Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

+19
Meatshield718
Super Mega King
FoundDa Kiwi
Desert Sleepy
Slacker Hero
oO Coggy Oo
Garquin
sgt zombie23
VrAzZLe Meister
snowwolf1996
Jagdgeschwader
. ADestroyer360
DJDemitri
A Groovy Tophat
bman4782
WestHybrid 360
Made in Finland
Cloakey100
ApocalypseVVolf.
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 8th September 2012, 8:44 pm

Here's a "trailer" that reminded me that Bethesda will be creating another Fallout soon.

What are you looking forward to in the next Fallout? What would you like to see? Where would you like it to be held?

Post your opinions and information on Fallout 4 here.

Last edited by ApocalypseVVolf. on 8th September 2012, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread Empty Re: Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Post  Cloakey100 8th September 2012, 8:46 pm

I Heard its in the common wealth which is located near boston
Cloakey100
Cloakey100
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 8th September 2012, 9:49 pm

Already?

Thread should be called DLC the game part III.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  WestHybrid 360 8th September 2012, 10:29 pm

My bet is on Los Angeles. Hollywood.

Still close to the NCR and Legion, and actually has some historical ties to the 50's 60's apocalypse theme.

WestHybrid 360
WestHybrid 360
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  bman4782 8th September 2012, 10:49 pm

It looks fake

bman4782

Back to top Go down

Post  WestHybrid 360 8th September 2012, 10:52 pm

bman4782 wrote:It looks fake

It's a fan trailer.
WestHybrid 360
WestHybrid 360
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  bman4782 8th September 2012, 11:15 pm

Oh wow I feel dumb

bman4782

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 9th September 2012, 12:18 am

I just want them to fix scoped weapons with Fallout 4

and to make binoculars useful somehow.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  DJDemitri 9th September 2012, 12:25 am

I want to see some team co-op. Have your friends join your game and have co-op only missions available. I just think of a hotel and a group of six fighting off a horde filled to the brim with ghouls or raiders. Radios can come into play so you can't talk to people on too far from you without one. Oh and community showers instead of beds. That way you take one for a few seconds and feel rejuvenated and rested rather than doing a mine craft thing where EVERYONE has to be in bed.

Just a thought.

"Team 1 take the basement. Team 2 take the upstairs. Clear out and meet on the roof. Copy?"

"But the basement is scary as hell!"

"Don't be a pansy and get down there."
DJDemitri
DJDemitri
I dismember Zombies slowly

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 9th September 2012, 12:28 am

As long as I can still have a fully automatic 25mm grenade machine gun, I'm fine.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 9th September 2012, 2:26 am

I'll get it, mod it so that people's limbs stop falling off and exploding from .22 long rifles, and have fun.

Hopefully it's like Skyrim with its longevity. I remember what I dislike most about Fallout now.

It's boring as hell to look at.

Increase render distances to make scoped weapons more practical.

Create a better combat system, a more authentic and real feeling one. Fallout is annoying when you can take a thousand bullets and still be fine.

Guns double as melee weapons. This is more than possible, Skyrim already does it.

Create a cover system. In Skyrim, it's acceptable because everything is melee and the few ranged weapons are very limited, but in Fallout, gunfights with people standing up taking bullets and relying on their armor for protection feels so retardedly fake I want to pull my hair out sometimes. Not only that, but gunfights where people with knives are able to actually contest with firearm wielding soldiers is completely retarded. I don't care how "tough" someone is, or how "brutal" their initiation is, a bullet will drop you. Guns trump knives every time. Exceptions could be made to people under the influence of hard drugs, but the same injuries should still apply. Essentially, when the drugs wear off, if your character hasn't died from the twenty 9mm bullets he just took in the everything, he should probably die. This is actually simulated with Buffout in the Fallouts given its health boost, and it does it better than nothing. Remember, drugs are bad, kids.

Return hardcore mode.

Introduce better ragdolling. When a hand grenade lands near me, if I even survive it, I should be thrown across the room, both legs broken, crawling to the nearest town if I manage to survive that.

Introduce a consistent damage system. Skill doesn't determine your damage with a weapon. Skill should determine how well you handle the weapon.

Character headtracking in third person. Your character should look at who's talking to them, give salutations to people walking by, acknowledge people in the world, like in R* games like RDR or GTA.

Introduce TES leveling. I shouldn't level guns because I want to get 100 at level 6. (Possible in Fallout)

Gore should be authentic. I'm tired of seeing people's heads explode when I shoot them, or their limbs for that matter. It's not cool, it's retarded to look at. I remember when I played these games on the consoles I specifically shot people in the torso so I didn't have to see that. (Few exceptions could be made. Very high caliber weapons could split heads for example.) Melee weapons like knives shouldn't decapitate, but weapons like a super sledge or a sledgehammer should smash a head or limb.

If a realistic health system is introduced, bleed out when character is significantly injured and incapable of fighting.

Followers should be more in depth.

Followers should be needed as well. Nobody survives by being a lone wolf, everyone has friends. I hate being a one man army, but it's also inevitable eventually. In a game like Skyrim, it's not nearly as noticeable as again, everything is melee.

Fire should have an effect on people where they panic and burn. Fire in fallout is a very useless weapon, it doesn't do anything. Incendiary weaponry should be just as feared in the game as in real life. It should burn you to a crisp if you're lit on fire. (As in completely engulfed)

Realistic weapon weights. No more "15lb LMGs" and "20lb" Anti-Material rifles. Flamethrowers for instance are extremely heavy, and the ammunition for these weapons are also extremely heavy. 500 rounds of .308 weighs around thirty pounds, and the weapon platform weighs in around 27. Your armor can weigh anywhere from 15-30 pounds also. This stuff is heavy.

Increase the value of the cap. Caps are worthless in New Vegas.

Remember the lesson learned here and do like Skyrim, make people look authentic. For too long have most people looked goofy and out of place. Time to change that.

Increase value of perks, and if anything make them do less.

Make factions, and make them joinable. Create more depth to the factions unlike in Skyrim and make it so you have more than a superficial role.

For God's sakes, please make friendlies in said factions actually competent, or if not all of them, make a broad spectrum. I'm tired of babysitting my teammates.

Decrease HUD, or make it only available during combat or when using specific things in the HUD. Skyrim does this well. Fallout annoys me with the HUD constantly up, I eventually turned it off completely.

Do we have to have a pip-boy? This thing is so impractical it's not even funny. I know it's desirable, and I'm not saying get rid of it (make it a pick-up), but a system (I know I keep comparing to Skyrim, but things are done correct in this game) like Skyrim's where it's just a menu you pull up would be fantastic.

Decrease the amount of weight you can carry. Increase stamina loss with the amount of weight you carry, for instance, carrying 300lbs is impossible for an average person to do anymore than about ten seconds at best. Force players to micro-manage their weight and personal systems. This goes against the one man army thing.

Quick time events could go far to increase the heat of the moment say in a melee fight say when you and an AI initiate melee combat at the same time. Executions wouldn't be out of place, and assassinations are very cool.

In short, the game needs to feel like I'm this person. I personally don't have fun playing a complete and total badass because the game holds my hand, rather holds me completely while I play. I'd rather boast I'm a complete badass because I'm a master of myself and can handle myself better because I'm more intelligent. That is where I'll succeed, that is where I survive.

Some of these things could definitely be a "hardcore mode" only thing, but Fallout in my opinion needs an overhaul of player interaction. Raising the difficulty does nothing, only make the game far stupider by making you extremely weak and everything else extremely strong. This doesn't improve anything, it worsens it.

Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 9th September 2012, 3:22 am

Christ Jag, it's an RPG not a milsim. Fallout's a game to fuck around in. If you have that much of a problem with the game just don't play it.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloakey100 9th September 2012, 6:53 am

Ok first off im 87% sure its set in the common wealth, it gets mentioned in fallout 3 and new vegas the whole thing with the legion isnt true, well tenically it is but its for a old fallout 4 made in 2001, i doubt they set the common wealth up to much to just disregard it now.

Cover system, good idea but the engine used for the game isnt built for that sort of thing

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/20/will-fallout-4-be-set-in-boston-2
Cloakey100
Cloakey100

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 9th September 2012, 9:23 am

. ADestroyer360 wrote:Christ Jag, it's an RPG not a milsim. Fallout's a game to fuck around in. If you have that much of a problem with the game just don't play it.

No, GTA is a game to fuck around in. Saint's Row is a game to fuck around in. Fallout is about surviving in a nuclear wasteland, surviving against all odds which is nowhere near difficult when the game holds your hand the entire time.

All things I mentioned are tiny things actually when it comes to modding. I already have done most of them that I can in New Vegas.

And the number one complaint I've heard from people about Fallout is that eventually the game always becomes too easy, and the game always ends of playing itself, even on the hardest difficulties. Not just me complaining here.

Cloakey, anything is possible with modding. Anything I can do, a Bethesda employee can do with his degrees up the ass. Only the most impossible of the impossible can't be done in modding.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 9th September 2012, 12:57 pm

So a game in which you can guzzle down 20 cans of beans to heal mortal wounds, carry around hundreds of thousands of bottle caps and not be encumbered at all, and run around with a fully automatic grenade launcher is NOT a fuck around game?

Fallout 1 and 2 were more geared towards what your looking for Jag. The new studio took a new direction with 3 and NV, and both myself and a portion of the fanbase enjoyed it. There will always be something about a game that not everyone likes, be it a small things or your opinion that Fallout isn't at all realistic survival-wise for a being a game set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland (which is absolutely correct). In the end, there's not much you can do about that. You could write a letter expressing your opinions to Bethesda and Zenimax, mod the shit out of the game, or just play the game and enjoy it for what it is: a mostly light-hearted tromp through a nuclear wasteland.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 9th September 2012, 1:01 pm

I personally would wish for a more in depth hardcore mode where i am not thirsty all the time and not where i can go ten days without eating. I also really liked the companions in NV and would like to see more interesting characters. i would also like more than one quest in a town (goodsprings for example, i love that town but there is only one quest for it which sucks) or at least have it where at certain times and days this happens and makes this quest available and just walking into this area triggers it. other than those Jag covored a lot of them.
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 9th September 2012, 1:20 pm

snowwolf1996 wrote:I personally would wish for a more in depth hardcore mode where i am not thirsty all the time and not where i can go ten days without eating.
But you can go more than 10 days without eating...... and you would have to drink alot of water. Hardcore mode sounds fine to me.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 9th September 2012, 1:57 pm

. ADestroyer360 wrote:So a game in which you can guzzle down 20 cans of beans to heal mortal wounds, carry around hundreds of thousands of bottle caps and not be encumbered at all, and run around with a fully automatic grenade launcher is NOT a fuck around game?

Fallout 1 and 2 were more geared towards what your looking for Jag. The new studio took a new direction with 3 and NV, and both myself and a portion of the fanbase enjoyed it. There will always be something about a game that not everyone likes, be it a small things or your opinion that Fallout isn't at all realistic survival-wise for a being a game set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland (which is absolutely correct). In the end, there's not much you can do about that. You could write a letter expressing your opinions to Bethesda and Zenimax, mod the shit out of the game, or just play the game and enjoy it for what it is: a mostly light-hearted tromp through a nuclear wasteland.

Fallout 3 is not light hearted, neither is New Vegas in any sense. Fallout just likes to make you into a complete and total badass no matter what happens.

If you honestly think that Fallout is a light hearted tromp through a nuclear wasteland, especially with everything that happens, and the situation at hand, then you're either sociopathic or completely nuts.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 9th September 2012, 2:00 pm

Not every game has to be tactically realistic it makes games to complicated and stupid
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 9th September 2012, 2:05 pm

sgt zombie23 wrote:Not every game has to be tactically realistic it makes games to stupid

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  oO Coggy Oo 9th September 2012, 2:20 pm

sgt zombie23 wrote:Not every game has to be tactically realistic it makes games to complicated and stupid

You muddertruckin' Alpha Bravo Charlie!
oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 9th September 2012, 2:37 pm

New Vegas is leaps and bounds ahead of shitty Fallout 3, story wise. Gameplay too, for the most part.

Too bad Bethesda won't get Obsidian to make FO4, but here's hoping they are given a chance to make another FO game in the future.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 9th September 2012, 4:48 pm

Slacker Hero wrote:New Vegas is leaps and bounds ahead of shitty Fallout 3, story wise. Gameplay too, for the most part.

Agreed

Still wish the binoculars were fucking useful for something though.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 9th September 2012, 4:49 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Increase render distances to make scoped weapons more practical.

Agree with this. I was pretty thrilled when I picked up a sniper rifle in New Vegas, but ended up disappointed when I found out it barely zooms at all. I think even Marksman Carbines zoom more, and they only zoom like x2. Their lackluster zoom combined with the fact that I can rarely hit anything with them, even when crouched and the target has plenty of leeway makes snipers pretty useless since they don't do exceptionally high damage.

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Create a better combat system, a more authentic and real feeling one. Fallout is annoying when you can take a thousand bullets and still be fine.

I had thought about this a few days ago. I'm pretty sure the fact that you and other human opponents can take tons of bullets is some sort of RPG concept. If you could die in three shots, it would be "too hard", even if the enemies could as well. So they've got to make you capable of taking like 30 shots, and up the amount of damage enemies can take to compensate. I get the idea.

I definitely think it could work more realistically, though. If you could only take a couple bullets, it would make armed enemies a bit more menacing. You could keep for example, radscorpions about where they are. Since they're a monstrous animal, they can take a lot more bullets than a person, at the cost of having to actually make it over to you and stab/bite you.

If there was a hardcore mode where you could only take a few bullets, and so could your enemies, I'd play the shit out of that. I hate having to spend like 300 bullets everytime some Legion death squad accosts me just because apparently Legionnaire armor is impenetrable. And if someone doesn't like the combat being so difficult? They can always use VATS. Then it'd be more RPG-like anyway.

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Gore should be authentic. I'm tired of seeing people's heads explode when I shoot them, or their limbs for that matter. It's not cool, it's retarded to look at. I remember when I played these games on the consoles I specifically shot people in the torso so I didn't have to see that. (Few exceptions could be made. Very high caliber weapons could split heads for example.) Melee weapons like knives shouldn't decapitate, but weapons like a super sledge or a sledgehammer should smash a head or limb.

Kind of agree with this. All the limbs falling off and heads exploding gets a bit excessive. Plus, if it wasn't done so often, it would make something like a slave collar exploding actually significant. And if someone wants exploding bodies, there is of course the perk "Bloody Mess".

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Increase the value of the cap. Caps are worthless in New Vegas.

Don't quite get this. Maybe at higher levels or something, but I'm at level 13 I think, and I value caps quite a bit. I can buy improved gear/implants with it, as well as other stuff. Are you saying caps are too easy to get tons of, and it makes spending money not a big deal (heard basically the same complaint with Skyrim)?

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Remember the lesson learned here and do like Skyrim, make people look authentic. For too long have most people looked goofy and out of place. Time to change that.

I thought about this as soon as I made my character. It seems like for some reason in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, 100 percent of characters are gaunt and have those lines at the sides of their mouth. There isn't even an option to turn it off. It annoys the shit out of me. I'll blame New Vegas having it on Fallout 3, since it seems the character creation was exactly the same. But even in Skyrim this seems to be a problem. Not everyone has lines at the sides of the mouth, god damn it. I'd also add in that maybe, instead of adding only a few decent hairstyles and then adding in a bunch of silly ones, maybe just replace those silly ones with decent ones? Maybe, for example, the haircuts "Bedhead" or "Terrorsaur" have a couple people who find it funny to put on their character, but I really think a decent short haired hairstyle would be better received. And Bethesda needs to realize that not everyone has widow's peak. I'd even guess that most people don't have widow's peak. Yet every buzzcut style haircut has widow's peak. There's basically just one decent short haired hairstyle, the default looking one that's combed to one side. Other than that, there's a ton of ridiculous ones, and short haired ones with widow's peak. Going completely bald is one of the few good options.

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Make factions, and make them joinable. Create more depth to the factions unlike in Skyrim and make it so you have more than a superficial role.

One thing I've wanted for a while is to be just an ordinary member of a faction. I remember in Morrowind you start in the Imperial Legion as just a recruit or something, and your first assignment is to go collect some paperwork. Made me feel like some common soldier. Not sure if it stayed like this as I never finished that quest line. I was pretty disappointed when I had to go all the way to the leader of the Imperial Legion to join up for one. Then I basically can't just join the legion? Why the hell not? Instead I have to be some sort of special auxiliary. Stop making me special god damn it. I want to be an ordinary, believable person, instead of the big hero who wins the war single handedly. I get that maybe a lot of people play RPGs so they can live out their fantasy of being a badass or the big hero, but those people have tons and tons of options. Can't I just not be special for once? I wish I was ordinary. So fuckin' ordinary.

Jagdgeschwader wrote:In short, the game needs to feel like I'm this person. I personally don't have fun playing a complete and total badass because the game holds my hand, rather holds me completely while I play. I'd rather boast I'm a complete badass because I'm a master of myself and can handle myself better because I'm more intelligent. That is where I'll succeed, that is where I survive.

If you want a game like this, I'd really recommend Mount and Blade: Warband. I've probably recommended it tons on this site already, but it really does this in particular well. I've never played a game that made me feel so unimpressive. Seriously, you could be some heavily armored, high level badass, and one lucky crossbow bolt could take you down. If you play this game even slightly fairly, you're bound to get your ass kicked and get your army slaughtered at least a few times. It's not ridiculously hard or anything, it just doesn't go very easy on you. And you can't be a one man army. You can't win an entire war on your own. In fact, it'll be a long time before you can even hold your own against civilized enemies. You might be able to cut through 40 bandits with the help of a small group with ease, but god help you if you're ever up against some actually well trained and fully armored knights on horseback and you don't have a sizable force of your own knights. Even when you can take down most individual enemy armies, you won't win the war on your own. You'll feel accomplished capturing even the smallest, most poorly defended castle on your own. It's a really great game if you want to actually feel like you've earned it when you accomplish something.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 9th September 2012, 6:07 pm

sgt zombie23 wrote:Not every game has to be tactically realistic it makes games to complicated and stupid

Well seeing as most games are too easy I think there needs to be a bit of a balance here. I can count on one hand how many games are "tactically realistic".

Again, the one complaint I always hear about Fallout is that it always ends up being way too easy after level 10 and essentially not much fun anymore.

@Sleepy

I'm glad you agree with me on some points. What I meant by caps being worth is, is like in Fallout 3 where having ten thousand caps was a ton of money. In New Vegas, ten thousand caps is nowhere near a fortune, that's one gun. One very overpriced and old gun.

Exactly my reasoning as well Sleepy on gore. If it's not so common someone's head just exploded, when someone's head does explode, or limb get blown off, it means so much more to the player. Instead of "This guy just got shot" it's "Holy shit, you got f'ed up!"
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum