Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews

+8
Cry Vengeance
Spiderman
Czechmate24
El Mexi Can 915
bman4782
MrKurt2012
Zomando
DeadApe
12 posters

Go down

AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews

Post  DeadApe 9th February 2010, 7:16 pm

Just got the newest Game Informer. I never really trust Game Informers reviews, they are usually too light. I remember they gave the wheelman like an 8.5. Heres the breakdown

AvP - 5.75. Ouch.
-Marine campaign is repetitive. "Flashlight is as good as lighting up corners as a laser pointer would be for reading a newspaper in the dark."
-Predator campaign too boring and linear.
-"The alien campaign plays like a combination of the other two. Like the preadator campaign, it has a stealth focus, and like the marine campaign, it sucks."
- " Some gamers might appreciate how all three races can go head-to-head in online deathmatch but nothing else about multiplayer feels fresh and many of the single player problems, such as the frustrating alien controls carry over." This part I dont really think is a big deal. It seems that this is exactly what the people who want this game are looking foward to.

BFBC2 - 9.5
- Not going to quote anything, I skimmed through it, basically they praise everything and say it rivals MW2.

Heavy Rain - 9.5
- Best looking graphics to date, although I am not really impressed by the character modesl from screenshots. They look awkward.
- I can give a more in depth look atthe review later if you want but I have to go now Smile

Enjoy.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews Empty Re: AvP, BFBC 2, Heavy Rain Reviews

Post  Zomando 9th February 2010, 7:28 pm

5.75? Wow, that's weird. Everyone seemed really excited about AvP, too..
Zomando
Zomando
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 9th February 2010, 7:36 pm

I don't understand game informers thought process I had as much fun with the avp demo as I did with the bfbc2 demo maybe its just some people like how the game plays and others don't. This does not affect me at all because I can use my own brain to make up what games I like or not just because a magazine says its bad does not matter I like db raging blast and everyone hated that guess some people do not like certain games.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  bman4782 9th February 2010, 7:40 pm

DeadApe wrote:Just got the newest Game Informer. I never really trust Game Informers reviews, they are usually too light. I remember they gave the wheelman like an 8.5. Heres the breakdown

AvP - 5.75. Ouch.
-Marine campaign is repetitive. "Flashlight is as good as lighting up corners as a laser pointer would be for reading a newspaper in the dark."
-Predator campaign too boring and linear.
-"The alien campaign plays like a combination of the other two. Like the preadator campaign, it has a stealth focus, and like the marine campaign, it sucks."
- " Some gamers might appreciate how all three races can go head-to-head in online deathmatch but nothing else about multiplayer feels fresh and many of the single player problems, such as the frustrating alien controls carry over." This part I dont really think is a big deal. It seems that this is exactly what the people who want this game are looking foward to.

i should get that game.

BFBC2 - 9.5
- Not going to quote anything, I skimmed through it, basically they praise everything and say it rivals MW2.

Heavy Rain - 9.5
- Best looking graphics to date, although I am not really impressed by the character modesl from screenshots. They look awkward.
- I can give a more in depth look atthe review later if you want but I have to go now Smile

Enjoy.

bman4782
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 9th February 2010, 8:27 pm

I would not trust Game Informer's reviews so just wait till more reviews come out. AvP is gonna get like an 8.5 or 9. This is why I don't really rely on reviews cuz for ex. I could give uncharted 2 a 5/10 bit I'd be wrong.
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 9th February 2010, 8:39 pm

El Mexi Can 915 wrote:I would not trust Game Informer's reviews so just wait till more reviews come out. AvP is gonna get like an 8.5 or 9. This is why I don't really rely on reviews cuz for ex. I could give uncharted 2 a 5/10 bit I'd be wrong.

Exactly It all really depends on the reviewer and what people like. Lets say alot of people loved halo 3 and it got like a 9 or 10 or something and lets say I did not like it I could give it a 5 for saying it got repetive to me it all really depends on the person some people will not like games other people like even though it got a good review such as cod mw2 im sure alot of people might not of liked mw2 but it still got a good review and was fun to other people. I do not know if you guys can understand how Im thinking but I like games like avp even though others may not , I know i am making it kinda confusing here but maybe some of you understand what Im getting at.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Czechmate24 9th February 2010, 8:40 pm

I was going to buy AvP up until I read the review. I didnt really like the demo too much but everyone was telling me the game was going to be alot better. It looks like its going the be the same thing in the final version. People abusing heavy attacks and assassination moves etc. No doubt playing team deathmatch with a bunch of friends will be fun, but paying $60 bucks for only that mode because everything else is boring, is not worth it. I always had the fealing that this game was going to end up like every other movie based game, but I really thought this was going to be different, guess my fealings were right. Not a buy for me. On the other hand, BFBC2, definitely a buy.

Ooo yea, here comes the defending on AvP.
Czechmate24
Czechmate24
I dismember Zombies slowly

Back to top Go down

Post  Czechmate24 9th February 2010, 8:45 pm

I liked Far cry 2, but I have to agree that it should only be around a 6. They didnt rate AvP a 5 because the reviewer doesnt like the franchise, face it, the game is not that good.
Czechmate24
Czechmate24
I dismember Zombies slowly

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 9th February 2010, 9:16 pm

Avp is not a movie based game for one it is a follow up from rebellions 1999 classic avp and another it is fine for you not to like it you have your taste in games as do I. I also can say that battefield to me will get boring and is not a buy for me . I did not like the first one and I can name many problems for battlefield as well no one is forcing you to buy avp ,I for one found it fun others may not. Everyone has their own opinion on games I can understand there are some problems with avp but they too me are not major I will have fun regardless I hope you will too with whatever game you play or buy its up to you.

Basically to be quite frank to me it will be a fun and enjoyable game and also for many others as well and to some they will not like it and they will complain about linearity, balance and other things I can make up my own mind of whats fun and what is not. And just because some random person reviews it and says it bad does not mean it will not be fun for me. So I really do not care if anyone else buys it or plays it because as long as I have fun the game has completed its goal. No one here can agree completely on one thing everyone has their preferences I do not want to argue with anyone if you do not like the review or the game do not buy it that is all. I respect you anyway and I hope you respect me too I do not want to flame anyone on what they like we all are different. I am not trying to convince anyone to buy avp or any other game I am simply stating you yourself can not speak for everyone else we all have different interests and likings.

Here is a nice article

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/aliens-vs-predator/pc/game-features/aliens-vs-predator-multiplayer-impressions/

Also Oxm uk gave avp a 8 out of 10.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234150

Last edited by Fattyboy122 on 9th February 2010, 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 9th February 2010, 10:02 pm

Yea honestly I don't care when someone doesn't agree with me on a game I like, but I do get pissed when you base a game on a review. And the game isn't even out yet.
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 9th February 2010, 10:11 pm

El Mexi Can 915 wrote:Yea honestly I don't care when someone doesn't agree with me on a game I like, but I do get pissed when you base a game on a review. And the game isn't even out yet.
lolwut
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 9th February 2010, 10:15 pm

Lol Knoxville I can't believe u just said lol wat!! You're sooo funny lol really lol
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 9th February 2010, 10:16 pm

u mad
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 9th February 2010, 10:18 pm

Czechmate24 wrote:I was going to buy AvP up until I read the review. I didnt really like the demo too much but everyone was telling me the game was going to be alot better. It looks like its going the be the same thing in the final version. People abusing heavy attacks and assassination moves etc. No doubt playing team deathmatch with a bunch of friends will be fun, but paying $60 bucks for only that mode because everything else is boring, is not worth it. I always had the fealing that this game was going to end up like every other movie based game, but I really thought this was going to be different, guess my fealings were right. Not a buy for me. On the other hand, BFBC2, definitely a buy.

Ooo yea, here comes the defending on AvP.

Your such a fucking robot.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zombieslayer67 9th February 2010, 10:20 pm

these guys are professional reviewers and know what they are talking about. i hated the avp demo all it was was waiting for people to assassinate then assassinating them. its probably not gonna be good, they said the campaigns are bad and you dont know how good they are you didnt play them. battlefield 2 looks good, like a way better call of duty.
Zombieslayer67
Zombieslayer67
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 9th February 2010, 10:27 pm

I had a lot of fun with BC2. While it featured only one level, I've played it over and over because it was alot of fun.

I was sorta disappointed with AvP, I didn't really like the stage that was used. It was really small and I hated that it was an 8 person deathmatch. I'll wait like usual until more reviews come out for it, specifically from Gametrailers and X-Play.

I don't see how you can't base a game upon a review. A review is made for the intentions of helping out the gamer. If you want to go blindly into buying a game just because you think it's gonna be awesome or because you played a demo that doesn't represent the full game then more power to you. But, please, don't get upset when others avoid a game because it has gotten terrible reviews.

If some of us didn't follow reviews then maybe we might have purchased Darkest of Days.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 9th February 2010, 10:33 pm

Yea slacker let me rephrase what I said, you shouldn't base a game on 1 review. Now if a game gets a 5 from lots of reviews then it most likely does suck
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 9th February 2010, 10:40 pm

El Mexi Can 915 wrote:Yea slacker let me rephrase what I said, you shouldn't base a game on 1 review. Now if a game gets a 5 from lots of reviews then it most likely does suck

Alright, fair enough.

Wouldn't base my opinion of a game off of one review. Metacritic is also a good way to figure out if the game is good or not because it averages the scores of all the reviews on a particular game, movie, etc.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 9th February 2010, 11:41 pm

So true. I bought Mercs. 2 and I don't find it to be half bad.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 10th February 2010, 1:28 am

Yea honestly whether or not you agree on my view about reviews that guy from game informer sounded like he played the game for like 10 mins. And come on even if a game gets bad reviews it doesn't mean someone's not gonna like it. Im sure everyone has at least one game they liked that others didn't.
Anyways I know I'm gonna have fun along with plenty of other open minded gamers so I can't wait.
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  NegativeHUNTER 10th February 2010, 4:37 am

WTF Dead Ape you got your issue already, I'm still waiting for mine they always give me mine late.
NegativeHUNTER
NegativeHUNTER
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down