Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic]

+20
A Groovy Tophat
Vicious Fox
ApocalypseVVolf.
DJDemitri
Ryanhw12
Joon
Snyper493
Pwnisher James
andrew
Slacker Hero
NegativeHUNTER
allen0007
bman4782
Jagdgeschwader
VrAzZLe Meister
eaustinn36
FoundDa Kiwi
. ADestroyer360
Dexta117
Super Mega King
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic]

Post  Pwnisher James 13th January 2012, 12:41 am

ryanhw12 wrote:Reading
Dead or alive by tom clancy 240 pages in about 700 pages to go.

Ya man my Tom Clancy book is fucking huge, way bigger than any book I have ever seen. (Novel Wise)
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic]

Post  Super Mega King 13th January 2012, 4:03 pm

The Art of War sounds cool and all but I'm not sure I'd appreciate it much, being an avid pacifist D:

I should also mention that I'm arbitrarily taking suggestions from the books you've all posted. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Negative) looks pretty sweet so I'll read that soon.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Dexta117 13th January 2012, 5:04 pm

A Dance with Dragons is JUST bigger than that, only by 10's of pages.
Dexta117
Dexta117
The Man of Tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 13th January 2012, 7:16 pm

Dexta117 wrote:

A Dance with Dragons is JUST bigger than that, only by 10's of pages.

The two largest books I've ever read were about 1100 pages each, both by Stephen King. One was Under the Dome and the other was the final book of the Dark Tower series called The Dark Tower.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 13th January 2012, 9:23 pm

Super Mega King wrote:The Art of War sounds cool and all but I'm not sure I'd appreciate it much, being an avid pacifist D:

I should also mention that I'm arbitrarily taking suggestions from the books you've all posted. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Negative) looks pretty sweet so I'll read that soon.

As I said, even though it is meant to be applied to warfare, warfare can be used as a metaphor for many conflicts. (Sniper business anyone?)

Read it if you please, at the least, the enemy of a pacifist is a war mongerer, and if you know yourself and know your enemy, you will subdue your opponent every time. If you know yourself and don't know your enemy, you will lose every other battle, and if you don't know yourself and don't know your enemy, you will succumb to him every time.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DJDemitri 13th January 2012, 9:37 pm

I'm reading rangers in Korea, right now I'm on a chapter on a sniper who up in the mountain side would shoot into a Bally taking out a betalion with fear, he was so efficient that he gave them a sense of security to run to a village that was called in and Bo bedrock artillery
DJDemitri
DJDemitri
I dismember Zombies slowly

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 13th January 2012, 10:09 pm

I recently finished The Body Of Christopher Creed, and now I'm moving on to The Outsiders (Believe it or not, I have only watched the movie.), I'm trying to get The Road from my English Teacher, so that'll be next as I hadn't got to read all of it the last time I had it.

I'm also trying to get a hardback copy of John Dies at the End, which I will most likely read again.

ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 15th January 2012, 4:45 am

[January 15] - Glasshouse by Charles Stross

Glasshouse was a pretty good sci-fi book, though I wouldn't recommend it to non-fans of the genre. In a future where technology has accelerated beyond belief, a group of people willing undergo memory surgery and enlist in a program that places individuals in a recreation of a 1990-2000 suburban town. From there, naturally, things go pretty south. Nice read.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicious Fox 29th March 2012, 9:46 am

Old topics like this make me happy.

JUST READ:Fight Club good book but I still prefer the movie from the way it was told and cinematography,Scott Pilgrim VS The World it was a good book for day for reading it.

Currently Reading:I am on the second book of Scott Pilgrim and currently liking it better than the movie version (i kind of hate Michael Cera) has more backstory.

Want To Read:I want to read all the next Scott pilgrims next but for a book series it has to be the Hunger Games,it reminds me of battle Royale in a way.I want to read graphic novel such as Alan Moore's V for Vendetta and Watchmen but one caught my eye it was called "Interview with a serial killer" and the artwork of the guy looked like John C Reilly and the artwork looked spiffy as well but I won't get into much detail. so yeah that is me for my books
Vicious Fox
Vicious Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 29th March 2012, 1:34 pm

Haven't gotten a book to read in a while. Think im gunn head over to the bookstore after work, or tomorrow. Im just gunna go by what everyone in this topic has said and pick one or two of the books you gents have read.

A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  KGBOOM 29th March 2012, 4:04 pm

Johnny got his gun is an amazing book.
KGBOOM
KGBOOM
God damn Sunlight

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 29th March 2012, 7:46 pm

I just realized, I have a $25 gift card for Chapters. I should probably use it on one of these books.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicious Fox 30th March 2012, 7:26 pm

What are you reading? [Book Discussion Topic] - Page 2 Snapsh10

Which one should I read first ?
Vicious Fox
Vicious Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  eegleindia 31st March 2012, 12:55 am

I would have thought you'd have read V just from looking at your avatar and sig.
eegleindia
eegleindia
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 31st March 2012, 12:36 pm

[Reading]
"Catch-22" by Joseph Heller

[Read Recently]
"4th of July" by James Patterson
"Choke" and "Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk
And for school
"Lord of the Faggot Flies who all fucking suck and eat pig heads" by Some guy
"Odepius the mother fuckin Rex" by Sophocles

I am not too far into "Catch-22" but, can someone tell me if it gets any better or ends up going anywhere anytime soon? I just understood how sarcastic and neurotic Yossarian is but, aside from that I am lost.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasktoss55 31st March 2012, 1:25 pm

I just read Replay by Ken Grimwood. I give it a "thumbs up", but who cares what I think. It's a good book.

Excerpt from Wikipedia, for the lazy:
Spoiler:

Flasktoss55
Flasktoss55
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum