Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
The future of the automobile? Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
The future of the automobile? Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
The future of the automobile? Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
The future of the automobile? Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
The future of the automobile? Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
The future of the automobile? Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
The future of the automobile? Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
The future of the automobile? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
The future of the automobile? Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
The future of the automobile? Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
The future of the automobile? Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
The future of the automobile? Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

The future of the automobile?

+8
ABigSoggy Wafle
Namorg
Jagdgeschwader
VrAzZLe Meister
A Groovy Tophat
. ADestroyer360
oO Coggy Oo
eaustinn36
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The future of the automobile? Empty The future of the automobile?

Post  eaustinn36 4th April 2012, 5:23 pm

Morning commute a little too long? Sick of grid-lock traffic? Want to "fly past" the competition?

Well, try out this new car!

Set to hit production lines in the near future, with over 100 pre-ordered already. Looks might not be a strong point, but it is street-legal, and more importantly, it works.

eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

The future of the automobile? Empty Re: The future of the automobile?

Post  oO Coggy Oo 4th April 2012, 5:28 pm

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that cars suck. Especially those flying ones.
oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 4th April 2012, 5:34 pm

Don't you ever get a drivers license then Rolling Eyes
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  oO Coggy Oo 4th April 2012, 5:39 pm

I never said anything about bikes or mopeds. (Or rollerskates...). Rolling Eyes
oO Coggy Oo
oO Coggy Oo

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 4th April 2012, 5:45 pm

I'm still waiting for teleport technology.
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 4th April 2012, 6:38 pm

. ADestroyer360 wrote:I'm still waiting for teleport technology.
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 4th April 2012, 6:45 pm

Atleast it doesn't look as gay as this.

The future of the automobile? +_71cb21e8e280e8993d497083c254d3be
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 4th April 2012, 6:46 pm

I think they already tried to make flying cars in the 50s? They drove and flew as well, they didn't catch on. Turns out being a pilot is a lot more complicated you know what I mean?
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 4th April 2012, 9:33 pm

2009 much?
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 4th April 2012, 10:28 pm

Namorg-Kun wrote:2009 much?

The video was from 2009, but it is just showcasing the concept model (practically the same as the final model).

It has only recently gotten attention again on the media (which prompted me to post this), when the company announced that they are basically ready to start selling them on the open market.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 4th April 2012, 11:35 pm

Looks retarded. You can't possibly tell me someone would casually drive around in that. I am SURE the maintenance on that is great and what if you get into a minor fender bender? Normal car: "Oh no worries. I have this thing at home that will help get that dent out. Super Flying Shit: "Oh no worries, let me go fly home." *Aerodynamics fucked up and causes the plane to crash*.

And I bet you have 20 more feet of blind spots for a novelty concept.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 5th April 2012, 2:22 am

I think this might fit the 'car of the future' title a bit better.

. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 5th April 2012, 2:35 am

. ADestroyer360 wrote:I think this might fit the 'car of the future' title a bit better.

Yes, there is already a thread on that.

http://www.undead-xbox.com/t6967-cars-taken-to-the-next-level
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 5th April 2012, 3:22 am

Mr. turner told me about this yesterday I think its pretty cool.

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 5th April 2012, 4:59 pm

. ADestroyer360 wrote:I think this might fit the 'car of the future' title a bit better.

The computer can't be trusted, if someone decides to go driving in their car, but wants to go to sleep because the car can drive itself, suddenly the computer fails for whatever reason, you have a dead or injured person/persons. Not saying it would always happen, but it could. You'd have to baby-sit it by sitting at the wheel for safety reasons.

Might as well just drive the car?
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 5th April 2012, 5:24 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:The computer can't be trusted, if someone decides to go driving in their car, but wants to go to sleep because the car can drive itself, suddenly the computer fails for whatever reason, you have a dead or injured person/persons. Not saying it would always happen, but it could. You'd have to baby-sit it by sitting at the wheel for safety reasons.

I'd sooner trust a computer than a person. Even if the computer fucks up a lot, I'm sure the amount of fatalities would go down (due to the fact that humans would likely fuck up a lot more and a lot worse).

That, and this could help deal with the problem of drunk drivers. For the record, I'm not saying that self driving cars are ready for the road or anything like that, but it would be more ideal than human drivers.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 5th April 2012, 5:48 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
Jagdgeschwader wrote:The computer can't be trusted, if someone decides to go driving in their car, but wants to go to sleep because the car can drive itself, suddenly the computer fails for whatever reason, you have a dead or injured person/persons. Not saying it would always happen, but it could. You'd have to baby-sit it by sitting at the wheel for safety reasons.

I'd sooner trust a computer than a person. Even if the computer fucks up a lot, I'm sure the amount of fatalities would go down (due to the fact that humans would likely fuck up a lot more and a lot worse).

That, and this could help deal with the problem of drunk drivers. For the record, I'm not saying that self driving cars are ready for the road or anything like that, but it would be more ideal than human drivers.

Well that's where you're wrong. Computers should never replace human beings. It's a very slippery slope. Also, a drunk driver is someone doing something obviously wrong, whereas the entire point of a self-driving car is to be hands free doing other things while it drives itself. You're doing nothing wrong, and if it fails, that's your life on the line.

Technology will be the death of us for sure. It advances far faster than society can hope to keep up. Not even 100 years ago something like this was considered impossible and authors and thinkers have been predicting a downfall like that to happen for even longer.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 5th April 2012, 6:09 pm

Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:I'd sooner trust a computer than a person. Even if the computer fucks up a lot, I'm sure the amount of fatalities would go down (due to the fact that humans would likely fuck up a lot more and a lot worse).

Well that's where you're wrong. Computers should never replace human beings. It's a very slippery slope. Also, a drunk driver is someone doing something obviously wrong, whereas the entire point of a self-driving car is to be hands free doing other things while it drives itself. You're doing nothing wrong, and if it fails, that's your life on the line.

Technology will be the death of us for sure. It advances far faster than society can hope to keep up. Not even 100 years ago something like this was considered impossible and authors and thinkers have been predicting a downfall like that to happen for even longer.

Are you implying that advances in technology will lead to some sort of robot apocalypse? What with all the "death of us" and "slippery slope" talk, that's what it sounds like. Just out of curiosity, how often have "slippery slope" theories even been true (in reference to something going down a slippery slope and somehow making the world a worse place)? I know that phrase was first said a while ago, but has anything since then really been a good example of it?

Anyway, back on the topic. If the computer fails, it's your life on the line, but it's also other people's lives as well. Same thing with drunk driving. I've heard somewhere before that driving a car is like driving a two ton bullet. Meaning, when a human messes up, not only are they in danger, but anything and anyone in the path of their two ton vehicle is as well. All I'm saying is that a self driving car will likely result in less accidents. Sure, you may not be comfortable putting your life in the hands of a computer. If so, you can just watch the road as it drives. But if you take the wheel, everyone else on the road is at your mercy. I'd rather be driven alongside much less fallible computers than cellphone chattering, multi-tasking, drinking and driving humans. Basically, I think that self driving cars, when perfected and allowed to communicate with other vehicles on the road, would make much safer drivers than humans, and result in thousands upon thousands less fatal car accidents.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 5th April 2012, 6:35 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:
Jagdgeschwader wrote:
Desert Sleepy wrote:I'd sooner trust a computer than a person. Even if the computer fucks up a lot, I'm sure the amount of fatalities would go down (due to the fact that humans would likely fuck up a lot more and a lot worse).

Are you implying that advances in technology will lead to some sort of robot apocalypse? What with all the "death of us" and "slippery slope" talk, that's what it sounds like. Just out of curiosity, how often have "slippery slope" theories even been true (in reference to something going down a slippery slope and somehow making the world a worse place)? I know that phrase was first said a while ago, but has anything since then really been a good example of it?

Anyway, back on the topic. If the computer fails, it's your life on the line, but it's also other people's lives as well. Same thing with drunk driving. I've heard somewhere before that driving a car is like driving a two ton bullet. Meaning, when a human messes up, not only are they in danger, but anything and anyone in the path of their two ton vehicle is as well. All I'm saying is that a self driving car will likely result in less accidents. Sure, you may not be comfortable putting your life in the hands of a computer. If so, you can just watch the road as it drives. But if you take the wheel, everyone else on the road is at your mercy. I'd rather be driven alongside much less fallible computers than cellphone chattering, multi-tasking, drinking and driving humans. Basically, I think that self driving cars, when perfected and allowed to communicate with other vehicles on the road, would make much safer drivers than humans, and result in thousands upon thousands less fatal car accidents.

I'm actually just going to end the argument here for sake of the thread, since neither of us will advance the other in their view.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 5th April 2012, 6:39 pm

OK.

Well, on the topic of the flying car, why don't they just make cheap helicopters instead? I'm sure helicopters would be a much easier route to go, seeing as they don't require a tremendous runway.

Plus, I think the point of a car is that it drives on the ground. They should just call this thing a personal plane or something.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 5th April 2012, 6:48 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:OK.

Well, on the topic of the flying car, why don't they just make cheap helicopters instead? I'm sure helicopters would be a much easier route to go, seeing as they don't require a tremendous runway.

Plus, I think the point of a car is that it drives on the ground. They should just call this thing a personal plane or something.

They have something like that, it's called an Ultralight. No pilots license required, you build it in your garage. Granted, they like to crash. Maybe because the pilots don't need pilots licenses?

Also, just because it's an aircraft, doesn't mean it needs a long runway, or one at all. STOL technology has been available since the 20s.

I still agree with you though on the fact that the entire idea is kind of stupid.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 5th April 2012, 9:03 pm

I'm just talking about how the car in the video seems to need a pretty long runway to get going.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew 6th April 2012, 4:50 pm

Flying cars means flying cops. Oh boy
andrew
andrew
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 6th April 2012, 4:56 pm

andrew wrote:Flying cars means flying cops. Oh boy

A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 6th April 2012, 4:58 pm

Dankhat 420 wrote:
andrew wrote:Flying cars means flying cops. Oh boy

Where have we seen this before?

DeadApe - San wrote:
http://www.undead-xbox.com/t7819-a-legend-returns-and-not-a-moment-too-soon
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next