Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD

+21
Jagdgeschwader
T REDD262
B Mane65
Masta Shef
eaustinn36
VINCIEHALO
BLACK SNOW 13
HoodedNalec
INC Dalton
Made in Finland
x1 Thanatos 1x
KZ Powned
Czechmate24
TerrorOps
MrKurt2012
ABigSoggy Wafle
Namorg
AjpimpcycleV2
Spiderman
M3LA
DeadApe
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD

Post  DeadApe 11th January 2010, 4:09 pm

As if you hadn't already figured this out Treyarch will be released their Vietnam Call of Duty game in the fall. The release date is supposed to be exactly a year after the release of MW2 so we can look for it in November.

Is anybody else getting tired of these Call of Duty games? I know I am not the only one who thought that World At War was crap. Although Infinity Ward isn't the creator of these B-list Call of Duty games I can't help but feel that they are selling out by letting the rights to their series get abused. Although its probaly Activisions call anyway. Eventually, if not already these games are going to end up being a franchise driven into the dirt like Silent Hill or Sonic The Hedgehog.

I figure that if they try hard enough they can save this series, or prevent its inevitable "TBHCODLA" status.

1. Perks. The perk system was a fantastic idea in COD4. It was simple and didn't confuse anybody. The best perks (minus Dead Silence) were given at the start of the game so you were not destroyed if you weren't a high level. At the moment, MW2 players have to deal with being completely vulernerable to all air support, heart beat monitors, and UAV's for about 20+ levels. And the pro perks? Either make the perk system simpler or get rid of it all together. If we are dealing with pre-modern warfare games like World War scenarios or Vietnam or God knows the Civil War, perks and equipment shouldn't be an option. Stop giving the players a piggy back and give them a standard issue rifle and see who ends up with the best shot. Remember when using a sniper rifle involved being good at sniping? Neither do I.

2. Lag. I dont have this problem in any other FPS except Call of Duty. It's not player connection, its server speed and quality. I dont care what the other guy see's on his screen, if I shoot my gun and bullets come out, I better see it on the killcam. Fix your servers and improve bullet registry.

3. Glitches. Why the hell does this game have so many exploits? BETA test your game before you release it. Whats the point of being able to prestige if half the community who does it just cheats their way up anyway? When I join a team deathmatch server, make sure its team deathmatch and not "faster than the speed of light deathmatch."

4. Unrealism. I understand that the game is not a simulation. But it doesn't have to be completely fake either. Leave duel-wielding to Halo 3, or if your going to do it, get rid of unrealistic combinations like duel lever action shotguns (How the hell do you reload that?!) At least give us some sort of reloading animation for it that makes sense. Another thing that needs to be fixed are disappearing projectiles. Bullets/grenades/rockets should all keep traveling and damage even if the shooter is shot. All other shooters are up to par with this "double kill" feature, get with the times.

5. Killstreaks. MW2 is fought solely with killstreaks. The main strategy in most gametypes is to camp to earn chopper gunners (which are more deadly than the AC-130) and eventually lead to a nuke. Nobody wants to join a game and get instantly killed by a harrier on wasteland. Remember back in COD4 when the 7 killstreak helicopter was the highest possible killstreak? It was a challenge to get. Now people are getting 25 killstreaks because their previous killstreaks are doing all the work. I wonder what we would see if we tallied up the total number of air support kills verse actual player kills.

6. Back to basics. This one is basically a summary of everything I have pointed out. Get rid of all the shiny equipment that ruins this game. Games like this should depend solely on player skill. Your doing good? Congratulations you get rewarded by your 7 kills, not by getting a high powered assault jet to help you out, you clearly dont need it.

So in conclusion, please Infinity Ward/Treyarch/Activision, start over. Bigger does not always mean better.

Last edited by DeadApe on 8th December 2010, 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty Re: Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD

Post  M3LA 11th January 2010, 4:21 pm

Yeah im getting tired of this shit.Tired of modern warfare.But ill give this" Call of duty:Jungle bullshit" a chance to impress me.Mw2 was a big disappointment.I wish they would do Call of duty:Winter war game.
M3LA
M3LA
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD Empty Re: Call of Duty: Vietnam & How to Fix COD

Post  Spiderman 11th January 2010, 5:36 pm

Inifinity Ward gave us the good call of dutys. Treyarch gave us the shit ones. The newest infinity ward COD was somewhat dissapointing. The newest Treyarch game wil be unbelievable shitty and chalk full of everyone favorite people, 9 yr olds. I'll pass on this one.
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  AjpimpcycleV2 11th January 2010, 7:15 pm

ya its really annoying in MW2 when u just get spawn killed by a kill streak or even a player.ive had it where i die and spawn right back in the same spot where i just get mowed down again.Also the extreme cheapy-ness of some guns (FAMAS).I know that there to help the new players so they don't get totally messed up but come on when theres a lvl 70 still using it theres something really wrong with that,and the biggest porblem is theres so much hype and dedicated fans to these games that people will wait until midnight so they can be the first ones to get it,this then makes the game companies think they have something great when they really don't.I am for sure gunna give vietnam a try but ill probly rent it first unlike what i did for WAW and MW2
AjpimpcycleV2
AjpimpcycleV2
I don't miss.

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 11th January 2010, 7:59 pm

I had friends complain in cod 4 because it was too easy to rank up and prestige. then when cod mw2 came out they started shield boosting and shit just so they can prestige faster.
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 11th January 2010, 8:17 pm

DeadApe wrote:Remember when using a sniper rifle involved being good at sniping? Neither do I.

Remember when sniping meant you used your scope? Remember when you had to be good at aiming to get a kill? Remember when lying down was used to improve accuracy and not completely duck out of any line of fire, leaving the attacker completely vulnerable?

Remember when Call of Duty used to be fun? Neither do I.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  AjpimpcycleV2 11th January 2010, 8:35 pm

Namorg wrote:I had friends complain in cod 4 because it was too easy to rank up and prestige. then when cod mw2 came out they started shield boosting and shit just so they can prestige faster.
wow that really defeates the purpose of the game.They made it harder and longer to lvl up so the game would last longer not so you would have to boost more to get there.one of my friends boost and we always bug the shit out of him and it really annoys him and eventually he stop lol.You should try the same with your friend
AjpimpcycleV2
AjpimpcycleV2
I don't miss.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 12th January 2010, 3:18 pm

Namorg wrote:I had friends complain in cod 4 because it was too easy to rank up and prestige. then when cod mw2 came out they started shield boosting and shit just so they can prestige faster.

Your friends sound like the boosters I rape on free for all that are all little kids who do not know how to play.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 12th January 2010, 4:38 pm

I played COD4 hardcore search yesterday with a bunch of friends. It was like a breath of fresh air. That game still reigns king.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  TerrorOps 12th January 2010, 5:13 pm

In my opinion, they have given us "too much" to work with. sure its nice to have rockets and a claymore or something like that, but really?

There are certain tactics that require complete different set up. Trieing to kill someone who has a riot shield and commando + light weight etc is virtually impossible from anywhere except for from behind or the side.

My opinion? Set the game up differently, almost entirely.

You can keep all of your attachments if it means keeping players, but I say cut 1 perk out. This give a better shot at equality. I.E if you're gonna have light weight and marathon, having ninja shouldn't be, or commando. You can't have your cake and eat it to & that isn't what this game has given us. You can pretty much have an "ultimate setup" so to speak. IF you have a chopper gunner or AC 130, you should only be allowed 2 kill streaks.
Take out care package major air support, nothing over stealth bomber. This take the "luck" factor of getting that amazing care package by chance and winning the game.

I'm not one to say "oh i don't want that 3 kill streak AC130" but it becomes ridiculous fighting thing their are no stopping for.

After this major air support is gone people won't use missiles as often leaving things like shot guns and pistols more use. Akimbo shot gun should be removed.

