Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

what would you do if you survived a nuclear war?

+18
ApocalypseVVolf.
snowwolf1996
eegleindia
Cry Vengeance
Bladewind23
A Groovy Tophat
Jagdgeschwader
eaustinn36
Meatshield718
FoundDa Kiwi
. ADestroyer360
RedrumSalad
snake eyez 89
Flasktoss55
BLACK SNOW 13
andrew
Made in Finland
steveeeee
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty what would you do if you survived a nuclear war?

Post  steveeeee 13th June 2011, 12:55 pm

so i was watching the road and i started thinking, what if this shit actually went down one day? what would the first thing you do. be? food, weapons or shelter? and would you stay away from people you didn't know? or try to find help?

i personally have no idea what i'd do, so what would you do?

Last edited by steveeeee on 13th June 2011, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty Re: what would you do if you survived a nuclear war?

Post  Made in Finland 13th June 2011, 12:57 pm

steveeeee wrote:what if this shit actually went down one day?
What shit?
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Empty Re: what would you do if you survived a nuclear war?

Post  steveeeee 13th June 2011, 1:04 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
What shit?

oh sorry, "The Road" is a movie about a father and his son trying to survive after a cataclysmic event. which i guess destroyed the world along with all the plants and animals and most of the people. so pretty much all im asking is what you'd do if the world actually ended in this way and you were left alive.
steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 13th June 2011, 1:11 pm

Try to find family/close friends and any other people I trust, then look for canned goods, bottled water and maybe some medical supplies and ....hide lol
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 13th June 2011, 2:28 pm

Kill self.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 13th June 2011, 2:38 pm

Let's not stay in this perfect, fully-stocked shelter because I think I heard a dog bark outside.
Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  snake eyez 89 13th June 2011, 5:57 pm

this is one off my favorite films
snake eyez 89
snake eyez 89
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 13th June 2011, 7:05 pm

I doubt that if the world was destroyed, and left in pieces or whatever happened, the atmosphere would still be there.
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 13th June 2011, 7:25 pm

RedrumSalad wrote:I doubt that if the world was destroyed, and left in pieces or whatever happened, the atmosphere would still be there.
I actually had a teacher talk about this. If the world were to mysteriously disappear, the atmosphere would actually be held in place. Not for long obviously, because the gravity field from the planet is gone, but a few hours.

At least, thats the theory.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 13th June 2011, 7:50 pm

Flasktoss55 wrote:Let's not stay in this perfect, fully-stocked shelter because I think I heard a dog bark outside.
Oh. It's THAT movie. Why couldn't you just say "what would you do if you survived a nuclear war?"?

And it probably wouldn't be too bad in Finland. Small density of population already, lots of natural resources too. I'd say I would be able to survive. I'd just choose a house that was designed to be heated by burning wood (very common in Finland). Food could be a problem though. If I had a gun to hunt some animals, and could store the meat (during winter it could be easily frozen. And there'd probably be enough salt left in some abandoned grocery store, people probably don't think they need salt and would grab the canned food etc.) then I'd be all set.

Then all I would need is some form of entertainment. I'd probably raid a library or something.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 13th June 2011, 9:38 pm

When I first saw the title, I thought the topic was about a Klondike Bar...

But yeah, I would live in the old fallout shelter my family built during the 60's.
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi
Zombie Killer Of The Year
Zombie Killer Of The Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 13th June 2011, 11:29 pm

steveeeee wrote:
Made in Finland wrote:
What shit?

oh sorry, "The Road" is a movie about a father and his son trying to survive after a cataclysmic event. which i guess destroyed the world along with all the plants and animals and most of the people. so pretty much all im asking is what you'd do if the world actually ended in this way and you were left alive.

Please read the book, then come back to this thread. It's a lot better than the movie.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 13th June 2011, 11:33 pm

ANYWAY, I would go to this silo in that newspaper article from that mysterious thread lol.
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 14th June 2011, 12:20 am

I would do what John Connor did.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 14th June 2011, 2:34 am

Collect as many of my family and friends as possible. The world's a dangerous place now, we're going to need to stick together.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 14th June 2011, 3:22 am

Hunting probably wouldn't be a good idea. If it was a nuclear war, the animals are definitely not safe to eat. Canned goods are the safest choice
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 14th June 2011, 3:56 am

I change my mind.

I would hunt down Eagle and mess with him; making sure he has no weapons what so ever.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 14th June 2011, 4:20 am

andr_00_ew wrote:Hunting probably wouldn't be a good idea. If it was a nuclear war, the animals are definitely not safe to eat. Canned goods are the safest choice

Because radiation can't get into canned food.

Based on how totaled the world is with radiation, nothing could be safe.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 14th June 2011, 4:29 am

Meatshield718 wrote:
andr_00_ew wrote:Hunting probably wouldn't be a good idea. If it was a nuclear war, the animals are definitely not safe to eat. Canned goods are the safest choice

Because radiation can't get into canned food.

Based on how totaled the world is with radiation, nothing could be safe.

Nothing would be 100% safe. Everything you eat would be a gamble depending on how fucked the world is. You would just have to hope what you are eating is safe.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 14th June 2011, 5:05 am

No, you wouldn't. You'd be just as radiated as any animal you see. If it's still standing, it's not too radioactive to eat.

That said, you probably wouldn't live another 10 years.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Bladewind23 14th June 2011, 7:21 am

Well, for me it depends.

If the blasts or radiation have injured or destroyed part of me, kill self immediately (if not already dead). (That part would be obvious anyway.)

If not, there's no place around here that I know of that is capable of protecting anyone from a nuclear holocaust and insane amounts of radiation, so, kill self immediately.

Those are the only possible outcomes with the city I'm in.
Bladewind23
Bladewind23
WarWolf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 14th June 2011, 2:20 pm

Launch the next one.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eegleindia 14th June 2011, 3:17 pm

Mr. Steeeeve, I would not rule out the chance to preserve a nucleus of human specimens.

It would be quite easy. Heh... Heh...

At the bottom of some of our deeper mind shafts, radioactivity would never penetrate a mine some thousands of feet deep, and in a matter of weeks, sufficient improvements in dwelling space could easily be provided.

what would you do if you survived a nuclear war? Dr+Strangelove-725873
eegleindia
eegleindia
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 14th June 2011, 4:15 pm

I'd go NNOOOO CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!!!!!*whispers*i'll remember you
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 14th June 2011, 5:24 pm

I think this town has a bomb shelter.
Though it's extremely old, it could prove useful.

But lets say I didn't have a bomb shelter near, and the mushroom clouds started popping up...

From what I know, after the mushroom cloud gets to it's peak, nuclear fallout starts drifting down upon you, the more noticeable fallout arriving in minutes, and the tiny dust particles, arriving in hours.

The radioactive fallout dust, is small enough to get through the smallest crevices, stick on clothing, you can also inhale it, so staying in my house, also isn't an option.

Gamma rays, can be fatal in one hour, though, after the explosion, within 8 hours, is only a fraction as strong as when the explosion hit, and roughly a week later, is about 1/100 as strong as when the explosion hit, so I only need to find temporary radioactive protection.

To protect yourself from radiation (at least as much as I know), is putting mass between yourself, and the radiation, the mass (Steel, earth, wood) will absorb the radiation.The most common and affective choice, is obviously steel, but, seeing as I live in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere , and that the old bomb shelter is most likely a pile of rust and cockroaches by now, and I doubt that this town keeps maintenance on it, and the time to go check it out, would be a gamble.And plus, I told myself to leave out the bomb shelter at the start of this post.

The spread of the fallout dust, can go for miles, but it can't go forever, can it?

just going to copy & paste the food items, really don't feel like writing those out.

Ready-to-eat foods (granola/energy/protein bars, snack-paks, raisins, cheese, etc.)
Some perishable foods (breads and fruits like bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, etc.)
Canned goods (soups, chili, vegetables, fruit, tuna, meats, beans, peanut butter, etc.)
Assorted drink mix flavorings (with no cold drinks, just plain water, kids will appreciate it!)
Plenty of potent Multi-Vitamins, Vit C, Pepto Bismol, aspirin, tylenol, other OTC meds, etc.
Iodine solution, like Betadine (16 ounces)- NOT TO BE INGESTED OR SWALLOWED!

Largest bags of rice, beans, flour, potatoes, pasta, quick oats and other grains
Multiple big boxes of dried milk (Could include/use some inside shelter, too.)
Multiple big boxes of pancake and biscuit mix & syrup
Large bag of sugar and jar of honey
Large 2 gallons or more of cooking oil
Baking powder & soda & yeast & spice assortment pack
Bottled water (especially if home supplies not secured yet)

Paper or plastic plates/bowls/cups/utensils and paper towels
Quality manual can opener, 2 if you don't already have one at home
Kitchen matches and disposable lighters
New metal garbage cans and liner bags (water storage & waste storage)
5 gallon bucket and smaller garbage bags sized for it (toilet)
Toilet seat for the bucket (or use one from inside the house)
Toilet paper and, if needed, sanitary napkins, diapers, etc.
Baby wipes (saves water for personal hygiene use)
Flashlights (ideally LED) and more than one portable radio
Plenty more batteries, at least three sets, for each of the above
Bleach (5.25%, without fragrance or soap additives)
Alcohol and Hydrogen Peroxide and hand sanitizers
Prescription drugs filled, and as much extra as possible
First aid kits
Fire extinguishers
Plenty of inexpensive N95 particulate respirator masks
Plenty of cheap plastic hooded rain ponchos for everyone
Water filters and all other camping type supplies, such as portable camp toilet,
cook stove and fuel, ammo, etc., if any sporting goods stocks still available.
And, of course, rolls of plastic sheeting, duct tape, staple guns, staples, etc.

Okay, so that seems like ALOT of stuff, so I would just take what I need.Then drive out of the fallout radius, And I don't exactly live in a big city (roughly 5000 people) so I could just take the Alaska highway north, home free.

Though I might just drive into another cloud.

So if a bomb drops, i'm most likely dead. But, they had a big shale-find 20km north of where I live, may-be a safe haven, may-be not, but it's worth a try.

And, lucky enough for me, I have a low-thyroid, so all I have to do for a quick iodine pill, is just stop taking my synthroid pill every day.

So, even though I canceled out alot of options that would probably save me, im probably not going to survive a nuclear bomb.

But on the other hand, who would bomb Canada? No-body would care Razz
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next