Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
The Sims 3 Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
The Sims 3 Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
The Sims 3 Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
The Sims 3 Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
The Sims 3 Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
The Sims 3 Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
The Sims 3 Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
The Sims 3 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
The Sims 3 Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
The Sims 3 Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
The Sims 3 Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
The Sims 3 Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

The Sims 3

4 posters

Go down

The Sims 3 Empty The Sims 3

Post  Ross Saxophone 18th July 2009, 1:35 pm

Decided to post my review of a *gulp!* Computer game called... The Sims 3!

Story
Well, what can I say. I have been playing The Sims game ever since my sister had the original PC game one Christmas time many moons ago. Ever since then we both took it in turns to buy the expansions, well that was until The Sims 2 came out which was... how you say... shit.
Anyway, back to the story evaluation. The greatest thing about The Sims is that YOU create the story. Starting off with just one lowly sim, you gradually end up with a long family tree of past members, each with their own wacky and sometimes serious tale. However, there is the plot that centres on one particular family, the Goths which follows through each of the three main games, interesting but nothing really outstanding. Also, each family have their own connections and subplots to others, which is a really nice feature, especially then you have two feuding families.
Score: 3/10 (This is the score for the pre-generated story, sometimes you find yourself wrapped up in an extraordinary story all completely made by yourself and your imagination)

Gameplay
You can do just about anything in this game. Really.. you can! There had been a steady progression through The Sims franchise gradually expanding and allowing more things to be done, and now, with the possiblities of aging, marriage, moving house, promotion in jobs and then the more radicale ones such as, dating your boss, getting burgled, bigamy and becoming the leader of an extreme criminal organisation allowing you to hire and fire workers and running your buisness from your multi-billion simoleon mansion.
Gameplay is what makes The Sims and the Sims 3 is no exception.
Score: 8/10

Sound
One word. Irritating. You'll turn your speakers down halfway through a session because of the sickly sweet music. There is an option for you to import your own music into the game but it is quite a hassle, so your better off just turning the volumn down and listening to your own music via an IPod or a grammerphone.
The Sims talk Simish, so they will always talk in some gibbersh accent. However, now and again you can make out some english words like when I trolling a forum, my Sim screamed out Noobs, funny.
The Sound effects are pretty basic and laggy so you'll oftern here the noise of your two Sims making babies long after the session is over. Giggdy.
Score: 4/10

Graphics
When you load up the game, it has the graphics of an 80's arcade game, and to be honest you can only afford to turn them up to medium or suffer eXtreme LAG! (I mean the Sims react two miniuets after a command), so chances are, unless your running this thing off NASA's computers the graphics will be pretty bad and nowhere near as clean and crisp as you see in reviews and on the back of the box.
Score: 2/10

Replay Value
You don't need me to tell you that your going to be doing more or less the same things over and over again. EA have tried to give you more control, like when your at work you can control your Sims work pace and choose different actions.
Although it sounds monotonus and repetitive, it is highly addictive and your probably only going to stop when The Sims 4 comes out. Or when you computer overheats
Score: 7/10

Conclusion
I really like The Sims 3, to me it is what The Sims 2 should have been. It's a huge leap forward into what was a dying franchise. I love the fact loading screens are gone! (Except a one minuit one at the start of every game), also, there is tons of community made items to download, and even new neighbourhoods. If your ever growing bored of the Zombie grind, I recommend The Sims 3. But I warn you, this is an marmite game, you either going to love it or hate it.
The Sims 3: 48%
Ross Saxophone
Ross Saxophone
God damn Sunlight

http://www.google.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Empty Re: The Sims 3

Post  DeadApe 18th July 2009, 3:18 pm

Lol for somebody who loves this game, you didnt give it the greatest score. Anyway good review. I would get it but my computer probaly cant even run pac-man.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterofkills09 18th July 2009, 3:49 pm

I torrented it and it was worth every dollar I spent. Nothing. It was fun but not worth it if you buy it for $60.
Masterofkills09
Masterofkills09
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  FERL116 13th August 2009, 6:14 pm

I hope this comes out for 360, and if not I'll just buy sims 2 for it. i have sims 2 for pc and its fun but to laggy, and i really want sims 3, but i no sims 3 would never work on my pc. it needs to come to 360. Laughing
FERL116
FERL116
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum