Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
DeadApes MW2 Review Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

DeadApes MW2 Review

+11
x1 Thanatos 1x
BLACK SNOW 13
krayden8
M3LA
Namorg
AaUndeadMarine
MrKurt2012
Meatshield718
Spiderman
Cry Vengeance
DeadApe
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DeadApes MW2 Review Empty DeadApes MW2 Review

Post  DeadApe 9th November 2009, 4:52 pm

Before reading this review, know that I was on the bandwagon of people that had some serious doubts about this game. The more IW revealed about the game, the more we were thinking that tactical nukes would be flying out of the sky and the game would be terrible.

Single Player: The single player is absolutely phenomenal. Each mission out does the previous one and sets a new bar for MW2's action sequences. Every single mission has something note worthy about it, and they are all very memorable, and highly replayable. The plot is not very hard to follow, although there is a twist or two you may have to double take on. I dont want to ruin the plot, but my favorite thing about the single player, is that alot of the game takes place in the good ol' U. S. of A (you should know this by the trailers.) This is very refreshing as I have not seen many games that depict a modern war in the United States. Not only is it cool to fight through American suburbs, (and another spot I wont mention, althought you have probaly seen it in the trailers) but fighting in your own country heightens the emotional element of the game. The characters in the game are very fun and cool, although you probaly wont feel as emotionally attached to them as you did the characters in Modern Warfare 1. The fire fights are broken up very well by action sequences that dont involve shooting, or at least put a different spin on it. The entire game is a visceral heart racing experience, with a worthy ending quarter that will make you gasp.

Soundtrack: The perfect soundtrack to an action game. Expect James Bond esque orchestra's and fast paced rythms to get your blood pumping.

Graphics: Player models move fluidly and dont give up the fact they aren't human. It becomes a spectator sport watching Soap MacTavish and his crew taking cover in the artic, or sprinting like madmen through the backalleys of the Favela. The environments are very rich this time around, with lots of color and shine, very unlike the drab and concrete colors of MW1. Gun models look fantastic this time around, with returning guns like the M4 looking completely new. IW owes the new graphical quality to their new graphic streaming engine which betters the look of textures.

Replability: The single player missions are highly replayable and will keep you repeating them multiple times before you have had enough. After thats over their is Spec-Ops. When this was announced I didnt think much of it. It seemed like the bogus co-op missions in Grand Theft Auto IV online. Spec-Ops is no joke. Some of the missions are based on single player missions, and give you the ability to play them with a friend. Others are completely new and creative experiences such as defusing bombs or fighting across a collapsing bridge. Not only are they fun but you can replay them on any difficulty to try to earn a better score or just for fun.
And then theres multiplayer...

Multiplayer: This is the bread and butter of the COD franchise, and it does not let up. The basics are the same as MW1, unlock guns and perks as you level up, then prestige if you choose to. The multiplayer is so jam packed with stuff to unlock you will feel like it will take you a year to finish. I was going to make of things you can unlock but I stopped and deleted it to save you guys from reading a page long list. However my favorite thing to unlock are callsigns and emblems. These let you customize how people see your name plate. There are 22 pages of callsigns and 7 pages of emblems that you can unlock, and you get them by doing specific challenges. My callsign at the moment shows that I killed alot of people with throwing knifes.
- All the familiar game modes have returned as far as a few new ones, including 3rd person mode. While it may sound like a cheap gimmick that just backs the camera up, 3rd person mode is extremely fun and different. I think it could be a game on its own, and it definitely benefits from the graphics engine as you get to watch your player run around with duel mp5k's spraying anything to come its your way.
- But Deadape, the multiplayer must be unbalanced with all this crazy gear right? No. The game is just as balanced as the first game, if not more so. None of the weapons or perks seem to be very overpowered. There are only 4 deathstreaks and they are not great advantages as a player has to die alot to get them for one life, and they include martrydom, last stand, pain killer (temporary extra health on respawn) and copy cat (copy class.) The killstreaks are fine and alot of fun to get. You wont see tactical nukes dropping from the sky any time soon. I've seen EMP's a couple of times and instead of being mad I thought it was pretty cool. The game does not give any crazy advantages to noobs, and doesn't make you a better player. If your good at the game, you'll excell past the others plain and simple. My one grudge is that the killsteaks carry over in Search and Destroy, so if you got 6 kills in a row over the course of 2 rounds, you can unlock a harrier strike. It also seems that Search and Destroy gives you less points then TDM at the moment, which is total bull@#%$.

In conclusion this game is probaly one of the funnest games I've ever played and will definitely keep me out of the sun for a good month. Its a must buy, even if you dont have xbox live. Infinity Ward knows what they are doing, and I hope they continue to make great games like this. I doubted MW2's presence as Game of The Year, but now I find it hard not to believe.

Because no game is perfect. I give the game a 9.9/10
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

DeadApes MW2 Review Empty Re: DeadApes MW2 Review

Post  Cry Vengeance 9th November 2009, 5:14 pm

Nice Review, can't wait to pick this up tomorrow.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spiderman 9th November 2009, 5:38 pm

I GIVE IT 100/100
Spiderman
Spiderman
Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatshield718 9th November 2009, 6:27 pm

One...more...day...

Also, you haven't seen the nuke strike yet? Does that make it non-existent? I was a little confused on that.
Meatshield718
Meatshield718
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 9th November 2009, 8:54 pm

You see I posted that it would be good in the previous threads I knew IW would not let us down thank you Dead ape I feel this review was needed to show people it is a fair and good game.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 9th November 2009, 10:42 pm

Meatshield718 wrote:One...more...day...

Also, you haven't seen the nuke strike yet? Does that make it non-existent? I was a little confused on that.

Fattyboy122 wrote:You see I posted that it would be good in the previous threads I knew IW would not let us down thank you Dead ape I feel this review was needed to show people it is a fair and good game.

Meatshield, the tactical nuke is there, I just have not seen anyone use it.

Thanks Fattyboy. Yea IW totally knows what they are doing.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 9th November 2009, 11:06 pm

THANK GOD! hopefully that review will stop people from crying tears out of there ass about how IW has ruined MW2. . . . I never doubted them with death streaks I mean because I guarantee you we will all use them at one point because I mean c'mon we all have our bad days right
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Namorg 9th November 2009, 11:07 pm

your a fucking retard.
Namorg
Namorg
posts once a year

https://www.youtube.com/namorg12

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 9th November 2009, 11:20 pm

Now Namorg what did we discuss about the anger problem.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  M3LA 10th November 2009, 4:37 pm

Yeah i played it today alot!
I really like the single player except the "defend the burger town" part.
Im level 16.I got a heartbeat sensor in my scar.Its awesome game.I wonder that can you heal someone whos in last stand?
M3LA
M3LA

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedAndSelfishness

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 10th November 2009, 5:01 pm

M3LA wrote:Yeah i played it today alot!
I really like the single player except the "defend the burger town" part.
Im level 16.I got a heartbeat sensor in my scar.Its awesome game.I wonder that can you heal someone whos in last stand?

No you cant. But people in last stand can get themselves up in they survive long enough, they can also crawl, and with last stand pro, be able to use equipment.
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  MrKurt2012 10th November 2009, 8:40 pm

Kyle is playing now i will be back on soon I hope!!!!.
MrKurt2012
MrKurt2012
Watermelon Head

Back to top Go down

Post  krayden8 12th November 2009, 12:27 am

DeadApe wrote:
- But Deadape, the multiplayer must be unbalanced with all this crazy gear right?
This! This is blasphemy, This is Madness!
You infidel which hath put words in the mouth of me!
I did not say these words of which you speak of me speaking!
Infidel!
I SUEEE YOUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol jk good review but seriously
dont put words in my mouth, i never said anything like this
"But Deadape, the multiplayer must be unbalanced with all this crazy gear right?"
only a two year old would say that, i would sit there and throw a knife while holding a riot shield cuz
I IZ TEH RIOT SHIELD NINJA!!!!
krayden8
krayden8
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 12th November 2009, 12:35 am

Krayden7 wrote:
DeadApe wrote:
- But Deadape, the multiplayer must be unbalanced with all this crazy gear right?
This! This is blasphemy, This is Madness!
You infidel which hath put words in the mouth of me!
I did not say these words of which you speak of me speaking!
Infidel!
I SUEEE YOUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol jk good review but seriously
dont put words in my mouth, i never said anything like this
"But Deadape, the multiplayer must be unbalanced with all this crazy gear right?"
only a two year old would say that, i would sit there and throw a knife while holding a riot shield cuz
I IZ TEH RIOT SHIELD NINJA!!!!

I must have missed the part where he wrote that you said that.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  krayden8 12th November 2009, 12:39 am

lol ok that was a bit blank, uhh, its where he's talking about multiplayer and he does one of those corny little things where he pretends some one asks him some thing like
krayden8
krayden8
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 12th November 2009, 12:42 am

...Nevermind.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  krayden8 12th November 2009, 12:48 am

its hard to argue against me because i can never explain things well
krayden8
krayden8
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 12th November 2009, 12:48 am

I'm not arguing I just don't understand.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  krayden8 12th November 2009, 12:52 am

Cry Vengeance wrote:I'm not arguing I just don't understand.

i see that you dont understand and im sorry, in my mind i know exactly how i want to say it but when i actually say it or type it in this case, it doesnt make any sense what so ever
krayden8
krayden8
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  BLACK SNOW 13 12th November 2009, 1:07 am

what
BLACK SNOW 13
BLACK SNOW 13
The Great and Powerful
The Great and Powerful

Back to top Go down

Post  x1 Thanatos 1x 12th November 2009, 9:30 am

I still think the multiplayer stinks seeing how you can duel-wield SMG's and throw knives when that would not be a viable way of killing in the real world.
x1 Thanatos 1x
x1 Thanatos 1x
Thats right, limp away!

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadApe 12th November 2009, 9:47 am

x1 Thanatos 1x wrote:I still think the multiplayer stinks seeing how you can duel-wield SMG's and throw knives when that would not be a viable way of killing in the real world.

If you want realism, go play Operation Flashpoint, we all know how well that turned out. If duel wielding sawn off shotguns isn't fun for you, then what is?
DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  BlitherCube 12th November 2009, 5:07 pm

DeadApe wrote:
If you want realism, go play Operation Flashpoint, we all know how well that turned out. If duel wielding sawn off shotguns isn't fun for you, then what is?

Umm if they fixed the multiplayer it would be a great game online, only problem is lag.
BlitherCube
BlitherCube
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob606 12th November 2009, 8:23 pm

I too take back all what I said about how shit MW2 was going to be.

Although little things annoy me (throwing knives, sentry guns, dual wielding, THE STUPID TRAIL WHEN YOU THROW GRENADES, nukes) it's still a brilliant game, on all 3 of it's modes.

Rob606
I don't run fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Garquin 12th November 2009, 8:25 pm

Here is garqiuins one word review on the game and if you dont like it you can just suck it dry ok here it is "Riot shields are the best thing in the game and you need it to be succesfull"

Garquin
Sex Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next