Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories]

+19
eaustinn36
Meatshield718
NegativeHUNTER
Pwnisher James
Super Mega King
oO Coggy Oo
Made in Finland
A Groovy Tophat
Cry Vengeance
Bladewind23
xI SiL3NTSh0t
DeadApe
Masterofkills09
Froddoyo
BLACK SNOW 13
B Mane65
Garquin
Masta Shef
Snake4199
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories]

Post  Snake4199 11th November 2010, 8:41 pm

Alright since noone really notices this I'm posting that it is veterans day.
Now share a story that a veteran may have told you or even a person who remembers anything about a past war. I'll tell mine

My grandfather was out in the Philippines as a POW and he saw a pregnant woman get shot by a Japanese officer because she didn't get off the street in time. (Story doesn't have to be that brutal)
Snake4199
Snake4199

Back to top Go down

It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty Re: It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories]

Post  Masta Shef 11th November 2010, 9:36 pm

Back in Nam' I saw that shit everyday, but you wouldn't know, you had be there man
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] Empty Re: It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories]

Post  Garquin 11th November 2010, 9:40 pm

DAMN YOu masta shef I was gonna right a huge diary page about vietnam

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  B Mane65 11th November 2010, 9:40 pm

Well my dads uncle fought in WW2, on the front lines, he saw the brutal stuff, his friends dying, etc, im not gonna go into detail. Also my grandpa, who died last year, served as a merchant marine in WW2 (hauled weapon cargo on those big ships the enemy planes would attack). Finally my uncle, who is alive today, currently works on a secret task force in the US, his job is basically protecting afghan officials and embassy officials. He also, before he became apart of the secret task force, was a sniper in afghanistan. I don't really care if one of you thinks im bullshitting, cause im not.
B Mane65
B Mane65
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 11th November 2010, 9:41 pm

Went to the veteran home today and talk with a WWII vet. Felt so gracious that he served the country.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake4199 11th November 2010, 9:56 pm

CiTRiCzReVeNg3 wrote: Also my grandpa, who died last year, served as a merchant marine in WW2 (hauled weapon cargo on those big ships the enemy planes would attack)

Don't forget the U-Boats
Snake4199
Snake4199

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 11th November 2010, 10:50 pm

Snake4199 wrote:
CiTRiCzReVeNg3 wrote: Also my grandpa, who died last year, served as a merchant marine in WW2 (hauled weapon cargo on those big ships the enemy planes would attack)

Don't forget the U-Boats
And battleships.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Froddoyo 11th November 2010, 10:52 pm

Pap served after ww2. 2 Uncles served in Nam. Dad Served in the Marines. I served in Iraq and can still serve in Iraq. I'm a Flight Engineer. Meaning I fly the planes in the Air Force.

Froddoyo
Hipshot Honcho

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterofkills09 11th November 2010, 10:58 pm

My sister has been serving in the army for the last five years and has been on two tours of iraq.

Also my bro has been in the Airforce for the last 10 years (I think), flying those big cargo planes everywhere around the world.
Masterofkills09
Masterofkills09
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 11th November 2010, 11:27 pm

Rainbow Man wrote:My sister has been serving in the army for the last five years and has been on two tours of iraq.

Also my bro has been in the Airforce for the last 10 years (I think), flying those big cargo planes everywhere around the world.
Damn yo

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 12th November 2010, 2:14 am

Froddoyo wrote:Pap served after ww2. 2 Uncles served in Nam. Dad Served in the Marines. I served in Iraq and can still serve in Iraq. I'm a Flight Engineer. Meaning I fly the planes in the Air Force.

you i dont believe
Rainbow Man wrote:My sister has been serving in the army for the last five years and has been on two tours of iraq.

Damn didnt know that. So you got a military family, whats that mean for you?
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  xI SiL3NTSh0t 12th November 2010, 2:19 am

Well Military has been in my family a lot and for a long time. On my moms side my great grandpa was in WWII and was at Pearl harbor when it was attacked and he is still a live and doing good and my grandpa fought in Vietnam and had a bullet fly pasted his head and cut a piece off the top of his ear. My Uncle live in German for a few year on a military base and had a couple of tours to Iraq and in that area until when he had a mental breakdown and went a little crazy(i can't think of the disease) from what he saw and did. And on my Dads side my Uncle was in the air force and he was a pilot of a Black Hawk and my cousin has been all over Europe and is still in Iraq from what i know.
xI SiL3NTSh0t
xI SiL3NTSh0t
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladewind23 12th November 2010, 2:46 am

My great great Uncle Dumbfuck got shot in the face in WW1 in No-Man's-Land.

Not Really

Actually, my grandfather was in Germany during the Cold War, my great grandfather was a sailor in World War 2, to my knowledge that's it but he may have been in Vietnam as well.

Bladewind23
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 12th November 2010, 3:06 am

Froddoyo wrote:Pap served after ww2. 2 Uncles served in Nam. Dad Served in the Marines. I served in Iraq and can still serve in Iraq. I'm a Flight Engineer. Meaning I fly the planes in the Air Force.

Pilots fly planes, not engineers.

Lying about serving in the Military is just lame bro.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 12th November 2010, 12:08 pm

My grandpa was a sharpshooter in WW2, he has shot once in the thigh and stabbed by a bayonet in the chest, then walked over a mile to get help at a camp ( i think it was a camp not 100% sure though ) . He also took out a whole platoon on Jap. soldiers by him self with his rifle. Down stairs we have all his medals he has 9. I never got to meet him because he passed away before i was born but we have all his war info with his medals.

It's Veterans Day! [Veteran Stories] 128746155378729563

the pic is just to add some laughs to this topic Neutral
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 12th November 2010, 12:24 pm

There was this little thing where Russia attacked us with 1'500'000 men and failed to invade... no big deal really, but pretty much everyone is in some way related to someone who fought in that war because pretty much every man fit to fight was in arms.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  oO Coggy Oo 12th November 2010, 2:04 pm

A gang of Muslim extremists interrupted the remembrance service for war veterans in England. They wrote "British soldiers burn in hell" and "Allah protects us, who protects you?" on banners and burnt poppies. Crazy shit.
oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 12th November 2010, 6:01 pm

My Grandfather got some incredible commendation during the Korean War. My Dad swears up and down it was the Medal of Honor. I'm not so sure. He has an incredible awards chest though, I've seen that.

From what my Dad tells me, the man ended up saving his platoon (which included a Congressman nowadays) from a Korean squad of some sort.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 12th November 2010, 6:04 pm

Super Mega King wrote:My Grandfather got some incredible commendation during the Korean War. My Dad swears up and down it was the Medal of Honor. I'm not so sure. He has an incredible awards chest though, I've seen that.

From what my Dad tells me, the man ended up saving his platoon (which included a Congressman nowadays) from a Korean squad of some sort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Korean_War_Medal_of_Honor_recipients

Just checked this. He didn't win the Medal of Honor, but he does have a great amount of accolades under his belt.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 13th November 2010, 12:59 am

Oh boy, the military and me. Well Im not gonna go into detail about myself, but I have spoken with many WW2 Vets as well as Korean Vets. I have also speaken to the ORIGINAL CANADIAN private Ryan. Who has so many fucken medals its not even funny, he became a pow at dieppe and was later rescued after the second raid. The only thing that sucks about this guy, is that he passed away before the summer. Such a brilliant fucking man...
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  NegativeHUNTER 13th November 2010, 2:25 am

Pwnisher James wrote:Oh boy, the military and me. Well Im not gonna go into detail about myself, but I have spoken with many WW2 Vets as well as Korean Vets. I have also speaken to the ORIGINAL CANADIAN private Ryan. Who has so many fucken medals its not even funny, he became a pow at dieppe and was later rescued after the second raid. The only thing that sucks about this guy, is that he passed away before the summer. Such a brilliant fucking man...

Damn wish I could have talked to some of those men. Ill be a marine soon, My cousin was a marine he died In Iraq b an IED God rest his soul.
NegativeHUNTER
NegativeHUNTER
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 14th November 2010, 5:20 am

Made in Finland wrote:There was this little thing where Russia attacked us with 1'500'000 men and failed to invade... no big deal really, but pretty much everyone is in some way related to someone who fought in that war because pretty much every man fit to fight was in arms.

It's not like the Finnish really "won". They signed a peace agreement because Russia had other things to do. Finland still ended up losing about thirty percent of their economy and a bit of land that buffered Russia. Stalin's "Great Purge" didn't exactly leave any experienced leadership, and tactics were horrible. The Finnish Ski units were pretty cool though, and it was still in favor of the U.S.S.R. to win.

Anyway. My Grandfather was a Glider Pilot in WWII. He ended up going behind lines landing the plane full of supplies in a random French field for the troops, and then taking shelter in one of the French home's until the ground troops radioed him and brought him back to base. My Grandmother still has his old sidearm in a chest with all of his medals, Flight Log, etc. He ended up becoming a Warrant Officer which was to my understanding, somewhat of a significant feat back in the 1940's.

Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 14th November 2010, 5:22 am

Meatshield718 wrote:
Made in Finland wrote:There was this little thing where Russia attacked us with 1'500'000 men and failed to invade... no big deal really, but pretty much everyone is in some way related to someone who fought in that war because pretty much every man fit to fight was in arms.

It's not like the Finnish really "won". They signed a peace agreement because Russia had other things to do. Finland still ended up losing about thirty percent of their economy and a bit of land that buffered Russia. Stalin's "Great Purge" didn't exactly leave any experienced leadership, and tactics were horrible. The Finnish Ski units were pretty cool though, and it was still in favor of the U.S.S.R. to win.

+1?
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 14th November 2010, 11:08 am

Meatshield718 wrote:It's not like the Finnish really "won". They signed a peace agreement because Russia had other things to do. Finland still ended up losing about thirty percent of their economy and a bit of land that buffered Russia. Stalin's "Great Purge" didn't exactly leave any experienced leadership, and tactics were horrible. The Finnish Ski units were pretty cool though, and it was still in favor of the U.S.S.R. to win.
Might you specify where exactly I used the word "won"?
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 14th November 2010, 11:54 am

Please don't get me involved...
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next