Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
PS3 Hack Attack Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
PS3 Hack Attack Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
PS3 Hack Attack Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
PS3 Hack Attack Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
PS3 Hack Attack Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
PS3 Hack Attack Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
PS3 Hack Attack Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
PS3 Hack Attack Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
PS3 Hack Attack Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
PS3 Hack Attack Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
PS3 Hack Attack Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
PS3 Hack Attack Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

PS3 Hack Attack

+16
Jagdgeschwader
ApocalypseVVolf.
Meatshield718
andrew
steveeeee
XxMYSTICxXENOxX
B Mane65
BOBBY BOCCE
KZ Powned
Cry Vengeance
Slacker Hero
Made in Finland
DeadApe
x Swiftyy v
Cazio117
eaustinn36
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PS3 Hack Attack Empty PS3 Hack Attack

Post  eaustinn36 27th April 2011, 9:14 am

*If a topic like this already exists, please let me know

*I saw this on the news recently, so i'll work on getting an online source

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you own a PS3? Well if you do, your information could be at risk. In what is being called the biggest online security breach in recent years, Sony's Playstation Network has been hacked recently. Hackers have now obtained loads of information, including Credit Card numbers and Billing Address Info.

I can't confirm this, but apparently PS3's network is down as of right now because of this.

Again, i'll edit in a source for this when I find one.

Glad we own a xbox instead, huh?

EDIT: To read more on this, go here:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/credit-card-data-could-have-been-swiped-in-hacker-attack-on-sonys-playstation-network/story-e6frgakx-1226045373031

Last edited by eaustinn36 on 27th April 2011, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

PS3 Hack Attack Empty Re: PS3 Hack Attack

Post  Cazio117 27th April 2011, 10:25 am

This is why I'm glad i don't use my credit card online in general.

Cazio117
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  x Swiftyy v 27th April 2011, 10:48 am

Ok i Admit i hate PS3, But stealing people's Bank Details is a bit too far. I am pretty sure the Hackers are getting Revenge, because i remember something about a hacker that had to flee the US because of him hacking HIS PS3 not the whole Network. In a way Sony probably had this coming to them.

x Swiftyy v
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 27th April 2011, 11:17 am

*OP updated with one (of many) sources on this new breaking story. You can literally just google it though now, as more articles are surfacing by the hour (posted online today).

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/australian-it/credit-card-data-could-have-been-swiped-in-hacker-attack-on-sonys-playstation-network/story-e6frgakx-1226045373031
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 27th April 2011, 11:22 am

Yea heard about this its pretty nuts. Not good for Sony.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 27th April 2011, 11:30 am

Article said it's costing Sony an estimated $24 billion, and that "If the intruder successfully stole credit card data, the heist would rank among the biggest known thefts of financial data."

If any member here has a PS3 and have a credit card linked to it, i'd call your bank to check (just to make sure).

eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 27th April 2011, 11:53 am

Actually the PSN has been offline for days now, the information heist only happened yesterday though. The DDoS is supposed to be a protest against the Sony and GeoHot lawsuit. As for the stolen data, it still includes all your personal data from your name, home address and possibly the e-mail you used to create the PSN account, and the password to your PSN account, which for probably 50% of the users is the same as their e-mail's password is because people are idiots.

And I recall hearing it was one of the Sony workers who stole the data within the Sony office, not some random hackers DDoSing the PSN, but I can't confirm that...

PS: There's also someone attempting to phis your accounts through the Xbox Live at the moment, so yeah, hooray for the ultra-superior Xbox Live... Rolling Eyes
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 27th April 2011, 12:32 pm

Phis?

You mean phish or is that something else?
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 27th April 2011, 12:37 pm

Phish, as in phishing. Sorry, forgot the other h...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 27th April 2011, 1:34 pm

So apparently Anonymous was DDoSing the Sony network because of the entire Geohot incident, but that's already been solved. They aren't claiming responsibility for PSN being down right now.

PSN has been down for 6-7 days now, and only yesterday did Sony come out and say that personal info had been leaked.

The funny thing is, I've been using my PS3 more in the last week than I have since I got it. I don't have any credit card info on it and I already changed my passwords and what not.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 27th April 2011, 2:00 pm

Made in Finland wrote:
PS: There's also someone attempting to phis your accounts through the Xbox Live at the moment, so yeah, hooray for the ultra-superior Xbox Live... Rolling Eyes

People phish when they can't take what they want by force. So I guess it is superior.

Also, your only at risk for that if you play matchmaking in MW2, so I suppose it could hardly be considered a risk at all.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 27th April 2011, 2:10 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:People phish when they can't take what they want by force. So I guess it is superior.

Also, your only at risk for that if you play matchmaking in MW2, so I suppose it could hardly be considered a risk at all.
Hence "ultra-superior", in the usual sarcastic tone.

It's not as bad, but goes to show that Xbox Live is indeed vulnerable too. And if Microsoft gave any reason, they wouldn't stand much against a really well distributed DoS either...
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 27th April 2011, 2:47 pm

Microsoft's network isn't nearly as vulnerable as PSN's. What was exploited was MW2's unbelievably shitty game code and network input/output decs, which is why the people responsible can only phish for information rather than run a brute force program directly through Live.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 27th April 2011, 2:57 pm

Cry Vengeance wrote:Microsoft's network isn't nearly as vulnerable as PSN's. What was exploited was MW2's unbelievably shitty game code and network input/output decs, which is why the people responsible can only phish for information rather than run a brute force program directly through Live.
No one has a reason to do so, that's why it isn't happening. The phishing is done by a couple individuals for their personal profit. The DDoS on PSN consists of thousands, if not millions of people on a quest for revenge.

The methods of DDoSing Xbox Live (or an individual through Xbox Live) have been long known, all that it would take to bring the entire service down is enough people.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 27th April 2011, 4:41 pm

Im confused, isn't phishing just tricking someone into giving you their information?

I feel as if this is only effective on morons who like to scream their social security numbers.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazio117 27th April 2011, 5:10 pm

DeadApe wrote:Im confused, isn't phishing just tricking someone into giving you their information?

I feel as if this is only effective on morons who like to scream their social security numbers.
Pretty much, but if they had their billing information/email and what type of game they play, could be pretty hurtful, the hacker could send them an email offering special discounts on games that they would most likely play, and provide an url to a fake website claiming to sell these games, someone falls for it and attempts to purchase one and with most phishing sites they'd get an error saying something along the lines of "Due to technical difficulties we are not accepting orders at this time" etc.. All of their information would be logged into a txt file. That's just a basic example but a lot of people would fall for it.

Cazio117
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 27th April 2011, 5:18 pm

They've hacked into the news feed within MW2, as far as I know. So their scam should be displayed in that small news box you see whenever you go to multiplayer... not so obvious scam if that's how it really is.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  KZ Powned 27th April 2011, 5:35 pm

iv gone and changed all my passwords and what not but im curious would this affect my netflix in any way since i have the info on both my ps3 and my xbox or is that separate from the psn

also i cant even go on their site to change passwords atm

and dose this affect you if you haven't played any games online, only just turned it on to use netlfix??
KZ Powned
KZ Powned
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  BOBBY BOCCE 27th April 2011, 6:30 pm

sony is pretty dumb for saving all our passwords in plain text instead of encrypting them. fail sony. fail.
BOBBY BOCCE
BOBBY BOCCE
I don't miss.

Back to top Go down

Post  B Mane65 27th April 2011, 9:51 pm

i heard sony is going to delete all the usernames and everyone is going to have to restart..i dunno but yea thats what i heard but frankly i dont care anyways cause ps3 is shit and thats why i bought a 360
B Mane65
B Mane65

Back to top Go down

Post  x Swiftyy v 27th April 2011, 9:53 pm

B Mane65 wrote:i heard sony is going to delete all the usernames and everyone is going to have to restart..i dunno but yea thats what i heard but frankly i dont care anyways cause ps3 is shit and thats why i bought a 360
....Good man.

x Swiftyy v

Back to top Go down

PS3 Hack Attack Empty The Attack of the ps3

Post  XxMYSTICxXENOxX 28th April 2011, 11:59 am

so all sony players will not be able to play online any more man I'm glad I bought a 360 dunno I even heard that the hackers have gone into ther bank detail.
XxMYSTICxXENOxX
XxMYSTICxXENOxX
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 3rd May 2011, 10:58 am

Well... guess who got hacked again? This time it was Sony's PC Network I think, but still yet another 25 million or so will be affected. For more info, go here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/140496/20110502/sony-hacked-again.htm

Not looking good for sony...

EDIT: Yes I know the link keeps messing up (dam campus PC's); trying to fix it now. Just google "Sony Hacked Again" for the time being.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  steveeeee 3rd May 2011, 7:04 pm

pretty funny how sony can't stop something like this
steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.