The simple fact is that IW has let this game give any player the chance to be a star and use some ridiculous perk setup + kill streak and just have a supreme rule.

Getting back to the 2 perk idea, it would be great. This gives players a less all around aspect taking away full and or total success based solely on perks.
TerrorOps
TerrorOps

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 12th January 2010, 5:17 pm

Honestly chuck I never thought of that. But you make a great point. In the old game you could be a sniper, stealthy, use heavy machine guns and be loud, use demolitions, or w.e you wanted. But you couldn't be two of anything. You had to pick. Now in this game there are so many things you can add to your class. If you want you can make a stealthy sniper class that uses a silenced LMG and have a javelin and claymores to back you up.

They need to make it so you have to choose your perks wisely, maybe getting rid of a perk would help that.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  TerrorOps 12th January 2010, 5:20 pm

DeadApe wrote:Honestly chuck I never thought of that. But you make a great point. In the old game you could be a sniper, stealthy, use heavy machine guns and be loud, use demolitions, or w.e you wanted. But you couldn't be two of anything. You had to pick. Now in this game there are so many things you can add to your class. If you want you can make a stealthy sniper class that uses a silenced LMG and have a javelin and claymores to back you up.

They need to make it so you have to choose your perks wisely, maybe getting rid of a perk would help that.

Exactly. For me 2 walk up on a sniper & get shit on is ridiculous. If you are a sniper, you should not be turning around and be putting a shotgun shell in my head. a Pistol is fine, but to have some rediculous arsenal just pisses me off.

For example i found it better that in CoD4 if you did overkill, you couldn't have stopping power & have an overpowered gillie suit bandit with and smg.

There are 2 many aspects given. Taking out a perk slot would be key.
TerrorOps
TerrorOps

Back to top Go down

Post  Czechmate24 13th January 2010, 12:33 am

I played MW2 alot, and I was always wondering why people stopped playing it, but i guess i finnaly got bored of it a couple of weeks ago. It just gets anoying with these gay classes, acog snipers, tatical knifes, 1887s, etc. I think all they can do now is just make the game more realistic. Make a better health system, make guns more realistic, like stoping power, bullet penetration, recoil, etc. Then add bullet drop and make sniping alot harder and realistic. Make the game more about skill, teamwork, and experience instead of explioting the best perks and make mulitplayer seem like a battleflied, not some kind of friendly paintball get together.

I think my next competivite first person shooter is going to have to be Bad Company 2. Just from the videos, the action looks intense, I what that, "holy shit, this is crazy" fealing in a game, and I dont think I ever got that in MW2. I think we can have some cool moments in that game as a whole party, and actualy play tactiful unlike COD.
Czechmate24
Czechmate24
I dismember Zombies slowly

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 13th January 2010, 2:17 am

could we go back to cod 4 zombies
just for like a night to remember the good ol' days

god i miss zeds in cod
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 13th January 2010, 5:01 pm

Czechmate24 wrote:I played MW2 alot, and I was always wondering why people stopped playing it, but i guess i finnaly got bored of it a couple of weeks ago. It just gets anoying with these gay classes, acog snipers, tatical knifes, 1887s, etc. I think all they can do now is just make the game more realistic. Make a better health system, make guns more realistic, like stoping power, bullet penetration, recoil, etc. Then add bullet drop and make sniping alot harder and realistic. Make the game more about skill, teamwork, and experience instead of explioting the best perks and make mulitplayer seem like a battleflied, not some kind of friendly paintball get together.

I think my next competivite first person shooter is going to have to be Bad Company 2. Just from the videos, the action looks intense, I what that, "holy shit, this is crazy" fealing in a game, and I dont think I ever got that in MW2. I think we can have some cool moments in that game as a whole party, and actualy play tactiful unlike COD.

