Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Just a Suggestion Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Just a Suggestion Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Just a Suggestion Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Just a Suggestion Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Just a Suggestion Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Just a Suggestion Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Just a Suggestion Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Just a Suggestion Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Just a Suggestion Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Just a Suggestion Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Just a Suggestion Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Just a Suggestion Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Just a Suggestion

+3
steveeeee
DeadApe
VrAzZLe Meister
7 posters

Go down

Just a Suggestion Empty Just a Suggestion

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 17th October 2011, 5:04 am

This thread is for the staff to see, I figured this would catch their eye better than a PM.

Why exactly can't we go up the stairs in the scenario "Diplomatic Immunity"? You know what stairs I'm talking about. I understand it takes away the challenge when the zombies climb over the buses and over run the survivors. But it is complete BULLSHIT when the buses de-spawn from under the survivors feet. This has happened every single time I've gone up for the scenario, and I can guarantee it'll keep happening.

I mean to be forced to run around with your thumb up your ass because something happened that you couldn't control is rediculous. At the very least I think if and only if the buses do de-spawn, the survivors should be able to escape and defend atop the set of stairs.

It's not like running around the entire game is gonna get you anywhere. And trying to fight them off might as well be suicide. Anyhow I just thought I'd put it out there. Apparently it's against the rules to defend atop the stairs (unless I have been misinformed), even though zombies are pouring in through lack there of buses.
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Just a Suggestion Empty Re: Just a Suggestion

Post  DeadApe 17th October 2011, 8:40 am

First off, thank you for properly using the Support section.

I made Diplomatic Immunity. When I made it, the stairs were a judgement call. If we felt a team ran to the stairs too early and had too easy of a time we wouldn't give them the achievement (we would of course give them a few warning calls in-game first to move to a different location within the game zone, however this usually meant forcing death on the team.)
Ever since I stopped hosting and other staff member have, they have imposed the no-staircase rule. Since they are the hosts now, that's really just how it goes. I can see why they made this rule, since defending the stairs makes the scenario extremely easy, even with only one or two players left.
The disappearing bus issue sucks. It only happens when a player(s) in the game is lagging very badly (apparently it happens to you all the time.) The sad truth is that, just because your buses disappear we cannot allow players to take the easiest option out by defending the stairs. It pretty much gives them an automatic win which is just as unfair.
However I suppose that having an alternative option if your buses disappear wouldn't be a terrible idea. It would save a bunch of failed matches and could actually be interesting.

I'll try and work on this. Thank you very much for your suggestion.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  steveeeee 17th October 2011, 11:26 am

why not just use ambulances or fire trucks and leave the sirens on, that way they CANT disappear.
steveeeee
steveeeee
Hail to the King Baby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwytch 17th October 2011, 2:16 pm

^
This
Zwytch
Zwytch
Hail to the King Baby.

https://www.youtube.com/ZwytchGaming

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 17th October 2011, 3:14 pm

I remember being there twice when you went up for Diplomatic Immunity, and on the second time when the buses disappeared, I remember thinking "What, again?". I figured the buses disappeared if at some point nobody in the game was looking at them, i.e. if the survivors were all looking way up the road at the same time. I had figured that if I ever went up for it I'd want to jump down off the buses and try to shoot through the chain link fence on the right, that way I'd help the team and keep my eye on one of the buses and have an angle on any that get close enough to climb the bus.

I guess it's all irrelevant now. However, I personally shouldn't be having any lag come this weekend (I'm getting my connection fixed). Good luck next time you go up for it. I know it must be annoying being screwed out of beating that scenario because of a glitch.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 17th October 2011, 4:15 pm

steveeeee wrote:why not just use ambulances or fire trucks and leave the sirens on, that way they CANT disappear.

SWiTCH SH0Tz wrote:^
This

Buses "cannot" disappear just as much as ambulances/firetrucks "cannot" disappear. They both fall victim to lag in the same way.

One issue that may be the cause of your Houdini buses is that I am pretty sure most of the hosts make the zombies get the buses. DO NOT DO THIS. I understand this saves time, but if the bus isn't "your" bus it will disappear. At the very least get inside of the bus after the zombies drop it off so that you can "claim" it. It's weird but I'm fairly certain it works this way.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  ApocalypseVVolf. 17th October 2011, 6:52 pm

Survivors can run up the helicopter stairs the last 1:00 - 2:00 minutes if the buses are de-spawned, destroyed, or misplaced.

Seems like a fair rule.
ApocalypseVVolf.
ApocalypseVVolf.
Lykanthropos

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 17th October 2011, 7:04 pm

ApocalypseVVolf. wrote:Survivors can run up the helicopter stairs the last 1:00 - 2:00 minutes if the buses are de-spawned, destroyed, or misplaced.

Seems like a fair rule.

3 minutes?
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down