Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Halo Reach: Be you! Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Halo Reach: Be you!

+16
G00EY LOUIE
. ADestroyer360
MrKurt2012
NGU RELOAD
Made in Finland
Meatshield718
Qthewinner
Kush Befor Dusk
Cry Vengeance
Jagdgeschwader
zombie dude
Masta Shef
AaUndeadMarine
Saint Ronan
M3LA
DeadApe
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Halo Reach: Be you! Empty Halo Reach: Be you!

Post  DeadApe 19th April 2010, 3:15 pm

The Halo series is a monolith in gaming. Many may argue that the sole reason the Microsoft is still in the console war today is because of the first Halo game. Halo has revolutionized gaming, by making online gaming the juggernaut it is today, and then again by enhancing it by way of sharing screenshots, videos, game modes, and maps. However as Bungie has taken great strides to make Halo a better experience they have had their faults. Now Halo: REACH is coming out and I ask you one thing Bungie. Don't sell out. Don't try to be every other game on the market. The Halo series has been successful because of its innovation and originality, not because of its ability to copy and paste the features of other games. While the game has not yet been released and I can give no real verdict on the game, I am a bit worried. We don't need perks. We just got over the aggravation of perks in MW2, and do not want to see them every again in a video game, at least not for a while. So when you promise us customizable loadouts with jetpacks, invisibility, *Electro bubble shield field thingy* and others, I only wonder why shove so much crap into a game? I know you have created one of those most balanced multiplayer games in existence, but I can already see the camouflage/no-scope/sword abuse. There is also the "invasion mode" a.k.a Battlefield Bad Company's Rush mode. The Halo community is the most creative community out there, with hundreds of new custom games being made every day, and millions of maps. Why not take advantage a better way of discovering these new games and playing them via matchmaking?

What do you guys think of Bungies upcoming game?
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach: Be you! Empty Re: Halo Reach: Be you!

Post  M3LA 19th April 2010, 3:40 pm

Dont worry.They know what theyre doing.They have been making this game for ten years.If you dont like armor abilites just play pro slayer(theres a sprint armor ability only)

Also,if armor abilites turn out to be such a failure in beta theyre gonna take it off.I think.
M3LA
M3LA
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Ronan 19th April 2010, 7:13 pm

They are doing exactly what the squeaky kids want them to do. Make it so that one class is cheaper than the rest. Make it so no one wins fairly and there is no honor in winning a match. Bungie couldn't give us the Pelican so they sufficed us with the jetpack. We wanted Covenant vs. UNSC so they did. They only gave us slight things that are not mentioned by me, but those few slights were what made Halo the game it was. These loadouts and perks are just a sell out to the CoD franchise. As you have stated Invasion is a rip off of Rush. As you have also stated they should have put online community games like fat kid or zombies but they won't. All Bungie really wants is to be at the top of the FPS franchise. It is impossible to please everyone and the more that Bungie changes the Halo series the more old time fans of Halo hate them. Halo was my first favorite game and Halo 2 after it was just as good, Halo 3 revived the love for such an amazing series with the familiar weaponry and MC but as soon as ODST came out... I know it's technically the same game as Halo 3 but it killed the die hard fan of Halo in me. Reach is going to be exactly the same in my eyes as ODST. Sure I'll give it it's chance but believe me it won't even stand a chance to the original Halo in my eyes.
Saint Ronan
Saint Ronan

http://www.myspace.com/nitsua1201

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 19th April 2010, 7:29 pm

everyone is going to get it simply because it has the glittering word HALO in it. and I will be damned if they are going to sit me down and tell me to play another ODST shit again. i could not stand that.

yes I see the CoD ideas coming into play here and do I like it? no I do not. like DeadApe has said I can see the invisible perk thing being abused. and invisibility + assassinations, 2 new things are going to be a fuck this game moment.
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 19th April 2010, 8:13 pm

We'll see when the beta comes out May 3rd. I think until then we should see how it plays, I mean they really havent even released anything showing that invis or any armor or class will be cheap and the fact that Halo has a class system isnt the end of the world either... What does it do let you choose a different gun and armor everytime you spawn? Its not a big deal nor does it copy any game in particular. If armor wasnt here to complain about im sure it would be another thing, like the grenade launcher is too cheap or the AR is to weak. All im sayin is lets focus on the positive things for the game because, when the first Halo came out it was different than anything on the market. Halo has prooved just cuz its different isnt a bad thing...Oh wait the Master Chief isnt in this one is he...F**K! I cant stand the look of anything other then Mark IV armor!

Halo Reach: Be you! S20880_xb_65

Last edited by Masta Shef on 19th April 2010, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  zombie dude 19th April 2010, 9:13 pm

i believe in it.

zombie dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 19th April 2010, 11:10 pm

Saint Ronan wrote: It is impossible to please everyone and the more that Bungie changes the Halo series the more old time fans of Halo hate them. Halo was my first favorite game and Halo 2 after it was just as good, Halo 3 revived the love for such an amazing series with the familiar weaponry and MC but as soon as ODST came out... I know it's technically the same game as Halo 3 but it killed the die hard fan of Halo in me.

How can ODST kill the die hard fan of Halo? First off, it was an expansion. Not a full game and everyone was aware of it, also Bungie didn't put much into it because they were spending more resources and time on Reach making it a more kick ass game. You're not a very die hard fan if an expansion pack totally put you into a Halo depression.

