Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories]

+19
eaustinn36
Meatshield718
NegativeHUNTER
Pwnisher James
Super Mega King
oO Coggy Oo
Made in Finland
A Groovy Tophat
Cry Vengeance
Bladewind23
xI SiL3NTSh0t
DeadApe
Masterofkills09
Froddoyo
BLACK SNOW 13
B Mane65
Garquin
Masta Shef
Snake4199
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories]

Post  Meatshield718 14th November 2010, 3:12 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
Meatshield718 wrote:It's not like the Finnish really "won". They signed a peace agreement because Russia had other things to do. Finland still ended up losing about thirty percent of their economy and a bit of land that buffered Russia. Stalin's "Great Purge" didn't exactly leave any experienced leadership, and tactics were horrible. The Finnish Ski units were pretty cool though, and it was still in favor of the U.S.S.R. to win.
Might you specify where exactly I used the word "won"?

If someone failed to invade and capture a country, you'd consider it a win right?
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories]

Post  eaustinn36 14th November 2010, 3:26 pm

Only war or army history in my family is WW2. Lot of relatives died. A few medals were won I think. Even though in some intances they didn't want to, my grandparents fought hard to protect their country... well... different country. Don't think anyone would want to hear any "vet" day stories from that.

I'm not going to say anymore.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 14th November 2010, 3:52 pm

I dont have any stories but one of my grandpas was in WWII. We have his medals (and just recently his purple heart). I know he was in the Pacific on a ship that got sunk and that he was a metal smith. He made this knife out of a Japanese propeller blade
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] - Page 2 WWIIKnife-1
My other grandpa was stationed in Alaska during the Korean War. He pretty much disposed of captured explosives and what not. He has some pretty funny stories but none I would like to mention.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 14th November 2010, 4:18 pm

Meatshield718 wrote:
Made in Finland wrote:Might you specify where exactly I used the word "won"?

If someone failed to invade and capture a country, you'd consider it a win right?
If that were the case, Finland would have won.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 14th November 2010, 6:03 pm

Froddoyo wrote:Pap served after ww2. 2 Uncles served in Nam. Dad Served in the Marines. I served in Iraq and can still serve in Iraq. I'm a Flight Engineer. Meaning I fly the planes in the Air Force.

juding by the way you act and talk on the forums, i'm gonna call you a dumbfuck liar..

well, my grandad, who is in fact still alive, was in the air force. He flew the large supply drop planes and i guess you could say came in with supply drops in hot zones. He flew them in WWII, and afterwords flew supplies in to the western side of germany I think? when the wall was built dividing germany. He flew in the vietnam, and korean, and was too old come persian gulf.. he was also shot down by people who he was sworn to secrecy of saying after WWII (he is allowed to say it now, it was Iraqi's, at the time it was kept secret to avoid war).. the crash broke his back and he made it out, and eventually went back. he has a purple heart now obviously, and many other medals he has locked away.
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazio117 14th November 2010, 6:45 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:Only war or army history in my family is WW2. Lot of relatives died. A few medals were won I think. Even though in some intances they didn't want to, my grandparents fought hard to protect their country... well... different country. Don't think anyone would want to hear any "vet" day stories from that.

I'm not going to say anymore.
Actually it's quite interesting hearing things from a different angle, Many German troops didn't even want to fight but had no choice, There is an interesting documentary about WWII from a pilot in the German forces he spoke about how hard it was to know that he was dropping bombs on innocents, They had no choice, Just like our men didn't have a choice If they'd have turned around and said no, There families would have been deported and you'd end up in jail. If you did decide to fight to avoid this and then said you refuse to fight, Your own men would have killed you.

Cazio117
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  BoomerSooner742 14th November 2010, 8:22 pm

From what i understand my grandpa was in the marines in the 60's and was involved in the Bay of Pigs. But he was on a ship waiting and i dont think he saw fighting and my other granpa died in some war.
BoomerSooner742
BoomerSooner742
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 15th November 2010, 8:22 am

Never really have heard "vet" stories from my granpa(never actually even seen him coz he left us) or anything.There was just this one time when I was waiting with my friend for a bus to arrive there was a veteran who sat next to us.My friend said hello,and then he immediately started talking bout winter war.He said that russians were thrown out of planes without parachutes because parachutes were more expensive than their lives.And he killed many russians.Thats about it.I would have loved to hear more war stories from him though but then the bus arrived.
M3LA
M3LA

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 15th November 2010, 8:23 am

lol would it not be easier to land then??

I don't think their lives for sercing their country are worth anything plummeting to the ground at 120mph
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 15th November 2010, 8:33 am

AaUndeadMarine wrote:lol would it not be easier to land then??

I don't think their lives for sercing their country are worth anything plummeting to the ground at 120mph

Land?Where the hell are you gonna land?
M3LA
M3LA

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum