Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms

+13
bman4782
A Groovy Tophat
ApocalypseVVolf.
andrew
DeadApe
snake eyez 89
A Chaotic GOD
. ADestroyer360
FoundDa Kiwi
RedrumSalad
snowwolf1996
Jagdgeschwader
Limey Polo
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms

Post  Limey Polo 14th August 2011, 11:38 am

Anyone else learning Krav Maga or another martial art? Krav Maga (to me, anyway) is solely for self-defense: efficient neutralization of a threat with exploitation of any leverage, 'dirty' or 'ruthless' both acceptable. I'm teaching myself independently, of course, as publicly educated forms are timid, constrained with a system that's ineffective for severe situations.

Krav Maga is ideal for incorporating the concept of eclecticism- adaptation (or integration) of competent maneuvers from other fields, which I personally utilize to modulate selected methodologies constructively. Naturally, as most of the form is derived from Krav Maga, it remains the style to the essence, although it is transformed into a subjective development due to judgments of which adjustments are essential - gradually evolving the practice into an individualistic one: personal to you.
Limey Polo
Limey Polo
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty Re: Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms

Post  Jagdgeschwader 14th August 2011, 11:48 am

I've got guns. Very Happy

Two, if you self teach yourself, you'll probably teach yourself something wrong, so you might want to get a instructor.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Empty Re: Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms

Post  snowwolf1996 14th August 2011, 12:16 pm

I am practicing Iaido, the samurai art of drawing the sword(sankyu-brown belt), with a dojo so i can wield a katana or wakasashi with great precision
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 14th August 2011, 12:56 pm

snowwolf1996 wrote:I am practicing Iaido, the samurai art of drawing the sword(sankyu-brown belt), with a dojo so i can wield a katana or wakasashi with great precision

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm

Razz Razz Razz
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 14th August 2011, 1:03 pm

ha, screw martial arts, im getting a pistol license ASAP Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 14th August 2011, 1:28 pm

.45 caliber.
Because shooting twice is silly.
Razz
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi
Zombie Killer Of The Year
Zombie Killer Of The Year

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 14th August 2011, 2:17 pm

No it isn't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GAU-8_Avenger_contrast.jpg
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Limey Polo 14th August 2011, 3:05 pm

This is a discussion on bone-arms, not fire-arms or water-arms.
Limey Polo
Limey Polo
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 14th August 2011, 3:40 pm

I've been studying judo for about 6 months now, so when I DON'T have a gun, I can defend myself.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  A Chaotic GOD 14th August 2011, 3:42 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defendo
A Chaotic GOD
A Chaotic GOD
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  snake eyez 89 14th August 2011, 4:52 pm

i have been learning MMA for a while its quite fun and shows you how to defend yourself if you ever needed to
snake eyez 89
snake eyez 89
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 14th August 2011, 4:53 pm

Sounds pretty sweet limeypolo. I always thought Krav Maga was cool. My cousin is learning it but he's young.

Gun or not, martial arts seems like something thats just healthy for you, mind and body.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 14th August 2011, 4:54 pm

Guns.
Edit: I was in a boxing club for around 6 years, and I did retain most of it
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 14th August 2011, 5:23 pm

I know a slim amount of tae kwon do, and using a blunt weapon is easy enough, I don't have a handgun to defend myself, and I'm not going to lug around a rifle in public.

I haven't had the need to get into an "actual fight" in awhile, though some guy tried to steal my bike at SubWay a few weeks ago, and I ended up sending him running, it's only because he swung at me, missed, I pushed him down, and with his swing still in motion was not able to catch himself, he fell on his face, it was funny, I think he broke his nose from the fall on concrete, but he caught me in the ribs before that.

That's the only violence I have experienced in roughly 3-6 months, So If I ran into anyone decent at fighting, I would get my ass kicked.Though I usually end up talking my way out of fights, before they erupt.

But me being so self-effaced, I'm probably under-estimating myself.
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 14th August 2011, 5:36 pm

ApocalypseVVolf. wrote:I know a slim amount of tae kwon do, and using a blunt weapon is easy enough, I don't have a handgun to defend myself, and I'm not going to lug around a rifle in public.

I haven't had the need to get into an "actual fight" in awhile, though some guy tried to steal my bike at SubWay a few weeks ago, and I ended up sending him running, it's only because he swung at me, missed, I pushed him down, and with his swing still in motion was not able to catch himself, he fell on his face, it was funny, I think he broke his nose from the fall on concrete, but he caught me in the ribs before that.

That's the only violence I have experienced in roughly 3-6 months, So If I ran into anyone decent at fighting, I would get my ass kicked.Though I usually end up talking my way out of fights, before they erupt.

But me being so self-effaced, I'm probably under-estimating myself.

Welp... i know no martial arts. I unfortunately used to get into a lot of fights... im a bit hot headed at times and dont think before i say something. I can fight.. decently. I mean i can hold my own. Maybe take someone a bit bigger than me if i need to. Only time i really worried i was in actual danger was a group of 3 kids like 14 -15 tried to jump me... i broke my skate board over the oldest lookin kids forehead lmao. The rest got him up and ran. Since then i started carrying i knife though, dont wanna ever have to use it, really just have to in case i need to scare someone off. Anyway ya. I was for the longest time planning on learning to box. Not a martial art but still. ATM my cousin James, when he comes down every couple weeks, teaches me wat he learned in Combatives in the military.

Anyway my point is i dont know any, but am learn things from Combatives, from my cousin in the military.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  bman4782 14th August 2011, 5:39 pm

My dads a karate teacher so I would have to ask him for all this stuff.

bman4782
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 14th August 2011, 5:41 pm

bman4782 wrote:My dads a karate teacher so I would have to ask him for all this stuff.

I dont mean this in an insulting way or anything like that.... but how exactly would you learn Karate? No offense but wouldnt that be... a little... problematic?
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 14th August 2011, 6:39 pm

I've learned a little of combatives, I was in boxing for a short time and was OK at that, but I don't like hurting people just for the fun so boxing wasn't my thing.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  eegleindia 14th August 2011, 7:01 pm

snowwolf1996 wrote:I am practicing Iaido, the samurai art of drawing the sword(sankyu-brown belt), with a dojo so i can wield a katana or wakasashi with great precision

You're going to carry around a sword for self defense?
eegleindia
eegleindia
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 14th August 2011, 7:23 pm

Courtyard Droll wrote:

Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Samura12

A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 14th August 2011, 11:27 pm

Tophat 44 wrote:
Courtyard Droll wrote:

Krav Maga & Other Self-Defense Forms Samura12

hell ya man...jk but you dont need a sword you can use almost anything although they would be less effective.

P.S. ive gained alot of jock type enemies so i carry a knife just for safety purposes
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  NegativeHUNTER 15th August 2011, 9:12 am

Tophat 44 wrote:
bman4782 wrote:My dads a karate teacher so I would have to ask him for all this stuff.

I dont mean this in an insulting way or anything like that.... but how exactly would you learn Karate? No offense but wouldn't that be... a little... problematic?

Some places teach Karate specifically for the handy capable, so the user ca fight sitting down ad its pretty effective judging from videos I've seen.
NegativeHUNTER
NegativeHUNTER
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 15th August 2011, 11:34 am

4 Years of Eskrima. While I'll agree that guns are a form of self-defense, and a damn good one. (Especially revolvers.) something you need to understand is, guns need to be reloaded and maintained, or they can fail and hurt you in the long run. Also, guns can be used against you as easily as they can be used against others.

In a martial art, there exists a certainty of control, and considering the general attitude seems to be "lol I have a gun", it's safe to assume that by learning a skill such as Martial arts, you would be hard pressed to find someone under the same hat.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 15th August 2011, 11:40 am

also ive been thinking of taking aikido so if im in trouble ill be able to use my momentum and thier body weight against them...and be able to roll well
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  snake eyez 89 15th August 2011, 1:32 pm

heres some videos of MMA
https://youtu.be/EGLxsLda_ko

https://youtu.be/MAxfXCl_tfQ
the first vid is at the gym were i train the second is just a random clip
snake eyez 89
snake eyez 89
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next