Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Undead-Xbox
Hello!
You are not registered/logged in with our community yet, please enter your information into the required fields to continue your visit!

Forum is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox.

*Nom Nom Nom Nom Brainz*
Undead-Xbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» GAC Front Post [BACKUP]
Minecraft Questions Empty23rd February 2014, 7:04 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Xbox360 Minecraft Server - General Rules / Information
Minecraft Questions Empty5th November 2013, 8:19 pm by eaustinn36

» Eaustinn's Guide to a better RP (GTA)
Minecraft Questions Empty5th November 2013, 7:57 pm by eaustinn36

» Posting will be disabled April 15th 2013
Minecraft Questions Empty2nd November 2013, 1:09 am by eaustinn36

» Brace for it...
Minecraft Questions Empty14th April 2013, 6:06 pm by Made in Finland

» Day-z official topic
Minecraft Questions Empty14th April 2013, 2:11 pm by eaustinn36

» Flask & the Quack Crew play browser games!
Minecraft Questions Empty4th April 2013, 2:44 pm by Meatshield718

» E-HOLE LAUNCHING MIDNIGHT!
Minecraft Questions Empty3rd April 2013, 8:53 am by KZ Powned

» The Walking Dead (General Thread)
Minecraft Questions Empty3rd April 2013, 8:49 am by KZ Powned

» Derailed II: An off topic topic blah blah post your naked pictures here.
Minecraft Questions Empty1st April 2013, 3:48 pm by Made in Finland

» Dead VideoGame Society (Current Game: e-hole.net)
Minecraft Questions Empty31st March 2013, 11:33 pm by Super Mega King

» GTA 4 Zombies night?
Minecraft Questions Empty31st March 2013, 10:01 am by snowwolf1996

News Feed

Minecraft Questions

+12
Slacker Hero
whats in a BLT
VrAzZLe Meister
Mattiicus
Pwnisher James
sgt zombie23
eaustinn36
FoundDa Kiwi
A Groovy Tophat
lamboman1342
El Mexi Can 915
Desert Sleepy
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Minecraft Questions Empty Minecraft Questions

Post  Desert Sleepy 2nd December 2011, 6:52 am

I had been watching YouTube videos of "Yogscast" (some people who play Minecraft), and I got the urge to play Minecraft. At around 12:00-ish I got on to play the free version of Minecraft. I quickly made a large plateau which I planned to build a huge house on, but then I got caught up in digging. I would go around underground looking for different colored rocks (anything that isn't plain stone basically) and hit them, until I reached plain rock again. Then I would move on to the next area, find more colored rocks, and proceed to hit them. It got to the point that underneath my walled-off plateau was a tremendous labyrinth of cleared out tunnels. I did this from around 1:00 - 4:00, literally wasting hours hitting rocks. It should also be noted that I was playing the free version, so hitting the rocks accomplished nothing, except to sate my rock-hitting lust. For some reason, when I see a rock that looks like it has gold or copper or something else in it, I can't stand not hitting it. It should also be noted that, as part of my deranged mineral mining fantasy, I pretended any mushrooms I found were just valuable gems of some sort.

Basically, I've got a passion for digging, and I'm going to buy the premium version now. I get the feeling though that this game would be more fun to play with a team or something. I know there are at least a couple people on the site who play Minecraft, but is there anybody with a team together that could use another player with a love for mining (it should also be noted that I'll probably enjoy chopping trees down just as much, and do enjoy building things)? I feel like I've watched enough videos to at least know what not to do, and in any case, should learn how to play it fast enough.

Anyway, I'd just love to try out the survival mode of it with a team, YouTube videos made it look like a blast. Also, feel free to say anything you think I should know, about the game, whether it's worth it, etc..
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Questions Empty Re: Minecraft Questions

Post  El Mexi Can 915 2nd December 2011, 7:07 am

I love the Yogscast, I've seen around 20-25 hours worth of their videos. They're one of the biggest channels on youtube.

A lot of us have minecraft and used to play on a UX server that JumpinSNIPA hosted. I've been wanting to ask him if he wants to host it again. Here's the old topic, check out everyone's creations:
http://www.undead-xbox.com/t4979-the-ux-minecraft-server-whitelisted?highlight=Minecraft

Here's one of my posts
El Mexi Can 915 wrote:This is my village and theres masta shefs tree house in the middle
Minecraft Questions Minecr15

Right here you can see where my house is going to be, its where the waterfall is
Minecraft Questions Minecr16

I put several days work into making the place safe to walk around and now I'm gonna build my house and then add details to the village. Eventually my plan is to let people build a home in the village but their house will be restricted to looking more natural by using wood and not stone.

Also some of us just started playing on a random server yesterday and we played it for several hours today
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  lamboman1342 2nd December 2011, 11:19 am

Cool i have the premium minecraft and would like to join a server too. I used to be in one and then someone greifed and the entire server was shut down because of this(kinda weird) also the server hasnt even updated to 1.8 yet. But i would be interested in joing a new server too.
Sleepy- Minecraft is really fun you can spend hours doing nothing and feel accomplished, but remember... you are doing NOTHING. So dont spend every day of your life on minecraft, although it is really fun, I'm not saying minecraft is bad. Also creepers used to be the scariest thing and now there are endermen and the dragon so i would suggest to get the free version, have fun and do not wake up one day with a mincraft kingdom that you spent easily a year working on.
lamboman1342
lamboman1342
Thats right, limp away!

https://www.youtube.com/user/lamboman1342?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 2nd December 2011, 1:39 pm

If Jumpingsnipa ever puts his server back up when we could all play again.

The sever we are on ATM is pretty good. Really hard though.

A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 2nd December 2011, 1:44 pm

I kinda rage quit Minecraft when a Creeper spawned in the TNT room in my castle. It didn't end well.
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi
Zombie Killer Of The Year

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 2nd December 2011, 1:47 pm

FoundDa Kiwi wrote:I kinda rage quit Minecraft when a Creeper spawned in the TNT room in my castle. It didn't end well.

LOL

We should try and get another server up TBH.

I dont think snipa is ever gunna get the other one back up.

We could set up a donation box on the site so that we could pay for the server. I'd be willing to contribute money to it. It would be the OFFICIAL UX SERVER.

Anyone else who would defiantly be willing to contribute money to help pay for it?
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down

Post  El Mexi Can 915 2nd December 2011, 2:49 pm

Tophat 44 wrote:We should try and get another server up TBH.

We could set up a donation box on the site so that we could pay for the server. I'd be willing to contribute money to it. It would be the OFFICIAL UX SERVER.

Anyone else who would defiantly be willing to contribute money to help pay for it?

This is a great idea, the only problem is I don't have any way of paying and I'll feel bad if I play without contributing. I'm also not sure if we'll have enough donations to keep it going
El Mexi Can 915
El Mexi Can 915
R.I.P Magicman

Back to top Go down

Post  eaustinn36 2nd December 2011, 3:45 pm

From what I heard, you can not save or load levels on the free version anymore... Sad

Goodbye 2000 hours of work Crying or Very sad
eaustinn36
eaustinn36
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/user/team99999

Back to top Go down

Post  sgt zombie23 2nd December 2011, 3:52 pm

eaustinn36 wrote:From what I heard, you can not save or load levels on the free version anymore... Sad

Goodbye 2000 hours of work Crying or Very sad

Buy the full version that way you can waste your time more efficiently
sgt zombie23
sgt zombie23
Keeper Of The Chat

Back to top Go down

Post  Pwnisher James 2nd December 2011, 5:58 pm

I would totally donate for server costs but than again, I don't really like using credit cards and what not on the internet.
Pwnisher James
Pwnisher James
Cry Owes Me A Custom Title

Back to top Go down

Post  lamboman1342 2nd December 2011, 6:41 pm

Pwnisher James wrote:I would totally donate for server costs but than again, I don't really like using credit cards and what not on the internet.
Same
lamboman1342
lamboman1342
Thats right, limp away!

https://www.youtube.com/user/lamboman1342?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattiicus 2nd December 2011, 6:48 pm

I dislike how they added a food bar in which you have to keep eating to survive.
Mattiicus
Mattiicus

