Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Bioshock 2 Review Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Bioshock 2 Review Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Bioshock 2 Review Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Bioshock 2 Review Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Bioshock 2 Review Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Bioshock 2 Review Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Bioshock 2 Review Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Bioshock 2 Review Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Bioshock 2 Review Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Bioshock 2 Review Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Bioshock 2 Review Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Bioshock 2 Review Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Bioshock 2 Review

+4
DeadApe
AaUndeadMarine
M3LA
ABigSoggy Wafle
8 posters

Go down

Bioshock 2 Review Empty Bioshock 2 Review

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 14th February 2010, 7:13 am

Overview: The new installment in the well known title places you in a time setting before the first one. You are one of the older Big Daddy models in the campaign and in multilayer you are a splicer, killing any and everything in site for the precious little sisters. In the campaign you are thrown into a perfect example of Darwinism as you fight to stay alive.

Gameplay: It takes some getting used to, but the controls are solid and don't force you to make massive strides across the controller just to change a plasmid or weapon. The game shows its weak spot occasionally but, for the most part it runs smooth and pretty. The campaign is just what you would expect with a few changes here and there. Nearly all of those changes were for the better. However, the drawback I see most predominate is the storyline. It didn't really answer much and I kind of felt betrayed like I just watched the season finally of Lost. Maybe the developers have something in mind but, I felt gypped in that sense.

Multiplayer: I bet your are expecting some bash on the multiplayer, especially if you saw the interviews. Let me assure you, though, the multiplayer plays beautifully. It is unique with the spawning of Big Daddy suits to hacking of torrents and vending machines but, has the same fast pace like many great FPS's today. You can customize your character and load outs like most games. You choose from 2 different plasmids, 3 different "perks" and 2 different guns, each with its own extra ability to be unlocked. It has you standard Team Deathmatch to its own gametype in which you must hold a little sister as long as you can before getting shot down by the other team. Surprisingly the multiplayer didn't feel corny nor poorly built. Plasmids act as a deadly but, not over powering asset to your arsenal. The three things I found to be most creative were the ability to hack vending machines (which give you EVE and ammo but, if hacked it drops a deadly grenade), the Big Daddy suit (it spawns rarely and it requires players to search for it rather than giving it to the winning team. It makes games unpredictable on who is going to win or lose.) which allows you to plow down enemies if in the right hands, and the research corpses feature (this allows you to get a bonus off of a dead enemy so that next time you face them, you deal out more damage. It loses its effect when the player studied kills the person who researched him) which doesn't add too much edge but, usually enough to get you ahead of enemies.

Graphics: It basically looks like Bioshock with a few touch ups here and there. This isn't a bad thing but, it isn't giving a compliment either. For my preferences, it looks way to shiny and made the game feel less edgy than it would with a bit sharper and more gritty look.

Final Score: 95/100 The game is a well design sequel to the famous Bioshock. The game felt like a bit of an add-on but, when you make something that works, why mess with it. The creative and addicting gameplay for both campaign and multiplayer really pulls this game up there. It is a refreshing FPS that takes some great aspects and builds upon them to create a better feel for the game. The only drawback was mainly the story line. It felt nice to get a base of what had happen to Rapture but, it doesn't help that the gap between the two kind of left some things unknown.

I would say at least rent it. This is a game that throws some great new aspects to an old favorite. The multiplayer alone would get you hooked.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Bioshock 2 Review Empty Re: Bioshock 2 Review

Post  M3LA 14th February 2010, 7:25 am

Awesome,awesome review.Makes me wanna buy this game.
M3LA
M3LA

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 14th February 2010, 2:33 pm

in my gamefly GameQ. should get it in a month or so its below mass effect 2 and dante's inferno
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 14th February 2010, 3:31 pm

Good review. If anything Im more interested in the multiplayer than the singleplayer. I heard the story doesnt even touch the first one.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 9th March 2010, 1:57 pm

I made it.What you think?
M3LA
M3LA

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 9th March 2010, 2:26 pm

i wouldn't suggest buying it. The single player was OK at best, the main villain was never even mentioned in the first game to my knowledge. The fact that i am a big daddy means almost nothing as i have like a tenth of the health and a quarter or the fire power as a real one. The only gun i found useful was the rivet gun (the first or second one you find i think). The big sisters attack you for saving little sister for some weird reason. By the end level i didn't even bother messing with the big daddies because it is more trouble than its worth, i only needed two of the plasmids throughout the entire game (electricity and decoy), and the stupidest thing of all i s that i killed the very first little sister and saved about 7 or 8 others and i get the evil ending, well fuck that, im a good man, i busted my ass saving those ungrateful brats.

Multiplayer i only played once or twice, i didn't care for it.

Over all i didn't think there needed to be a squeal for Bio-shock, but at least rent it if you liked the first one.

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 9th March 2010, 6:22 pm

agreed, i didnt like it. it seemed that alot of what i was doing in the campaign was pointless and I didnt like the idea of being a big daddy and not a human, especially one thats not even as strong as a real big daddy.
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  B Mane65 9th March 2010, 6:34 pm

i think the single player was playable, like it was okay but at points it became a drag. now the multiplayer is where its all about, it got me hooked for a while but then more games came out so i switched to them. overall i think this is a game to rent, solely for the multiplayer.
B Mane65
B Mane65
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 9th March 2010, 7:37 pm

i agree
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 9th March 2010, 11:38 pm

M3LA wrote:

I made it.What you think?

I think it was taken off of youtube for Copyright infringement. Razz
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 10th March 2010, 12:47 am

Really? I guess it just matters who you are.

I set it on the hardest difficulty and used hypnotize and scout most of the game but, I wasn't bent on beating it. I was more concerned on having as much fun as I did in the first one.

And the big daddies and enemies had lower health because you are the strongest of the strong. The big daddy.

MagicMan313 wrote:...the stupidest thing of all i s that i killed the very first little sister and saved about 7 or 8 others and i get the evil ending, well fuck that, im a good man, i busted my ass saving those ungrateful brats.

Oh please, Reverend MagicMan. If the outcome of the game was the same as being good, you would punt each of those little fuckers from the beginning of the game.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 10th March 2010, 12:53 am

that may be true, but i busted my ass saving them so i should get the ending i deserve.

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 10th March 2010, 1:03 am

So true. When they were gathering Adam, I died at least 200 times.

Doesn't matter. I still see the story being a mask over a pedophile's adventure fantasy. So in that sense, you are still evil no matter what. You always going to be rapeing "saving" them to work for you until the go out into the real world where they most likely become prostitutes due to their lack of experience in anything and your daughter give birth to a retarded child because, you were and still are, inside her.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 10th March 2010, 1:21 am

so yah this games a big NO for me. id say rent it but dont buy
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 10th March 2010, 2:06 am

Why exactly?
I found Assassins Creed to be an awful game because it was the same thing over and over again. I also found both Mass Effects to be more boring than watching a documentary of paint drying.
What is your reason?
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 10th March 2010, 4:18 am

Fuck You all this game was awesome!Single player just captured me inside its world.Multiplayer sucked ass though.Also meatshield,its blocked in some countries...
M3LA
M3LA

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 10th March 2010, 11:57 am

i guess w/e floats your boat.

zombie dude