Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Outpost Echo - Game Topic

+13
KSI Quick Reload
Pwnisher James
DJDemitri
sgt zombie23
STUNTMAN1TY
Vicious Fox
Dexta117
Jagdgeschwader
VrAzZLe Meister
. ADestroyer360
KGBOOM
FoundDa Kiwi
Desert Sleepy
17 posters

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Go down

Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty Outpost Echo - Game Topic

Post  Desert Sleepy 20th December 2011, 6:13 pm

Welcome to the official thread for Outpost Echo, the interactive zombie machinima game. You should read through essentially this entire post. I know it's a lot, but bear with me, you need to know the rules. Read part and then go watch TV for an hour, whatever you have to do, but you need to read this stuff. If you ask a question that's answered here, I'm going to redirect you to the OP. Let's get right to it. (By the way, this is your Holiday gift. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!)

Joining Late:
If you did not join when the Sign Up/Character Creation thread was made, you can still sign up late. There are several ways to incorporate new characters into the game, and it would be all too easy to add you in if you want in! Just see the Sign Up/Character Creation thread here: http://www.undead-xbox.com/t7263p75-interactive-zombie-machinima-sign-up-character-creation#92468, and read through my posts to see what you need to do. You'll need to come up with a name, job, and character biography. See the other poster's responses for reference. Keep in mind though, that I may need to incorporate you in by having the current group meet up with another survivor group, so I might just add you to a sort of join queue and wait until a couple more ask to be invited, and then introduce all of you as one survivor group. If nobody else wants to join at that time, I'll find another way, or you'll be the only character joining with that group.

Copyright Violations:
To avoid any unnecessary complications, I'm going to do my best to not violate any copyrights. Which means I won't be mentioning any Halo lore, or any types of brands, IE Coca Cola, Frosted Flakes, Pepperidge Farm, etc.. All biographies featuring Halo lore are going to be auto updated to be more vague, meaning UNSC gets replaced with "Armed Forces". I promise it won't be noticeable enough to matter. I would also ask that you avoid purposely mentioning stuff like Coca Cola, and instead replace it with Soda, drinks, beverages, etc..

Lore Based Dialogue:
Our introduction video features a survivor waking up after the crash confused and disoriented. Think of yourself this way. There are a lot of things you don't know about the universe, so it's best to avoid coming up with any lore yourself. It should be known that there is an insurrection going on, and that this will play an active role in the game's plot. Those with military experienced characters can reference fighting rebels, or "the war", but should avoid getting too specific. Keep in mind that the rebels in this universe are the bad guys, or at the very least they are from your perspective. They're the equivalent of today's terrorist, ruthless, cruel, and willing to resort to anything to accomplish their goals. It should also be noted that for all you know, humans are the only intelligent life. You can speculate that there may likely be more intelligent life, but you haven't met any, or heard of any, however there are of course countless alien species, IE Moas (the ostrich like creatures from Reach), native flora, etc..

Artificial Intelligence/PDA/Data Files/Books/Disks:
Your character automatically starts with a PDA, though you have no signal, and even if you did you sure as hell wouldn't be able to call another planet with it. Due to the sophisticated nature of computer technology in the vague future, PDAs come with many many features and functions, and memory is never a problem. PDAs may come with a basic artificial intelligence (me), which can give you advice on your situation or warnings when you're about to do something really stupid. You may name your artificial intelligence if you'd like, and specify it's "gender" and personality, but ultimately most of them have a similar tone and personality to their inventor, Doctor Desmond Sleepington, although the PDA company does it's best to make it variable to it's customer's liking. On the topic of Data Files, a Data File is exactly what it sounds like, a file filled with information on your PDA. Since your PDA comes with an extensive encyclopedia built in, you may receive a data file at any given time. For example, if you are in need of food and encounter a large grove of mushrooms, you may request a data file on the mushrooms, or you may receive one automatically. You will be prompted with a message telling you you've received it, and the file itself will be under a spoiler alert for the sake of avoiding text walls. An example of the file would be: "You've received [Data File: Mushroom].
Spoiler:

You may also pick up Books or Disks at some point. Books can be read, and might possibly have useful information in them. Disks can be watched, and might also have useful information. Books can be scanned and uploaded to your PDA, and as such will not weigh you down, and disks can be inserted into and copied to your PDA. Not all books and disks will be useful or relevant to your situation, and I fully intend to put some in that aren't. An example would be "You picked up the following Book: Fancy Rats Magazine, month of November.
Spoiler:
An example of a disk might be "You picked up the Disk: Steven's Blog". Both of the prior examples are pretty much useless, but in any case you can read/watch anything you pick up. It should be noted that after you pick a book or disk up, it will be available in your PDA for review anytime later. For example, if you actually found a rat, you could use your PDA and open Fancy Rats Magazine, and your AI will automatically bring up any useful information, if there is any.

Conversing:
You may talk to any player who is nearby you at any time and about anything. To whisper to another player(s), simply send them a PM, but also send me a copy of the PM (so it can be used in the videos/plot but simultaneously hidden from other members not in hearing range. If you don't want me to see a PM, then it probably shouldn't be involved in the game. In any case, you don't have to whisper, and you can always talk out of character, but in character conversations should be made known to me. To talk to another player, simply use quotes and talk to them, IE, "Hey Jason, what do you think is in that cave?".

Talking to NPCs is slightly different. All NPCs are controlled by me, and as such, you will receive a response from me, like so (You) "Hey Lieutenant Colfax, I bet your mother's a whore" (Me) "Lieutenant Colfax: 'What did you just say to me?'". You'll need to specify what NPC you're talking to through your dialogue, and NPC's can be whispered to be PMing me. Other NPCs may overhear your conversation (if it's just a normal conversation and not a whisper) and interject. Other players will also have this option, no matter who you're talking to, provided you're within range of each other. NPCs will likely have relevant things to say, or might be able to help you out. I'll specify the NPCs in the area. For example, if I say "Captain Breckinridge, Alan Taylor, Doctor Morton, seven male NPCs and four female NPCs are in the area", you can respond with "I go say 'Hey, what's your name?' to the nearest female NPC". I would respond with "Female NPC: 'What do you want? I'm Karen by the way.'." From then on, that NPC will have a name and basic character, until they either die or become unimportant again. If a character isn't introduced by me giving them a name, they probably aren't important, but in any case you can communicate with them for whatever reason, if you want a friend to help you in fights for example, though other players might be more helpful there.

Action Prompts:
In certain cases, you may be prompted by me with several specific actions you can do, for example, at the start you may be prompted with the following options: "(Talk to the mechanic guy) (Talk to the security chief) (Talk to the doctor lady) (Offer to help move crates) (Go for a walk) (check the ship for other survivors)". You can do any of these actions, but may also suggest any other random action, for example "I go sit down on the camping stool, open my PDA, and start setting my AI settings.". I might also not allow you to say or do certain things if they're too ridiculous or somehow drag the game down.

Spoiler Alerts:
Spoiler alerts will not be used by me to cover any actual spoilers, and should not be used by you to cover spoilers either. They are used simply to keep the thread manageable. Out of character posts should say at the top "OOC" and then have a spoiler alert below with whatever Out Of Character thing needs to be said/asked. This is how you should ask me questions, through OOC posts. In character posts should NOT be covered by spoiler alerts, but they should follow the proper format of dialogue being in quotes, actions simply being stated. You don't need to say your character's name beforehand, as you have only one character. If I post something under a spoiler alert and do not specify whether or not everyone should read it, everyone is free to and probably should read it. If I post a spoiler alert with "Rules" above it, then you should read it, as it's either an important note about the rules or new rules being introduced.

In Game Death:
For the sake of you having fun, I'm going to try to avoid killing your character off, but in some cases it might just be unavoidable (for example, if you decide to charge at twenty zombies barehanded). Essentially, you should just avoid making stupid decisions. But in the event that you do die, you'll have the option to rejoin the game, but you'll have to make a completely new character, who you will then be in charge of. This doesn't mean you don't have to worry about being killed. If you die seemingly on purpose, I'm going to impose higher standards, IE your character is going to have to be very well written, and you may also not be reintroduced for some time.

Searching/Maps/Information:
You may request that your PDA AI make you a situational map, or ask it for random information. It will then synthesize a basic map or give advice In regards to searching, you may search certain containers. For example, you can ask me "Are there any containers in the area?" and I might say "there is a bookshelf and a trash can in the area". You can then say "I search the bookshelf" or "I search the trash can", and I'll tell you what, if anything, you found.

Turns:
Generally, there won't be "turns", but I may have to limit the amount of action you do. For example, if you do three different things and everyone else hasn't even done one, I may respond to you with the results of your third action plus the message "(End of turn - Wait until five player posts accumulate to act again)". This applies primarily to actions, so that one character doesn't get almost all the screen time. It should be noted that my posts don't count toward player posts, as I'm the mediator. Player posts means posts by another player, be it five different players making one post each or two making two posts and one making one post. Generally if I tell you it's the end of your turn, you should wait until at least three separate players have done something, even if two people have exceeded the five post wait. Also, turn limits do not apply to talking or whispering. If I say "END OF ROUND", then that means I have started working on the next video, and you should stop responding to the thread until I come back and announce a new round has started.

Filming/Videos:
Not everything you do will happen in the video. For example, if you read a book, that won't show up. If you search a trash can, that won't show up, though it may note in the video that you found whatever in the trash can. Also, you can expect a significant gap between this video and the next, as I'm still looking for voice actors. If you're up for voice acting (no skill required, just a computer microphone), make an OOC post here or in the sign up topic or PM me it.

Anyway, that's it on the rules for now, but more might come soon. Thanks for reading through it all. Anyhow, here's the video. Also, please let me make the second post in this thread. I'll make it as soon as possible, but please don't try to post before I make the second one. The second one will be the game starting one. Check the sign up page if you need to know more about the lore. By the way, any questions or comments on the video can be made there as well.

This is your adventure. Make it worthwhile.

Last edited by Desert Sleepy on 19th June 2012, 1:43 am; edited 5 times in total
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Outpost Echo - Game Topic Empty Re: Outpost Echo - Game Topic

Post  Desert Sleepy 20th December 2011, 6:16 pm

You've awoken after the emergency landing, and have finally made your way out of the ship. There are several other people standing around and some people moving crates off the crashed ship. You can talk to somebody (you can mention someone from the video, IE the guy standing near the car). You can mess with the settings on your PDA/AI. You can do whatever you'd like.

The game has started.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 20th December 2011, 7:03 pm

Carter: "Set PDA AI:
Name - Serena.
Gender - Female.
Personality - A smart-ass, but overall caring.
-Also has a minor British Accent"

When finished, Check the pile of crates to see if any of the medical supplies survived the crash. Also check and see if your the only medical personnel to have survived.

(OOC)
Will we be able to change the AI's configuration throughout the story?

Last edited by FoundDa Kiwi on 20th December 2011, 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi
Zombie Killer Of The Year

Back to top Go down

Post  KGBOOM 20th December 2011, 7:24 pm

Soren: "Set PDA AI:
Name: Jax
Personality: Australian Sociopath"

Afterwards, walk around the crash site looking for survivors as well as keeping an eye out for any other engineers that could be around.
KGBOOM
KGBOOM
God damn Sunlight

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 20th December 2011, 7:43 pm

Dyama: "Set PDA AI:
Name: Derp
Personality: Default"

Have Derp make a map of the area. Question out loud why the pilot on duty chose to crash the ship, rather than attempt to enter the planet's orbit.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 20th December 2011, 7:48 pm

Mercer:
Ask the PDA (manufacture default) what planet he's on. Then ask if it's dangerous.

Last, walk around the crash site scavenging anything that's useful (med supplies, tools, guns).

(OOC)
I could do some voice acting through skype.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  KGBOOM 20th December 2011, 7:54 pm

"Weren't you the reserve pilot, Dyama? Why don't you tell us?"

Turns and looks at Dyama.
KGBOOM
KGBOOM
God damn Sunlight

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 20th December 2011, 8:05 pm

FoundDa Kiwi wrote:Carter: "Set PDA AI:
Name - Serena.
Gender - Female.

When finished, Check the pile of crates to see if any of the medical supplies survived the crash. Also check and see if your the only medical personnel to have survived.

(OOC)

You weren't the only one who played Halo Wars. lol!
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Dexta117 20th December 2011, 8:18 pm

Cleatus: "Set PDA AI:
Name - Topher.
Gender - Male.
Personality - Self-confident, arrogant, Self-absorbed.

When finished, start looking through the crates and gather an inventory of what we have. Setup a situational map of the surrounding area.
Dexta117
Dexta117
The Man of Tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 20th December 2011, 8:26 pm

(OOC)
Spoiler:
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 20th December 2011, 8:34 pm

FoundDa Kiwi wrote:Carter: "Set PDA AI:
Name - Serena.
Gender - Female.

(OOC)
Spoiler:

Most of the supplies survived the crash due to being secured, as well as safely packed into the crates. As of now, there are plenty of spare medical supplies. The doctor from the ship, Sketch Turner, is alive, but is currently sleeping(Until sgt zombie23 starts playing). Also, the female NPC near the warthog is also a doctor.

KGBOOM wrote:Soren: "Set PDA AI:
Name: Jax
Personality: Australian Sociopath"

Afterwards, walk around the crash site looking for survivors as well as keeping an eye out for any other engineers that could be around.

Most of the survivors have either walked outside to the area you're currently in, and are either helping move crates, talking, or sleeping. You notice another engineer, Desmond Mercer, is awake.

.ADestroyer360 wrote:Dyama: "Set PDA AI:
Name: Derp
Personality: Default"

Have Derp make a map of the area. Question out loud why the pilot on duty chose to crash the ship, rather than attempt to enter the planet's orbit.

Derp begins synthesizing a map of the area. The engine on the ship was heavily damaged, and would not stay on for much longer. Alternatively, if it was shut off, it would not be able to restart. Entering the planet's orbit would have left the ship stranded in space, until the engine could be repaired. It should be noted that the damage to the engine was far too severe to be repaired using supplies on the ship.

DiLmYnStEr wrote:Mercer:
Ask the PDA (manufacture default) what planet he's on. Then ask if it's dangerous.

Last, walk around the crash site scavenging anything that's useful (med supplies, tools, guns).

(OOC)
I could do some voice acting through skype.

PDA: "This planet is
Spoiler:
. It is a planet suitable for human habitation, and is currently populated by several million people, primarily miners, their families, farmers, and scientists. It is considered a mining colony, and while it's a relatively rural planet, there are several large cities, as well as mining facilities. None of the native creatures on this planet pose a significant threat to humans."

All of the supplies are safely stored in crates for now, but you can search the crates for something specific if you'd like.

Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 20th December 2011, 8:38 pm

Planet name's - Illios, Zenith, Akeron, Allora IV, etc.

Last edited by FoundDa Kiwi on 20th December 2011, 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dexta117 20th December 2011, 8:41 pm

Cleatus:Head over to the warthog "Hey, how did it hold up?"
Dexta117
Dexta117
The Man of Tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 20th December 2011, 8:47 pm

Have Desmond look for med supplies in the crates.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 20th December 2011, 8:52 pm

FoundDa Kiwi wrote:Planet name's - Illios, Zenith, Akeron, Allora IV, etc.

Are any of those already used in something else?

Dexta117 wrote:Cleatus:Head over to the warthog "Hey, how did it hold up?"

Alan Taylor: "Not too good. I might be able to repair it, given the right supplies. I guess I better start searching those crates."

DiLmYnStEr wrote:Have Desmond look for med supplies in the crates.

You find a large cache of first aid kids, as well as other medical supplies, in one of the crates. You can take one for yourself, in case you are wounded in the future. You can also try to help the doctors treat wounded people, but it's likely another doctor might be more useful in that respect.

