Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash

+10
Sir Manguydude
NegativeHUNTER
mboddz751
Jagdgeschwader
steveeeee
andrew
eaustinn36
A Chaotic GOD
Slacker Hero
RedrumSalad
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash

Post  RedrumSalad 6th August 2011, 2:13 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3737594/Crash-kills-Osama-death-team.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

RIP
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty Re: SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash

Post  Slacker Hero 6th August 2011, 2:32 pm

NOPE.

That's from The Sun, give me an actual credible news website please.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash Empty Re: SEALS Team Six Killed in Afghanistan Crash

Post  A Chaotic GOD 6th August 2011, 2:36 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/world/asia/07afghanistan.html Shocked
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ap-sources-navy-seals-from-unit-that-killed-bin-laden-among-those-lost-in-helicopter-crash/2011/08/06/gIQAbRTcyI_story.html Shocked

Last edited by A Chaotic GOD on 6th August 2011, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Chaotic GOD
A Chaotic GOD
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 6th August 2011, 2:36 pm

Yeah completely BS. First off they couldn't even know that the SEAL TEAM 6 was killed, as no one knows their true identity. Second, after what they did, I highly doubt they are still doing front line combat missions.

EDIT: Second article confirms a lot, but not that it was seal team unit six.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 7th August 2011, 1:09 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44043847/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/08/06/20-members-of-seal-team-six-killed-in-afghanistan-helicopter-crash/
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/06/earlyshow/saturday/main20089003.shtml
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/06/ap/cabstatepent/main20089050.shtml

Enough fucking proof for yall?

So many articles from CBS cuz of developing story, I guess.
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 7th August 2011, 1:36 am

Nope.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  steveeeee 7th August 2011, 2:08 am

lmfao
steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 7th August 2011, 1:08 pm

I finished watching this on the news yesterday. While the seals were from the same unit, they were NOT the same ppl who killed Osama.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 7th August 2011, 1:11 pm

No, not at all. It's complete bull.

1. Who is Seal Team Six? They came up with that name and no reporter could back up the name, no editorial could claim responsibility for it, it's like they didn't exist.

2. So the people of this non-existential unit are now dead? When they were an SF group and probably had hidden identities?

3. This has NEVER happened in Afghanistan or Iraq. There's never been a helicopter shot down by Taliban. Suddenly they shoot down like it's nothing a CH47 with a damn RPG? Yeah right. You know how high these helicopters fly from the ground? You know how far an RPG can effectively hit a target? Let alone a moving target? If they actually shot down a helicopter, it wasn't with an RPG. So the Pentagon better started fessing up to the Taliban having Strela missiles or similar, because classified documents from the wikileaks leak already confirm the Taliban using Strela and Stinger missiles.

This stinks with BS. I'm not buying it. This is either to drum up sympathy for the war or something like this actually happened, but they're giving us misleading information. Wrong times, wrong places, what even shot down the helicopter, what helicopter was shot down, etc.

@Erik

Now that makes more sense. Now they better tell them it wasn't an RPG.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 7th August 2011, 1:31 pm

A chinook was actually disabled/arguably shot down by RPG fire during the battle of Takur Ghar (Even though it was technically offloading troops I believe).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Takur_Ghar
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  NegativeHUNTER 7th August 2011, 1:41 pm

i heard they were going in to back up some troop that were pinned down by insurgents
NegativeHUNTER
NegativeHUNTER
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  mboddz751 7th August 2011, 1:44 pm

the one at Takur Ghar? Because that one crash landed from its damages after trying to go back for a man that fell off of the ramp.
mboddz751
mboddz751
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Manguydude 7th August 2011, 2:11 pm

mboddz751 wrote:the one at Takur Ghar? Because that one crash landed from its damages after trying to go back for a man that fell off of the ramp.
To be exact they had just fled an LZ because of RPG fire. From ther the members of the squad that had made it to the heli wanted to go back into the dangerous LZ zone to reve their mates. As the team was jumping out the back about ten feet off the ground it got hit by an RPG. It was in MoH and everything.
Sir Manguydude
Sir Manguydude
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 7th August 2011, 2:40 pm

It could have been a Stinger missile. I mean, we do know that we gave them these, and we probably wouldn't want to admit that that is what shot it down.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 7th August 2011, 3:22 pm

Sir Manguydude wrote:
mboddz751 wrote:the one at Takur Ghar? Because that one crash landed from its damages after trying to go back for a man that fell off of the ramp.
To be exact they had just fled an LZ because of RPG fire. From ther the members of the squad that had made it to the heli wanted to go back into the dangerous LZ zone to reve their mates. As the team was jumping out the back about ten feet off the ground it got hit by an RPG. It was in MoH and everything.

MoH was a fictionalized account of the attack.

Meatshield718 wrote:It could have been a Stinger missile. I mean, we do know that we gave them these, and we probably wouldn't want to admit that that is what shot it down.

Wouldn't be the Stinger missiles we gave them in the 80s. A lot of them were returned, with the remaining being given by the Mujahideen to other nations. Needless to say, the battery on stinger missiles lasts 4 to 5 years. Any missiles we gave them in the 80s wouldn't be operable anymore. That doesn't mean though that they couldn't have gotten a copy or some out of the black market. Likely, if this is the case, a Strela shot it down.

Last edited by Jagdgeschwader on 7th August 2011, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 7th August 2011, 3:25 pm

Couldn't they replace the batteries?
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 7th August 2011, 3:29 pm

I don't know. But I know it's an internal battery and would require a factory to replace it correctly and someone who is very knowledgeable in the way Stinger missiles are constructed. Near impossible in the field, and even more difficult to get just a battery.

Chances are very slim and very unlikely. As far as I know those missiles are destroyed if their battery dies, or are used for training before that happens.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 7th August 2011, 3:31 pm

Well, a Strela it is. (Or the luckiest RPG shot in the last 9 years of this war.)
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 7th August 2011, 3:36 pm

I guaran-darn-tee you it is.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 7th August 2011, 11:23 pm

Too much speculation on this.

I guess only US Govt top officials will know 100% what "really" happened.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Masta Shef 7th August 2011, 11:55 pm

This weekend, the rescue team had subdued attackers who had pinned down the Rangers and were departing in their Chinook helicopter when the aircraft was apparently hit, one of the officials said.

It sounds accurate to me that it may have been an RPG.
Masta Shef
Masta Shef
I type in my sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  Limey Polo 8th August 2011, 2:40 am

I think the untis they were reinforcing actually shot them down. Smile
Limey Polo
Limey Polo
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 8th August 2011, 2:49 am

Friendly fire eh?
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Limey Polo 8th August 2011, 2:52 am

andr_00_ew wrote:Friendly fire eh?
It's not exactly propaganda to confirm enemies have killed 22 of your elite soldiers. Rolling Eyes Especially when the 'motivation to support troops' has become reversed into motivation to have 'em withdrawn.
Limey Polo
Limey Polo
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 8th August 2011, 3:09 am

Visceral wrote:I think the untis they were reinforcing actually shot them down. Smile
Highly unlikely for three reasons,
1. The Taliban have no air assets. Thus, the only helicopters in the area are from NATO origin.
2. Rangers are highly trained, and know the shape and form of a Chinook, negating/eliminating the chances of friendly fire.
3. The crew of the Chinook would've radioed in beforehand advising the Rangers that a Chinook would be entering their AO.

In other related news,
It's been confirmed that all but two of the SEALS were from DEVGRU. And that the Rangers special operations force secured the crash site shortly after the crash.
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi
Zombie Killer Of The Year
Zombie Killer Of The Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum