Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD.

+5
o0DeathGore0o
Namorg
Masta Shef
GenocidePsycho
Slacker Hero
9 posters

Go down

Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD.

Post  Slacker Hero 21st June 2010, 4:15 pm

Xbox 360 Slim shuts down to prevent RROD.

It's become a common joke that the new Xbox 360 Slim prevents Red Rings of Death simply because Microsoft took the red lights out. However, it's been revealed that there is a real preventative measure built into the Slim, as opposed to a simple aesthetic avoidance of the issue. The new Xbox 360 SKU voluntarily shuts itself down if it's not ventilating properly, in a bid to avoid damage from overheating.

If the 360 detects that it isn't getting enough ventilation, it will give the player a warning message before entering shutdown mode, whereupon its power light will flash. The system can then be switched on again once the light ceases to flash. The idea is to increase the lifespan of the console by powering down before it gets too hot and suffers internal damage.

A smart idea in theory, but one wonders how annoying a 360 that shuts itself down will be, especially if Microsoft hasn't fixed the issue of overheating in the first place. Has Microsoft fixed the RRoD only to replace it with an even more embarrassing and widespread problem? We'll have to wait and see just how often this shutdown feature needs to kick in before we know for sure. I just have a bad feeling about this, given Microsoft's commitment to making terrible things happen.

From Destructoid

I agree with the article, it seems like a good idea but I guarantee that instead of getting a rrod, xbox users who brought a slim will just constantly see that message and it will manually shut itself off. Thoughts?
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty Re: Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD.

Post  GenocidePsycho 21st June 2010, 4:20 pm

Yeh, i saw a video on youtube, He called it the red DOT Of death.

I don't ever think microsoft will fix it to be honest, it's just gunna be something on the xbox that all the PS3 "Fanboys" can laugh at us about.
GenocidePsycho
GenocidePsycho
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD. Empty Re: Hey guess what? Xbox still hasn't fixed the RROD.

Post  Masta Shef 21st June 2010, 4:22 pm

You'd think they would of learned from when the first run of the original xbox was shipped without fans and exploded. Than came the Xbox 360 5 years later.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 21st June 2010, 5:13 pm

Wow seriously? I wanted to buy the slim primarily to not have to worry about RROD. Now i will have to worry about RROD and my xbox shutting off every time it gets a little too hot after 1-2 hours of playing. Great
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  o0DeathGore0o 21st June 2010, 5:41 pm

I'll stick with my elite, after 2 years it hasn't failed me yet
o0DeathGore0o
o0DeathGore0o
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 21st June 2010, 6:09 pm

Knock on wood my elite hasn't failed for a while.

1. Maybe there is an option to stop your console from auto-shutdown.
2. It doesn't say anything about shutting down after a long days use, it just says if its not ventilated well. In theory as long as your xbox isn't kept inside a cardboard box or under a pile of laundry it should run fine.
3. This will stop Slacker Hero from making his gay excuse "I need to give my xbox some rest."
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 21st June 2010, 10:40 pm

DeadApe wrote:Knock on wood my elite hasn't failed for a while. 2. It doesn't say anything about shutting down after a long days use, it just says if its not ventilated well.
I was just gonna say that. And if it starts shutting down on you, it probabloy means there's some dust inside. Just send it to Microsoft, they'll open it, remove the dust and send it back to you with a free month of LIVE gold membership.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 21st June 2010, 11:15 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
I was just gonna say that. And if it starts shutting down on you, it probabloy means there's some dust inside. Just send it to Microsoft, they'll open it, remove the dust and send it back to you with a free month of LIVE gold membership.

thats exactly what i did, it works fine now, and has been about a year since then
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 21st June 2010, 11:26 pm

DeadApe wrote:
3. This will stop Slacker Hero from making his gay excuse "I need to give my xbox some rest."

hahaha that made me laugh but I guess now he will just be informing you that his xbox is going to shutdown
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum