Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set.

+14
B Mane65
Pwnisher James
AaUndeadMarine
Creatide
NegativeHUNTER
Eaglendia
ABigSoggy Wafle
Cry Vengeance
Made in Finland
sgt zombie23
RedrumSalad
DeadApe
Jagdgeschwader
Czechmate24
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set.

Post  Czechmate24 23rd June 2010, 12:52 am

I believe there is a lot of potential in Red Dead Redemption for zombies, but to play it, its kind of complicated. The main reason its complicated is because of private free roam. In private free roam when you want to change your outfit, it makes you leave the game, and in order to get back into the room, you have to be invited. Because of this, changing between a zombie and a human is going to be a really big pain.

However there is a solution to this and its public free roam. In public free roam, when you want to go to the outfitter it keeps you in the game and when you're finished changing your outfit, it pops you right back into the game instantly. This means changing between a zombie and a human is quick and easy, and not only that, you can also change teams within the game so we can have zombie modes just like in COD. (You die as a human, you can become a zombie by changing outfits and changing posses.) The only thing we have to do is take over a public free roam.

The steps to setting up a zombie game
1) The first step is to host a private free roam. Invite 7 people and create a posse of 8 players. This should be done by staff.

2) The leader of the posse will then join a hardcore public free roam with his posse. If all 8 players don't make it, invite them into the match and then posse. A full posse is needed.

3) All players in the posse will then kick all the random players that were in the public free roam before.

4) Once all the random players are kicked, the host can start inviting undeadxbox members.

Once the hardcore public free roam is filled with all undeadxbox members, Red Dead Redemption zombies can start. If a random player happens to join, all you have to do is kick him and invite another member.

Rule Set
Before every match, all 16 players are to meet up in a location given by the host. There, the teams will be set up, 8 zombies and 8 humans. The human team will create a posse with 8 players. Zombies are not allowed to create a posse.

Once the teams are set up, humans and zombies have to select their outfits by using the outfitter.
-Humans can use any outfit except the miners.
-Zombies have to use the miners. Try to select miners that look like more like zombies.

Weapons will be given out to the humans by the host before the match starts. One primary weapon, (a rifle, a shotgun or a sniper rifle), a pistol, and a thrown weapon.

Zombies use knifes only.

Once all the players are ready, the match is ready to start. The host will give the human team a head start and then start the game, letting the zombies go. The match will last 10 minutes (10 hours game time.)

Humans will try to survive for 10 minutes while the zombies attack them. If a human dies the player has to change his outfit to a zombie (miners) and leave the humans posse. This player is now a zombie and has to attack the humans.

If all humans die, the match is over.

Misc rules
Humans should stay out of major city's. If you shoot a cop or a civilian, you'll be wanted and most likely get killed by cops.

If humans want to use a gang hideout to defend, they have to clear it out before the match starts. Otherwise stay away from them, or you may be killed by AI.

Watch out for wild animals, their infected.

Horses are not allowed to be used by humans or zombies.

Aiming is automatically set up on expert in hardcore public free roam.

NO DEAD EYE.

Voice chat is on proximity so zombies will be able to communicate, if people are very far, hold up on the d-pad to talk to everyone in the room.

Zombies, keep the zig zagging to a minimum, humans don't have automatic weapons.

**This rule set isn't final, we have to test this mode first.**
Czechmate24
Czechmate24
I dismember Zombies slowly

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set.

Post  Jagdgeschwader 23rd June 2010, 2:08 am

Really like it. Sounds like it has a lot of potential.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set. Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption ZOMBIES: How to set it up, and the rule set.

Post  DeadApe 23rd June 2010, 2:09 am

Pretty good setup, on paper everything works. One thing though, I think 8 on 8 is brutal. We tried it and 4 humans raped the zombie team and never died. Also that was on normal not hardcore. So on hardcore its going to be even worse. So we are going to have to severely limit weapons and ammo. We also have to find good areas to do it, ones that are somewhat close quarters like the woods and houses and stuff. House defense seems like it would be awesome for this.

Also the problem of zombies knifing each other is extremely annoying. I know you think its not a big deal but when killing a human is as hard as it is already, its a huge problem. Its like a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there. If zombies join a posse at least 8 of them won't knife each other.

DeadApe
DeadApe
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 23rd June 2010, 2:37 am

DeadApe wrote:So we are going to have to severely limit weapons and ammo.

why not just have a posse of 4 humans? that way we won't have to limit anything, but then again, the problem of zombies knifing each other. but im just tossing out ideas
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  Czechmate24 23rd June 2010, 4:03 am

First of all, hardcore doesn't decrease health, its just expert aiming and no blips. Also with the 8 on 8, we have to test that, even thought by the end of the game it will be like 12 on 4 because humans become zombies. And the weapons are all single shot, and trying to kill 12 zombies with those guns is going to be hard.
Czechmate24
Czechmate24

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 23rd June 2010, 4:09 am

I have a idea for a scenario, the survivors have to walk through jorges gap while the zombies attack from above. That could be challenging.
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 23rd June 2010, 9:18 am

Why does it have to be hardcore? Wouldn't it be easier to do in regular mode? Neutral
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Cry Vengeance 23rd June 2010, 12:03 pm

Fin, Normal mode allows the use of Auto-Aim, therefore it's stupid.

Anyways, Czechmate I don't think it's going to be that easy to take over a room, it's not like GTA where nobody really plays so it's easy to empty out a room, ALOT of people play Red Dead so often your going to have to kick more people as they continue to flow into the room.
Cry Vengeance
Cry Vengeance
Master
Master

http://www.undead-xbox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Czechmate24 23rd June 2010, 5:02 pm

If we have 8 people in a squad, the public games that you join have usually have 4 to 6 random players. Also kicking people is really easy, its not like GTA were you have to kick people one, by one, in red dead you can place a kick on everyone in the room at once. We took over a public room a couple of times already, its easier than it sounds.
Czechmate24
Czechmate24

Back to top Go down

Post  ABigSoggy Wafle 23rd June 2010, 7:43 pm

Sounds like it would work. It could be annoying if we don't have a full room but, it could work.
I think ZRP could work pretty well with this, as well. I don't know if you guys tried it yet but, if I was wandering the West with rabid animals attacking me, I would be hauling my ass to find someone.
ABigSoggy Wafle
ABigSoggy Wafle

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 23rd June 2010, 9:36 pm

Give Czechmate some credit, guys! "Taking over" a public HC Free Roam session worked near-flawlessly when we attempted it. This idea has some potential and I'm sure if we could replace the kicked people with our members it would work alright.
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

https://www.youtube.com/eaglendia

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 23rd June 2010, 9:39 pm

Isn't it kinda rude going on a public game and kicking everyone out?
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 23rd June 2010, 9:46 pm

Why not just play in a private lobby i mean we could do it like gta zombies if you die get on your horse and run away.
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Czechmate24 23rd June 2010, 11:04 pm

Czechmate24 wrote:I believe there is a lot of potential in Red Dead Redemption for zombies, but to play it, its kind of complicated. The main reason its complicated is because of private free roam. In private free roam when you want to change your outfit, it makes you leave the game, and in order to get back into the room, you have to be invited. Because of this, changing between a zombie and a human is going to be a really big pain.

However there is a solution to this and its public free roam. In public free roam, when you want to go to the outfitter it keeps you in the game and when you're finished changing your outfit, it pops you right back into the game instantly. This means changing between a zombie and a human is quick and easy, and not only that, you can also change teams within the game so we can have zombie modes just like in COD. (You die as a human, you can become a zombie by changing outfits and changing posses.) The only thing we have to do is take over a public free roam.
Czechmate24
Czechmate24

Back to top Go down

Post  NegativeHUNTER 23rd June 2010, 11:28 pm

It sounds solid you guys should definitely give it a try!
oh and Finland I'm loving the sig.
NegativeHUNTER
NegativeHUNTER
I Are Postwhore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made in Finland 24th June 2010, 9:32 am

NegativeHUNTER wrote:oh and Finland I'm loving the sig.
Thanks. I can't stop drooling over it myself.
Made in Finland
Made in Finland
Definition Of Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post  Czechmate24 24th June 2010, 7:30 pm

You guys want to test this on Friday, around 11:00.
Czechmate24
Czechmate24

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 24th June 2010, 8:18 pm

Czechmate24 wrote:You guys want to test this on Friday, around 11:00.

im down for that, if im home, i got a party at the lake, and idk how long it will be, but i might be home by then
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  Creatide 24th June 2010, 9:20 pm

Guys I am all for that.
Send me a invite.
BUT I WILL BE ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT. INVITE ME ON THAT ONE!
Gamertag#2: Creatide
Creatide
Creatide

Back to top Go down

Post  AaUndeadMarine 24th June 2010, 9:24 pm

Im down..

invite me I will attempt to be on
AaUndeadMarine
AaUndeadMarine

Back to top Go down

Post  Jagdgeschwader 25th June 2010, 1:02 am

All for it. Send me an invite.
Jagdgeschwader
Jagdgeschwader
The Unknown Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 25th June 2010, 2:09 am

Invite me, cant wait to see how this goes.
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaglendia 25th June 2010, 5:25 am

AM or PM? o_O
Eaglendia
Eaglendia
Squire of Sound

https://www.youtube.com/eaglendia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 25th June 2010, 9:48 am

Im assuming 11:00 am.
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James

Back to top Go down

Post  RedrumSalad 25th June 2010, 11:55 am

oh shit....i better get on!
RedrumSalad
RedrumSalad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next