Back to top Go down

Post  VrAzZLe Meister 2nd December 2011, 7:17 pm

Pwnisher James wrote:I would totally donate for server costs but than again, I don't really like using credit cards and what not on the internet.
Oh just give me your credit card information, and I'll do it for you. In fact I might also need your social security number. Smile

Minecraft Questions Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6UjvAQ7CHb0V6iGNf7fpW5E3oRvSRFagsQiNxJgXHgrp5BtFW2yDoxIT06A
VrAzZLe Meister
VrAzZLe Meister

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrAzZLeMeister?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  whats in a BLT 2nd December 2011, 8:00 pm

Yeah my brother is a champ at stuff like that, making a server isn't that hard to do.
whats in a BLT
whats in a BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 2nd December 2011, 8:00 pm

Alright, I did my first serious mining and got a considerable amount of coal, so that I may light my house a power my stove, giving me safety and cooked food. I then proceeded to fall to my death.

Now I have no coal, but I still have my crafting table and some swords and picks, as well as a bed and a furnace, some feathers, wood, sticks, and chicken meat. I plan to go mining for some coal tomorrow.

Question: Why can't I rest? It says there are monsters nearby, but I thought they were always nearby at night. Does my house need to be lit? Do I need to get into bed before the suns all the way down and the monsters are here? If my house is completely sealed, and my bed in the middle, away from the edges, am I safe? Does resting just wake me up as soon as it turns daytime? Also, what is the recipe for creating a storage chest?
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  whats in a BLT 2nd December 2011, 8:10 pm

For resting you have to have your room lit. It has to be night time. The room you are in has to be sealed. It should work if you have all those covered.
whats in a BLT
whats in a BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  whats in a BLT 2nd December 2011, 8:14 pm

And to make a chest you need to turn your tree wood (the dark brown wood) into planks (the brighter brown wood) then put the planks all around the edges and leave the middle space blank.
whats in a BLT
whats in a BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 2nd December 2011, 8:26 pm

Okay... how do you get health back? I thought you got it back by eating cooked food.
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  FoundDa Kiwi 2nd December 2011, 8:34 pm

Desert Sleepy wrote:Okay... how do you get health back? I thought you got it back by eating cooked food.
If your hunger meter is full then your health will recharge automatically. At least, it does for me.
FoundDa Kiwi
FoundDa Kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  whats in a BLT 2nd December 2011, 8:40 pm

Yeah if your hunger meter is up your health should go up.
whats in a BLT
whats in a BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Desert Sleepy 2nd December 2011, 8:48 pm

Yeah, just found that out. Now I just need to learn where my house is, and I'll be set. As is, I keep having to burrow in for the night. I'm just going to make like 50 emergency houses.

EDIT: Oh Jesus, I'm a tremendous idiot. I ended up hiding out in some dirt shack all night, when my house was right over a hill. As soon as I left my dirt mound though, I was surrounded by an army of creepers. Trying to lose them now.

EDIT: The creeper messed me up, but my house is fine. It now features a skylight (finally got that coal in the furnace, cooked sand to make glass), a central bed, a torch on each wall, and double doors (have to open one door and then a second to get outside).

Damn, it's going to take a while to get something big going. Plan on trying to plateau it up around my house, and then make a lit perimeter wall. Question: Do torches ever go out?
Desert Sleepy
Desert Sleepy
Meerkat Maniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Slacker Hero 2nd December 2011, 9:29 pm

Maybe Minecraft will be decent again, now that Notch isn't developing it anymore.

He's handed lead development over to Jeb.
Slacker Hero
Slacker Hero
hipster as fuck

Back to top Go down

Post  whats in a BLT 2nd December 2011, 10:00 pm

Nah torches never go out.
whats in a BLT
whats in a BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  xxTITAN 08xx 3rd December 2011, 4:30 am

personally i think notch shoulda added more furniture and stuff instead of all this new fantasy stuff like enchanting
xxTITAN 08xx
xxTITAN 08xx
Zombies dun like meh.

Back to top Go down

Post  A Groovy Tophat 3rd December 2011, 11:53 am

Server down???
A Groovy Tophat
A Groovy Tophat
A Tip Of The Hat

Back to top Go down