Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

One Use Multiplayer Codes?

+8
Meatshield718
Jagdgeschwader
VrAzZLe Meister
eaustinn36
DeadApe
BLACK SNOW 13
FoundDa Kiwi
Desert Sleepy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty One Use Multiplayer Codes?

Post  Desert Sleepy 13th September 2011, 7:56 pm

I was wondering if any of you know more about this. Apparently, a couple of games have one use multiplayer codes now. I heard that Resistance 3 is using it, and I saw on Gamefly a notice that Space Marine is using it.

Apparently, you have to have the code to play the multiplayer in these games. That's a problem for anybody who rents games or buys used games, as the multiplayer code will probably have been used. Apparently that's the point, to cut down on people renting and buying used instead of buying new. I rent games and buy them used, so I'd like to find out more about this.

I was hoping that maybe one of you frequent posters on this site are also a member of a gaming-related site, or know more about this. If you can link me anything (articles, videos, etc.) that has more info (more specifically, info that I don't already know, which is above) on this I'd appreciate it.

Also, if you can recommend any good games for me to rent in the mean time, I'd appreciate that as well (was going to rent Dead Island, but I played it at a friends and now I'm just going to go buy it).
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

One Use Multiplayer Codes? Empty Re: One Use Multiplayer Codes?

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 13th September 2011, 8:01 pm

In Space Marine you can rank up to 99% of level 5 before you have to use a code that you receive with the game to continue ranking up. You can also buy the package off the marketplace.

Last edited by FoundDa Kiwi on 13th September 2011, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi
Zombie Killer Of The Year
Zombie Killer Of The Year

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 13th September 2011, 8:45 pm

BF3 will not let you play MP if you buy a used copy or use a copy that is shared. You will need to buy an online code if you do that.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 13th September 2011, 8:51 pm

BLACK SNOW 13 wrote:BF3 will not let you play MP if you buy a used copy or use a copy that is shared. You will need to buy an online code if you do that.

Greedy bastards. MW3 is starting to look better already....
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 13th September 2011, 8:58 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
BLACK SNOW 13 wrote:BF3 will not let you play MP if you buy a used copy or use a copy that is shared. You will need to buy an online code if you do that.

How?
BF3 new with MP
$60
BF3 used with MP code
$55
MW3 new with Elite
$60 + $60 x years
MW3 new with maps, no Elite
$80
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 13th September 2011, 9:03 pm

BLACK SNOW 13 wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:

How?
BF3 new with MP
$60
BF3 used with MP code
$55
MW3 new with Elite
$60 + $60 x years
MW3 new with maps, no Elite
$80

I don't know if your prices are meant for the Xbox or Computer, but where I live a used game at Gamestop costs 55 dollars (And there are no other game stores). Even a game as old as COD4 still costs 45 dollars, up until a year ago it still cost 50 dollars. And I can pay 60 dollars and buy MW3, I don't need extra maps or whatever "Elite" is. Or I can pay 55 dollars and get a used copy of MW3, with multiplayer still available.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 13th September 2011, 9:05 pm

I'm not sure where I stand on this. I agree that gamestop is pretty evil when it comes to used games and stuff, so I like that they are getting a good slap in the face. They get most of their revenue from used games and pre-orders. I also don't rent games or buy them used often so this doesn't effect me that much.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 13th September 2011, 9:08 pm

As most people who know me know, when I buy a game, I buy it to keep; not rent or sell a year or 2 down the road. I still have all the games I originally owned (gamestop gives crap resale prices anyways). So yeah, this has no effect on me (unless they start selling the codes as separate DLC).
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 13th September 2011, 9:12 pm

The main reason I hate it is because I basically can't Gamefly those games. Half the games I rent from Gamefly I keep anyway, but I don't want to pay extra to have a used copy and pay for multiplayer, as opposed to paying a lot less to have a used copy and it coming with the multiplayer.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 13th September 2011, 9:13 pm

Omg I haz to pay 5 dollerz to use meh codez, herp herp. ;_;

C'mon guys, new games are only 5 dollars extra.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 13th September 2011, 9:16 pm

DiLmYnStEr wrote:Omg I haz to pay 5 dollerz to use meh codez, herp herp. ;_;

C'mon guys, new games are only 5 dollars extra.

A brand new game from Gamefly costs about 47 dollars, so it's 13 dollars extra for me and many others.

And aside from the fact that I have to pay now to have a feature that comes standard for most games, I'm sick of these "tiny" payments. I have to pay for the multiplayer, if I want to play the good playlists I have to buy countless map packs, if I want to play multiple games I have to buy even more map packs. This shit adds up.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 13th September 2011, 9:17 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:As most people who know me know, when I buy a game, I buy it to keep; not rent or sell a year or 2 down the road. I still have all the games I originally owned (gamestop gives crap resale prices anyways). So yeah, this has no effect on me (unless they start selling the codes as separate DLC).

I tried to sell my Fallout New Vegas for the 360 the other day. They wanted to give me $12.

FUCK THAT SHIT, they're just going to shelf it for $40 anyway. I sold it to a friend for $25. Very Happy
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 14th September 2011, 1:01 am

Don't know how people lead this to gamestop and their policies about used games.

Main point: game companies trying to make money they lose due to used game sales. Is it wrong? Yes, to charge for something that is free (for at least once). Is it logical? Yes. Should you buy a game new or use? New, always. You benefit from it.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 14th September 2011, 1:41 am

I disagree with a complete loss in multiplayer if it's used.

I kind of like what Space Marine did, because if you rent it you cant still get a taste in the multi-player and can play as long as you want to influence you to buy the rest of the game.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 14th September 2011, 2:00 am

BLACK SNOW 13 wrote: Should you buy a game new or use? New, always. You benefit from it.

I benefit a lot more when I save money by paying 10+ dollars less for a game that works just as well. The only time I benefit from buying a game new is when they have this "Pay to Play" multiplayer system.

I think of game companies like I think of Blockbuster. They're both big companies, they can afford to make slightly less money. So if a piece of dust lands on my Xbox 360 and the 360 decides to destroy the disk inside of it, fuck it, I'll just rent that same game from Blockbuster. Then I return my destroyed copy to Blockbuster and keep the working one. It's not thievery, it's industriousness.

They can afford to not make even more money off of some 5 dollar payments.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicious Fox 14th September 2011, 2:15 pm

Change the title to Mathematics with games jk.

over here games are $40 and if it is like collectors or limited maybe $60 or $45

and used game $2 or $7 depends on which edition is
Vicious Fox
Vicious Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwytch 14th September 2011, 2:17 pm

Im Just going to buy BF3 New even if i was going to buy it used i would buy a code for it
Zwytch
Zwytch
Hail to the King Baby.

https://www.youtube.com/ZwytchGaming

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 14th September 2011, 2:18 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
BLACK SNOW 13 wrote: Should you buy a game new or use? New, always. You benefit from it.

I benefit a lot more when I save money by paying 10+ dollars less for a game that works just as well. The only time I benefit from buying a game new is when they have this "Pay to Play" multiplayer system.

I think of game companies like I think of Blockbuster. They're both big companies, they can afford to make slightly less money. So if a piece of dust lands on my Xbox 360 and the 360 decides to destroy the disk inside of it, fuck it, I'll just rent that same game from Blockbuster. Then I return my destroyed copy to Blockbuster and keep the working one. It's not thievery, it's industriousness.

Nope pretty sure that is thievery. By that logic you could apply it to banks: Banks have tons of money, so i'm sure if I held one up for $1,000,000 they wouldn't even feel the pinch.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 14th September 2011, 4:17 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:

Nope pretty sure that is thievery. By that logic you could apply it to banks: Banks have tons of money, so i'm sure if I held one up for $1,000,000 they wouldn't even feel the pinch.

Erik please just stop posting on UX.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 14th September 2011, 8:09 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:

Wrong logic erik. Please stop with these type of post they get annoying...

@Desert Sleepy
That is possibly the dumbest idea I heard. They do check the case you know.
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 15th September 2011, 12:38 pm

well blockbuster technically doesn't exist anymore

if your is still open then it is owned individually by the store owner as its own proprietary outlet

and the whole switching games out work half the time if your smart you go get the game and then bring back the broken one right away, this will work unless the person working their doesn't check the back of the disc's.

if so they just match the game to your account and charge you for the damages if you keep the game to long

so like i said its not bad but its still retarded considering your no longer stealing from a corporation you stealing from the owner of the individual store

not to mention your not the first kid to try this and they have caught on to what you are doing.

so it works but its probably not worth the risk

the only saving grace it that if you go and rent a game on the first day at block buster verses buying it, you get to try it for a week and almost always their will be the unused code sitting in the box because its part of the manual they put int he case with the disc

so go to blockbuster the day it comes out and boom you got a free code to fuck with for multilayer. then if you really like the game by and used copy and you have done it

but just remember that this is not the same with all blockbusters because they are no longer owned corporately so just remember next time that your stealing from the little guy not the douche sitting in his tower int he sky
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 15th September 2011, 7:11 pm

@BLACK SNOW 13
Dumbest idea ever says you, idea that's worked many times says I.

@KZ Powned
I used to do that back when the Blockbuster near me was open. It's since closed down (I'm guessing with the rest of the company). I could still do it to Gamefly, since they have an option to report a game as damaged and return it immediately, but I don't. I haven't had any games terminated by my Xbox recently. And even if I did steal from them, I don't care. The first Xbox never scratched my games, I could have smacked the top and nothing would have happened. It's unique to the newer console, the more "advanced" 360. My PS3 doesn't have this problem either.

So I'm saying Bill Gates deliberately designed the 360 to be more delicate and destroy more games, so that Microsoft could sell more games. And anybody making money from these games is complicit. They probably came up with the red ring as well, so they could profit from selling new consoles and fixing others (100 dollars to have your 360 repaired).

Shit, this has really gotten away from the topic.

Also, can anybody tell me what "Reputation" is? I recently became labeled "Hipshot Honcho" and I'm seeing reputation now. I don't know what it is.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 15th September 2011, 9:44 pm

Hipshot honcho is your title, which is acquired through posts.

Reputation is just a number. Don't worry about it.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 15th September 2011, 9:49 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:Also, can anybody tell me what "Reputation" is? I recently became labeled "Hipshot Honcho" and I'm seeing reputation now. I don't know what it is.

We recently decided to re-enable site rep after a nearly 2 year down time, but don't worry about it.

As for the "rank", that is just a pre-assigned title based on your post count.

@KZ - Wait wow I am just noticing this... what ever happened to blockbuster? They get bought out or go bankrupt or something?
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 15th September 2011, 10:10 pm

Places like Gamefly, Netflix, etc pretty much dominated the competition. Why go out and rent movies when you can have it mailed to you or streamed to your computer or xbox?
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum