Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live?

+9
RedrumSalad
AaUndeadMarine
A Chaotic GOD
Made in Finland
MrKurt2012
A Groovy Tophat
Bladewind23
BLACK SNOW 13
x Swiftyy v
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live?

Post  x Swiftyy v 8th April 2011, 11:25 pm

Sometime next year, Microsoft will make available free-to-play (F2P) games through Xbox Live, a trusted source told IGN. This will allow publishers and developers to release games through the service for free where users can then purchase additional content, such as weapons, experience, in-game currency, and perks.

The F2P business model is traditionally used for massively multiplayer online games on PC, such as Vindictus and Dungeon Fighter Online from Nexon and League of Legends by Riot Games. Electronic Arts also began experimenting with a F2P model for shooters, including Battlefield Heroes in 2009 and more recently with Battlefield Play4Free, which is currently in open beta.

Joy Ride for Kinect was originally pegged as a F2P game for Xbox Live Gold and Free members when it was first unveiled at E3 2009. Game modes and environments were planned to be free. Customization options were going to cost Microsoft Points, however.

Source: http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/116/1160708p1.html

x Swiftyy v
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty Re: Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live?

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 8th April 2011, 11:33 pm

Sounds cool
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live? Empty Re: Free-To-Play Games coming to Xbox Live?

Post  x Swiftyy v 8th April 2011, 11:50 pm

+1 for the picture.

x Swiftyy v
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladewind23 9th April 2011, 1:20 am

about fucking time
Bladewind23
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 9th April 2011, 5:36 am

LOL at the pic BLACK SNOW.

Also, this is a good thing AND a bad thing. The things to buy are going to be WAYYYY over priced. However this may bring MMO to XBL!!!

Maybe one day.... maybe one day i can play 100+ player lobbies for CoD Wink
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 9th April 2011, 5:39 am

This could definately mean a release of the new free to play Apb on xbox if so that would be amazing and work perfectly.

[Look up apb its currently in its closed beta phase for pc and was revived as a ftp game]
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 9th April 2011, 7:56 am

Didn't they shut down the APB server because the game was a huge fail?

And if the F2P games work like LoL, where the only things you can't get by in-game currency are purely cosmetic (new skins etc.) then it's gonna be good as hell. If the games are completely unplayable to anyone who doesn't want to spend 1200 MS Points on a single gun for a free game, then it's gonna suck.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  A Chaotic GOD 9th April 2011, 10:14 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Under_Fire_2

http://kufii.com/ENG/

EPIC
A Chaotic GOD
A Chaotic GOD
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 9th April 2011, 10:49 am

RTS? On a console?

No thanks.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 9th April 2011, 11:24 am

why would F2P even be exciting to most of us?? I mean we already pay for Xbox live do we not?? its pretty much asking us to keep paying to play the games we like that wouldn't ever go into a F2P standpoint like CoD and then still have to pay for items in a game that is F2P
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 9th April 2011, 11:32 am

Made in Finland wrote:RTS? On a console?

No thanks.

+1

RTS's are for computer's Razz
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 9th April 2011, 1:49 pm

AaUndeadMarine wrote:why would F2P even be exciting to most of us?? I mean we already pay for Xbox live do we not?? its pretty much asking us to keep paying to play the games we like that wouldn't ever go into a F2P standpoint like CoD and then still have to pay for items in a game that is F2P
Because you'd be paying for Xbox Live nevertheless? Besides, if the game WASN'T Free To Play, you'd STILL have to pay for Xbox Live AND the game itself.

Plus no one ever said F2P games have to be online games, and I think they even said some F2P games are available for Silver members, so I think that pretty much guarantees single player F2P games...

Your post makes no sense at all.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 9th April 2011, 6:30 pm

You play League, Fin?
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

https://www.youtube.com/eaglendia

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 9th April 2011, 6:40 pm

RedrumSalad wrote:
Made in Finland wrote:RTS? On a console?

No thanks.

+1

RTS's are for computer's Razz
Because Star Craft is the best RTS
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 9th April 2011, 7:25 pm

Eaglendia wrote:You play League, Fin?
Yes. Though I haven't played much. I'm only level 11, and only have like 5 champions, Mordekaiser and Mundo being the only ones that even cost over 1000 influence points, the rest are 450 noob heroes. I really hate Mundo though, and bought it because a friend recommended it for a new player. Mordekaiser and Kayle are my usual pick...

And I couldn't play in over a month, so I'm probably pretty rusty. I did download and install it after fixing my laptop, but played only one game which was pretty much overkill on behalf of the other team's suckiness...

@Black Snow: No u. You're just saying that because /v/ told you it's good. SC2 sucks dick, and I doubt you've even played the original. The reason RTS are for PC's is because the mouse is more efficient pointing tool than a gamepad is. And the keyboard is better fit for complex hotkey settings...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 9th April 2011, 7:38 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
@Black Snow: No u. You're just saying that because /v/ told you it's good. SC2 sucks dick, and I doubt you've even played the original. The reason RTS are for PC's is because the mouse is more efficient pointing tool than a gamepad is. And the keyboard is better fit for complex hotkey settings...
Dude brood war was the first online game I ever played. Star Craft 2 is good and no I did not get that from /v/, I was in the beta and it was a bit different with new strategies. Shit was more fun then brood war for me. The game is perfect for RTS and if it suck so much why does it have no competition and legends from Brood War are now joining in on SC2. If you think SC2 is crap, well then you are pretty much a faggot.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 9th April 2011, 7:42 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
Eaglendia wrote:You play League, Fin?
Yes. Though I haven't played much. I'm only level 11, and only have like 5 champions, Mordekaiser and Mundo being the only ones that even cost over 1000 influence points, the rest are 450 noob heroes. I really hate Mundo though, and bought it because a friend recommended it for a new player. Mordekaiser and Kayle are my usual pick...

And I couldn't play in over a month, so I'm probably pretty rusty. I did download and install it after fixing my laptop, but played only one game which was pretty much overkill on behalf of the other team's suckiness...

Nice. I'm 30. Haven't gotten into Ranked much yet (7 wins out of 9 games, was 1450+ but didn't play for like 2 weeks so it balanced out). I main Irelia, Akali, and Mordekaiser, but will play pretty much anything barring ranged carry roles. I'm pretty sure you can guess what my summoner name is, so hit me up sometime and we'll play--I can teach you some pretty funny shit to do with the champs that you do have.

(Mundo's actually pretty good btw.)
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 9th April 2011, 8:21 pm

Yeah, Mundo's pretty good from what I hear, but I really dislike actually playing him for some reason... well, I didn't play more than like 2 games so I don't really even know how to play him good, so that could explain it too.

Mordekaiser is my current fav, because I prefer supportive tasks rather than killing the enemies, and he's pretty much the best pusher I've seen so far. Kayle I like mainly because my friend (uses her as a main) showed me what she can do with a good player.

And "Eaglendia" isn't hitting any results on the LoL client, so maybe you add me? It's "a370", anything but the predictable I guess...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 9th April 2011, 8:38 pm

Made in Finland wrote:Yeah, Mundo's pretty good from what I hear, but I really dislike actually playing him for some reason... well, I didn't play more than like 2 games so I don't really even know how to play him good, so that could explain it too.

Mordekaiser is my current fav, because I prefer supportive tasks rather than killing the enemies, and he's pretty much the best pusher I've seen so far. Kayle I like mainly because my friend (uses her as a main) showed me what she can do with a good player.

And "Eaglendia" isn't hitting any results on the LoL client, so maybe you add me? It's "a370", anything but the predictable I guess...

o_o I think you're on the EU client. So it goes, I guess.

Mordekaiser's farm is pretty powerful, so he can rely on expensive builds--most people prefer the tanky AP/spell penetration Mordekaiser, but I've been playing with something that was originally designed as a troll build: Hextech Gunblade stacking. A Regrowth Pendant makes you unkillable early game, and a Hextech Revolver just helps. By the time you get the Gunblade you'll be level 10 or 11, when you start putting points into Mace of Spades. Mace scales with AP and AD, and it takes effect on your next melee swing, meaning that Lich Bane also triggers dealing 100% of your AP as additional damage, resulting in some really crazy-high hits.

As far as Kayle goes I'm convinced there are better champions. She doesn't seem to do much unless you let her free-farm for half a game, though her supportive abilities are definitely palpable.
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 9th April 2011, 9:12 pm

Oh, right, I completely forgot about the region-locked servers. Crying or Very sad

The thing with Kayle is that she is FAST. I know it takes effort to level her, and early game she is about as good as sack of shit for the team, but when she's fully leveled she's unstoppable if you know what you're doing. I unfortunately don't, so I don't think I'll be very good with her anytime soon. That's why I've been playing Moderkaiser most of the time now... might give Mundo another chance too.

Edit: Yeah, and Kayle has that [30% AD <---> 15% AP] which with a certain type of build gives some pretty incredible results...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 9th April 2011, 10:46 pm

I am currently in the apb closed beta and it is amazing, the only reason it failed was due to balancing issues and gamersfirst is doing a good job of balancing the game and adding a plethora of new content. And Kingdom under fire 2 should be just as good as the first one which was enjoyable and different then most games I had ever played on the original xbox, it worked perfectly with the controller.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 10th April 2011, 4:26 am

fattyboy you got in, shit i was in the first beta and loved the game its just the cheaters and campers and griefers taht ruined the game

with a massive balling issue

i cant wait to get into the new CB before open when apb reloaded get relaunched
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 10th April 2011, 2:56 pm

Made in Finland wrote:Oh, right, I completely forgot about the region-locked servers. Crying or Very sad

The thing with Kayle is that she is FAST. I know it takes effort to level her, and early game she is about as good as sack of shit for the team, but when she's fully leveled she's unstoppable if you know what you're doing. I unfortunately don't, so I don't think I'll be very good with her anytime soon. That's why I've been playing Moderkaiser most of the time now... might give Mundo another chance too.

Edit: Yeah, and Kayle has that [30% AD <---> 15% AP] which with a certain type of build gives some pretty incredible results...

You could easily download the USA client considering you're not at that high a summoner level yet, but there might be lag. >_>
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPenguinXxX 10th April 2011, 5:08 pm

Fattyboy122 wrote:I am currently in the apb closed beta and it is amazing, the only reason it failed was due to balancing issues and gamersfirst is doing a good job of balancing the game and adding a plethora of new content. And Kingdom under fire 2 should be just as good as the first one which was enjoyable and different then most games I had ever played on the original xbox, it worked perfectly with the controller.
Could you get some gameplay up? I want to see how gamersfirst has changed the game.
MrPenguinXxX
MrPenguinXxX
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 10th April 2011, 5:09 pm

^ LIVE STREAM IT TONIGHT!!!!!
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next