMY? Lets do what it do.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 30th September 2011, 3:29 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

Scroll down and check out the Rotten Tomatoes scores. They speak for themselves. Not even ONE fresh video game movie has been made. Not ONE!

It's as though there 's something about video game movies that causes the cast and crew to dick around and half ass everything. Seriously, how has not even ONE of those been good? No wonder Neil Blomkamp gave up Halo. He didn't want to be the guy who fucks it up.

I'm hoping that this movie will break the chain somehow. The fact that it's made by Lionsgate doesn't seem too promising. They always seem to be trying hard to be "edgy" with their movies, as they said, but I've never seen a movie of theirs that was "sophisticated". Maybe I'm just not remembering every time I've seen that logo. I'm sure a few of their movies haven't sucked. Still, I wouldn't want them to do it. A lot of shitty movies seem to follow that logo popping onscreen. As for their promise of "non-linear storytelling", what the hell is that supposed to mean?

I'd bet my money on another shitty video game movie. I don't want to be a nay-sayer, but I'm not exactly liking the combo of studio I don't like plus formula that's never worked plus a game I'd like to not be butchered by Hollywood asshats trying to make it more appealing to massive audiences. They always do that, and it always comes out awful. I bet if they made a Splinter Cell movie, they'd make Sam Fisher be in his late 20's or some shit, and add in a bunch of massive gunfights and a stupid ass generic villain who wasn't in any of the games and who isn't half as good a villain as the ones who were.

I really hope they make this right for once. Just ONE good one.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 30th September 2011, 4:22 pm

"Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Zombie Game zombie gameplay, we too were awestruck. This is exactly the type of zombie game we're looking to adapt at Lionsgate - it has zombies, it has zombie attacks, and the killing of zombies that we all know and love. It also has that zombie recognition, you know, when people who like zombies look at zombie things. It's great for us."
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  eegleindia 30th September 2011, 8:38 pm

Dead Island isn't a zombie game.

It's a runny-slappy-whacky game.
eegleindia
eegleindia
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 30th September 2011, 8:54 pm

Garquin wrote: it's sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love.

Am I the only one who wouldn't use any of those words to describe Dead Island?
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  KGBOOM 1st October 2011, 4:31 pm

The family mentioned in the trailer will most definately be the main characters of a Dead Island movie
KGBOOM
KGBOOM
God damn Sunlight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum