Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy

+3
sgt zombie23
Jagdgeschwader
Desert Sleepy
7 posters

Go down

Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy

Post  Desert Sleepy 22nd August 2012, 1:25 am

This isn't necessarily about piracy. I guess it depends on what exactly you consider piracy. I've been trying to install Dawn of War for the past day. If you saw the posts I made in Derailed, you'll notice that it's been taking absurd amounts of time for some reason, but whatever. Basically, I got Dawn of War and Winter Assault installed. Those are the first on the menu (Install Dawn of War and Winter Assault). Under that option is Install Dark Crusade, which I started. After about an hour, a box popped up telling me I need to put in the second disk. There was no second disk in the container. I searched the house thoroughly and couldn't find the second disk. I don't have the second disk.

So basically, is there any way around this? I have the manual for Dark Crusade which tells the CD Key on the back. I tried activating it on Steam, but that didn't work (I'm guessing CD Keys are different from Activation Keys or Codes or whatever?). It's a valid CD Key and I own the game and I've played it before. Is there any way to get it installed on my computer despite the missing disk? And I do mean is there anywhere I can just download it? It's not stealing since I have the game, and I'm not funding any pirating sites. If they make money through ads, I've got adblock. If they get money regardless of whether I see the ad or not, they're basically just stealing from the ad people. Is that wrong? No, 'cause they have their ads on a pirating site, so fuck 'em.

So is there any way to get Dark Crusade despite the missing disk? My CD Key is valid, so I effectively still have the game. I'm not paying 20 dollars on Steam to buy a game I already own AGAIN. I'm not re-buying it elsewhere either. If you don't want to incriminate the site, email me or talk to me on Skype. I'm sleepyopossum@gmail.com and I'm desertsleepy on Skype. Also, I have no idea how CD Keys work. Maybe they only work if you've got the CD in the disk drive thing? I don't know. Also, I suck horribly at piracy. I have difficulty finding a movie to watch online, so I'd basically be fucked trying to find where to get this and find out how to install it on my own. So yeah, if you can help me get Dark Crusade through whatever avenue, I'd appreciate it. I don't count it as piracy, so I don't see why anyone would have an issue with me getting the game I have. There shouldn't be any issue over whether I have the game or not, since me loosing the disk but then still getting the game without anyone gaining or loosing money doesn't exactly seem unfair to anyone. There shouldn't be an issue over funding piracy, since even disregarding my likely not very solid argument, who cares. Sure, maybe the pirates are gaining an absolutely tiny amount of money. Whatever.

So yeah, anyone got any advice?
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy Empty Re: Evil Immoral Bastardfuck Piracy

Post  Jagdgeschwader 22nd August 2012, 1:44 am

Take the copy back and see what you can do. If there wasn't a second disk which is required for installation, it's a defective copy. Sorry about you spending the entire day though.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 22nd August 2012, 1:53 am

Listen here Sleepy! I didn't read your post but it sounds like you want to illegally obtain a copy of dawn of war crusade! I cannot stand for this. Send me a message on skype so I can tell you how much of a bad person you are.
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 22nd August 2012, 1:59 am

Jagdgeschwader wrote:Take the copy back and see what you can do. If there wasn't a second disk which is required for installation, it's a defective copy. Sorry about you spending the entire day though.

Got it for my birthday several years ago. I just haven't installed it onto my new computer until now.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  WestHybrid 360 22nd August 2012, 3:47 am

You Lost The Second Disk: How to Proceed

Hey there Sleepy. I hear you're in a bit of a predicament as of late, but do not fret! I'm an expert in problems exactly designed for these situations. I know exactly how to help you, but you're going to need to listen and do exactly as I say.

Now, lets get to dealing with your problem. Clearly, you were given a defective copy of Dawn of War, and there is nothing you can do about that. Happens all the time. But as per getting a new copy of Dawn of War, that is even more problematic. As you've pointed out, the purchase is several years old and you didn't do anything about it because, lets be honest, your a bumblefuck. No matter, we will press on!

Because we can't acquire the disk by conventional means, we have to resort to something more drastic. Now, you may be wondering, "West, you charismatic stallion, can't I just re-purchase the game through Steam or a local food vendor?" No, because for one, local food vendors don't sell games, and you're stupid for thinking so. I'm dissapointed, Sleepy. And two, Valve has already been bought out by Dawn of War by now, and they're in on the conspiracy.

What you may not know is that Dawn of War has been plotting this all along. Selling half a game to chumps who won't open it years later like it's some sort of time case(Exhibit A, You), then knowing that you'd have to pay more money again at Steam. Now, I know it's a lot to take in, but again, do not worry. I've been fighting this kind of scheming for years, and by years, I mean since I started making this guide. What you'll need to do next, is infiltrate the Dawn of War building, and escape with a copy of the game.

Now your probably wondering yet again, "West you handsome bastard, how will I ever achieve such a grade of badassery?" Well, Sleepy, if I had all the answers, I could tell you if the ending of Inception was a dream or not. Luckily for you I do know if it was or not, but I won't tell you, because it would give Kiwi a valid reason to spam the chatbox with Leonardo squinting.

Now, while murder and corporate espionage are not your specialty, it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll let you figure out how to do so in the mean time. Access this guide when you have killed the CEO and tapped into his computer.
-----------------------------------
You there? Good. Now, what I forgot to mention was that there's a lot of security cameras in that building, and considering those sirens I'm hearing outside the building, the cops are probably here to get you. At the very least, you're leaving the world with a legitimately pirated game and if you were stylish enough, the CEO of Dawn of War's left leg.

You may find it difficult to play Dawn of War now that you are to be jailed in a court of law. I'd like to thank you for participating! If you have any other concerns after arriving at a correctional facility, please consult my other FAQ, So You Just Got Sent To Jail: How to Protect Your Anus.
WestHybrid 360
WestHybrid 360
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 22nd August 2012, 4:10 am

Westhybrid 360 wrote:Clearly, you were given a defective copy of Dawn of War, and there is nothing you can do about that. Happens all the time. But as per getting a new copy of Dawn of War, that is even more problematic. As you've pointed out, the purchase is several years old and you didn't do anything about it because, lets be honest, your a bumblefuck. No matter, we will press on!

I got it several years ago, but I didn't just open it today. I played it extensively on my old computer. I just haven't played it in like a year so it isn't on my new computer. It had all the disks originally, I've just since lost the second one in the over a year gap since I've played it.

Westhybrid 360 wrote:Selling half a game to chumps who won't open it years later like it's some sort of time case(Exhibit A, You),

I bet you thought you were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLEVEEEEEEEEEEEEER. Well, you were wrong! Wrong! WRONG! WRONG!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIp9YBp_LXg (go to 2:10)

Oh, and they're called time CAPSULES. So it looks like you were wrong about everything, ever!
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  . ADestroyer360 22nd August 2012, 12:32 pm

Well, it sounds like the problem is you being a fucking terrible person.

Seriously though, if you don't want to pirate it you'd be better off just buying another copy. Dark Crusade is like $10.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-40-000-Dawn-Crusade-Pc/dp/B000FOVJVA

Last edited by . ADestroyer360 on 22nd August 2012, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
. ADestroyer360
. ADestroyer360
DM Extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 22nd August 2012, 12:51 pm

There is nothing wrong with maintaining a clean criminal record...

Anyway, if the disk is lost, not much you can do; luckily it is $10. I mean, if I lost my xbox GTA4 disk, I couldn't do anything, so i'd have to buy a new one. This is true with any disk game that is bought.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 22nd August 2012, 2:53 pm

Don't worry everyone. Last night i yelled at sleepy and called him a terrible person and he has seen the error of his ways
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 22nd August 2012, 3:32 pm

tl;dr, but you probably have a shitty DVD reader and that's why it's taking so long.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 22nd August 2012, 6:10 pm

. ADestroyer360 wrote:Seriously though, if you don't want to pirate it you'd be better off just buying another copy. Dark Crusade is like $10.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-40-000-Dawn-Crusade-Pc/dp/B000FOVJVA

eaustinn36 wrote:There is nothing wrong with maintaining a clean criminal record...

Anyway, if the disk is lost, not much you can do; luckily it is $10. I mean, if I lost my xbox GTA4 disk, I couldn't do anything, so i'd have to buy a new one. This is true with any disk game that is bought.

Desert Sleepy wrote:I'm not paying 20 dollars on Steam to buy a game I already own AGAIN. I'm not re-buying it elsewhere either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that link did show me that apparently Dawn of War II exists? Can anyone tell me if it's any good?

Made in Finland wrote:tl;dr, but you probably have a shitty DVD reader and that's why it's taking so long.

You don't like it when people use meme faces but it's cool to post "tl:dr" on three paragraphs? Maaaaaaaan!

On the topic of downloading stuff, can someone explain how torrenting and such works? I mean to say that I heard downloads have "Seeds" and "Leeches" or something like that, and my general understanding is that "Seeds" are uploading files and "Leeches" are downloading them? If that's so, would it be polite for me to leave the window open after I'm finished downloading a file and let it go into "Seeding" for a while?
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 22nd August 2012, 8:04 pm

How is saying "tl;dr" related to posting memes and reaction faces? The term has been used years before imageboards even existed, not to mention all the new alternatives for memespam. And way to overlook a plausible reason/fix to the problem you may face again in the future.

(PS: The only reason it was too long is because zooming on this page fucks up the formatting and thus the font is too small to read in large quantities at a time)
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 22nd August 2012, 9:28 pm

Made in Finland wrote:And way to overlook a plausible reason/fix to the problem you may face again in the future.

On that topic, I don't know what I could do about potentially having a shitty DVD reader. But aside from that, this is the only game I've ever had this problem with, every other one I've installed has gone at a perfectly reasonable speed.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 29th August 2012, 6:42 pm

I bought it from Amazon for 0.50 a few days ago, and it finally arrived today. It did the same goddamn thing. There isn't even a second disk. This time, it just stopped to say there was a transfer error and then the installation just shut off. Didn't try to continue without it, no messages other than that, no attempt to bring the menu back up. Basically a big "fuck you" from the game.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 29th August 2012, 7:03 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:I bought it from Amazon for 0.50 a few days ago, and it finally arrived today. It did the same goddamn thing. There isn't even a second disk. This time, it just stopped to say there was a transfer error and then the installation just shut off. Didn't try to continue without it, no messages other than that, no attempt to bring the menu back up. Basically a big "fuck you" from the game.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.

Contact Amazon; if there is a second disk, you can get refunded, or if not, press charges for not selling the full product you bought.

This is one of many reasons I stick to consoles for game related stuff.
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 29th August 2012, 7:50 pm

There is no second disk. For some reason, Dark Crusade and only Dark Crusade is incompatible with Windows 7 it seems. Both did the same thing; they started installing but wouldn't install the RandomlettersrandomnumbersData-Music thing. Then after about forty minutes they both brought up an error and completely ended the installation. The only way I'd consider buying this is through digital download, since I'm just guessing the disks don't work with my disk reader for some reason. I think my disk thing is a Blu-ray Reader/Writer (what it was when I bought it). These disks are from 2006 and say DVD rom on them. What I don't get is that Mount and Blade is the exact same and it works fine.

The problem with consoles is that it's way less convenient for me. On PC, in addition to having the best available graphics, I can easily flip from the game to YouTube to a game help site. On the Xbox, I feel worried if I leave it running too long. That, and if a piece of dust lands on top of the Xbox it'll destroy the disk and the game will be unplayable. Even when disks are treated perfectly, they'll just stop functioning as they get older. Also, essentially every game is available more conveniently and cheaper on PC. And I don't have to share my PC, and this game doesn't come on Xbox, so basically consoles aren't an option for me.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down