ALL PLAYERS: Data file received: Basic Map.
https://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i458/DesertSleepy/?action=view¤t=FORGE_WORLD2.jpg
The area circled in blue is where the ship has landed. You can ask about other areas if you'd like.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 20th December 2011, 9:06 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
FoundDa Kiwi wrote:Planet name's - Illios, Zenith, Akeron, Allora IV, etc.
Are any of those already used in something else?

Not that I know of.

I made Illios by adding an 'l' and an 'i' to Ilos, the planet in Mass Effect. Allora is the name I use for any female Elf characters I make in games so i just added 'IV' to the end of it. Zenith and Akeron are random names I thought up. Akeron sounds familiar though so it might be used in some movie/game I haven't heard of.

EDIT: Just thought of another one; Alleroth.

Last edited by FoundDa Kiwi on 20th December 2011, 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicious Fox 20th December 2011, 9:23 pm

why do you not have anybody speaking Sad but i liked it i wished i signed up
Vicious Fox
Vicious Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dexta117 20th December 2011, 9:49 pm

Cleatus: Search through the crates for any salvageable technology and weapons.
Dexta117
Dexta117
The Man of Tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 20th December 2011, 9:57 pm

Carter: Scavenge the medical supplies to restock your trauma kit. Look for the essentials: Morphine, bandages, anti-biotics, Cyanide, Disinfectants, etc. Look for a weapon as well, being a Corpsman for the CSF, it should be easy to procure one. Ask Serena if she can pick up any transmissions on the planet's air-waves.

"Serena, can you pick up any transmissions on the planet's air-waves; distress calls, radio signals?"
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 20th December 2011, 10:13 pm

Dexta117 wrote:Cleatus: Search through the crates for any salvageable technology and weapons.

There are plenty of computers, PDAs, and other such equipment in the crates. The weapons crates are currently being guarded by colonial security, but you can try asking the guard for a weapon.

FoundDa Kiwi wrote:Carter: Scavenge the medical supplies to restock your trauma kit. Look for the essentials: Morphine, bandages, anti-biotics, Cyanide, Disinfectants, etc. Look for a weapon as well, being a Corpsman for the CSF, it should be easy to procure one. Ask Serena if she can pick up any transmissions on the planet's air-waves.

You're trauma kit is now full, and will be usable should you or another person become injured. You have all the medical supplies you need laid out nearby some of the wounded people. Due to being a member of the security force, you can retrieve one assault rifle, DMR, or shotgun, but will need permission to take a sniper rifle, rocket launcher, spartan laser, or grenade launcher.

PDA-Serena: "Despite the fact that this planet is populated, there doesn't seem to be any activity on the airwaves, even in the urban areas of the planet. It is possible that the planet's satellites or relay tower are damaged, undergoing repairs, or being replaced."
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 20th December 2011, 10:25 pm

Carter: Retrieve a DMR and a few ammo clips. Check to see the condition of the rifle, then walk over to the wounded, and examine their wounds.
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  STUNTMAN1TY 20th December 2011, 10:38 pm

Victor: "Set PDA AI:

Name: Francis Xavier IX

Personality: Constantly spits out gibberish due to lack of updating.

Victor: Walk over to the guy by the car, ask him for his name and if I can use the vehicle to search for crash survivors.

And Yes, I know I made HER name Francis, this was intentional
STUNTMAN1TY
STUNTMAN1TY
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 20th December 2011, 10:45 pm

Mercer: Take a med kit for himself, then have him ask the colonial security for a weapon.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 20th December 2011, 10:47 pm

Turner: "Set PDA AI:

Name: Mac

Personality: Friendly

Turner: Wait for orders.
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 20th December 2011, 10:58 pm

Dyama:*shrugs at Soren* "I wouldn't know, I was taking a nap before the damn klaxons went off. By the time I got to the bridge, we were already entering orbit. It's surprising we even survived reentry; the pilot must have transferred all of the remaining engine power to the shields, so they probably didn't think there was enough to sustain orbit."

. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum