Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V

+5
A Groovy Tophat
Jagdgeschwader
Vicious Fox
Cloakey100
Slacker Hero
9 posters

Go down

Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V

Post  Slacker Hero 23rd March 2012, 12:46 pm

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/23171/multiplayer-crews-revealed-on-ign-play-from-max-payne-3-to-grand.html

I guess it's sorta like the Posses in RDR?

Not sure how I feel about this, sure it was cool for RDR but could this potentially fuck up any sorta custom games we'd try?
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty Re: Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V

Post  Cloakey100 23rd March 2012, 12:55 pm

fucker beat me to it

anyway i think its more battle log with the platoons just implimented into max payne and GTA
Cloakey100
Cloakey100
Guns dont kill zombies, I kill zombies.

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V Empty Re: Multiplayer Crews for Max Payne 3 carry over to GTA V

Post  Vicious Fox 23rd March 2012, 1:13 pm

Wooo max payne and cool but whats the multiplayer like ? free roam ahahaha
Vicious Fox
Vicious Fox
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 23rd March 2012, 1:36 pm

Unless it's like RDR where police come straight at you after you've killed a certain number of people, I don't see how this could screw things up. If anything, posse's just made free roams an impromptu TDM.

What I'm more concerned about is regenerating health (and it not being included) and weapon pickups (which should be the norm).

I never liked in RDR how you had all your weapons from the start. Even worse though is the regenerative health which is annoying and causes everyone to be resilient as hell. Hopefully, free modes and other gametypes will have the options like in GTA IV, which I'm not sure why they removed in RDR. If they have options, regenerative or pickup health being selectable would be most preferable.

If it's only regenerative health, then people need to be more fragile. That's the whole point of regenerative health in the first place.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 23rd March 2012, 2:48 pm

Not sure how i feel about this yet. Also jag, i think they were just trying to try new things for multiplayer to see how they would play out with the community with RDR. Either way i think we will be able to still hosts games so long as spawning aren't broken again lol.

Anyway the Paramilitary will at least be in GTA 5.

A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 23rd March 2012, 4:36 pm

Like Jag, regenerating health is a top concern for me.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 23rd March 2012, 6:26 pm

Maybe the bars over players' heads at the top of the article are health bars?

I'm not going to stop feeling anxious about this until both games are released. If it's all matchmaking, I'm going to be really disappointed.

Also, I'm sure they changed the health thing for RDR because it would have been both near impossible and a serious pain in the ass if health didn't regenerate, and it would throw people off if it didn't regenerate in multiplayer as well.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 23rd March 2012, 7:01 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:Maybe the bars over players' heads at the top of the article are health bars?

I'm not going to stop feeling anxious about this until both games are released. If it's all matchmaking, I'm going to be really disappointed.

Also, I'm sure they changed the health thing for RDR because it would have been both near impossible and a serious pain in the ass if health didn't regenerate, and it would throw people off if it didn't regenerate in multiplayer as well.

Doesn't in GTAIV, you just go get a medkit.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 23rd March 2012, 7:46 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:Maybe the bars over players' heads at the top of the article are health bars?

Doesn't in GTAIV, you just go get a medkit.

Yeah, but most of the areas in RDR are a very long way away from any place a medkit could be found (like a doctors office).
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mega King 23rd March 2012, 7:57 pm

Not necessarily true. There are a ton of camps about.
Super Mega King
Super Mega King
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 23rd March 2012, 8:44 pm

Not nearly enough. Aside from that, I'm sure most people would find RDR more fun with regenerating health than without it, since it's more forgiving.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 24th March 2012, 4:42 am

Desert Sleepy wrote:Not nearly enough. Aside from that, I'm sure most people would find RDR more fun with regenerating health than without it, since it's more forgiving.

Nothing wrong with pickup health. Especially if the characters are as tough as they are.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 24th March 2012, 4:43 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Nothing wrong with pickup health. Especially if the characters are as tough as they are.

It only takes about four bullets with the double action revolver to kill someone, and the fact that the reticule slows when aimed over people combined with the fact that bullets oftentimes have a tendency to home in on people (anyone who's used a rolling block or carcano rifle should have noticed this) would make having to go to whatever small area of civilization that's nearby every time you got shot way too unforgiving. And keep in mind that if health was a pickup thing and was located in towns and camps, then whenever people got into a shootout, the people in the towns and camps would hold them forever because they'd be able to heal, whereas the people trying to take it would get butchered due to no auto-healing. This isn't a problem in GTA because health packs are scattered everywhere (and the weapons aren't nearly as powerful), but I can only imagine maybe two health packs being able to fit into Armadillo.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 24th March 2012, 6:27 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
Jagdgeschwader wrote:Nothing wrong with pickup health. Especially if the characters are as tough as they are.

It only takes about four bullets with the double action revolver to kill someone, and the fact that the reticule slows when aimed over people combined with the fact that bullets oftentimes have a tendency to home in on people (anyone who's used a rolling block or carcano rifle should have noticed this) would make having to go to whatever small area of civilization that's nearby every time you got shot way too unforgiving. And keep in mind that if health was a pickup thing and was located in towns and camps, then whenever people got into a shootout, the people in the towns and camps would hold them forever because they'd be able to heal, whereas the people trying to take it would get butchered due to no auto-healing. This isn't a problem in GTA because health packs are scattered everywhere (and the weapons aren't nearly as powerful), but I can only imagine maybe two health packs being able to fit into Armadillo.

Four rounds from a six round revolver?

Also. CAMPS. You seemed to ignore that.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 24th March 2012, 6:35 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Four rounds from a six round revolver?

Also. CAMPS. You seemed to ignore that.

I was talking about camps as well when I mentioned "small area of civilization". The camps are usually few and VERY far between.

And the four shots are fired in about under one second, and reloaded in about one and a half to two seconds.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 24th March 2012, 6:46 pm

I just want both games to have great single player and a multiplayer mode that lets us do what we want instead of trying to force us into a bunch of preset game modes that we don't like.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 24th March 2012, 10:10 pm

Max Payne is most likely not going to have a lot of freedom. But I'm sure Gta will still be good.
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down