Yea I agree that mw2 doesnt have like those "holy shit" moments. Hopefully BC 2 will be good.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 13th January 2010, 6:08 pm

Dont know about you guys,but i think enemy ac-130's and enemy team full of dudes with riot shields are kinda "holy shit" moments.But yeah Bf has more of 'em.
M3LA
M3LA

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 13th January 2010, 6:50 pm

Its more like "holy shit" I guess I'll stay in side for the next 60 seconds or, "holy shit" I cant kill these guys this is gay.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  x1 Thanatos 1x 13th January 2010, 11:52 pm

I've sort of adapted to MW2, not saying that it's better than CoD4 but I think it's the fact that they overload you with things that makes me want to vote for MW2 rather than CoD4 which should not be the case.

Something I seem to notice during a match is that the leading player always seems to have One Man Army on. This seems, to me, to be the most unrealistic perk there is in the game. I don't believe I need to explain why...

I agree that they need to make the game more realistic. I may get flamed for this but, I believe you should automatically be able to equip more than one tactical equipment if your weapon supports it instead of having to unlock the "bling" perk. Also, make perks do minor things, not outrages things like "increase penis size 10 inches."

It can still be an arcade shooter but the game seriously needs more refinement.

Also, I'm not too keen on BFBC2 if it's anything like the first, too many people camp in vehicles and you can never get a kill...
x1 Thanatos 1x
x1 Thanatos 1x
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 14th January 2010, 4:36 pm

Play Call of Duty 2
No perks - No problems
100% skill
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 14th January 2010, 5:19 pm

x1 Thanatos 1x wrote:I've sort of adapted to MW2, not saying that it's better than CoD4 but I think it's the fact that they overload you with things that makes me want to vote for MW2 rather than CoD4 which should not be the case.

Something I seem to notice during a match is that the leading player always seems to have One Man Army on. This seems, to me, to be the most unrealistic perk there is in the game. I don't believe I need to explain why...

I agree that they need to make the game more realistic. I may get flamed for this but, I believe you should automatically be able to equip more than one tactical equipment if your weapon supports it instead of having to unlock the "bling" perk. Also, make perks do minor things, not outrages things like "increase penis size 10 inches."

It can still be an arcade shooter but the game seriously needs more refinement.

Also, I'm not too keen on BFBC2 if it's anything like the first, too many people camp in vehicles and you can never get a kill...

Just like you said, MW2 is an arcade shooter. I never feel in danger because of the perks. I find the whole perk system to be a bit over zealous.(I do find some to be nice but, most of them just are annoying.) I feel like I am just mindlessly running around to the same 3 spots trying to kill the dick with the akimbo shot guns. The guns are also just blatantly ridiculous. When I first saw the new guns I thought CoD4 with better graphics and guns. Now I see snipers with side arms that even Tony Montana wouldn't even have the balls to use. I just miss shooters where you always had the lower hand. You had nothing but your rifle and a side arm to use in emergencies.
My personal reason as to why I have hopes for BFBC2 is a squad system. If the maps are big, maybe you could have your team split into squads forced to either find your teammates or go straight into enemy fire. This is the only game I see that would be able to pull this off well.
In any case, MW2 just doesn't have that"spark" any more for me.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 15th January 2010, 1:24 am

Made in Finland wrote:Play Call of Duty 2
No perks - No problems
100% skill
Thats the answer. There was no gay noob tubes or martydom. There was a gun without attachments, a pistol, a grenade or two, and a smoke grenade if you were lucky. AND IT WORKED. Its still one of my favorite games.
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 15th January 2010, 1:25 am

Yea its a great game. I dont play it though because I dont have it anymore, and there is no sprint button.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 15th January 2010, 12:38 pm

DeadApe wrote:Yea its a great game. I dont play it though because I dont have it anymore, and there is no sprint button.
Oh yeah, sprinting. The only (?) good thing the new Call of Duty's have added. Though some CoD2 servers have that too...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 15th January 2010, 5:27 pm

Yea we were talking about this yesterday on LIVE. Mad freaky...
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  INC Dalton 15th January 2010, 5:30 pm

My idea on this whole shit would be just take the cheap shit away :/
INC Dalton
INC Dalton
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum