Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
A new scenario idea Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
A new scenario idea Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
A new scenario idea Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
A new scenario idea Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
A new scenario idea Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
A new scenario idea Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
A new scenario idea Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
A new scenario idea Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
A new scenario idea Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
A new scenario idea Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
A new scenario idea Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
A new scenario idea Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

A new scenario idea

+2
STUNTMAN1TY
Made in Finland
6 posters

Go down

A new scenario idea Empty A new scenario idea

Post  Made in Finland 8th July 2012, 5:15 am

This is a scenario I've had in mind since I was still an active player, but after tonight's game, I finally went through it with eaustinn36, and we came to the conclusion I should make a thread about.

So, it's basically defending an building. It's that building where you go with Little Jacob really early in the storyline (it's an tutorial level about taking cover, pretty much). It has a guy in the kitchen with a shotgun that you have to get through a window, know which building I mean now? It's near where the Irish family lives, on the same street at the corner. It's accessible in multiplayer, and I'm pretty sure I remember a team of survivors defending it once in the olden days when people would just randomly pick a spot to defend.

[edit: there's a park right next to it, I'm fairly sure it has that fireframe statue of a globe in it, the building is in one of the corners of that park, pretty sure it's the south-west corner]

I was a little scetchy about it being too easy because the zombies would be funneled through a really narrow staircase, so eaustinn36 suggested two things. One, the zombies would be inside the building when the scenario starts, so at the beginning the survivors have to clear out the building. Two, the survivors would have to evacuate near the end. In a car preferrably, because with a chopper you could probably land on the roof and it might make things too easy...

We estimated 4 people should be good enough to hold the building, give or take one player. One shotgun (most probably holding the staircase), one assault rifle (most ptobably on the roof, picking off and wounding random zombies) and the rest with submachine guns, doing whatever. And a driver with a glock.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

A new scenario idea Empty Re: A new scenario idea

Post  STUNTMAN1TY 8th July 2012, 1:37 pm

Everything about that sounds good, but I'd like to point out one little cheap spot I discovered when I used to do Liberty City Parkour (A climbing mini-game I made up with a few friends). When you're on the roof one could get on top of one of those green slope things and make a jump to the adjacent roof tops and there's no other way up there, so the one who made the jump could just camp up there and shoot any zombies trying to make the jump., and if I remember correctly the jump is a bit tricky so they zombies would have to go one at a time.
STUNTMAN1TY
STUNTMAN1TY
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 8th July 2012, 4:09 pm

I like it. Keep in mind its not as easy as it seems, despite how small it is. So we'd have to really tweak the guns and stuff.

And yea I think its fair to say that we would limit the "cheap spots," that stuntmanity is talking about.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  G00EY LOUIE 8th July 2012, 4:41 pm

This scenario is genius!

G00EY LOOP WORTHY!
G00EY LOUIE
G00EY LOUIE
Thats right, limp away!

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/messagewall/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 8th July 2012, 4:43 pm

G00EY LOUIE wrote:This scenario is genius!

G00EY LOOP WORTHY!

BRO YOU NEED TO MAKE CHILDREN OF THE UNDEAD 2!
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  G00EY LOUIE 8th July 2012, 4:47 pm

sgt zombie23 wrote:
G00EY LOUIE wrote:This scenario is genius!

G00EY LOOP WORTHY!

BRO YOU NEED TO MAKE CHILDREN OF THE UNDEAD 2!

BRO I KNOW! With my growing talent in film-making, CotU2 will be even better than before. Thanks for reminding me.
G00EY LOUIE
G00EY LOUIE
Thats right, limp away!

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/messagewall/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 9th July 2012, 5:35 pm

While I still had the xbox, I went back to the house and checked a few things.

One, there is a house right next to it, like whoever said. Actually there's a whole row of houses right there, and the defendable house is at the end of the row.

Two, all of the houses (including the one to be defended) have fire escapes at the back, so contrary to what I thought before, there is actually more than one entry to the building, which definitely makes it more challenging for the humans, and the players probably should be upped to a minimum of 4. The zombies can climb on the farthest building's roof and make it relatively safely to the roof of the building being defended, so an SMG might want to cover the AR's back..

Three, I don't know if this is just an single player issue, but Niko has some serious troubles climbing over the ridge of the roof. It's too steep. Someone should test this in party mode...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 9th July 2012, 6:42 pm

As I discussed with Finland in the chatbox the other night, this is definitely a good idea with lots of potential. It might not work out as is, but that is where testing comes in. A few minor tweaks (and maybe restrictions on cheap spots), and it should be ready to go.

If we can get the initial details worked out from all angles, then i'm sure we could even do a test as soon as next zed night.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 9th July 2012, 8:41 pm

Also, to make it less of an "defend and evacuate scenario" I thought of a somewhat different approach. The zombies waiting in the house is a nice twist, but after clearing them out that's about it. So...

I have no idea how this will actually go down, but, the row of buildings are on a slight downhill, the building with interior being the lowest. In other words, it's easy to get from the farthest/highest building to the lowest (with interior) but near impossible to go the other way (at least with zombies on your ass). So, maybe the survivors start from the roof of the farthest building, and have to evacuate through the final building? At first they would be easy off, with zombies coming only up only one fire escape, but with each rooftop they advance, a new fire escape is useable by the zombies, so they can use the fire escape on the building where the survivors are, OR any of the ones on previous rooftops. The humans would be effectively taking a step forward without a chance for retreat. It's also funny to think that as they advance one way, more zombies will start pouring from the behind.

There could be like a 1 minute minimum limit on each building, so that the survivors can't just sprint through it all, of course. I think there's a total of 4 or 5 buildings, so that's maybe 15 minute game, 5 to set up, roughly 5 to defend, and an evac at 5 minute mark. Or if it's too short, have them defend the final building a little longer. And it should work so that the 1 minute timer starts from when they reach a new rooftop, so they can't camp on the easiest roof for 5 minutes and run for it either.

The spawns have me worried though. If the zombies keep spawning on the front of the house, it takes them longer to get back to the roof. There's an alley between each house (and the drop WILL kill you, unless you hit a wall and are saved by a bug, but for at least the humans this could be considered as good as dead). It might be the other way around too, if they spawn right next to the fire escape, they can get back up so fast the humans would be overrun. This, on the other hand if fixable by adjusting the spawn interval, so not so much of a hassle.

PS: I wish I had that damn xbox, lol. Might have to talk to my brother and make some arrangeaments for some other weekend too...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down