Also, invisibility was apparently tweaked a LOT. And by tweaked I mean it has been nerfed a shitload. Apparently you can't run with it. If you do it turns into poor camo and it runs out faster, it takes a long time to regenerate, so I think that it can only be used for camping. Which could still be annoying but even then it still runs out in a few. I think this game will be great. It sure looks good anyway.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 20th April 2010, 8:54 am

@ Jag

Hmm, that doesn't sound too bad then if thats true about invisibility.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 20th April 2010, 10:31 am

Yeah i already know about the invisiblity thingy.All the armor abilites has some downsides.If you use jetpack,you are very vulnerable as everyone sees you and jetpack isnt going to be easy to control.
Assassinations?You worry about them?It takes about 3 seconds to actually kill the guy.And if someone is assassianting someone you save the guy whos getting assassinated by shooting the assassin.lol.Assassination is meant to humiliate players.Just like t-bagging(which is getting improved!).
Everything is balanced.Dont fucking worry.Well get to play the beta.YAAAY!
M3LA
M3LA

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 20th April 2010, 10:36 am

If they update Halo CE so it's compatible with XBL I'll be happy.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kush Befor Dusk 20th April 2010, 11:55 am

agreed cry. maybe an updated version of the game?
Kush Befor Dusk
Kush Befor Dusk
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 20th April 2010, 3:24 pm

@ M3la. Im not "worried" about assassinations. I think they are going to be very cool. But I dont understand how this is more effective than a melee attack to the back. Also, in such a fast paced twitch shooter, I cant see how this fits in really.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 20th April 2010, 3:38 pm

dude,i wasnt talking to you.
M3LA
M3LA

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 20th April 2010, 6:04 pm

DeadApe wrote:@ M3la. Im not "worried" about assassinations. I think they are going to be very cool. But I dont understand how this is more effective than a melee attack to the back. Also, in such a fast paced twitch shooter, I cant see how this fits in really.

Agreed this is going to make ninja assassinations retarded. It just makes you a wide open target because, its unnecessarily slow.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Ronan 20th April 2010, 8:51 pm

I think they're trying to make assassinations more realistic. Like we know Spartans and elites are strong but we can't really see that with the way assassinations worked before. Now it is much more believable as a way to kill a super human or 8 ft tall monster from space.
Saint Ronan
Saint Ronan

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 20th April 2010, 9:48 pm

And Halo started being realistic when...
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint Ronan 20th April 2010, 10:42 pm

when i said to Bungie. 'This isn't realistic at all' then they got back on track.
Saint Ronan
Saint Ronan

Back to top Go down

Post  Qthewinner 20th April 2010, 11:25 pm

I bet the assassinations will look cool, but piss off a great deal of people...
Qthewinner
Qthewinner

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 21st April 2010, 3:17 pm

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1085085p1.html

Check out IGNs hands on. My hope in the game has been restored. When you pick a loadout, it has a set weapon. So for instance, if you pick active camo, you start off with a sniper rifle (or w/e the active camo weapon is) and you can't change it unless you pick up an enemy weapon. I think they said they got rid of like normal weapons spawning on the map. So only the really powerful weapons are on the map. The whole controller setup is different, similar to battlefield now with the right bumper for melee.

What I am really excited about is the new matchmaking system. They say that they have gotten rid of the need for the guide button. This is great because I get sick of waiting for the guide to load to invite friends and stuff. All the stuff is right there in matchmaking, invite friends, parties, you can even queue up matches to join, so if your friend is in a match you can set it up so you will join as soon as he's finished.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 21st April 2010, 4:47 pm

ok i read 5 previews about reach.

Disappointments:

Cant customize elites.
Only six elites vs six spartans in invasion.Wut da fuk?
M3LA
M3LA

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 21st April 2010, 4:50 pm

Yea they said that the game focuses around your spartan that you create, not the elites. The elites are pretty much there only for invasion.

but 6v6.... thats not really an invasion...maybe a scuffle.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 21st April 2010, 5:04 pm

6v6? That's a barfight not a damn invasion.

Fucking Bungie.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 21st April 2010, 9:06 pm

DeadApe wrote:@ M3la. Im not "worried" about assassinations. I think they are going to be very cool. But I dont understand how this is more effective than a melee attack to the back. Also, in such a fast paced twitch shooter, I cant see how this fits in really.

After all, a detailed assassination really does work better than just smacking the guy in the back... Yeah, you can take an 8 gauge to the chest, but getting hit with the blunt end of your gun? No way.

Last edited by Meatshield718 on 21st April 2010, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 21st April 2010, 9:39 pm

Meatshield718 wrote:

After all, a detailed assassination really does work better than just smacking the guy in the back... Yeah, you can take an 8 gage to the chest, but getting hit with the blunt end of your gun? No way.

Its like getting hit with a steel baseball bat. I think it would kill you in the hands of a Spartan.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 21st April 2010, 9:47 pm

Masta Shef wrote:
Meatshield718 wrote:

After all, a detailed assassination really does work better than just smacking the guy in the back... Yeah, you can take an 8 gage to the chest, but getting hit with the blunt end of your gun? No way.

Its like getting hit with a steel baseball bat. I think it would kill you in the hands of a Spartan.

You forgot that if you get hit in the front, it doesn't kill you. Either way, you have a shield that is able to block most assault rifle fire, and even direct grenade impact for a short period of time.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next