Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo)

+14
Meatshield718
Bornkillajazzman
VrAzZLe Meister
FoundDa Kiwi
Cloakey100
Pwnisher James
snowwolf1996
mboddz751
STUNTMAN1TY
Dexta117
KGBOOM
A Groovy Tophat
. ADestroyer360
Desert Sleepy
18 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty Re: Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo)

Post  snowwolf1996 31st December 2011, 4:58 pm

sending email for the lines
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 1st January 2012, 1:19 am

Hi.

Sound editing software.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It's pretty easy to figure out.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 7th January 2012, 2:01 am

Sent you an e-mail about voice acting Des.
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi
Zombie Killer Of The Year
Zombie Killer Of The Year

Back to top Go down

Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo) - Page 2 Empty RE : Filming/OOC (Outpost Echo)

Post  gooseinthehoose 9th January 2012, 8:24 pm

i can act if you want and voice act if you need it, but i'd be happier just doing the physical acting
gooseinthehoose
gooseinthehoose
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 12th January 2012, 1:32 pm

Hey Des did you get any female voice actors for the nurse/doctor and dyama because my good friend said she could
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 13th January 2012, 1:57 am

hey des i need to know this by tomorrow or else she will claw my eyes out
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 13th January 2012, 2:06 am

Got one for the doctor, still need one for Dyama. You can tell her to send an audition audio file to sleepyopossum@gmail.com

I'll be writing the script soon. I've got a few actors from the sites I visited. Also, I still need everyone who plans on acting their character or another to send me an audio file, both to confirm their e-mail, and to confirm that they can send me working audio files.

Already confirmed for Dexta and Dilmynster.

After the script is written and I've sent the lines out to the actors, I'll schedule a game for filming (for scenes that require more than 4 players, IE big zombie and rebel fights).

EDIT: Confirmed for snowwolf.

Last edited by Desert Sleepy on 13th January 2012, 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 13th January 2012, 2:12 am

kool beans i'll tell her tomorrow and send you my shit right away
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 15th January 2012, 9:34 pm

BUUUUUUUUUMP! Because I need to tell everyone participating something.

You MUST get your sample audio in. This means that if you're recording lines for your character in the future, you have to send in an "audition" (I use the term loosely, as I'll almost certainly cast you as yourself). Just record using sound recorder or audacity or something and e-mail it to me at sleepyopossum@gmail.com

Sound recorder is on every Windows computer, and audacity is free. If you can't figure out how to record with one of these and send it to me, then you don't have the basic technical expertise to act. All you need is a computer and a microphone. The sound quality should come out better than anything you get on LIVE.

I cannot stress this enough, you MUST get those audio files turned into me. I need both your e-mail so I can send you lines in the future, and your audio file so I know if you're good to voice act your character or not. If you aren't up for voice acting, that's okay, I'll find a substitute. But I cannot continue with the game until I've got the cast sorted out. Send in those files, please.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 16th January 2012, 12:47 am

who else do you need for parts?
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 16th January 2012, 1:41 am

Everyone. So far only you, Dexta, and Dil are confirmed as possible voice actors. Everyone else who wants to help needs to send the audio files.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 16th January 2012, 10:42 am

FFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!! PEOPLE GEYT MICS AND SZTOP BEING LAZZZZZY
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 16th January 2012, 10:44 am

snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 16th January 2012, 10:46 am

snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 17th January 2012, 9:22 pm

I woke up around 6:30 PM today, despite my most brilliant "Wake up on time" plan yet, and have come to the conclusion that the more brilliant the plan, the more horribly wrong it's going to go. As a result, I'm kind of cranky, so forgive me if I seem a tad annoyed this post. If you hate reading, just look at the caps.

It's been a significant amount of time since I first posted that I needed voice actors to send in audio files, and then reminded you guys that I can't do anything until people send in their audio files, and the only progress that's been made is that I have snowwolf, Dexta, and Vrazzle confirmed as voice actors.

How do I confirm that I'll voice act my character? Simple, follow the instructions I posted twice before now, the instructions that anyone with a computer microphone can follow for free. Use sound recorder or audacity, both free, one of which comes with every Windows computer. Use the RECORD BUTTON to START RECORDING and then RECORD YOUR VOICE. After doing this, SEND YOUR AUDIO FILE to sleepyopossum@gmail.com which is MY E-MAIL ADDRESS. An AUDIO FILE is something you hear. Hearing is when you get those weird things coming in through your ears on the side of your head.

If you sent me an e-mail before to confirm your e-mail address, thanks, but I also need your AUDIO confirmed. I'm waiting for everyone who at one point volunteered to voice act their own character to send these AUDIO FILES in. If you no longer wish to or are able to voice act, please say so here, otherwise I'm still waiting for you to send in your AUDIO FILE.

If you haven't sent me an AUDIO FILE by weeks end, I'm just going to recast you, as I literally CAN NOT CONTINUE PRODUCTION UNTIL I HAVE ALL THE PARTS CAST. Seriously, I should have covered everything at one point or another, but IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO ASK ME HERE, VIA PM, OR BY E-MAIL. ASK ASK ASK ASK ASK.

You want to move on with the game? SEND IN YOUR AUDIO FILE PLEASE. Still not clear on how to do something? USE A SEARCH ENGINE TO FIND AN ANSWER. That too much for you? IF THAT'S TOO MUCH, YOU DON'T HAVE THE BASIC WORK ETHIC REQUIRED TO VOICE ACT.

Note to snowwolf: You think you can remind that girl who was asking you about auditioning to send in her audition? Female voice actors are hard to come by.

EDIT: Kiwi confirmed.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 19th January 2012, 1:39 pm

ya srry she has had no time at all to send it in i'll ask if she is having any problems
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroZero 19th January 2012, 3:52 pm

Ha! Finally found the reply button!
*cough*
Anyway, I was wondering what the girl's personality was like. Gotta get into character~ ^ ^;
ZeroZero
ZeroZero
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 19th January 2012, 9:09 pm

ZeroZero wrote:Ha! Finally found the reply button!
*cough*
Anyway, I was wondering what the girl's personality was like. Gotta get into character~ ^ ^;

You'd be best off asking .ADestroyer 360, and reading the game topic. That should tell you a bit, but there hasn't been all that much character development yet, since it's only one episode in.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 19th January 2012, 9:47 pm

ZeroZero wrote:Ha! Finally found the reply button!
*cough*
WAAAAY Out of topic but awesome pic
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroZero 19th January 2012, 10:31 pm

Oh, thanks, Wolf. ^ ^

Anyway, yeah, I'll go talk to Destroyer. Thanks. c:
ZeroZero
ZeroZero
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 20th January 2012, 3:56 pm

Now have two female voice actors, so that part's complete. I need to make a full cast list.

Keep in mind that if you don't send in an audio file for yourself soon, I'm going to have to cast someone else as your character so that production can move on. That's not a threat, seeing as most of these people seem to be good at what they do, but it does mean you won't really have any say in your characters voice, which is a major part of it in the videos.

But on the main topic, MUSIC. If anyone can use one of those music creating programs and create music, even techno and dubstep and all that, then I would be very thankful (since I don't plan on using any other music, and the videos may be a bit barren without any music).

Even if you aren't involved in this, if you make the music I'll credit you in the videos and description as the person who made the music. So if anyone knows how to make music, be sure to get back to me here. I'll presumably make the entire video first, and then try to get ahold of appropriate music to put over certain parts. I might make requests if any of you can make music, IE "Can you make something that is ominous, but would also sound good during an action scene?".
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 20th January 2012, 7:03 pm

trying to make something but i am having stuff get in the way
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 21st January 2012, 8:10 pm

Alright, now that I've got a suitable amount of actors, I'm going to go through the game topic and write the script.

Still a tad disappointed in the low number of player auditions. Player characters don't talk as much as the NPCs, so I might have to either increase the amount of lines you say, or just cut out your lines entirely if you barely said anything, or barely said anything relevant.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  snowwolf1996 21st January 2012, 8:11 pm

yay
snowwolf1996
snowwolf1996

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 30th January 2012, 12:57 am

Here is the cast list I have for the player characters so far:

Player: Who's acting for their character

Dexta: Dexta
snowwolf: snowwolf
Vrazzle: Vrazzle
Kiwi: Kiwi
KGBOOM: Off site voice actor of my choosing
PwnisherJames: Off site voice actor of my choosing
Stuntmanity: Off site voice actor of my choosing
Tophat: Off site voice actor of my choosing
Lockon: Off site voice actor of my choosing
Cloakey: Off site voice actor of my choosing
Demitri: Off site voice actor of my choosing
sgtzombie: Off site voice actor of my choosing
ADestroyer: Already have actors on tap for this character
All others: Inactive for too long, characters died in the crash.

Now, to try and answer any questions.

Q: What the hell is this "Off site voice actor of my choosing" thing?
A: That means that the person who will be voice acting for your character will be a voice actor who I advertised the project to on another site. I've gotten several auditions from multiple voice acting sites, and as a result have a large group of voice actors on tap. I will be choosing on of them to play your character. As for the way I phrased it....

Q: Is it supposed to be threatening or something?
A: Not quite. "Off site voice actor of my choosing" is supposed to convey the fact that I have to find the actor myself because you didn't find one for yourself, and as such, it's my choice who I pick. That's not really a bad thing, as many of the actors who have sent me auditions are quite good, probably better than most players could do (since they after all do it as a hobby, because they enjoy it, instead of just because they need to). The main problem is the number of auditions. It would be very difficult to get a voice actor for twelve player characters. So even if (just a hypothetical example here) Voice actor Judd is a better actor than Vrazzle, I'll still cast Vrazzle as Vrazzle so that I can save Judd for roles that have nobody volunteering to play them. Basically, don't complain if you don't like who your voice actor is, they're taking time out of their day to do this for free, and they are better than the option you provided, which is nothing (provided you are among those who are marked as "Off site voice actor of my choosing").

Q: Why are the top four guys not the same as the others?
A: They responded to my offer to voice act for their own character, and sent me an audio file, which confirmed to me that they are capable of doing their own voice over and know how, thus leading to them getting the part. Just to elaborate, if you aren't voice acting for yourself, or you haven't found a substitute voice actor to voice act for you, then it's left completely up to me to find an actor for you, and as such, it's completely up to me who plays you. If you don't trust me to make the choice of who plays you, then find someone to voice act for you on your own. My complaints department will be completely closed to any gripes about you not liking the sound of your voice actor.

Q: How come they're voice acting as themselves?
A: Because I said anyone even a little capable of voice acting could do it, and because their voice acting for themselves makes this whole thing exponentially easier for me. Four less voice actors I have to find. And for the record, they aren't all that easy to find.

Q: I'd voice act for me! I don't want to risk getting a voice that I don't think fits my character.
A: Then read my last few posts in this thread in regards to how to voice act and send your audition to me. Unless your quality is horrible, you'll almost certainly get the part.

Q: What does ADestroyer's thing mean?
A: Because ADestroyer's character is female, I made sure to get to work on finding a female voice actor early, as I figured that would be the hardest part. Turns out, I already got some very good auditions for both speaking female characters, so that's all set. I'm just assuming ADestroyer isn't going to have any qualms with whoever I cast.

Q: How many characters need voices anyways?
A: Counting all player characters and speaking NPC's, 6 NPCs and 12 players. That's 18 voices. Four players have volunteered to play themselves, knocking it down to 14 voices. I think I have just enough voices to provide for those last 14, but I'd be relieved if anyone decided to suddenly volunteer for them self. Remember, you'll probably only say like 4 lines anyways.

Q: What the hell do you mean, 4 lines?! I said a lot more than that!
A: Probably true. Lines said to your PDAs won't go into the video, as the PDAs are solely a game element, meant to help guide you through and advise you in game, but not play an active role in the story. Also, the script has to be written by me. Why? Because for the video to make sense, it needs to have some flow. It can't change shots to a different conversation every ten seconds. Some lines are kept exactly as they were in the game topic, and some lines are completely fabricated for the purpose of having the video make some sense. Go look back at the sign up topic. I said I'd make videos based off of what you do in the game, and that's precisely what I intend to do. That's the most important aspect of it, what happens with the story, and you're in charge of that part. This doesn't change anything, the game is still played the exact same ways, and the script is still based off of what you said in the game. You should still expect either to hear your lines spoken, or hear something that means the same thing as your lines spoken, but said in a slightly different way. If you followed the game, you basically know exactly what's going to happen.

So, let's go over a few things. If you aren't comfortable with or able to voice act for your character, that's perfectly fine. I just prefer it if you can, since that makes one less actor I have to find. Keep in mind that many of you haven't said all that much, so any voice actor I cast as you would kind of be getting a really small part. If you're willing to act, go check out my previous posts, as I detail how to multiple times.

Also, I still need music for it (not copyrighted stuff). If anyone can use those music creator things, that'd be helpful, and you'd get an appropriate title and recognition in the credits and description.

You can still voice or body act if you aren't part of the game. You can still join the game if you want, just read the sign up topic and the game topic's "Joining late" section. You can still provide a voice for your character. You can still ask me any questions or give any suggestions. I hope this conveyed how complicated making a machinima is for a first timer like myself, and I hope you'll be patient. I'm working on the script now, and also dealing with all the voice actors. Hopefully, once everyone is cast and I've got the technique down, I'll be able to make these much faster. Thank you for being patient while waiting for the video to come out and the game to continue.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next